Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy (49993 Views)

Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm / "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods / Sack Farming From Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 6:01am On Sep 23, 2015
Attached is the front page magazine of this month's edition of Smart Farmer and as one can see there is a cover story on how lucrative the
bag farming is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by sheyi86: 6:13am On Sep 23, 2015
Pavore9:
Attached is the front page magazine of this month's edition of Smart Farmer and as one can see there is a cover story on how lucrative the
bag farming is.
Gud morni sir, pls i av nt heard frm u abt the material u promised me, and u refuse to reply my mail av i offended u?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 6:27am On Sep 23, 2015
sheyi86:
Gud morni sir, pls i av nt heard frm u abt the material u promised me, and u refuse to reply my mail av i offended u?

No, l was travelling and couldn't access internet till this morning and l have a backlog of emails to reply to. Expect a mail within the next 10mins.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
Pavore9:

No, l was travelling and couldn't access internet till this morning and l have a backlog of emails to reply to. Expect a mail within the next 10mins.
How can I get the bag... I have farmers who are interested and at what cost? Thanks!
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
organicfoods:
How can I get the bag... I have farmers who are interested and at what cost? Thanks!

Send a PM.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Seun(m): 11:44am On Sep 25, 2015
Where did you get the rich soil?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 8:58am On Sep 26, 2015
Seun:
Where did you get the rich soil?
I went sourcing... I am based in Ibadan. I prefer to harvest soil where Akintola and sun flowers had grown... Also I mixed with organic fertilizer.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
Juliana7:
@organicfood, tthis is lovely, keep it up, u are awesomely doing a great job, keep d info and pictures coming. Thanks
Thanks Julie! I am humbled.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by freelife4all(m): 3:03am On Sep 28, 2015
@ Organicfood keep to the good job you are currently doing, it is not easy, I wish success in this your project. keep updating us, am following.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by guse22000: 12:37am On Sep 29, 2015
Please how can I get seeds to buy from Technisem, can I get their contact from any one in the house?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Soloxam(m): 5:58am On Sep 29, 2015
guse22000:
Please how can I get seeds to buy from Technisem, can I get their contact from any one in the house?
call the lines on my signature.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 1:41am On Oct 04, 2015
I have been a bit busy lately. Mostly on the field. Organic certification program for farmers in Nigeria hots up internal auditing of farms. External auditors expected in October 8.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
Pavore9:

More of shade net, the material is locally available so that sample will help you out with the sewing and I will look forward seeing you posting your first harvest from it on Nairaland cool. Yeah, kudos to organicfood, he has started out

Hoping for a day that u will get an SMS to submit your cv for ministerial position.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
mercylicious:

Hoping for a day that u will get an SMS to submit your cv for ministerial position.

SMS? cheesy cheesy cheesy Nah! my path is so far from that direction. The funny thing is that last week l jokingly told my cousin who is also based in Kenya that if she is not a Reverend Sister, she should have been running things agriculture-wise in Nigeria because what she knows is beyond 'witchcraft' even Kenyans are wowed! cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2015
Tomatoes and sweet pepper in the nursery. A cost saving nursery you will say.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Juliana7: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2015
@organicfoods, pls sir what is d name of d organic fertilizer u bought 1kg for #150. And where can we get it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
Juliana7:
@organicfoods, pls sir what is d name of d organic fertilizer u bought 1kg for #150. And where can we get it. Thanks
We have a partnership with a company that supply for our projects. How much quantity do you want? Are you based in Ibadan?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 6:38am On Oct 26, 2015
Been away for two weeks... Took organic inspector to farms in kogi and Nasarawa in a process to get them organic status that will add values to their produce...this is the first time in Nigeria where farms will be examine for organic standard to attain organic certification courtesy WWOOF Nigeria and vantage organic foods... Over two thousand farmers stands to benefit in the first phase this year!

2 Likes

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 11:25am On Oct 26, 2015
My make shift nursery doing well. Sweet pepper appears to love the soil, does better than the tomatoes. I got some giant beans growing in the nursery as well.

Meanwhile, I went to dezengov recently and had a feel of materials used for their green house... Very much like the shaded net.

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
Out of my very tight schedule.... This evening I transplanted my tomatoes into my make shift vertical sack.

Pavore promised to send a sample of the sack from Kenya..my tomatoes can't wait though.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
organicfoods:
Out of my very tight schedule.... This evening I transplanted my tomatoes into my make shift vertical sack.

Pavore promised to send a sample of the sack from Kenya..my tomatoes can't wait though.

Hian! you carry my case come here! cheesy cheesy. Just send me a reminder mail by Saturday so it will be available early next week!
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 7:27am On Nov 06, 2015
Pavore9:

Hian! you carry my case come here! cheesy cheesy. Just send me a reminder mail by Saturday so it will be available early next week!
No be so my oga at the top.... Lol!
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2015
Pavore9:

I sent you a mail sir
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Vertical farming experiment coming alive

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
Dry season farming is the soul of this idea.

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Project moving in right direction.. This concept is made in heaven for tomato cultivation. I will be sharing my observations soon. Very interesting. Meanwhile I will be implementing it on large scale for a widow.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by securi: 4:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Awesome!
organicfoods:
Vertical farming experiment coming alive

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 8:07am On Nov 21, 2015
In few weeks I will be sharing some pix implementing vertical sack farming on a large scale... I have a real big project at hand.

Meanwhile instead of our state government planting flowers without returns, they can plant tomatoes and pepper... Citizens can go plucking to help themselves.

Furthermore, carport shade net is the best material for the sack.

2 Likes

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 8:37am On Nov 21, 2015
organicfoods:
Project moving in right direction.. This concept is made in heaven for tomato cultivation. I will be sharing my observations soon. Very interesting. Meanwhile I will be implementing it on large scale for a widow.

Which crops are will you go growing for her?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
Pavore9:

Which crops are will you go growing for her?
Tomato, sweet pepper and fluted pumpkin
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
organicfoods:
Tomato, sweet pepper and fluted pumpkin

You can also add spices like coriander and curry to the mix.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria / See Snake I Found On My Farm While Harvesting Cassava / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.