Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (386920 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
Datazone:
Abeg masters them make una show us the way o..
Ask your questions..
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Pidggin(f): 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
G12:

Hahaha... I'm laughing at you because, by God's grace I have CONQUERED poverty - The gift of a man makes a way for him, mine is making a way for me. Sorry if you haven't discovered yours.

I'm not good at exchanging words, not to talk of with you. But I just wanna offer a piece of advice. Why don't you just leave instead of fvcking around here. It's obvious this place is not for you.

You have every right to be skeptical and not wanting to make a decision or take action, but never try to ridicule others or pull them down when you have no adequate information about them.

Please, stay in your comfort zone, or better still go booking space at the front page while Seun is smiling to the bank. You know what, info like this will never hit the front page cos, the moment it does and you and others start working, less traffic will be coming to NL (Just hope you understand this part).

Again, if you wanna stay, stay and learn, but if you don't wanna, we don't need you here.

Thanks for taking part of my very important asset (time). If you like, quote me from now till infinity, I'll never reply you again.

Peace.

FYI freelancing is not a male only territory, i also have experience in this field. If you know anything @ all about freelancing you'll also know that there's nothing gender biased about it. Gosh you must have a lot of dull females around you to have the type of silly mindset and mentality that you have just displayed here. People like you tend to limit themselves assuming only a man can offer you any meaningful help, you'll never know if your helper may be a female so fvck off and remain mute. You have no right to tell me where i should post or not, last time i checked this thread was started by Victor101 and we were all humbly following until your master came in to derail it.

8 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
Pidggin:

FYI freelancing is not a male only territory, i also have experience in this field. If you know anything @ all about freelancing you'll also know that there's nothing gender biased about it. Gosh you must have a lot of dull females around you to have the type of silly mindset and mentality that you have just displayed here. People like you tend to limit themselves assuming only a man can offer you any meaningful help, you'll never know if your helper may be a female so fvck off and remain mute. You have no right to tell me where i should post or not, last time i checked this thread was started by Victor101 and we were all humbly following until your master came in to derail it.

@pidggin, lets be FOCUS!! we have so many things to cover.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Pidggin(f): 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
victor101:

@pidggin, lets be FOCUS!! we have so many things to cover.

Ok bros, following

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by godoluwa(m): 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
God bless you Mr Victor
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
godoluwa:
God bless you Mr Victor

Amen, God Bless you too!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
victor101:

Amen, God Bless you too!
You haven't talked about the payment method and how to withdraw it in Naija. This is the most important thing and it is the reason why we opened an account in the first place.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 11:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
CASH WITHDRAWAL FOR YOUR FREELANCE FUNDS

There are different withdrawal methods, but unfortunately and fortunately for us Nigerians Payoneer is our best option for now.

I CAN ONLY SHARE MY EXPERIENCE:

I use PAYONEER MasterCard: and I will emphasis on their hidden charges first so you know. Why other thread/people won't tell you this!

Payoneer Deductions:

$29 for annual fee

$9.67 for activation fee

$3.5 more or less. This depends on your card usage for a particular month which will determine the monthly fee charged next month

$2.5 fast-tracking withdrawal from merchant to your payoneer card

$0.00 Every withdrawal from merchant takes 2 days to hit your payoneer card from merchant.

$0.00 for payoneer to payoneer cash transfer

$1 for every withdrawal

$1 for ATM insufficient fund prompt

$1 for checking account Balance

$12 for card replacement

The deductions figures above might be slightly different please visit www.payoneer.com and do your own findings.

Go to www.payoneer.com and register to get your Payoneer MasterCard, The card looks nice I liked it at first sight (Black colour design)!, Yeah and is free to apply and it will be delivered through NIPOST to your address in Nigeria at no cost. (Payoneer is a financial service firm in New York US),

Please don't wait for NIPOST to come to you. I advice you go to them, guys be proactive here, my experience: I had to visit NIPOST state office here a day after the scheduled date with my ID card, and my letter containing the card was handed to me free of charge. The letter had been there waiting for me, so you can go before the scheduled date sent to your email by payoneer. My Advice: make sure you build or get a contact in your state NIPOST office to track your letter containing the card.

Important Advice: Please MAKE SURE that you use the same name/surname and address as with your upwork.com or other freelance sites account. Why? I have researched that these freelancing sites do verify these cards. For example Elance.com takes 5 days( weekend inclusive) to verify your payoneer card, after you have added it as a means of withdrawal. Note, upwork.com have scheduled dates for withdrawals and their minimum of $100.

You can withdraw cash from any ATM with a the MasterCard logo,( Final Advice: At your point of registering for your card on the payoneer website, please don't forget your 4digit PIN number you used during registration this is the pin you must use to withdraw at the ATM. Just like your normal naija ATM, When you insert your card it tells you welcome, Please check your balance first (I know it will deduct $1 but is wise this way than at the end it tells you insufficient fund) Then continue, click savings, amount to withdrawal, then your naira gets to you.

[size=14pt]If you find this post helpful or informative give it 10,000 likes. Am counting...........still counting......[/size]

Direct your question here
or to my email aprofessor@naij.com if am less busy I will reply.

Shalom!

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pocoapoco88: 12:02am On Sep 17, 2015
fxbot:
just like you were very sceptical at the binary thread. Bro, for you own good, do away with that attitude.

If something is not working, don't say it's fake. It simply means you haven't understood how it works or possibly using the wrong formular.

Most of these things are like mathematics. As long as you don't have or know the formular, you will NEVER get the answer. Would you say the maths question is wrong in that instance?
chill bro,binary.com is rubbish same wit anytin betting.does it occur 2 u dat irrespective of woteva profit u make in betting u'll stil b living in fear of loosing dem 2moro.is dat wot u call business? Bt wit internet market,if u r able 2 make a profit,u can comfortablyfeel glad ,at worst case scenerio u dnt make more bt d ones u made initially stays.like i said am more sceptical dan pidggin bt so far hav nt seen concret reasons 2 b as regards dis tread.dnt hav d energy 4 dis debate pls.bt 4 d record if u r stil doin binary u r wastin ur time,energy,money etc ....u can choose 2 listen 2 me; u can choose 2 do as u wish it's ur call,its ur money ....1 love

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 1:02am On Sep 17, 2015
pocoapoco88:
chill bro,binary.com is rubbish same wit anytin betting.does it occur 2 u dat irrespective of woteva profit u make in betting u'll stil b living in fear of loosing dem 2moro.is dat wot u call business? Bt wit internet market,if u r able 2 make a profit,u can comfortablyfeel glad ,at worst case scenerio u dnt make more bt d ones u made initially stays.like i said am more sceptical dan pidggin bt so far hav nt seen concret reasons 2 b as regards dis tread.dnt hav d energy 4 dis debate pls.bt 4 d record if u r stil doin binary u r wastin ur time,energy,money etc ....u can choose 2 listen 2 me; u can choose 2 do as u wish it's ur call,its ur money ....1 love
lol... okay now I get you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 5:31am On Sep 17, 2015
pocoapoco88:
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/245953
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 5:34am On Sep 17, 2015
victor101:

There are different withdrawal methods, but unfortunately and fortunately for us Nigerians Payoneer is our best option for now.

I use PAYONEER MasterCard: and I will emphasis on their hidden charges first so you know. Why other thread/people won't tell you this!

Payoneer Deductions:

$29 for annual fee

$9.67 for activation fee

$3.5 more or less. This depends on your card usage for a particular month which will determine the monthly fee charged next month

$0.00 Every withdrawal from merchant takes 2 days to hit your payoneer card from merchant.

$1 for every withdrawal

$12 for card replacement

The deductions figures above might be slightly different please visit www.payoneer.com and do your own findings.

Go to www.payoneer.com and register to get your Payoneer MasterCard, The card looks nice I liked it at first sight (Black colour design)!, Yeah and is free to apply and it will be delivered through NIPOST to your address in Nigeria at no cost. (Payoneer is a financial service firm in New York US),

Please don't wait for NIPOST to come to you. I advice you go to them, guys be proactive here, my experience: I had to visit NIPOST state office here a day after the scheduled date with my ID card, and my letter containing the card was handed to me free of charge. The letter had been there waiting for me, so you can go before the scheduled date sent to your email by payoneer. My Advice: make sure you build or get a contact in your state NIPOST office to track your letter containing the card.

Important Advice: Please MAKE SURE that you use the same name/surname and address as with your upwork.com or other freelance sites account. Why? I have researched that these freelancing sites do verify these cards. For example Elance.com takes 5 days( weekend inclusive) to verify your payoneer card, after you have added it as a means of withdrawal. Note, upwork.com have scheduled dates for withdrawals and their minimum of $100.

You can withdraw cash from any ATM with a the MasterCard logo,( Final Advice: At your point of registering for your card on the payoneer website, please don't forget your 4digit PIN number you used during registration this is the pin you must use to withdraw at the ATM. Just like your normal naija ATM, When you insert your card it tells you welcome, Please check your balance first (I know it will deduct $1 but is wise this way than at the end it tells you insufficient fund) Then continue, click savings, amount to withdrawal, then your naira gets to you.

If you find this post helpful or informative give it 10,000 likes. Am counting...........still counting......

Direct your question here
or to my email aprofessor@naij.com if am less busy I will reply.

Shalom!

what if I prefer to be paid via wire transfer, is that possible?

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 5:45am On Sep 17, 2015
For the App Guys
https://livecode.com/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 5:58am On Sep 17, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by G12(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2015
victor101:

Payoneer Deductions:

$29 for annual fee

$9.67 for activation fee

$1 for every withdrawal

$12 for card replacement

For clarity,

1. the activation fee is the same thing as annual fee which is $29.95 (you don't get charged for any amount again till the following year)

2. I don't get charged a monthly fee because I ordered directly from Payoneer, but from the link below if you order through their partners (freelancing websites) you will be charged

www.community.payoneer.com/en/discussion/3835/monthly-card-maintenance-fee

3. Fast track withdrawal is $3 (at least from Fiverr and I receive the cash under an hour). $1 if you want to receive the money on 3days.

4. I get charged $3 per withdrawal. so if withdrawing up to 100k, that is 5 times at 20k per withdrawal based on naija atm limit, $15 is not too much to say thank you to them.

5. Account balance checking, insufficient fund prompt and any transaction that is not successful, $1 charge.

6. Incase you card doesn't arrive through free shipping, just keep working once you have up to $50, you can order through DHL. You will receive within 7days.

Payoneer is the best thing to happen to Nigerians working online.

Just as @FXbot, you guys need to learn the formulae of how these things work. I believe that is why this thread is up, but the truth is some people lack self motivation and are not self-starter and will never take action no matter what they read unless they are being pushed. If you're that type, get a mentor, but that comes with a price. That's the sad truth, very few people will give you the blueprint of their sweat and sleepless night for free. I didn't have a mentor, but I wish I had. But thank God that I have mentored 3 people to succeed for free (please, this is not an advert).

What people don't know is that you can get a clue about what someone is trying to sell to you and go do your research if you don't wanna pay for the info. You will get the same information.

@Stagger, started talking about something not yet popular and probably a goldmine, and he just got attacked. Thank God for @FXbot.

@Pidggin, see me as your brother. Probably, you didn't read where I made reference to "Ladywriter and other hardworking men and women". Besides, I have some amazing female friends who are either self employed, working or studying challenging courses in the University. Some times, they keep me up till late in the night. That's what we need each other for. See me as your brother.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 9:20am On Sep 17, 2015
G12:

For clarity,

1. the activation fee is the same thing as annual fee which is $29.95 (you don't get charged for any amount again till the following year)

2. I don't get charged a monthly fee because I ordered directly from Payoneer, but from the link below if you order through their partners (freelancing websites) you will be charged

www.community.payoneer.com/en/discussion/3835/monthly-card-maintenance-fee

3. Fast track withdrawal is $3 (at least from Fiverr and I receive the cash under an hour). $1 if you want to receive the money on 3days.

4. I get charged $3 per withdrawal. so if withdrawing up to 100k, that is 5 times at 20k per withdrawal based on naija atm limit, $15 is not too much to say thank you to them.

5. Account balance checking, insufficient fund prompt and any transaction that is not successful, $1 charge.

6. Incase you card doesn't arrive through free shipping, just keep working once you have up to $50, you can order through DHL. You will receive within 7days.

Payoneer is the best thing to happen to Nigerians working online.

Just as @FXbot, you guys need to learn the formulae of how these things work. I believe that is why this thread is up, but the truth is some people lack self motivation and are not self-starter and will never take action no matter what they read unless they are being pushed. If you're that type, get a mentor, but that comes with a price. That's the sad truth, very few people will give you the blueprint of their sweat and sleepless night for free. I didn't have a mentor, but I wish I had. But thank God that I have mentored 3 people to succeed for free (please, this is not an advert).

What people don't know is that you can get a clue about what someone is trying to sell to you and go do your research if you don't wanna pay for the info. You will get the same information.

@Stagger, started talking about something not yet popular and probably a goldmine, and he just got attacked. Thank God for @FXbot.

@Pidginpikin, see me as your brother. Probably, you didn't read where I made reference to "Ladywriter and other hardworking men and women". Besides, I have some amazing female friends who are either self employed, working or studying challenging courses in the University. Some times, they keep me up till late in the night. That's what we need each other for. See me as your brother.
are you a writer?

I am starting writing next week God willing.

Which platform do you use for your freelancing?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2015
G12, drop your email make we yarn.

poco, feel free to keep asking questions either here or via email. I will my best to answer.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by G12(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2015
fxbot:
are you a writer?

I am starting writing next week God willing.

Which platform do you use for your freelancing?

Yes boss. Fiverr is doing it for me (where buyers meet sellers). Have an account at Freelancer, I hardly have the time to bid and have never made a sale there, but I learned some other smart fellows are killing it there. Also experimenting in the graphics niche at Upwork.

Bros, freelancing is the best. I think binary and forex is for those who are "alreadymade'. People who can just trade $1000 and expect to make $300 - $500 profit. They can trade 5 times, win 3 times and lose 2times and be satisfied.

That stuff can be demoralising even the so-called gurus still lose. When I finally quit was when I wanted to opt for a paid monthly strategy, the so called Guru offered one month free service to test his strategy. It was just like taking a step forward and 2 backward.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Afolabi78: 10:09am On Sep 17, 2015
Let Me Drop This Hint For Those That Need Skill For Them To Become Freelancer And Get More Money To There Bank. You Can Go To www.lynda.com and acquire any skill you want.

11 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2015
G12:

Yes boss. Fiverr is doing it for me (where buyers meet sellers). Have an account at Freelancer, I hardly have the time to bid and have never made a sale there, but I learned some other smart fellows are killing it there. Also experimenting in the graphics niche at Upwork.

Bros, freelancing is the best. I think binary and forex is for those who are "alreadymade'. People who can just trade $1000 and expect to make $300 - $500 profit. They can trade 5 times, win 3 times and lose 2times and be satisfied.

That stuff can be demoralising even the so-called gurus still lose. When I finally quit was when I wanted to opt for a paid monthly strategy, the so called Guru offered one month free service to test his strategy. It was just like taking a step forward and 2 backward.
you have a point. Man I can't write articles for $5 abeg.

I would prefer to go the animation/graphic route in that case...

I have written down your email. I will contact you soon. Please remove it to avoid spamming.

Freelancer bidding is sickening. Upwork looks appealing.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2015
Afolabi78:
Let Me Drop This Hint For Those That Need Skill For Them To Become Freelancer And Get More Money To There Bank. You Can Go To www.lydan.com and acquire any skill you want.
lydan no more free. It used to be before but not anymore. You pay for the courses.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by talktohaywhy(m): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2015
That's good. Opportunities like this keeps coming but unfortunately some people will be a doubting thomas and yet they still live in poverty.
Nice thread.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by godoluwa(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2015
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Afolabi78: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2015
fxbot:
lydan no more free. It used to be before but not anymore. You pay for the courses.
they Have Free Course But Not All Course That Is Free. You Can Pay $15 To Have Access To All There Course Just For A Month
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Afolabi78: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
One Of Highest Paying Job On Freelancer Is Graphic Design And It Pay More Than Article Writting, You Can Acquire The Skill On www.tutsplus.com, www.udemy.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by holyemmyjoe(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hello, for those of us who wish to become a freelancer on freelancer.com, fiverr.com, upwork.com etc should apply for Payoneer now so that before they started getting orders, then they must have received their cards for withdrawal. With link below, you will receive $25 for signing up with them. So this is the link to $25 http:///WDCkpR Best of Luck! Link to my gigs on Fiverr https://www.fiverr.com/ladyblaze1
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by G12(m): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
fxbot:
you have a point. Man I can't write articles for $5 abeg.

I would prefer to go the animation/graphic route in that case...

I have written down your email. I will contact you soon. Please remove it to avoid spamming.

Freelancer bidding is sickening. Upwork looks appealing.

I actually started out writing for $5/500 words, now I charge $10/500 words and I still get orders without promoting. Last month, I created a custom order of $500 for a client and before I completed the last batch of the order, the same client ordered another $90. He's a constant client. I have another constant client I write 10 articles for $80 for. This is just to motivate others.

Fiverr is more than just the $5 people know it for. What determines your success is your hardwork and quality service. A single client can turn your life around.

There is money is the graphics niche from what I've been seeing. So if you're good at it, you should get started immediately. I'm not too good at graphics, so I'm trying to see if I can get clients at Upwork and outsource the job at Fiverr.

For those looking for where to take free courses, try www.coursera.org

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pocoapoco88: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
fxbot:
G12, drop your email make we yarn.

poco, feel free to keep asking questions either here or via email. I will do my best to answer.
trust me on dat bro,me ask alot of questions jst 2 b completely put on d rite track.somtimes i even ask patterning stuffs i already know jst 2 b clearer and more convinced ....d sky is our starting point

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.