Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:06 PM

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (63044 Views)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / Newly-Wedded Lady Dies Hours After Giving Birth To A Bouncing Baby. Photos / Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by martyns303(m): 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
One of my friend just got married four months ago and already there is fuss in his marriage. I have known both of the couple right from when their relationship was a hide and seek thing to when both families became involved, needless to say I know them very well and they are a perfect match. Let me start by introducing the guy, he used to be my roommate back in school, friends usually tease him calling him "100 yards husband material" for his attributes, this guy can keep the room sparkling clean all day and cooks better than some of our moms, not exaggerating.

He wedded his girlfriend just a month after her final exams, she is 24 (my friend is 27). 2 days ago he came to my place complaining that his wife seldom cooks and that he can count the number of times she had cooked. I told him maybe she is intimidated by his cooking, but he says he doesn't mind and just want her to do her wifey duties. I called his wife and asked her what's going on, and she said he had always cooked while they were dating and don't know why he his fussing now.

From what I can deduce, my guy is trying to be authoritative, he kept using the phrase "I am the man", he have the time as his job is flexible, so cooking shouldn't be a problem, at the same time the wife is failing to do her duties. I don't know how to advice them without taking sides. 

The wife is a registered NLer, so am sure she will see this and get the necessary advice.

Lalasticlala please help this young couple.

Ishilove do your thing.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by slimthugchimee(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
Lie lie

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Omotayor123(f): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
The woman needs an helping hand wink

11 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by agarawu23(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
I called his wife and asked her what's going on, and she said he had always cooked while they were dating and don't know why he his fussing now

Bullshiit statement.
I don't know why some guys are just too dumb undecided only to fvck dem sabi.

I should be doing the cooking? The girl wey go follow me talk that nonsense go Know say 'kakki know be leather' undecided undecided undecided

139 Likes 14 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Jetjacky(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
lol na boss lady you marry grin freemanan

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by adedayourt(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
Omotayor123:

u can go render it

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by jamex93(m): 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
wife wey him go don too go flog like small pikin

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by IamforGod: 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Jetjacky(m): 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
Omotayor123:
agarawu23:
Hmmm
come oh... una two marry?? :-/

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by gabazin080(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
martyns303:
and she said he had always cooked while they were dating and don't know why he his fussing now.

with this it means the b*tch is hiding her true self until she has trapped u with marriage.

To me, marriage is overrated and needless.
Just my opinion, no bashing please

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by ArchEnemy(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
Jetjacky:
lol na boss lady you marry grin freemanan
smiley

@Op: didn't he see no signs during courtship?. I don't like the lady's mindset though

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by misspicy(f): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
martyns303:
I called his wife and asked her what's going on, and she said he had always cooked while they were dating and don't know why he his fussing now.
Imagine the trash an african woman is spewing...later they will be the first to cry foul when the man starts acting up...

Op ur friend is totally right,he is the man of the house,cooking is not a major duty of a married man,he should better curtail this arrogant habit of his so called wife/burden before she switch their roles.

Cc cutehectorsmiley

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by ammyluv2002(f): 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
They should both grow up.

11 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Jetjacky(m): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
ArchEnemy:
smiley

@Op: didn't he see no signs during courtship?. I don't like the lady's mindset though
lol e b like.... ma nigga am faded

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Jetjacky(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
ammyluv2002:
They should both grow up.
but deary they're both grown... abi e get another thing you wan join for their body? tongue

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Harmonyemerald(f): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
They are both stubborn and trying to find their feet in the marriage. The man should get rid of the "am the man thoughts" and the woman should learn to be submissive. This is a simple thing, cook for ur hubby, if u need help, ask for help. Husband, complain less. People in marriage should be able to close their eyes and mouth and open their ear to hear the words of their spouse and the words of elders like me

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by GboyegaD(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
There's nothing wrong with him cooking and all I will tell him is that a woman is handled with wisdom and not force. He should start involving her and stop nagging her into cooking. I am sure she will adjust.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by ebubey(f): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
martins y did u bring my family issue to d public? u shuld learn how to mind ur biz...n 4 those of u insulting me OYO btw my husband loves to cook n his meals re far better... wat do you expect me to do? intimidate myself

m not the wife ooo...

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by ammyluv2002(f): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
Jetjacky:
but deary they're both grown... abi e get another thing you wan join for their body? tongue
Nope! They are grown physically but need to grow more mentally.

This is a prove "I am the man" and as for the lady, here's also a prove "She said he had always cooked while they were dating and don't know why he his fussing now"

It's not okay for him to use that phase. It shows a little bit of pride. Somehow, the guy gave her the guts. He should have controlled it from the on set but he swallowed it so she felt he's okay with it.

The wifey on the other needs flogging. They just got married so why won't she cook for her hubby . There's no excuse except maybe she's pregnant . I mean, she should know her hubby isn't finding the whole thing funny cause he reported her to you. Abeg, small pinkin dey worry two of them.

16 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by happyjuliet(f): 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2015
Na wa 4 some women oooo, Y won't she cook for her husband didn't she learn d rules and regulations in marriage b4 jumping into it.....but d man would have seen dis signs wen dey where courting jare just dat he was blinded by love.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Tallesty1(m): 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:
There's nothing wrong with him cooking and all I will tell him is that a woman is handled with wisdom and not force. He should start involving her and stop nagging her into cooking. I am sure she will adjust.
Listen bro, for a man to complain to his friends about his newly married wife, it means he's tired of trying to talk sense into her head.

The lady's response will help you understand what I am saying.

'He's been doing it so why is he fussing now'

You got it right

35 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by honeygirl17: 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tell your friend to continue cooking for his love. If a nice humble girl dates and cook for him, he won't appreciate her.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by honeygirl17: 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Fernandowski(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hey nigga,why did you marry her again?

Mhen,send her packing!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by RedCard1(m): 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
Only those Stingy Igbo men does the cooking in their marriages.
They do it for silly reasons of economising things unnecessarily.
I pity women that are married to typical Igbo men.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by refreshrate: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:

The most basic of expectations he should handle with wisdom or what are you advising?

OP tell your guy that since she doesnt cook theres really no point leaving chop money in the house again, simple.
Buka yapa for town na. The way it is sef she no go sabi cook.

Then advice a caveat to her mother so shes aware so that when it gets to that point he wont be held liable. What nonsense its people like this that allow women misbehave. In fact the guy should tell her they are going to visit her mum, when they get there leave her and go tell her youll send her stuff over later.

Youre not divorcing her...yet, just dropping her off.
Tomorrow have her stuff sent over.

Then from there renegotiation can begin on her coming back.

Since he cant talk to her and she'll listen over such a basic thing as this, how do you now get her to do even the more difficult stuff?

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
honeygirl17:
Tell your friend to continue cooking for his love.
If a nice humble girl dates and cook for him, he won't appreciate her.

Huh what logic is that

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by honeygirl17: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
pcguru1:

Huh what logic is that
let him cook for her, he started during courtship, why is he complaining now?

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Omotayor123(f): 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
Jetjacky:
come oh... una two marry?? :-/
About to..
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
honeygirl17:

let him cook for her, he started during courtship, why is he complaining now?

Or they can get an house help. Whatever works for them.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Olalan(m): 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
Cooking is one of the core duty of a wife in marriages in all cultures and religion all over the world, so whatever the hubby does is just an assistance to his wife. The earlier the wife realises this the better for her.

29 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / Amazing Photos Of Grown Nigerian Quintuplets & Quadruplets / My Wife Slept With Another Man, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.