Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,451 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:36 PM

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ (52667 Views)

Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer / What Will You Do When You Missed A Call From An Interviewer? / "Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by olamonsor2: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
1st Part: Start with a condensed version of your career history. Need we remind you that it has to be as concise as possible?

Pls explain better..
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Obamaone: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
Am always unhapp whenever i saw million of unemployed Nigerians qeuene to be interviewed for a limited post in an organization. That upon the number of the years spent being schooling only end up at begging for JOB. Honestly our curriculum is the schools are not encouraging at all because its only train us to become slave at the end of the day at the mercy of an employer.
Youths!!! Let take our destines with our hands....
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by idrissunny: 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Your answered from the question was more complecated then the usual answere we nomally got from job seekers
efepro:
Noted. Thanks
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by butanep(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
Edunwa302:

Nice one fellow geophycist

Hmmmm...

My holocenic colleague. I greet you Sire.

How is the industry?
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by butanep(m): 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
anochuko01:

mr man, you're hired! resume on Monday, we'll pay you 1.5million per month.
cngratz

Hmmmmm...

You make me laugh.

That salary fit make person get High blood pressure ooo.

... But one day, we will get there.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by straynger: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hello house!

I urgently need sincere reponses to these questions

I was diagnosed of hep B some three months ago and am about going for further tests. 

More important now is that I was sucessful in all the recruitment process for a role in a multinational company( it's an experienced role and I was the only one sucessful). 

Being the last stage I was sent a medical form to take to a specified hospital for medical assessment. Alas! on the form, hep B was part of the test to be conducted.

Pls house, what could be my fate after the company detects my hep B status? Would they not descriminate against me? 

As anyone in the house ever been in a similar situation? how did it turn out? Would being hep B positive mean an end to one's career aspirations? Am very worried now, I have invested so much in myself.

Lastly is there any organisation local or abroad that sees into the rigth of people living with hep B?
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by iAmGee770: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
olafum1:
I'll just say: tell me about yourself first cool
That happens in a movie 'THE GREAT DEBATERS' (HENRY LOWE) tongue
olafum1:
I'll just say: tell me about yourself first cool
That happens in a movie 'THE GREAT DEBATERS' (HENRY LOWE)
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Edunwa302(m): 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
butanep:

Hmmmm...

How is the industry?
Industry dey oh
I pm you boss
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Edunwa302(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
butanep:

Hmmmm...

How is the industry?
Industry dey oh
I PM you boss
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Raxxye(m): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nice clues; short and concise!
Good one, Op
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by mhbabanna: 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
Times have changed. I used this same storyline to answer that very question in a bank interview sometime this year and the next thing the lady interviewing me said was " if I ask you to tell me more about yourself don't you think the first thing you should have done was to tell me your name"? And she had my cv in her hands.
So op times have changed and HR managers do require you tell them your name first before anything
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by butanep(m): 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Edunwa302:

Industry dey oh
I PM you boss

Yeah...

I will reply you now...
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by butanep(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Edunwa302:

Industry dey oh
I PM you boss
I have replied you now
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by butanep(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Edunwa302:

Industry dey oh
I PM you boss

I have replied you now....
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Damsman10(m): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
butanep:
Everyday comes with new methodology.

Tell me about youself? An Oil firm

I am butanep from delta state, studied Geology from University Of Benin, an aspiring geophysicist and also an ICT expert in the area of data base management. I am a dynamic fellow because my discipline has exposed me to different areas of life and career. I am a certified safety officers because safety comes first before any work is done effectively.

I have a basic idea in the application of geological softwares like petrel & powerlog. I had the opportunity to use them during my industrial training @NNPC. I was able to generate a 3D seismic model on the olumu well of Niger delta basin and also generate a correlation panel to other wells in the basin. I did a paper presentation of the fault history of the Niger delta basin and was given a credit for the work. I have plans to publish the work very soon.

I am one fellow eager to learn because continuous learning is the key to a successful career. I want to keep developing myself until my impact is felt in the petroleum industry and the Nigeria economy. I am an indispensable tool which any company or organization will love to hire.

NEXXTTT
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Realist2: 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
inze:
. . . And after the long epistle, the OP still didn't tell this forum how best to answer the question

Morelike saying alot but not saying anything

Exactly, the op has ended up saying nothing !, not even a sample to guide readers like Bunatep did.
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by Edunwa302(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
butanep:

I have replied you now....
Remain blessed
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by butanep(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
Damsman10:

NEXXTTT

NEXXTTT what?
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by olafum1(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
iAmGee770:
That happens in a movie 'THE GREAT DEBATERS' (HENRY LOWE) tongue That happens in a movie 'THE GREAT DEBATERS' (HENRY LOWE)

ok thanks.. I will try to watch it

1 Like

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by emmabod(m): 11:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
pharezonome:
I've visited many blogs but I've never visited a blog that completely covers everything I need. I was surfing the net when I stumbled on this blog. At first, I was'nt optimistic about what I was gonna find inside but after I visited it for the first time. I couldn't stop but visit it over and over again everyday. I've decided not to be selfish, so I'm gonna let you visit it too and have the fun that I had.
http://www.naijaweyre..com
what's with the blog?....mtchweee
onome or whatever your name is, there are better ways of advertising that gibberish you called blog, and stop derailing threads.....nuisance!!!!
if i see this post anywhere on this forum, i will make sure i tackle you...quote me well....idiot!!!
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by emmabod(m): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
straynger:
Hello house!

I urgently need sincere reponses to these questions

I was diagnosed of hep B some three months ago and am about going for further tests. 

More important now is that I was sucessful in all the recruitment process for a role in a multinational company( it's an experienced role and I was the only one sucessful). 

Being the last stage I was sent a medical form to take to a specified hospital for medical assessment. Alas! on the form, hep B was part of the test to be conducted.

Pls house, what could be my fate after the company detects my hep B status? Would they not descriminate against me? 

As anyone in the house ever been in a similar situation? how did it turn out? Would being hep B positive mean an end to one's career aspirations? Am very worried now, I have invested so much in myself.

Lastly is there any organisation local or abroad that sees into the rigth of people living with hep B?

hmnn.....so pathetic!!
actually I didn't know what it was initially until i google searched it.bro, there's nothing God cannot do, have a strong and and unshakable faith in God. He'll remove that virus even when doctors and we ordinary human think it has no cure.
Take care bro......i feel your pain but keep praying.
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by STUDENTSFORUM(m): 6:16am On Sep 12, 2015
smiley
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by melomelo: 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2015
Good job
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by standfit5(m): 5:42am On Oct 14, 2015
Damsman10:

NEXXTTT
like seriously! i want to be believe the poster is an entry level. which HR will allow u finish all these rhetorics?

for instance....normally you hv max of 2mins to ans dis "tell me about yourself"

"my names r XYZ. I am curently in XYZ unit or dept of ABC company. As an "your current position", I am saddle with delivery and support of hardware n software solutions. This I hv bn doing for the past 5 yrs with latest technology tools "mentioned the tools relevant to the job u r interviewing for". Specifivally I hv delivered on ( "list at least or most 3" that relates to d position u r interviewing for.) I also had a stint for 2 yrs with XDY company where I also achieved so so n so. These have prepared me for accelarated delivery of knowledge that will add value to my employment in your organization. thank you"
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by standfit5(m): 5:45am On Oct 14, 2015
Realist2:

Exactly, the op has ended up saying nothing !, not even a sample to guide readers like Bunatep did.

how abt this my sample...it may b offer useful guide

or instance....normally you hv max of 2mins to ans dis "tell me about yourself"

"my names r XYZ. I am curently in XYZ unit or dept of ABC company. As an "your current position", I am saddle with delivery and support of hardware n software solutions. This I hv bn doing for the past 5 yrs with latest technology tools "mentioned the tools relevant to the job u r interviewing for". Specifivally I hv delivered on ( "list at least or most 3" that relates to d position u r interviewing for.) I also had a stint for 2 yrs with XDY company where I also achieved so so n so. These have prepared me for accelarated delivery of knowledge that will add value to my employment in your organization. thank you"
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by STUDENTSFORUM(m): 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
cool
Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by OShepherd: 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
butanep:
Everyday comes with new methodology.

Tell me about youself? An Oil firm

I am butanep from delta state, studied Geology from University Of Benin, an aspiring geophysicist and also an ICT expert in the area of data base management. I am a dynamic fellow because my discipline has exposed me to different areas of life and career. I am a certified safety officers because safety comes first before any work is done effectively.

I have a basic idea in the application of geological softwares like petrel & powerlog. I had the opportunity to use them during my industrial training @NNPC. I was able to generate a 3D seismic model on the olumu well of Niger delta basin and also generate a correlation panel to other wells in the basin. I did a paper presentation of the fault history of the Niger delta basin and was given a credit for the work. I have plans to publish the work very soon.

I am one fellow eager to learn because continuous learning is the key to a successful career. I want to keep developing myself until my impact is felt in the petroleum industry and the Nigeria economy. I am an indispensable tool which any company or organization will love to hire.

Fantabulously fantastic!

1 Like

Re: This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ by butanep(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
OShepherd:
Fantabulously fantastic!
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site / FIRS Appointment At Last! / National Population Commission Is Accepting Cv!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.