Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

A True Sacrifice - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A True Sacrifice (561 Views)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / May, 2004 (a True Life Story) / TORN (based On A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A True Sacrifice by Legaycey: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Passing by a graveyard yesterday
I saw a man crying severely at one grave m As an act of sympathy I went to him and held his hand and asked, ” What makes you cry so much, dear man.'
'Under this mound of sand lies a great person', said he
'Such a loving and caring mother was she From childhood to manhood she loved me deep Even though I deserted her in my youth She had 1 eye due to which I hated her When she visited my school my friends laughed at her
I was always mocked because of her Hers coming to my school was embarrassing for me I was so stupid, so unwise When one day without thinking I cried
'Why can't you leave me and go away? You are making my life tougher day by day! ' So bad was my treatment towards her Till the time I was sure I could abandon her To leave her for good And stand on my own foot I left her and went far away I married the most striking lady And never missed my dear mummy Did not even call her on my marriage ceremony
Mummy continued weeping and crying Just to get a glimpse of her only child She learned about my marriage after three years When I had had my own child of one year She, after many enquires, found my house And came to see me and my espoused Oh! It was terrible to see her again She was such a shame for my infant I was so upset that, on her face, I slammed the door This for her was a hurting blow she wept and wept and went back home And left all of us all alone
I and my family lived a happy life While my mother, for me cried and cried Years continue to pass by I neither heard nor did I see her ever again When all of a sudden she died A busy person like me can’t go to her funeral”, I had cried
Few days later a letter arrived It was from my mother That she must have posted before she died Contained in it was a horrible truth The letter went like this
“Dear son of mine Your horrible treatments I did not mind I forgave you all the time……. But there is something I hid from you my entire life That is, during childhood when you lost an eye, I gave you mine.”
by lil island Gal

(1) (Reply)

O Brother Series / Online Book Shopping In Nigeria: Sell Your Book, Ebook & Audio-book On Kpibooks / Old Sweet Memories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.