Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (386509 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Gloriouspa(m): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
victor101:

Having an employer to sign your contract as an employee(freelancer). How does it work? I need to learn the legal technicalities, and what law covers me to do that.

Mr. Victor,
I got a message from one of my bids on Guru platform. I agree to chat with him on skype. He asked how soon I can deliver 500, 400 & 300 words articles. I told him 2 hours.

He went further to offer 15USD for 500 words and said payment will be weekly through Western union, skrill, payoneer, moneygram and direct bank deposit. I told him it is more secure for both of us to use GURU platform for payment. He has refuse to reply since 45 minutes ago. I guess most of these people are Indians. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong please.

Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by delishpot: 10:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
Gloriouspa:

Mr. Victor,
I got a message from one of my bids on Guru platform. I agree to chat with him on skype. He asked how soon I can deliver 500, 400 & 300 words articles. I told him 2 hours.

He went further to offer 15USD for 500 words and said payment will be weekly through Western union, skrill, payoneer, moneygram and direct bank deposit. I told him it is more secure for both of us to use GURU platform for payment. He has refuse to reply since 45 minutes ago. I guess most of these people are Indians. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong please.

Thanks.

Stick to your gun. Better to let him go than have him cheat you. Just give him time to reply. If he doesn't, then he may have gone in search of some easy by prey.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 12:05am On Nov 22, 2016
delishpot:

Stick to your gun. Better to let him go than have him cheat you. Just give him time to reply. If he doesn't, then he may have gone in search of some easy by prey.

Well said.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 5:00am On Nov 22, 2016
Gloriouspa:

Mr. Victor,

Thanks.

Scam.

You should be the one complaining about the internal payment not the other way around cheesy
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 5:02am On Nov 22, 2016
Exoticstan:
Congratulations for consistently delivering quality Tony!Hopefully, it cam with some extra connects. Like someone would say, "more dollars to your pocket". I am expecting mine by middle of next month. See you there!

Thanks bro!

We dey wait for you wink
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dotmans(m): 8:37am On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=dotmans post=51199965][/quote]
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dotmans(m): 8:38am On Nov 22, 2016
i need $2000 Neteller funds

I will buy all your itunes gift card at the best rates.

Instant payment!. Call, text or Whatsapp

Contact in my signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by LOVEGINO(m): 10:29am On Nov 22, 2016
Do you Know that you can invest and receive 3.60% of your investment daily forever. click on my signature to register.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Gloriouspa(m): 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
delishpot:

Thanks bros.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Gloriouspa(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
tonyx4x44:

Scam.

You should be the one complaining about the internal payment not the other way around cheesy

Thanks my brother.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dotmans(m): 10:32am On Nov 23, 2016
i need $4000 Neteller funds

Contact in my signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
I need someone grounded in Finance / Account writing to research blogs and come up with a 2 and half page blog post that is 100%unique. I already developed very clear guidelines on what should be researched as well as provided sample blogs and source materials. Work MUST PASS Copyscape. I'm offering $20. Please send a mail to jwesley83@gmail.com ASAP. Need the task completed within 48hrs.
Task borders around transfer pricing.
Cc: curatorX

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
After all hard work UPWORK finally shutdown my 2year profile with so much positive review... So sad sad
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by curatorX: 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
keishik:
I need someone grounded in Finance / Account writing to research blogs and come up with a 2 and half page blog post that is 100%unique. I already developed very clear guidelines on what should be researched as well as provided sample blogs and source materials. Work MUST PASS Copyscape. I'm offering $20. Please send a mail to jwesley83@gmail.com ASAP. Need the task completed within 48hrs.

Wait a minute, how did you got to know that I write on finance? Sharp mind!

I will send you a mail right away.

Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by curatorX: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
3RNEST:
After all hard work UPWORK finally shutdown my 2year profile with so much positive review... So sad sad

Seriously?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
3RNEST:

Eeyaa sorry to hear that! Please for knowledge kindly share from your experience. Why was it shut down? Is there lesson(s) you'd learn and would like to share with us concerning it?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
victor101:

Eeyaa sorry to hear that! Please for knowledge kindly share from your experience. Why was it shut down? Is there lesson(s) you'd learn and would like to share with us concerning it?
Lolz Okay listen up people.. UPWORK is banning those who are suggesting job to be done off UPWORK.. The site is UPWORK not offwork Lolz.. Like seriously grin

Some months back one yeye client suggested that we go offwork immediately they notice it I got block I quicky write them pleaded to them omo they accept my apologise and mark it down like writing list of noise marker in school back then Lolz. grin

Recently my Favourable client.. God sent to lift me up.. Base on the commission on UPWORK hes ask for my email for us to go offwork.. Omo Skrill sight us block both me and the client account... So they refer me to my past error and say Bros this is the final bus stop saying guy your cup don full we will block ur account for life and the decision can not be reserve fear catch me.. I think say na play they said I should not dream of registering another account with them that they will still block it again and again.. Chai I shout in front of my lappy... grin

As a warriboy... I sharpy control my client to my gmail account.. So they give me job via email and pay me via Skrill account.... Beside I dont have much client expect them... UPWORK security is tight dont joke with them..... sad

Chai is notebook... Lolz brb for more story UPWORK movie season 16 wait for 17....smiley
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
keishik:

Task successfully outsourced. Thanks for your interests.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 2:04am On Nov 24, 2016
3RNEST:

Lolz Okay listen up people.. UPWORK is banning those who are suggesting job to be done off UPWORK.. The site is UPWORK not offwork Lolz.. Like seriously grin

Some months back one yeye client suggested that we go offwork immediately they notice it I got block I quicky write them pleaded to them omo they accept my apologise and mark it down like writing list of noise marker in school back then Lolz. grin

Recently my Favourable client.. God sent to lift me up.. Base on the commission on UPWORK hes ask for my email for us to go offwork.. Omo Skrill sight us block both me and the client account... So they refer me to my past error and say Bros this is the final bus stop saying guy your cup don full we will block ur account for life and the decision can not be reserve fear catch me.. I think say na play they said I should not dream of registering another account with them that they will still block it again and again.. Chai I shout in front of my lappy... grin

As a warriboy... I sharpy control my client to my gmail account.. So they give me job via email and pay me via Skrill account.... Beside I dont have much client expect them... UPWORK security is tight dont joke with them..... sad

Chai is notebook... Lolz brb for more story UPWORK movie season 16 wait for 17....smiley

Huge lesson for everyone. A client tried that nonsense with me and I replied him that it was against the rules. I ended the matter there. Only for me to come back to that thread two months later and see that someone from Upwork had logged into that chatroom to monitor the conversation.

No try those guys. They are not jokers.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 5:09am On Nov 24, 2016
stagger:

Huge lesson for everyone. A client tried that nonsense with me and I replied him that it was against the rules. I ended the matter there. Only for me to come back to that thread two months later and see that someone from Upwork had logged into that chatroom to monitor the conversation.

grin
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 6:42am On Nov 24, 2016
stagger:

How can you tell if your chat thread was monitored or logged into? I agreed to accept work outside Upwork once after turning down an initial offer. Thankfully, the deal never materialised but I still have our chat staring me in the face anytime I enter my chat room. I've since withdrawn my application to the client but there doesn't seem to be much I can do about the chat.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kaycodes: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2016
keishik:

How can you tell if your chat thread was monitored or logged into? I agreed to accept work outside Upwork once after turning down an initial offer. Thankfully, the deal never materialised but I still have our chat staring me in the face anytime I enter my chat room. I've since withdrawn my application to the client but there doesn't seem to be much I can do about the chat.

If you want to accept future work outside upwork I don't think there is a problem, just discuss the future job outside upwork messaging platform.

However if you have a contract that is running and you're discussing taking it outside upwork, you will certainly have issues. I use Skype for another conversation apart from interview and hire process
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
kaycodes:

If you want to accept future work outside upwork I don't think there is a problem, just discuss the future job outside upwork messaging platform.

However if you have a contract that is running and you're discussing taking it outside upwork, you will certainly have issues. I use Skype for another conversation apart from interview and hire process

Yes thanks, I know that now. I had the discussion back when I was eager to land my first job, was oblivious of the rules then.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by cistron: 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
Kudos to the originator, veterans and other freelancers on this thread. Your contributions and debates have made for quite an interesting read. Seems my foray into upwork has hit a bit of a snag as my skill set already has a saturated market. Any suggestions? My niche is Writing, editing, proofreading etc
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
cistron:
Kudos to the originator, veterans and other freelancers on this thread. Your contributions and debates have made for quite an interesting read. Seems my foray into upwork has hit a bit of a snag as my skill set already has a saturated market. Any suggestions? My niche is Writing, editing, proofreading etc
Fiver, Freelancer, guru.com?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dotmans(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
dotmans:
i need $4000 Neteller funds

Contact in my signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 5:17pm On Nov 24, 2016
keishik:

Yes thanks, I know that now. I had the discussion back when I was eager to land my first job, was oblivious of the rules then.

Lol, see the type of people whe no dey ever read instructions for exams cheesy
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by cistron: 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
keishik:

Fiver, Freelancer, guru.com?
The setback is in getting my upwork profile approved.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ogalawyer(m): 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
3RNEST:
Sorry bro. I can relate. Had my account blocked recently too.. With close to $600 already pending in it. I was frustrated like mad. But I picked myself up, opened a new account and I'm doing even better now. You can do same bro. Best of luck to you and all freelancers on here!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ogalawyer(m): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
cistron:
I suggest you try adding skills that are a bit more technical, like business writing, transcription, resumes, market research and the like. They're easy to learn, and you can always send proposals to jobs you know you're capable of handling. What's more, you're free to add skills later on, after you've gotten your account approved. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.