Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App (1058 Views)

See The Function Of LOST.DIR Folder On Your Android SD Card / Samsung Brings Back Flip Phones Running Android OS: Meet Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by teewhydope(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
Just add "." at the back of the folder name e.g ".pictures" and the folder will disappear. to unhide it goto the option of your file manager and tick "show hidden folders" then you can remove the "." from the name.
Interesting part is, the hidden files will also disappear from the gallery

Nb. Doesnt work with stock file manager
Re: How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nonsense, my people don't mind this man, that suit doesn't work, a computer can't save a file name using "." It won't work
Re: How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Nonsense, my people don't mind this man, that suit doesn't work, a computer can't save a file name using "." It won't work

Smh. I feel sorry for you
Re: How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by emmanwandud(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
Raymondenyi:
he said on an android phone not computer
Re: How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
It doesn't work
Re: How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by oganology33(m): 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Y u no try am first b4 u blast d guy na
Now wey u don com fall ur hand nko
Because I jxt tried it and it worked.
Abi na u discover Android
Re: How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by oganology33(m): 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
teewhydope:
Just add "." at the back of the folder name e.g ".pictures" and the folder will disappear. to unhide it goto the option of your file manager and tick "show hidden folders" then you can remove the "." from the name.
Interesting part is, the hidden files will also disappear from the gallery

Nb. Doesnt work with stock file manager
Nice one Bro. u tried. abeg post anoda 1. thanxx

1 Like

Re: How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by Usminous: 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
It work perfectly well..... But this is hw I modified it.. For instance ur create a new folder named music do it like this email put dot before the folder e.g . Music then it will hide it... Try it and feed me back
Re: How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Wats dis man saying?
Re: How To Hide A Folder On An Android Phone Without Any App by favistar(m): 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need HELP To Unbrick My Infinix Hot2 / The Leading Android Phone / Help! I Have Bricked Gionee M3 Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.