Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager (34229 Views)

Peace Ibekwe Abdallah Promoted To Assistant IG Of Police. Photos / House Keeper Receives New Car For Returning Lost Items To Owner. Photos / What Should Be The Salay For An Assistant Manager Sales In Electrical Field--in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
OP, You are a fool. I hope that you will be sacked tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by lyricalz: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
Dis dude most be an ibo man, anambra state to be precise. Na dem dey greedy reach bone.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by systemz(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
hamzeiy:
THE op. DUN RUN SEF
If na u nko, u go fit stand this kain bashings

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by aspirebig: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Why is the topic misleading? As in "Official car for assistant manager and nothing for the manager"

Op, I don't have much to say, enough said already. Just be careful, because the manager or other management staff of the farm may be reading this topic too.

That is why I aspirebig, what is an official car? By the grace of God, you have a job, thank God for that. He will bless you beyond your imaginations.

Finally, i leave you with this; read Psalm 75 vs 6 and 7 in the holy Bible.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Kayavail: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
Fool, Managers don't work, they make decisions, surbodinates do the work.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by metorichmond(m): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
It is crystal clear from your post that u not an expert as claimed, an expert won't reason the way u reasoned. Ogbeni walahi u b goat.

3 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Stbottle(m): 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:
So, I sud bone as e dey form manager ova me?

This is pure pride......fresh from the devil.......who are you? Is your father the owner of the farm? If you were so good, ehy didnt you study another course in the university...... imagine the cow....animal science......young man i'll advise that you bury your pride and focus on your job.....and if you are not satisfied, tell your father to open up a farm...then you can become manager

3 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tonychristopher: 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
huangcheng:

Sir, the loyal ones are a fraction of their population, merely significant. When i was younger, i almost got the beating of my life because my Yoruba friend who started a fight ran away from battle and left me there with a group of boys. As a young man, you don't know how demoralized i felt when i saw my friend who i was supposedly fighting for racing to safety leaving me behind to clean his mess.

Surprisingly, i did not see it as a tribal thing then because i was too young to understand. It was when i grew older that i started seeing the truth about Yoruba treachery. The funny thing is, when i asked him why he ran away from his own fight, he said "i go call boys" but i did not see him with any boys when i came back. If i had died there, trust him to be the one to tell stories of how "WE" fought together and how i was his best friend ever.

Now I really understand your plight ....what of d you do afterwards the guys
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tojahh(m): 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
OP, just tell us where the farm is located.... I mean the state, because very soon I suspect we will have a headline that says

"Manager killed over official car"

Just know that for the mods to allow these insults on you means even your own papa and village people dey use your destiny do handfan for village. You were employed recently now you wan dey form boss. My manager always says "Wealth is not for everybody".

Give him that official car and watch him demand for a signatory to the farm account. You're so good yet you no get even one fowl for ya compound.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by donjoesbry(m): 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You just got employed and you are already looking down on your manager and would rather his official car be taken away from him and given to you because you think you are more of an expert and he is just managing.
By the time you attain his position, your subordinate would also think the same of you and would plot your downfall as well.

Arrogant bastard, that's what you really are. angry

d guy z an ingrate...his type wil kil to gain a higher position....by dia fruits u shal know dem.....
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tojahh(m): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
OP, just tell us where the farm is located.... I mean the state, because very soon I suspect we will have a headline that says

"Manager killed over official car"

Just know that for the mods to allow these insults on you means even your own papa and village people dey use your destiny do handfan for village. You were employed recently now you wan dey form boss. My manager always says "Wealth is not for everybody".

Give him that official car and watch him demand for a signatory to the farm account. You're so good yet you no get even one fowl for ya compound..
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by fairygeh(f): 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
@ oP,you seem like a desperate and greedy person, na your type we dey watch for home movies wey dey kill to occupy someone else's position, better don't allow greed( Ojukokoro )and aini itelorun ( lack of contentment to destroy you. Wait for your turn.
A word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by bugativeron: 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
obstead200:
most of u guys getting worked up over my statement, pls remember I only expressed a personal opinion based on my experiences.
I admit that my opinion might be somewhat biased and akin to stereotyping. But it is still my personal experiences. Don't crucify me for it. I am not saying that all Yoruba behave that way. But everyone I ever experienced behaving that way (I even have current experiences) are all Yoruba.

Make Una no vex. I only shared my personal experience

You are damn myopic in your views. You are even sounding like the OP. Even your narration of your experience in the so called multinational you work sounds very arrogant. Why are you so fixated on tribe. If you are not careful colleagues will read through your thoughts and will label you as such. Please grow up.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by manie(m): 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
hardbody:

Sorry i didnt see his. I am too detribalized for that fhuck.
But you were able to see the reply from the lady. The guy started the whole tribal thing.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by bugativeron: 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
tonychristopher:

Now I really understand your plight ....what of d you do afterwards the guys

You are just loading your mind with negative thoughts which will never do you any good. You better leave behind tribal sentiments and focus on making your life better wherever you find yourself. Be it amongst yoruba igbo or hausa

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Raymie(m): 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

When did it become OK to use "yhu" "yhur" instead of "you" and "your" ?.....and please don't say you're abbreviating because they're practically the same number of letters... please stop!
What if I don't?
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by 4lorunsho(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:
I was recently employed in a farm as an assistant manager. I studied animal production and health. The manager studied political science. Since the resumption at the farm, I direct all activities ranging from feed formulation in the feedmill, animal treatments and handling, biosecurity measure, arable farming etc. The management hold meetings with me alone concerning farm reports, feed managements, sales and anything that concerns the farm's progress. They specifically hired me 'cause animal farming is my field. Note that I'm an expert in animal production and health, agronomy, and agricultural economics. So, I see myself as the manager, cause the only thing the manager does is withdrawing money in the banks to procure farm inputs as a result of decisions reached by me and the management. The manager is using official car, but I'm using nothing. I have no problem with him using the car, but I see it as an insult on my person. Should I protest?
my brother just hold on time will speak and don't let that get ito ur head #Godbless
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Raymie:
What if I don't?

If you're a student you might end up failing exams because you unconsciously spelt "you" as "yhu" ...

If you're a business person , you might end up missing out on good contracts cos you spelt "you" as "yhu"

I personally don't take people who type like that seriously.

If you don't want to change... it's your choice.... I've done my part in "educating" you....cheerio!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by bugativeron: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
obstead200:
I am not tribalistic. But I can swear, from my own encounter with them in the work place, that you must be a Yoru.ba man. They are the pple who view issues in the twisted way u do.

So back to the topic. Right thinking pple have said it all. Keep envy, ego and jealousy aside. Just do the job u were hired and being paid to do.
God will surely uplift and reward u in due time.

You are not tribalistic but you concocted this kind of tribalistic statement putting a particular human behaviour to certain set of people. What you have just done is called cognitive dissonance.

3 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
U are taking liberty for license. be warned bro. it will be very easy to find a replacement for U if they need to.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Aude(f): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
@op: remember your job title is assistant manager and not manager. You have a technical background so obviously you would manage a lot of the operational stuff. You cannot in your right mind expect the owners to take an official car ftom your boss and hand it over to you! Also what kind of qualification do you have? I'm assuming that it's a diploma or certificate course. In the corporate world the few times you would see a degree holder being a subordinate to a diploma holder would be if the diploma-holder worked their way up the ladder. My advice to you is to keep on working hard, learn to work in a team, get more qualifications and who knows you may become a manager with all the perks that come with the position.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by darlenese(f): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
See witch OK
Sorry Wizard shocked

Because of this post I have to pray this prayer point:

Any man or woman in our place of work that thinks they ought to be in our position t, whatever evil they plan against us will backfire in Jesus name!

Op don't let the wrath of God fall on u, ur post is disgusting

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by kayceeD2(m): 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
mrking3:
Bro I don't know you! But I smell Arrogance, Envy and Greed!! I'm sure you'll be doing some sort of eye service so the management can notice you! Bro it doesn't work that way! if I were the management, I would have fired you already because someday, you might even plan to overthrow the CE0 of the company!

Lol...... I will surely reduce his salary
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Raymie(m): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

If you're a student you might end up failing exams because you unconsciously spelt "you" as "yhu" ...

If you're a business person , you might end up missing out on good contracts cos you spelt "you" as "yhu"

I personally don't take people who type like that seriously.

If you don't want to change... it's your choice.... I've done my part in "educating" you....cheerio!
Don't take what I type seriously then. Others will. Yhu see my post, kindly "yimmu" and pass.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Raymie:
Don't take what I type seriously then. Others will. Yhu see my post, kindly "yimmu" and pass.

OK....

*yinmu... walks past*

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by kennethchidi(m): 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
@op,av once worked in a company where I made vital decisions regarding d company coz it is my field and I run d place literarily,but den,d managing director knew nothing about d company,but was just employed to oversee d company.
I didn't have to rebel,coz dey had their reason for making it so wch I didn't care coz I just did my work....and we were all in very gud terms.
just do Ur job bro,and dnt allow pride cut Ur dreams short.
today am outta there,and even got recommendation from d company manager for a better job.
we communicate well and dey still consult me for issues when its needed wch I gladly attend to.
DTS life for u bro.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by alausaone(m): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
Many are jobless not because they are not expert or educated......but you are fortunate and lucky to have one and still complain....

why not Look at it in this way, Did you know how that company was formed, did you know may be the manger was the one who give the idea of the farming stuff to the owner , The you know sacrifice this humble manager have done since the creation of the company...

Your case is not different to of that of OLaide when regional Manager of the old Intercontinental Bank wish to make me his Petrol station Manager and head of purchase from depot......Olaide is worried because i was a mere petrol station attendant , but my education background and experience from the Oil business can never be compare to him as a fresh graduate ........I sold the idea to his brother because he his my customer I fixed a meeting with him and advise him if he can rent a petrol station bla bla bla I wasn't a graduate them just a school certificate holder but Talk about Business plan and so on ...walahi mio kin se gbee...so please young man i will advise you to just remain the assistant Manager when the time to promote you to Manager you will not be the one to ask your skill and productivity will speak for you....Have a lovely Sunday and remain humble............ Que le Seigneur te bénisse et te garde.....Amen
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by mikolo80: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:
I was recently employed in a farm as an assistant manager. I studied animal production and health. The manager studied political science. Since the resumption at the farm, I direct all activities ranging from feed formulation in the feedmill, animal treatments and handling, biosecurity measure, arable farming etc. The management hold meetings with me alone concerning farm reports, feed managements, sales and anything that concerns the farm's progress. They specifically hired me 'cause animal farming is my field. Note that I'm an expert in animal production and health, agronomy, and agricultural economics. So, I see myself as the manager, cause the only thing the manager does is withdrawing money in the banks to procure farm inputs as a result of decisions reached by me and the management. The manager is using official car, but I'm using nothing. I have no problem with him using the car, but I see it as an insult on my person. Should I protest?
if e pain you, quit. were you blind when you signed the contract. humans, ingrates the lot of you. e be like say unemployment no tire you. BTW WTF do you think management means. shey because then no call you animal technician na in de make your head swell ba. na today I know the power of job title. used to think it was bullsheet,now I know better
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
salaksmana:
One doesn't have to study what is related to what the company does to be a manager, managing is a profession on its own, in case you don't know, not all bank managers study banking and finance. To you because you do all that you mentioned made you think you're the one managing, no you really don't know what is means to manage, you are not managing, you are only "producing" so you can't be the manager, at least for now. And just to add to what others have said, you are proud bro, you can even kill the manager.
You are right Bro.
I know a Bank manager who has First degree in Hausa language

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by ephi123(f): 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
huangcheng:

It does a lot. It goes to teach other unsuspecting people working with Yorubas that a Yoruba man cannot be trusted at the workplace. Before you know it, this Yoruba man will start visiting all kind of shrines in order to get his boss sacked and him promoted to his boss's office. If you're working with a Yoruba man right now, it will benefit you if you take my warning seriously because i have loads of experience to share with you.

Maybe you should open a separate thread rather than trying to derail this thread with "your experiences"

Every damn thread on Nairaland manages to get "tribalised" these days. Phew, give a break people.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by ephi123(f): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
OP,
I'm sure the blasting you've received today on this thread will hopefully help set you on the right path.
Ingratitude and trying to usurp leadership can never take you far.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus Promoted To The Rank Of Chief Superintendent Of Police (pics) / Which Of This Hand Works Earn The Most Money? / Physically Challenged Man Digs Pit To Feed In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.