Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (386914 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by delishpot: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
Adek15:
hmm... thank you very much

Please report that client to upwork if with a link to his message if possible. Na 419
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
Not to lie am beginning to get tired of Upworks, i mean it's good but the thought of working 24-7 i have a 9-5 job which is Software Dev and also Upwork takes it's own time, recently i came across Envato Codecanyon where you can sell scripts the beautiful part is that once the product is done and it's unique the earnings are insane compared to upwork, I have a drag and drop builder thing in mind tired of bidding for jobs just for few dollars however for now it's still a sustainable way though just slow.

7 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by delishpot: 7:39am On Apr 17, 2017
There is another website I saw that maybe some of you may check it out esp those in Information technology

https://weworkremotely.com/#intro And www.remoteok.io

Check it out and i wish you guys the best.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by lexykeyz(m): 4:44am On Apr 19, 2017
victor101:
Hello Guys!

Call me Victor.

Yes, am a freelancer with Elance.com and Upwork.com willing to help the best I can.

Why I Open this thread: The opportunities here are endless, just Working from home. I decided to open this thread; carved out from Lady writer's thread "How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online" which discuss more about freelancer.com. Here, new starters and old freelancers will gain ample knowledge to building a strong freelancing career. Here, our Mantra for success is "Love, Sharing and Hard-work" so if this sounds like what you are about, you are welcome.

My "AIM": It is expedient that I create this thread for freelancers who have questions or challenges in the aforementioned sites or other freelancing sites. The main purpose is to help people make good money using their skills, I have observed that guidance is necessary for an effective freelancing career.

SO, keep your questions and challenges rolling here, my aim is to solve those challenges for you. Shalom!

Kind Regards!

Good day bro. I have an account with upwork but i have never received any job offer. I am currently on fiverr and on level 1. I build websites. Please do you have any tip required to succeed at upwork and elance?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bemagnify: 6:11am On Apr 19, 2017
Fiverr withdrawal now available with the sweetest rate ever.
You work hard to earn your money so you deserve a better rate
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 19, 2017
delishpot:
There is another website I saw that maybe some of you may check it out esp those in Information technology

https://weworkremotely.com/#intro And www.remoteok.io

Check it out and i wish you guys the best.

Yeah my mind is on this

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tirigbosa: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
thanks so much on the quality contents here. i read from page 1 - 92. please, i'm stuck. i could get my profile to 90%. but they want me to add certifications and portfolio which i dont have before i can get to 100%. please, how do i go about this? thanks

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ayo527(m): 9:58am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello, is any digital artist in here? I have a hand drawn comic of 17 pages I need coloured. kindly contact my signature if you're available.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Temmydeco: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
Please, how do I withdraw from my US account?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bemagnify: 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
Temmydeco:
Please, how do I withdraw from my US account?
on which freelancing site
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 12:57am On Apr 22, 2017
tirigbosa:
thanks so much on the quality contents here. i read from page 1 - 92. please, i'm stuck. i could get my profile to 90%. but they want me to add certifications and portfolio which i dont have before i can get to 100%. please, how do i go about this? thanks

Hello,

To boost your profile to 100% try taking a test or add as many portfolio as possible. with respect to portfolio you don't necessarily need to have a job done on Upwork. It could be project from your offline clients. If you don't have this try and do something ( eg if you are a designer try and design something attractive) then upload it. In this case you are the client and freelancer - there is nothing bad in it .

If you are taking a test, let it be those related to your area of specialization.

As for certication you can upload it later when you have one. I don't have a certication on my upwork but I have complete 100% profile.

I hope I have been able to help ... good luck.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dan56: 2:10am On Apr 22, 2017
Buy 4rm Trusted seller

Buy a USD visa card Today and shop on foreign site

I sell the visa card for just N2000
with $10 inside it's cost N6,000
contact me now for more info.

BUY YOU REVIEWS TODAY YOURSELF.

FIVERR FREELANCER UPWORKS FACEBOOK ETC
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by demanuel(m): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
emmaversity:

Hello,

To boost your profile to 100% try taking a test or add as many portfolio as possible. with respect to portfolio you don't necessarily need to have a job done on Upwork. It could be project from your offline clients. If you don't have this try and do something ( eg if you are a designer try and design something attractive) then upload it. In this case you are the client and freelancer - there is nothing bad in it .

If you are taking a test, let it be those related to your area of specialization.

As for certication you can upload it later when you have one. I don't have a certication on my upwork but I have complete 100% profile.

I hope I have been able to help ... good luck.
I got my profile to 100% by taking tests on US /UK English test, which is different from my niche(Business /virtual assistant). Could that be the reason why my profile was denied approval, even when my profile is 100%?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
demanuel:
I got my profile to 100% by taking tests on US /UK English test, which is different from my niche(Business /virtual assistant). Could that be the reason why my profile was denied approval, even when my profile is 100%?

No I don't think so. You are in order to have taken US/UK English test. Most client would like to know your level of English, it is quite different from what I mean by saying you should take test that are related to your area of specialization. Although, I think it is important for writers, editors, proofreader... as you would expect.

On the issue of approval of profile there are alot of reasons. Upwork is just taking measures to secure the marketplace. If you are affected be patience and play along with them. Make sure you do not go against their rules. For more info on this watch the video on avoiding upwork suspension on you tube (just copy and paste "avoiding upwork suspension" on the youtube searchbar you will get the video) .You can also google to find out more

Goodluck...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by demanuel(m): 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
emmaversity:

No I don't think so. You are in order to have taken US/UK English test. Most client would like to know your level of English, it is quite different from what I mean by saying you should take test that are related to your area of specialization. Although, I think it is important for writers, editors, proofreader... as you would expect.

On the issue of approval of profile there are alot of reasons. Upwork is just taking measures to secure the marketplace. If you are affected be patience and play along with them. Make sure you do not go against their rules. For more info on this watch the video on avoiding upwork suspension on you tube (just copy and paste "avoiding upwork suspension" on the youtube searchbar you will get the video) .You can also google to find out more

Goodluck...
OK, thank you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by promo4(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hello bosses in the house. I registered on fiverr last week on transcription niche. I've one order of about 120 mins audio and video to transcribe but I'm really finding some parts difficult. Please does anybody here have a transcription software to make my job easier. I would really appreciate it. Please please help me guys. Thank you
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Xzbit91: 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
promo4:
Hello bosses in the house. I registered on fiverr last week on transcription niche. I've one order of about 120 mins audio and video to transcribe but I'm really finding some parts difficult. Please does anybody here have a transcription software to make my job easier. I would really appreciate it. Please please help me guys. Thank you
Goto getintopc dot com and search, or 4shared dot com. You might find what you're looking for!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by promo4(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
Xzbit91:

Goto getintopc dot com and search, or 4shared dot com. You might find what you're looking for!

Alright thanks a lot
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Good day kindly help me fill this survey for a study.

https://1drv.ms/xs/s!Aod-I3gs_WsNa0eMebDKo5E8QRo
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Xzbit91: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
promo4:

Alright thanks a lot
You're welcome
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ask1509(m): 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
Finally, after 8 months, my profile gets slammed with the much coveted top rated status. Thanks to God and to Victor the creator of this thread for opening my eyes to the wonderful opportunities that abound in Upwork. To the newbies, success is yours if you don't give up.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dan56: 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Buy 4rm Trusted seller

Buy a USD visa card Today and shop on foreign site

I sell the visa card for just N2000
with $10 inside it's cost N6,000
contact me now for more info.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
Congrats! What's your niche?

ask1509:
Finally, after 8 months, my profile gets slammed with the much coveted top rated status. Thanks to God and to Victor the creator of this thread for opening my eyes to the wonderful opportunities that abound in Upwork. To the newbies, success is yours if you don't give up.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ask1509(m): 5:11am On Apr 23, 2017
tolajay:
Congrats! What's your niche?
Data analytics. Yours?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by helpfulposts(m): 6:28am On Apr 23, 2017
ask1509:
Congrats bro
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 7:07am On Apr 23, 2017
Writing.
ask1509:

Data analytics. Yours?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 11:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
Good day kindly help in filling this 1minute questionnaire.
https://1drv.ms/xs/s!Aod-I3gs_WsNa0eMebDKo5E8QRo
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Afolabi78: 4:03am On Apr 24, 2017
promo4:
You Can Use Dragon Naturally Speaking Voice. Google To Download For Free.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 6:15am On Apr 24, 2017
justi4jesu:
Fiverr withdrawal Available...Minimum $100 and above

Contact on my Signature

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.