Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (114851 Views)

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ElekeNtioba: 2:15am On Sep 13, 2015
vicadex07:

But they are kings and Queens ruling over a Kingdom of their own in the white mans land, something that your tribe will never be able to achieve in a thousand years to come

In the heirachy of Slaves the Yoruba presided over the others because of their high level of intelligence and sophistication and that is why their Language and cultures survived in those colonial countries up till date.

Igbo slaves however were third class slaves. They were used for the most demeaning and dehumanizing tasks because they were very good at manual labour that requires no intelligence just like we have in present day Nigeria, hence they had no opinion and their culture and sense of identity was completely balkanized.

LMAO...third class why not give them fourth class.

Clap for youself....king of slaves...lol

This your post and the number of of pple who liked it confirms that most yoruba on NL are just rètarded.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ernecy(m): 7:35am On Sep 13, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

They love you grin
I don't think so any more
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2015
Pls, i wanna post a topic of mine,kindly direct me how i am togo about it .......

cristweeezy:
yes, enter well join.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by cristweeezy(m): 10:30am On Sep 13, 2015
Alihkizito:
Pls, i wanna post a topic of mine,kindly direct me how i am togo about it .......

I don't know much abt it too. I wanted to post a topic too but it proved futile.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2015
Can u do me a favor??
I just want you to always click"like" to all my quotes
cause, am a superior shareholder in this forum, lala is my cousin and am on target, seun knows about that,ones the deal is done, u will heavily benefith and link in fame categories,
omoyoru,u understand my lyrics right?

cristweeezy:
I don't know much abt it too. I wanted to post a topic too but it proved futile.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by cristweeezy(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Alihkizito:
Can u do me a favor??
I just want you to always click"like" to all my quotes
cause, am a superior shareholder in this forum, lala is my cousin and am on target, seun knows about that,ones the deal is done, u will heavily benefith and link in fame categories,
omoyoru,u understand my lyrics right?

can I do u a flavour?
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hey!! A greyoldBitter kola is not meant for childsplay...
Your danglin with a chained Beast-at-D-corner.

cristweeezy:
can I do u a flavour?
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by cristweeezy(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
Alihkizito:
Hey!! A greyoldBitter kola is not meant for childsplay...
Your danglin with a chained Beast-at-D-corner.

lol. Seriously,I dnt understand u
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by gemini35(m): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
vicadex07:

First imbeciIe to spew trash.

Wait for me, I dey prepare your medicine.

***modified***

Now your medicine don done.

Your brothers are hated and massacred in
millions anywhere they are found across the
World.

I heard it was Igbo people that triggered the
xenophobic reactions in South Africa.

They were boasting about and telling the
natives that they are slaves to white people and
that they are the ones that built and developed
South Africa for them.

They even told the natives that there ladies preferred dating them cos they're more successful...I mean who does that if not the flat
headed arrogant criminals and drug pushers.

Igbo people are cursed with bile, hate, jealousy and crime.
THE YORUBAS HATE FOR IGBO IS ALARMING,EVEN THE NORTHERNERS THAT ARE USING THEM IN ACHEVING THEIR GOAL ,THEIR MASTER ARE NT HATED WHY,THIS ZOO MUST FALL,
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by vicadex07(m): 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
This senseless unfounded statement is why we dislike u people and not hate. If you note on this thread, am not the agressor. I was only replying your rabid brothers
gemini35:
THE YORUBAS HATE FOR IGBO IS ALARMING,EVEN THE NORTHERNERS THAT ARE USING THEM IN ACHEVING THEIR GOAL ,THEIR MASTER ARE NT HATED WHY,THIS ZOO MUST FALL,

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by gemini35(m): 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
THE IGBOS ARE GREAT PEOPLE CREATIVE AND INTELLIGENT,READY TO SURVIVE EVEN IN THE DESERT,WHICH YORUBA PEOPLE FINDS IT DIFFICULT TO ADMIT,BECAUSE OF THEIR EGO,I,M NT HEAR TO INSULT,SOON THEY WILL SEE JAPAN OF AFRICA,LET ME ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION WHICH IMPACT HAVE THEY MADE IN THOSE COUNTRIES,THAN THE IGBO
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
Nawa...o!!

cristweeezy:
lol. Seriously,I dnt understand u
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by cristweeezy(m): 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
Alihkizito:
Nawa...o!!

u ask ao dem dey post bro. And I tok say me sef wan post say buh I no know am too. I no tok bad nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by cristweeezy(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2015
Alihkizito:
Nawa...o!!

no vex bro. I don get am. U go 1st click on the section u want,mayb 'business' or 'sports' etc. Den u go see 'create new topic',den dere u go. Buh u must participate for some time bfor u fit do am.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Lushore1: 10:32am On Sep 14, 2015
gemini35:
THE IGBOS ARE GREAT PEOPLE CREATIVE AND INTELLIGENT,READY TO SURVIVE EVEN IN THE DESERT,WHICH YORUBA PEOPLE FINDS IT DIFFICULT TO ADMIT,BECAUSE OF THEIR EGO,I,M NT HEAR TO INSULT,SOON THEY WILL SEE JAPAN OF AFRICA,LET ME ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION WHICH IMPACT HAVE THEY MADE IN THOSE COUNTRIES,THAN THE IGBO

Yoruba religion and tradition is currently one of the top 10 religion in the world, with over 100 million participants and you are asking what kind of impact they are making....smh

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2015
Happy new week,may it be with you
any thanks for dat

cristweeezy:
no vex bro. I don get am. U go 1st click on the section u want,mayb 'business' or 'sports' etc. Den u go see 'create new topic',den dere u go. Buh u must participate for some time bfor u fit do am.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by cristweeezy(m): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2015
Alihkizito:
any thanks for dat

amen. U welkum. I posted one dis morning,dt was ma 1st time and it went through.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by cristweeezy(m): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2015
Alihkizito:
any thanks for dat

amen. U welkum. I posted one dis morning,dt was ma 1st time and it went through
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 11:50am On Sep 14, 2015
Yea.... But wait a minnte whats "Fp" all about,, iz it dat when ones news is well relevant,it will be red in CNN?? Or how

cristweeezy:
amen. U welkum. I posted one dis morning,dt was ma 1st time and it went through.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by cristweeezy(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2015
Alihkizito:
Yea.... But wait a minnte whats "Fp" all about,, iz it dat when ones news is well relevant,it will be red in CNN?? Or how

2 b candid, I don't know much abt it.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
Bros waitin i dey try lament beesay eh!! Dis "frontpage of a tin, how e bee like, na beesay no bee all created news are been showcase??, dats sum are neglected??

cristweeezy:
2 b candid, I don't know much abt it.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Dindondin(m): 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2015
Yoruba the best race

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mignone(f): 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ilekeh:
He even got tribal marks to complete it.

My boss loves anything Yoruba. He's always to so happy to introduce me to people, I'm like CHILLLL.

He was so excited when he found out that our university not only have African studies, but a separate Yoruba studies (not just Yoruba language) department. When he told me, I was like.....so? Almost all top American universities have Yoruba language courses.

Funny guy.

People love Yoruba culture, no lie. grin

For mischievous rodents asking how this will impact Yoruba lives in Nigeria:

The Yoruba village in South Carolina impacts the lives of Yorubas and non-Yorubas in America who wants to learn more about the Yoruba culture.
Their value and mission is not to help ekiti or Ilesan or osogbo people in NIgeria. Their mission is to enrich the lives of people with information. Information is power.
Oduduwa a gbe a o!
Ààse!
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mart2k(m): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
WailingWailer00:

Hausa people are your gods

We igbos Lord over them even in their homes

Igbo is the most successful and supreme tribe in Nigeria, against all odds grin
ok, keep dreaming
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Such camera angle, many style, so delightful cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Video Of Oluwo Of Iwo Rolling Weed Released By Chanel Chin, His Ex Wife / Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures / Kalabari People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.