Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Star Formation - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Star Formation (11459 Views)

Meteor Showers And Shooting Stars: Formation, Facts And Discovery / Study Crashes Main Moon-formation Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 7:48am On Sep 11, 2015
[b]
We see them almost every night, we marvel at their brilliance and beauty and even as kids imagined we could pluck them while reciting the wonderful rhymes twinkle twinkle little star, little did we know that the stars we called little is actually the one calling us little, little did we know that if the earth was a spec of dust, some stars were as large a footballs little did we know that compared to these glowing balls of majesty we are very insignificant. . . Aaaaaah the innocent days grin

Ok no doubt [size=15]Stars[/size] are one of the most important objects in the universe.
You can't even imagine the universe without it, there won't be galaxies, no blackholes, planets, asteroids and even nebulas won't even be visible so without those little beauties, the universe will be in a total blackout like Nigerian Nepa grin

FORMATION OF STARS
[img]http://sci.esa.int/science-e-media/img/49/heic1007e_410.jpg[/img]

It all starts in a NEBULA (Picture above). A heavy dust cloud of gases made of hydrogen, helium and other ionized gases.
The very genesis of star formation starts with a war, a conflict of supremacy between gravity and matter.

The nebula as a typical cloud will always but slowly want to go apart and then disappear but the gravitational force in space works against this and so gravity pulls the clouds together while the clouds struggle to disperse.

The more gravity gains ground by pulling them together, the dust clouds get denser and denser as more are added to the lot by gravity, it keeps getting denser and hotter until it reaches a temperature of about 18million degrees.

On reaching this outrageous temperature nuclear fusion begins and the core starts joining Hydrogen atoms together to make helium.

Hydrogen + Hydrogen -----> Helium.

A new star is born. A beautiful new baby joins the Stellar world and it's luminosity smears all over the the surrounding space and matter just like the big head Blakjewelry was when he was born grin

Theory of relativity made man understand the activities going on in a star's core by showing us that matter can be converted to energy. .E=MC2

TYPES OF STARS
[img]http://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?s=a9489913f7ffd796444e6d43b81c8740&attachmentid=157711&d=1318734036&thumb=1[/img]

After the formations of stars due to the tyranny of gravity as it bullies the helpless gases sad and a new star is brought into being.

The Mass of the resulting baby star determines the type, size, colour and temperature of the star, from the small and hot red stars to the extremely hot and ridiculously large blue giants.

Red ---------> Yellow ---------> White ---------> Blue

The most famous star to us which is our sun is actually a White star. . a G-TYPE MAIN SEQUENCE STAR sometimes can also be referred to as A YELLOW DWARF.

(You may be wondering why the sun appear yellow here but is actually white. . It is due to the scattering of light in the earth's atmosphere makes it appear predominantly yellow during the day, orange and red sometimes during sunset in our sky.

LIFE SPAN

The irony of things is that you won't always have it all and this is one aspect of the starry life that the little Stars look at the Giants and say "Take that sucker!!! grin angry"

What they lack in size and temperature they make up in life span. The smaller stars have longer life spans than bigger stars.

When an average star like our sun uses up it's Hydrogen which takes billions of years, it begins to make heavier elements by fusion of Helium atoms this time.

Helium + Helium --------> (1)Carbon (2)Oxygen (3)Iron

It triggers higher temperature within the core and and surface expands and the more it expands the more the surface gets cooler because it is farther away from the energy source which is the core...This expanded star is called [size=16]A red giant[/size]

The star gradually starts to loose materials into outer space, gradually and slowly it sheds more and more and more materials. E.g is the Helix Nebula (Picture below)
After exhausting it's nuclear fuel, it collapses and form a white dwarf.

For larger stars like the massive Blue giants, their demise are even more spectacular. After squandering their hydrogen and afterwards helium supply, the heavy elements formed in the core due to helium fusion gets hotter and more massive and the star explodes in the famous, wonderful and beautiful [size=16]supernova[/size]……

"In Dekatrons voice "Baby you are my supernova" grin
Remnants of this still rests in space testifying to the wonders and beauty of it E.g of this is the Crab nebula

Some of which end up forming a BLACKHOLE you can read about BLACKHOLES here ----> https://www.nairaland.com/2585033/blackhole-wormhole-whitehole

OR NEUTRON STAR OR PULSAR
The events leading to the formation of a pulsar begin when the core of a massive star is compressed during a supernova , which collapses into a neutron star. The neutron star retains most of its angular momentum. Forms with a very high rotation speed and emits strong radiation on its magnetic axis.

Cc. Davien, RonbinHez, Hahn, 5minsmadness, Rilwyne001, Teempakguy, freecocoa, Queed, TheDauraMallam, krattoss, menesheh, pr0ton, sukkot, Blakjewelry, FrancisTony,
Krystalzkris, timonski and others that i didn't remember to mention..
[/b]

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Star Formation by sinaj(f): 7:51am On Sep 11, 2015
Itz beautiful smiley
Re: Star Formation by Jbravo58(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2015
Nice Article.... Really love dat. grin
Re: Star Formation by xpac01(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2015
I learnt 2 lessons: In any field of life you aspire to be a STAR expect gravity, when it comes remember it's just necessary for the making of STAR.
And the moment you start feeling like the BIGGEST STAR remember your death from the starhood is imminent..

3 Likes

Re: Star Formation by RobinHez(m): 8:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Booked...
Currently in motion
Re: Star Formation by TheDauraMallam: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Cc. Davien, RonbinHez, Hahn, 5minsmadness, Rilwyne001, Teempakguy, freecocoa, Queed, TheDauraMallam, krattoss, menesheh, pr0ton, sukkot, Blakjewelry, FrancisTony,
Krystalzkris, timonski and others that i didn't remember to mention.

You actually CC'D Rilwyne001?

Oh, by the way, today

Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 8:48am On Sep 11, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

You actually CC'D Rilwyne001?

Oh, by the way, today

Yes i did, He is interested in science topics and he being a muslim has nothing to do with it.

Please bro forget the memes, this is not the religion section. . Please modify wink
Re: Star Formation by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 11, 2015
DID YOU KNOW?

The speed of sound in neutron stars is very close to the speed of light. But it cannot reach it. As soon as that happens, it collapses into a black hole.

Some stars are smaller than some planets.

Neutron stars should not exist at all. Neutrons decay within fifteen minutes outside a nucleus.

Some stars orbit other stars.

Neutron stars often spin at incredibly high speeds.

The sun DOES move.

You cannot read this on a neutron star or a dwarf. The magnetic field would destroy the device immediately.

A nebula often several thousand light years in size. That is so massive . . . imagine if our entire solar system was made of nebula cloud. grin

Earth was not formed with water at all. It was a dry as a bone during it's early stages. Water arrived on some special meteorites known as carbonanceous chondrites. Which contained ice on them. It also arrived on other planets, but earth benefited the most.

Planets themselves are formed by fractional distillation. cheesy

Most hyper-giant stars have a neutron star in their core. This is why they explode in supernova. You don't mess with neutron stars.

Neutron stars are also called pulsars. Because they emit bursts or pulses of energy. Periodically.

If you approached the sun, ironically. It's not the heat that would kill you first. It's the gamma radiation.
Re: Star Formation by Dekatron(m): 9:00am On Sep 11, 2015
Lol @ baby u are my supernova

hmmm @ TheDauraMallam :- The religion is scary. Lets leave that.

Mehn, its good to wake up to see some BEAUTIFUL things. . . . . . Isn't our sun dying?
Re: Star Formation by Dekatron(m): 9:02am On Sep 11, 2015
Teempakguy:
DID YOU KNOW?

The speed of sound in neutron stars is very close to the speed of light. But it cannot reach it. As soon as that happens, it collapses into a black hole.

Some stars are smaller than some planets.

Neutron stars should not exist at all. Neutrons decay within fifteen minutes outside a nucleus.

Some stars orbit other stars.

Neutron stars often spin at incredibly high speeds.

The sun DOES move.

You cannot read this on a neutron star or a dwarf. The magnetic field would destroy the device immediately.

A nebula often several thousand light years in size. That is so massive . . . imagine if our entire solar system was made of nebula cloud. grin

Earth was not formed with water at all. It was a dry as a bone during it's early stages. Water arrived on some special meteorites known as carbonanceous chondrites. Which contained ice on them. It also arrived on other planets, but earth benefited the most.

Planets themselves are formed by fractional distillation. cheesy

Most hyper-giant stars have a neutron star in their core. This is why they explode in supernova. You don't mess with neutron stars.

Neutron stars are also called pulsars. Because they emit bursts or pulses of energy. Periodically.

If you approached the sun, ironically. It's not the heat that would kill you first. It's the gamma radiation.

guy!! Where did you see these?

Also, the world cannot lift a spoonful of neutron stars!!
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2015
Dekatron:
Lol @ baby u are my supernova

hmmm @ TheDauraMallam :- The religion is scary. Lets leave that.

Mehn, its good to wake up to see some BEAUTIFUL things. . . . . . Isn't our sun dying?
Nope our sun is not dying, as a matter of fact it is a middle aged gorgeous lady wink

Average stars like the sun live up to 10billion years before exhausting their hydrogen supply, our sun is still about 4.5billion years... So still has up to 5.5billion years before using up it's hydrogen and expand into a red giant.
Re: Star Formation by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2015
Dekatron:

guy!! Where did you see these?

Also, the world cannot lift a spoonful of neutron stars!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I watch educational videos and I read articles from time to time. This is some of the things I learnt.

Also, yeah. The world cannot lift a spoonful of neutron stars.
But that is not all. If you took a spoonful of neutron star matter away from the neutron star, in the absence of the gravity to compress it, it would quickly expand.(explode, in fact) and decay.

The result can be calculated with Einstein's energy-mass equation, and it's not enticing at all. Such an explosion is several times more powerful than little boy. The dropped in Nagasaki. sad
Re: Star Formation by Dekatron(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2015
Teempakguy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I watch educational videos and I read articles from time to time. This is some of the things I learnt.

Also, yeah. The world cannot lift a spoonful of neutron stars.
But that is not all. If you took a spoonful of neutron star matter away from the neutron star, in the absence of the gravity to compress it, it would quickly expand.(explode, in fact) and decay.

The result can be calculated with Einstein's energy-mass equation, and it's not enticing at all. Such an explosion is several times more powerful than little boy. The dropped in Nagasaki. sad

youTube? Disc? Satellite Tv?

Any channel of such I can subscribe to on youTube? Any disc? & my dad doesnt recharge the startimes when I was still home cos of poor light.

I am curious. Oya whisper it
dont let johnydon22 hear
Re: Star Formation by Dekatron(m): 9:15am On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Nope our sun is not dying, as a matter of fact it is a middle aged gorgeous lady wink

Average stars like the sun live up to 10billion years before exhausting their hydrogen supply, our sun is still about 4.5billion years... So still has up to 5.5billion years before using up it's hydrogen and expand into a red giant.

5.5 billion left from 10.isnt it technically DYING?

Lol. Don't mind me jare. My brain doesn't wanna let go of that fact. Its a stubborn organ.

grin
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Dekatron:

5.5 billion left from 10.isnt it technically DYING?

Lol. Don't mind me jare. My brain doesn't wanna let go of that fact. Its a stubborn organ.

grin
5.5 left means e never go half naa ... wonder who will stick around until the sun turns into a red giant grin

#Roasted grin
Re: Star Formation by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2015
Dekatron:

youTube? Disc? Satellite Tv?

Any channel of such I can subscribe to on youTube? Any disc? & my dad doesnt recharge the startimes when I was still home cos of poor light.

I am curious. Oya whisper it
dont let johnydon22 hear
oh well.
On the Internet, try quora.com and wired.com.
They are awesome.

On YouTube, try Vsauce, minutephysics, minute earth, physics girl(a girl that does physics videos, and NO! she is not Nigerian. cry) er, veritasium, Vsauce3 and thoughty2 wink

smiley smiley
Re: Star Formation by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
5.5 left means e never go half naa ... wonder who will stick around until the sun turns into a red giant grin

#Roasted grin
grin grin grin
Re: Star Formation by kiddie(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2015
Am wowed we've got brains here
Re: Star Formation by freecocoa(f): 10:14am On Sep 11, 2015
Nice one as usual Johnny.

Our sun is indeed very beautiful, it is more or less all colours mixed together which appears to us as white.

Dude you are just making me want to go to space but too bad I can't go near the sun.sad
Re: Star Formation by freecocoa(f): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Do you think it's possible that there will be humans around when the sun eventually becomes a red giant?
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2015
freecocoa:
Do you think it's possible that there will be humans around when the sun eventually becomes a red giant?
There may be a chance that some species maybe quite different than the ones inhabiting the earth now will still be around then.

But when the sun eventually becomes a red giant then Boom!!! shocked #Roasted grin
Re: Star Formation by freecocoa(f): 10:38am On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
There may be a chance that some species maybe quite different than the ones inhabiting the earth now will still be around then.

But when the sun eventually becomes a red giant then Boom!!! shocked #Roasted grin
Yea, that automatically means, nothing go exist again na.grin
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]
We see them almost every night, we marvel at their brilliance and beauty and even as kids imagined we could pluck them while reciting the wonderful rhymes twinkle twinkle little star, little did we know that the stars we called little is actually the one calling us little, little did we know that if the earth was a spec of dust, some stars were as large a footballs little did we know that compared to these glowing balls of majesty we are very insignificant. . . Aaaaaah the innocent days grin

Ok no doubt [size=15]Stars[/size] are one of the most important objects in the universe.
You can't even imagine the universe without it, there won't be galaxies, no blackholes, planets, asteroids and even nebulas won't even be visible so without those little beauties, the universe will be in a total blackout like Nigerian Nepa grin

FORMATION OF STARS
[img]http://sci.esa.int/science-e-media/img/49/heic1007e_410.jpg[/img]

It all starts in a NEBULA (Picture above). A heavy dust cloud of gases made of hydrogen, helium and other ionized gases.
The very genesis of star formation starts with a war, a conflict of supremacy between gravity and matter.

The nebula as a typical cloud will always but slowly want to go apart and then disappear but the gravitational force in space works against this and so gravity pulls the clouds together while the clouds struggle to disperse.

The more gravity gains ground by pulling them together, the dust clouds get denser and denser as more are added to the lot by gravity, it keeps getting denser and hotter until it reaches a temperature of about 18million degrees.

On reaching this outrageous temperature nuclear fusion begins and the core starts joining Hydrogen atoms together to make helium.

Hydrogen + Hydrogen -----> Helium.

A new star is born. A beautiful new baby joins the Stellar world and it's luminosity smears all over the the surrounding space and matter just like the big head Blakjewelry was when he was born grin

Theory of relativity made man understand the activities going on in a star's core by showing us that matter can be converted to energy. .E=MC2

TYPES OF STARS
[img]http://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?s=a9489913f7ffd796444e6d43b81c8740&attachmentid=157711&d=1318734036&thumb=1[/img]

After the formations of stars due to the tyranny of gravity as it bullies the helpless gases sad and a new star is brought into being.

The Mass of the resulting baby star determines the type, size, colour and temperature of the star, from the small and hot red stars to the extremely hot and ridiculously large blue giants.

Red ---------> Yellow ---------> White ---------> Blue

The most famous star to us which is our sun is actually a White star. . a G-TYPE MAIN SEQUENCE STAR sometimes can also be referred to as A YELLOW DWARF.

(You may be wondering why the sun appear yellow here but is actually white. . It is due to the scattering of light in the earth's atmosphere makes it appear predominantly yellow during the day, orange and red sometimes during sunset in our sky.

LIFE SPAN

The irony of things is that you won't always have it all and this is one aspect of the starry life that the little Stars look at the Giants and say "Take that sucker!!! grin angry"

What they lack in size and temperature they make up in life span. The smaller stars have longer life spans than bigger stars.

When an average star like our sun uses up it's Hydrogen which takes billions of years, it begins to make heavier elements by fusion of Helium atoms this time.

Helium + Helium --------> (1)Carbon (2)Oxygen (3)Iron

It triggers higher temperature within the core and and surface expands and the more it expands the more the surface gets cooler because it is farther away from the energy source which is the core...This expanded star is called [size=16]A red giant[/size]

The star gradually starts to loose materials into outer space, gradually and slowly it sheds more and more and more materials. E.g is the Helix Nebula (Picture below)
After exhausting it's nuclear fuel, it collapses and form a white dwarf.

For larger stars like the massive Blue giants, their demise are even more spectacular. After squandering their hydrogen and afterwards helium supply, the heavy elements formed in the core due to helium fusion gets hotter and more massive and the star explodes in the famous, wonderful and beautiful [size=16]supernova[/size]……

"In Dekatrons voice "Baby you are my supernova" grin
Remnants of this still rests in space testifying to the wonders and beauty of it E.g of this is the Crab nebula

Some of which end up forming a BLACKHOLE you can read about BLACKHOLES here ----> https://www.nairaland.com/2585033/blackhole-wormhole-whitehole

Krystalzkris, timonski and others that i didn't remember to mention.
[/b]
very enthralling and inspiring post my brother johnydon22. thanks for the input. may I also add that the human spirit when it leaves the human body goes into the galaxies and becomes a star. so most of these stars you see are human spirits so the question is which galaxy do you come from ? me myself i have had past lives in a few constellations and cluster of stars like i was once in the plaeides, then andromeda, perseus, virgo, aquila and piscean constellations in my past cosmic existence. wink wink
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
Have you guys heard that there will be a lunar eclips on the 28th of this month?
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
very enthralling and inspiring post my brother johnydon22. thanks for the input. may I also add that the human spirit when it leaves the human body goes into the galaxies and becomes a star. so most of these stars you see are human spirits so the question is which galaxy do you come from ? me myself i have had past lives in a few constellations and cluster of stars like i was once in the plaeides, then andromeda, perseus, virgo, aquila and piscean constellations in my past cosmic existence.
lmao. Where did learn this? Has it been proved? grin
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Geofavor:

lmao. Where did learn this? Has it been proved? grin
it is celestial knowledge. you learn it in cosmic school cheesy
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
Geofavor:
Have you guys heard that there will be a lunar eclips on the 28th of this month?
Yeah it will be a breathtaking sight. . smiley Can't wait to see it
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
Geofavor:
yup there was a frontpage post about it yesterday but there will also be a partial solar eclipse on 13th of september on a new moon day with the new moon in virgo
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
very enthralling and inspiring post my brother johnydon22. thanks for the input. may I also add that the human spirit when it leaves the human body goes into the galaxies and becomes a star. so most of these stars you see are human spirits so the question is which galaxy do you come from ? me myself i have had past lives in a few constellations and cluster of stars like i was once in the plaeides, then andromeda, perseus, virgo, aquila and piscean constellations in my past cosmic existence. wink wink
The elements in our body and planets are made from star stuffs and are made in stars.

But about the spirity stuff grin OYO is your case.. Pumba in "Lion King" share that ideology or should i say belief with you tho..grin
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
yup there was a frontpage post about it yesterday but there will also be a partial solar eclipse on 13th of september on a new moon day with the new moon in virgo
Imagine if the earth had 2 moons like Mars, we would be getting solar eclipses more often and two moons in the sky smiley
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
The elements in our body and planets are made from star stuffs and are made in stars.

But about the spirity stuff grin OYO is your case.. Pumpa in "Lion King" share that ideology or should i say belief with you tho..grin
bros, we are stars. believe that. we are energy. a ball of energy is what is powering this flesh. the question is, johnydon22 what constellation do you come from ? what is your zodiac sign undecided
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
this is great. Around what time precisely will it be prominent the most?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hack Any Wifi Password In A Minutes With A Pc (100% Working) / 2 Months Intensive Power Inverter Training With Solar Support / MTN Sim Swap / MTN Line Welcome Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.