Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,989 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:59 AM

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It (57026 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / This Lady Left Mountain Of Fire Church Because Of This... (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Hemah(f): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Sunny4God:
..at Hemah Read ur Bible very well and see that the word of God is ever pure and undiluted. Deut.22vs 5 says it all. Thank you Hemah

Deuteronomy 22:5New International Version (NIV)

5 A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.

Where is trousers here?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by allanphash7(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
So the apostles are church?

Bro please go back to bible class
kelvyn7:

Jesus never set up a church?
then who are the 12 apostles?
You think Jesus called them to fry akara and bons? grin
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
linusbnn:

Try to work based on the topic here and stop being FOOLISH

The statement is a testament to the fact that I probably touched a raw nerve. My brother face your life and leave matter for Matthias.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kelvyn7: 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
allanphash7:

plss tell me what they are called for . I want to learn bro
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kelvyn7: 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
allanphash7:

plss tell me what they are called for . I want to learn bro
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by chibyke959: 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Read Deuteronomy 22:5 carefully.The word there is "Pertains" not "Belongs".
That rendering is talking about putting on what a woman already wore on her body or what a man already wore.
It is because of the discharge that comes from the body. It will make a man or woman unclean and vice versa.
It was a law of Cleanliness.
If a woman wore a trouser or skirt or gown or anything,,a man shouldn't wear that particular cloth she has worn & vice versa.
It's not in style of the cloth.Then, there wasn't even an issue with style because there was no style.AARON wore skirts & Gowns.

So we are wrong from the main issue here.
The interesting thing now is that the laws don't guide us anymore.
But even if we are to apply that law,it's still not about trousers or skirts.
So don't waste time in that topic anymore.It makes no difference.
Now for the new creation,the Bible talked of Righteousness by FAITH.

Study the Bible & you'll be surprised at what things you'll discover.
But first you have to give your Life to Christ by Faith by Confessing that Jesus is Lord over your life and believing that God raised Him from the dead.You are the only one with God who knows if you mean it.
Secondly receive the Holy Spirit who will now reveal things to you.You'll find life in those verses you've been reading all your life as Religion thought you.Because Christianity is the life of God in us,not religion as we call it.It is Eternal life at work in a man.
The Bible said "The things of God are foolishness to the ordinary man"
The ordinary man is that man without the Holy Spirit.The ordinary man operates with his sense organs only.
It is well with us,Amen.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by charlsecy(m): 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
ehisdan:
If I may asked will u hearken to a lady evangelising wearing trouser?
Perhaps, a "wrong" notion you have about ladies wearing trousers may interfere with your absorption of the Message?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by saintkel(m): 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
peedeeasobie:

Your ignorance is shocking!
Ur mumulity is noticed
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
misreal:
a WOman shouldn't put on trousers or anything masculine
then who will put d female trousers? maybe you as a man
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by fisayoolowo: 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
Really I don't know why people focus on what should and should not be worn, we all know what's decent, regardless of what is;skirts /trousers/gowns. really doesn't matter, if it's not decent don't wear it finish. Plus what happened to preaching about love and self lessness, how many people help that old woman at the busstop cross the road, how many people remind the conductor to collect his money when he forgets. Nigerians can like to focus on the physical things eh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by AzontoGhost(m): 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
ihatesycophant:

The first question we need to ask ourselves is who made trousers to be wholly for men and skirt for women. There's no portion of the Bible that describe or differentiate that. What that Bible said, is if a man use anything, it's not expected of a woman to use it and vice visa.
Take an example, a tribe in Nigeria that their men uses wrapper as their daily wear. Also, the white ladies that uses trousers as their official dresses. These are what the grew up to meet as norms in their environment. If we're also in a given environment and meet wearing of skirt by men as norm, are we going to say it's a sin. Look at this, in Biblical injunction it is expected for a man to pay bride price but in some cultures like in India is their women that pay bride price and in Ghana, their ladies is the sole controller of the children. These are norms they grew up to meet.
Hence, wearing of trousers is just a trivial issue that should not be taken too serious. In English language context, even pant and tight are examples of trousers. That's why they call them Shorts. One day a girl friend of mine was telling me, that their pastor asked all the women wearing tight to come out, and he told them that they are sinners because tight is also trousers. What will you draw from this? Meaning hell will be full of women wearing tight because nowadays virtually all feminine wears tight.
which Ghana are u talking about
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by snazzylove: 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
linusbnn:

Abeg wic priest dey wear skirt? Priest of God or Babalawo?. Abeg seek caution dere

Don't quote me again if you can't read and comprehend properly.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by donMIG(m): 6:37am On Sep 14, 2015
Myt not b sin but u will make men sin wen u have big ass n u r rolin it in front of a nigga
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by jeff1607(m): 7:12am On Sep 14, 2015
sometimes I wonder if it's the same God all these churches and astors serves,how can 3 different pastors who claim to hear from the same God have different views or opinion,if the almighty doesn't condone it in church A it shouldn't be condoned in church B.he isn't an author of confusion. #justsaying.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2015
An2elect2:
mtcheeeeeewww. A decent trouser or a skimpy skirt? undecided Are there not customised trousers for females? Wont it be absurd if a man wears those trousers?

Hypocritical pharisees. You put all your efforts/time on trivial things that do not matter and preach another gospel that is no gospel at all
God bless you oo. This is what I always say

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 14, 2015
Captainswag225:
yes its wrong, women shouldnt take trousers to church. It shows lack of respect.

RESPECT FOR WHO?

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Jedeye2(m): 7:49am On Sep 14, 2015
Woman make we men commit more sin, and guyz stop looking at girls bombom when you walk on the road side

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by obainojazz(m): 8:24am On Sep 14, 2015
The grace of God flowed from Aaron's beard down to his 'skirt'.....so he was even putting on skirt then....you people should better look for something better to do...dey find trouser....
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by danbrowndmf(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2015
An2elect2:
mtcheeeeeewww. A decent trouser or a skimpy skirt? undecided Are there not customised trousers for females? Wont it be absurd if a man wears those trousers?

Hypocritical pharisees. You put all your efforts/time on trivial things that do not matter and preach another gospel that is no gospel at all
and again i saw her!
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Oahray: 10:40am On Sep 14, 2015
In Bible times, men didn't wear trousers. Every Hebrew wore outer and inner garments with blue thread on the fringes. A woman was not to wear what a man has already worn, likewise the man.

Did you never read about ten men grabbing hold of the SKIRT of a man who is a jew and saying they will go with him?

So what's the crap about trousers being for males or skirts being for females?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by toughmind: 11:23am On Sep 14, 2015
Brother, there is nothing sinful in what ever you're putting on your body. It's religion that condemned not the Bible, because Bible only contain the experience and the lifestyle of different people that has personal encounter with God. So you are to choose among these people you want to be like, either like Jesus that is love, or like religious people that judge and condemn. If they can judge and condemned our God by crucifying Jesus, they can condemn anything. Bro you're not condemned, except you condemn yourself. You're free to put on bogus or skinny, you're free to put on skirt or trouser, you're free to put on robe or tie rapa. If you're still guilty, dress like an Angel in Heaven, with the same materials and the same style of sewing.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Izuboss: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
softapples:
then can u please interprete the bible passage in the topic for me?
actually i think trousers are not specifically meant 4 men,the bible did not say women should not wear trouser....instead it said that The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man....actually there are trousers women can wear.....i see no harm in women wearin trousers
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by ehisdan(m): 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
charlsecy:

Perhaps, a "wrong" notion you have about ladies wearing trousers may interfere with your absorption of the Message?
Remember the way you dress is the way you are addressed.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 14, 2015
How can a blind man lead another blind man?? This is the case of so many churches in Nigeria today.
illiterate pastors preaching jargon to the people. Go wear woman trouser and see how stupid you will look like, you might even be stoned or labeled Homo if you no take time..... Make una continue to lie 4 Bible head.... Bible say this Bible say that.....
Mind you these same pastors travel out of the country to preach in Oyibo countries but none of them go ever open mouth preach about trouser because them want come back with big money and cars...

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Dindondin(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
softapples:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.
who told u trouser is meant for male alone.
NYSC female Christians, what should they wear?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Mikeiron78(m): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Maybe you have a proof of how trousers is menat for men to back your claim. Naija mentality and religious belief are being mingled together here. You can live in NY and wear skirts, then let me know how that works out for you after 3 days during winter period. There are trousers made for men and those for women. But, common sense should be applied with everything, that's what most people refuse to make use of.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by dominusgai(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Babe, when this law was made trousers wre not even in existence. The whole of isreal wore gowns. But a female gown cud b differentiated from a male gown, just as a male trousers could b differentiated from a female one. No bible part mentioned trousers, just male gaments and this implies that a lady even wearing a male boxers has sinned. Trousers is not the only male garment women wear. Even the shirt was not originally invented for women but for men. Do research on that. U for say make Na only gown woman day wear. Do u even know that high heels was originally created for men?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Sunny4God(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hemah:

Deuteronomy 22:5New International Version (NIV)

5 A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.

Where is trousers here?

Though trouser ıs not stated there specıfıcally, but you know what attıre men put on lıkewıse as a man we know what attıre z for woman. The Word of God ıs ever TrutH... Thank You
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Hemah(f): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
Sunny4God:

Though trouser ıs not stated there specıfıcally, but you know what attıre men put on lıkewıse as a man we know what attıre z for woman. The Word of God ıs ever TrutH... Thank You

Yes, I know men's clothing, that's why I buy only female trousers. The male trousers will not fit me, why will I even contemplating buying what will not fit.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by cruzyteejay(m): 10:03am On Sep 19, 2015
MarieSucre:

Leviticus 19:27 ►
New Living Translation

"Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim
your beards.

Worry about yourself. You who "re-shape" your hair and beards.

iv gat no beards yet.........but pls when you said temple,where are you really talking about? undecided
MarieSucre:

Leviticus 19:27 ►
New Living Translation

"Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim
your beards.

Worry about yourself. You who "re-shape" your hair and beards.

iv gat no beards yet.........but pls when you said temple,where are you really talking about?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
cruzyteejay:

iv gat no beards yet.........but pls when you said temple,where are you really talking about? undecided

iv gat no beards yet.........but pls when you said temple,where are you really talking about?

When you do get beards, you're not allowed to shave it off according the verse I quoted. Temple is head.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by itstpia8: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
cyprus000:

For the fact that majority of people decide to do something,doesn't make it right, and some of your point are out of place.
I can't categorically tell you that its a sin or not,but I will give you my opine on this matter.

Has a christian, there should be doctrine of seperation from the world which ought to reflect modesty.

I bible says. Do not equally yoke theirself with unbelievers.
Trousers is men clothing which has been on for years,until 100yrs ago. Actresses started wearing a kind of men suit and it became a norm. Now has a christain wearing trouser, what's the diff btw you and the unbelievers who started the fashion trend.

On the flipside: let's consider some critical things a christian has to abide by.

1. Modesty - does this clothing cover me adequately? I Tim. 2:9

2. Not worldly - does this clothing reflect the current trends? I John 2:15

3. Difference - does this clothing easily show there's a difference between me and the opposite gender? Deut. 22:5

4. Inoffensive - does this clothing offend a brother or sister in Christ? As a woman, will this cause my brother to stumble or think lustfully about me? Rom 14:7-8,12-13 I Cor. 10:23; 8:13

5. Glorifies God - does this clothing glorify God, or does it call attention to me and glorify me? I Cor. 10:3

NOTE: when I say skirt. I mean modest skirts and not those mini-skirt _whore wear.

I am not that too much of a church person,but I try to live by certain principle has a christian. Not that I like it,but bcs I don't want to hear story that touch on the last day. One has to sacrifice certain earthly pleasure for after life, even tho it maybe right or wrong.

Cc: MarieSucre

kinglekan

otiigba1

MadCow1

come and explain how you will not hear or tell stories that touch on the last day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

The Evil Mission Of Pastor Adeboye In Akwa Ibom State By Inibehe Effiong / Bishop Oyedepo's Private Jet In Benin (Photos) / Does Christianity Allow Sex Styles For Married Ones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.