Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,550 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:48 PM

Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female (6155 Views)

Buhari: "Northerners Are The Most Qualified" / Sarah Alade Is The Governor Of The Centre Bank Of Western Nigeria/ Deputy CBN / Nazim Mimiko Nominated To Replace Jega From March 1, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2009
bobo, I am not from kwara state. And soludo and iweala would not be central bank governor again. I am sorry, i did not write the constitution.

Bobo, I am not from kwara state,  so i am not supporting Dr sarah alade because she is from kwara state. The issue is she is the most qualified for the job and i know some of the politics against women in nigeria. 

Dont get me wrong, I do not hate Soludo or Iweala, but I am doing was is best for the people.

And let review soludo era.

Many people you forget lost thier job under soludo.
Many people lost thier life saving under soludo. Unable to check interest rate in time,
naira at N200 for $1

Let me say of his merit too. a stronger banking system.  But still, that is not the only factor you look at, the economy need a fresh person. 6 years is good enough. 12 years. if soludo had any other idea, that he could not do in 6 years. he does not need another 6 years for that. Let try someone else for another 6 years. and see if that person can turn around the economy.

I am confident Dr sarah Alade would perform well. I have to be honest with you. I do not know dr sarah alade, we both went to university together. I think philip adekunle of NVS may know her very well. My standing up for this woman, is based on the fact that i believe nobody should be cheated anywhere in the world. 

i forget philip adekunle also have 2 master degree in economics abroad. so we have people who can replace soludo. He also is from the north central. i am from the south. not the north.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2009
@becomerich

Since you are now an advocate of federal character and equitable distribution of positions of authority in our country, tell me sincerely FROM WHICH ZONE WUOLD YOU WANT THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA TO COME FROM AND WHO IS YOUR BEST CANDIDATE FOR THE POST. thank you.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by jazzsoul: 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2009
Becomrrich:

Under whose watch is the naira nearly N200 to a $1, soludo.

Worst economy in nigeria. Even while people may lay blame on yar adua, is it not soludo that is suppose to fine turn the economy. what sowore and others are saying. that a mafia lead by soludo and other. what is see as igbo mafia are the give yar adua problem. To disprove them, let remove all of them and see if the system would not work.

the problem with the stock exchange would not happen if Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke of the stock exchange was from a different background. sowore and others are saying the igbo mafia are blackmailing the nation. Just like they ar doing for the constitution review.

Soludo [igbo], iweala[igbo] and Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke[igbo] , nigerian need to be mix.
Look I can tell you this. If soludo leaves office tomorrow. He would be pick up by the EFCC that same day. He should not even be thinking about reappointment, is may concern should be with the EFCC a day after office.

Mr. Becommrrich, the CBN Governor serves at the pleasure of the President and if he is such a bad CEO then the President should have fired him. You write like a functional illiterate. You state that the best person should get the CBN post but at the same time you talk about the need to balance federal and geographic variables.

I see you live in Ontario and I will like to meet you to discuss some of your silly ideas about Nigerian politics. I like you to tell me the part of Canadian federal character influenced the appointment of David Dodge, Mark Carney, John Crow and Gordon Thiessen as Governors of Bank of Canada.

I read some of your views about the power problems in Nigeria and there were some merit in your recommended solutions. Stick to power related issues as you will do more good in that direction. Clean up your writing, it is very infantile.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 3:07am On Apr 16, 2009
The yorubas call it aje. Dr sarah Alade have something like an aje on her side. if yar adua pick her, just like aje work like situation would happen to the economy. I dont know how to explain. it aje is the only word, i know to explain it.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by desgiezd(m): 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2009
Becomrrich:

I do not know dr sarah alade, we both went to university together.

Becomrrich:

The yorubas call it aje. Dr sarah Alade have something like an aje on her side. if yar adua pick her, just like aje work like situation would happen to the economy. I dont know how to explain. it aje is the only word, i know to explain it.

You sound so confused. In one breath you claim you dont know this woman and in another you claim she has "aje"(another Yoruba word for goodluck in business success, I guess) . The question is if you dont know her, how come you know she has "aje" which you claim would instantly transform our economy immediately she is appointed? Did you read it in the newspapers or you saw it in her CV or was it in her website you saw it or where?

If I were you, which I know I would never be, I would simply terminate this campaign because it wont go anywhere. I'll suggest you support Soludo and allow him to finish his 13-point agenda and use his intellect in helping this Country.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by desgiezd(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2009
angry angry
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2009
Okonji Iweala would be an ideal replcement just that she is too expensive!
Dr Sarah Alade
Fola Adeola
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi/Jacob Ajekigbe
Tunde Remo/Remi Babalola
Remi Babalola is my choice. The guy is a performer.To me, he outperformed Shamsudeen Usman, even as Minister of state.
I have also heard much about Sanusi Lamido's brilliance, but I know little about him. Still learning about/observing him before placing my money on him.
Fola Adeola is a genius but, being one of the promoters of one of the banks to be regulated, I don't think he's in best position to be CBN governor.

In your own state, one man ( Olusola Saraki) is controlling everything. His son is the governor, he has a son in the senate and a daughter in the house of reps.
Good point, bad facts. Try to arm yourself with exact facts, especially when criticizing. Saraki did not have a son in Senate and daughter in House. His daughter is in Senate. She was in House 1999-2003. His only son in elected office is Bukola Governor.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Hisname: 6:11pm On May 27, 2009
ARG flays Sanusi’s consideration for CBN job
By Olayinka Oyebode
Published: Wednesday, 27 May 2009
Afenifere Renewal Group on Tuesday, said it opposed President Umaru Yar‘Adua‘s alleged preference for the Managing Director of the First Bank Plc, Mr. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Government has commenced a search for the successor to the incumbent Governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, whose tenure expires this month.

ARG, in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, in Lagos on Tuesday, said it had followed media reports to the effect that the President may have pencilled down Sanusi as the next Governor of CBN, following the expiration of Soludo‘s tenure.

The group said that the news of the impending appointment of Sanusi was already creating ripples across the country, adding that it was important for the President to reconsider the nomination, if it was true.

The group said it was opposed to Sanusi‘s choice on the ground that it amounted to a violation of the principle of the Federal Character and what it called Sanusi‘s ”political views against the Yoruba and Igbo nationalities.”

Citing Section 14(3) of the 1999 Constitution, which stressed the principle of Federal Character, ARG said that it had observed that this principle had been breached by Yar‘Adua, leading to a situation where the entire economic team were from two northern states of Kano and Kastina.

The group listed Yar‘Adua , who is from Kastina State, as head of the team, adding that other members including the Minister of National Planning, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman (Kano); Minister of Finance, Dr. Mansu Mukhtar, (Kano); Chief Economic Adviser to the President, Prof. Taminu Yakub (Kastina); were all from the North.

It said, ”To pick the CBN Governor from Kano means that the economic team would sit and take decisions for the whole country with perspectives from only two states.

”This is not healthy for the Federal Republic of Nigeria made of different peoples who have different views of how to tackle the economic problems in the country.

”Only last week, the Northern Union came out to say that the cause of poverty in the North was Soludo‘s decision against proliferation of Bureau De Change operators. A narrow team from Kano and Kastina may take it that once Bureau De Change operators are allowed free rein, poverty is resolved all over the country.

”This was what motivated the authors of our constitution to insert the principle of Federal Character to have wider perspectives on national issues before decisions are made.

“To go ahead with Mr. Sanusi‘s nomination would therefore further erode the confidence of other sections of the country in the Federal Government.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200905270374598
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Afaukwu: 6:58pm On May 27, 2009
Hisname=Becomerich
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Hisname: 7:12pm On May 27, 2009
So every yorubaman is becomerich.

Afaukwu , you see, you do use 24 hrs on the internet.

So any person who fight your tribalistic views is becomerich. I see. You should be ashame of yourself. Every igboman should be ashame of you.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Afaukwu: 7:19pm On May 27, 2009
You cannot hide from your ugly self. Becomerich=Hisname.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by AloyEmeka9: 7:24pm On May 27, 2009
I do not know dr sarah alade, we both went to university together.
BecomeRich attended university with the most brilliant people in Nigeria. His own brilliance in the field of "electric" engineering is glaring. grin grin grin
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by MrCrackles(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2009
If she is the most qualified candidate, then let them fucking give her the job!

If she performs woefully, she should be kicked hard to the kerb!
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 27, 2009
Hisname:

So every yorubaman is becomerich.

Afaukwu , you see, you do use 24 hrs on the internet.

So any person who fight your tribalistic views is becomerich. I see. You should be ashame of yourself. Every igboman should be ashame of you.

I'm too sure this was written by Becommrich. This is how he writes.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Alxmyr(m): 8:37am On Dec 27, 2013
Nigerians will always be emotional about cogent national issues.

Before it was Igbo mafia that run the economy.

Then we have the Kano-Kaduna mafia running the economy.

Who would they say run the economy now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERAP Asks EFCC To Probe Missing N500m Chibok Safe School Funds / Saraki Send Powerful Message To Nigerians At Christmas / Let's Hand Nigeria Back To Whites Like Zimbabwe Is Handing Land Back To Whites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.