Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It (57181 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / This Lady Left Mountain Of Fire Church Because Of This... (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2015
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kamez(m): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2015
I know the bible says a woman shall no wear a man's garment and vice versa..

but the bible never said that trousers are male garments. in fact back then I doubt if trousers existed... after all guys in Scotland wear skirts. so to me trousers are unisex garments depending on how they are sewn...

just dont wear sexually provocative ones to church

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by repogirl(f): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.
There are so many laws of what to do and what not to do in Deuteronomy... Why pick the ones that best suit you and leave the others.....if you want to follow the law, please by all means do follow it in totality instead of picking some parts and leaving the rest.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by collinxraver(m): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=softapples post= if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed o
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by domejike(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.
the Bible didn't make any exception in the use of the opposite sex garment.... LADIES MUST NOT EVEN PUT ON MEN'S GARMENT TO BED, AND NOT JUST CHURCH ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURE . likewise men TOO.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by omokayode9258(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2015
i need a strong nd reasonable stand of learned on this, pls, is dr anythng about Christianity that is exactly in line wt d teachings, saying or behavior of Jesus Christ thru bible, why cant we jst force ourself nd do extensive research on religions befor we conclude on d side to stand. hv met thousands of Christians but none culd xplain exactly in line with the holy book wht Christianity is al bout, even hw to worship, or live a life peeping frm the guide of the Master. pls
dnt let us be biased or prejudiced bt rather b objective nd source for more knowledge that are empirical. there r hundreds of religion with their doctrine, lets try nd research nd conclude which of all culd lead to the paradise cos my stand is still, THERE IS A PARTICULAR WAY THAT LEADS TO THAT PLACE. Thanks
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by elderhimself(m): 9:08am On Sep 13, 2015
In as much as it is not outrightly stated that the trouser is not exclussively a man's wear, or the gown that of the woman, we must be careful in our conclusions and judgement. Some European countries uses "skirts" as their men's official traditional wears, but i'd rather refer you to 1 Cor. 8:9 which says; "Be careful however, not to let your freedom of action make those who are weak in the faith fall into sin". The way some ladies dress in relation to "modern" christianity (if there is any such thing" actually not encouraging at all, it leaves the believers and unbelievers alike to ask the question; are these ladies trying to win souls for God or cause lost of souls through temptation/seduction?... The bible still says through Appostle Paul that even if its my eating of meat that will cause another to fall/sin, i'd rather not eat that meat. I urge us all, especially the ladies, lets be really careful in our dressings. Let he who has ears hear what the spirit says to the churches.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by histemple: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2015
Ladies wearing trousers is not a sin, neither did the bible say so. That particular instruction was given at a time when women in their monthly circle were forbidden from sleeping under the same roof with her husband or even touch his food. More so, the phrase "pertaineth to" implies OWNERSHIP and not style. Simply put, a woman should not wear that which belongs to a man.

If the bible was talking about style, then what do we say about King David who wore SKIRT most of the time?

The major problem I have with some pastors is that they go to the old testament, pick a single verse and run away to suit their mischief. When it gets to the ones that nobody can keep, that is when they will realize that the coming of Jesus nullified old laws.

Some churches don't even use jewelleries neither do they make their hair. And they will pick a particular verse in the bible to justify the ignorance. It's mostly because most of their leaders do not understand what was said based on the situation as at the time and what was given as a law.

Now if you read the whole of that Deutronomy, you will get not less than a hundred laws.

One of them is that wearing clothes of diverse texture is a sin. eg. Wearing woollen skirt and linen blouse.

So, why are we not preaching all?

8 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by An2elect2(f): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am not here to condemn wearing trousers but that line thought is absurd.

Is there really a decent way to do bad things?

Is running fats in a wrong meaningful?

If wearing trousers is wrong then there's absolutely no good way to wera it.

wearing trouser by female folks is not wrong! The bible never said it is!

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by godoluwa(m): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2015
Hemah:
The Christian bible didn't condemn it. Who makes trouser a man's garment?
can a sane man wear skirt?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by jullary(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
then can u please interprete the bible passage in the topic for me?
always undeerstand the ways of GOD, when the law was giving in the bible nothing like trouser, anything man as put on before even if its skirt woman must not put it on it just for there health .
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by CzarChris(m): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Ladies on trouser?

What I find amusing in all these fiascos about women wearing trousers or not is that in that same book of Deuteronomy 22:8 it says that you should not wear a garment of linen and wool together and also that wearing different colours is a sin. So why do pastors"
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by daniel56(m): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2015
B4 the coming of the bible by white men,we did not know anytin like wearing of trousers,
African work naked mostly nigeria, look at south african have a cultural day, look at tanzania who some part work naked.
Let stop acting movies, or holy holy. Let be real wearing trouser don't make u saint or not wearing
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by babyphaze77(m): 9:18am On Sep 13, 2015
This what the church have been preaching. What issue have they with the trouser. Dont the woman wear tight short trousers not seen by people as underwear? wat is the church sayin abt it. The church has gotten it wrong.....they are preaching Jesus Christ but not what Jesus christ preached.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Tallesty1(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2015
An2elect2:

wearing trouser by female folks is not wrong! The bible never said it is!
can I ask you a question

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by codedpee(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2015
Many have created edited versions of d Bible just to satisfy their likes and dislikes. Keep editing! All I know is that people will cry that day. I wonder whose grandmother here wore trousers to church...
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2015
Try it in our church, our Rev will disgrace u, buh I see nothing wrong with it, he even condemned men from wearing hairstyles, those people (my Rev) thinks they are perfect buh they are not.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2015
Hemah:
The Christian bible didn't condemn it. Who makes trouser a man's garment?
Hypocrites!

Silly religion

Time wasters

Always finding silly excuses to justify their selfish desires. sad
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by inimes(m): 9:29am On Sep 13, 2015
Those who live in perpetual sin and hope upon 'grace' should know that the grace of God does not support sin. It only gives us the opportunity to repent from sin unto salvation. 'Grace' does not immune us from the penalties of sin for the wages of sin is death. The Bible condemns wearing of trousers by women and you say because of grace it doesn't matter anymore thereby disputing the Word of God. The grace of God is Christ Jesus sent to redeem us and to give us eternal life (Titus 2:11). The grace is not to pardon sin when you have not repented of it. Read this: "What shall we say,then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 Certainly not!" Those teaching the gospel of "it doesn't matter" are false teachers. Is abomination not sin? Every Word of God counts. But the choice is yours. You can wear trousers or support wearing of trousers if you like. Like the Bible tells us,"there are ways that seem right to man,but the end thereof is destruction". Just pray that what seems right to you does not take you to the lake that burns with sulphur eternally. Pray that you do not die a second death. Happy Sunday,and God bless you.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2015
A beg fault finders. Like say the girls putting on skirts and gowns are holier.a girl will wear serious short skirt ND cross her legs or short gown.
Is the person putting on trouser not better.
If you must wear trouser and skirt and gown , do it in a way it won't cause distraction and that's why Bible urge everyone to control themselves.
Talking about the so called woman putting on a man's garment means during that time, male has their own type and females have theirs. So no one should wear the garment if the opposite sex. Afterall Jesus wore gown into the temple. Women has trouser so does men. They have pant so dies men, they have shirt,so does men.
I'm not supporting anyone but if you must do it, do it moderately. Na all these church fault finders people wicked pass sef. Wearing skirt no guarantee heaven
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2015
Nice thread cool

Keep it coming......
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kayor62: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2015
FruityLass:
As long as we don't make people confuse with our gender due to our appearance, it is not a sin.

And yes what about scottish men putting on skirts?
Our clothings is part of culture which has been westernized by civilization.
My guy shine ur eyes, most of d western people are enemy of God, they intentionally do wht God forbids man to do. If u said Scottish men wearing skirts justify women wearing trousers, can u justify same sex as legal act since America legalised it even no scripture supports it? Pls, watch ur back, white men dont believe in God but their ability.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 13, 2015
shaboti:
I dey come.

Deuteronomy 22:9 also says 'do not plant two kinds of seeds in the same vineyard'

Deutoronomy 22:11..'do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Deutoronomy 22:12.. 'make tassels on the four corners of the cloaks you wear'

Now tell me op, which among these verse do you uphold and obey ? Why have you chosen to be selective?
As christians we have abandoned our primary purposes on earth and we ar focusing on irrelevancies.

By the way, these are tassels, tell me how many of your clothes that have them..
Wow!
So many irrelevance in your so-called "word of god"
What a hypocritical and joke of a religion.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by otiigba1(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2015
jonero147:
What of those men that plait their hair ?.
People like terry g,phyno, etc
Is it a sin? angry lipsrsealed cry
No its not a sin, even the egyptian men plait their hairs, besides were did it say in the scripture that its a sin. Me too i plait my hair.
God does not look at your appearance,only the pastor does. i guess tongue
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by CzarChris(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Ladies on trouser?

What I find amusing in all these fiascos about women wearing trousers or not is that in that same book of Deuteronomy 22:11 it says that you should not wear a garment of linen and wool together and also that wearing different colours is a sin or the verse 8 that says you must build a house with parapet or even verse 9 that says you shouldn't plant two different crops in the same farm?
So why do"pastors" conveniently avoid that part of the same chapter? That's hypocrisy if you ask me, so if you want us obey that law lets obey all of them and not a selected few.

BTW what that passage means is that either sex should not exchange clothes i.e. husband wear his wife's clothes or vice versa, because of the issues flowing from others body(menstrual flow in the case of women) so as not to make the other person unclean. Read your bible yourself and stop swallowing what they give you hook,line and sinker without first verifying it.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by roqchiq(f): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2015
American Standard Version
A woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither
shall a man put on a woman's garment; for whosoever doeth these
things is an abomination unto Jehovah thy God.

Amplified® Bible
The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a
man put on a woman's garment, for all that do so are an abomination
to the Lord your God.

Contemporary English Version
Women must not pretend to be men, and men must not pretend to be
women. The LORD your God is disgusted with people who do that.

Darby English Version
There shall not be a man's apparel on a woman, neither shall a man
put on a woman's clothing; for whoever doeth so is an abomination to
Jehovah thy God.

Good News Bible
"Women are not to wear men's clothing, and men are not to wear
women's clothing; the LORD your God hates people who do such
things.

King James Version
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither
shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are
abomination unto the LORD thy God.

New American Standard Bible
"A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a
woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to
the LORD your God.

New International Version
A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's
clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

New King James Version
“A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a
man put on a woman’s garment, for all who do so are an abomination
to the LORD your God.

N.A.S.B. in E-Prime
"A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a
woman's clothing; for whoever does these things the Lord your God
considers an abomination.

Revised Standard Version
"A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a
man put on a woman's garment; for whoever does these things is an
abomination to the LORD your God.

Young's Literal Translation
`The habiliments of a man are not on a woman, nor doth a man put on
the garment of a woman, for the abomination of Jehovah thy God `is'
any one doing these.

Not everything is literal, find the meaning and stop deceiving yourselves.

Bydway, Whether you wear trousers or not, if you don't show love to your neighbour, you ain't going nowhere!! Christ gave the perfect commandment/order/rule..."...,whatsoever you do to the least of my brother,that you do unto me..." Matthew 25. Read the whole chapter and understand what God really wants from you, whether Christain or moslem or atheist or whatever. thats the golden rule.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2015
eneji50:
Modern day christians sha they are more of church followers than Christ followers,my pastor say dis my pastor say dat,its no longer wat d bibble said ,certified ebira boy

Navo Oooo.....

Tyt u.
U dey represent.
Navo Oooo
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kayor62: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Ladies on trouser?

As a matter of fact, we christians of nowaday are mere church goers, we are pastor's followers and not God's followers, we ought to change our name to pastorians rather than christian tht we bear because we never follow christ and never live our life like him.

D fact tht he said he did not bring new law or come to abolish d existing one yet we say grace has put an end to some law. Did Jesus announce any law to be invalid when alive?

Wake up men.......

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kayor62: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Ladies on trouser?

As a matter of fact, we christians of nowaday are mere church goers, we are pastor's followers and not God's followers, we ought to change our name to pastorians rather than christian tht we bear because we never follow christ and never live our life like him.

D fact tht he said he did not bring new law or come to abolish d existing one yet we say grace has put an end to some law. Did Jesus announce any law to be invalid when alive?

Wake up man.......
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 13, 2015
jmoore:
Adam and Eve wore skirts.

Even the Ancient Roman soldiers fought with skirts.

Trouser is not written anywhere in the bible.

The key word is decent dressing, a woman can wear trouser and look decent while another woman can wear skirt and look like a slut.

God does not judge by outward appearance.
you are right but God judges outward appearance. Please let them dress decent or is dressing like a slit and mounting a pulpit right?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by otiigba1(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2015
freecocoa:
Rubbish.

The way these so called christians behave is very annoying, it's one thing to believe in one useless outdated book and another to be selective while at it.

If wearing of trousers is sin(like trousers was even mentioned in the bible to start with, smh) how about men that tie wrapper? How about unisex apparels or accessories? Who do those belong to? If that bible is to be taken seriously, no one is making any heaven, everyone is already doomed for hell seeing as they commandments therein can't be kept.

Yeye dey smell.
Absolutely! The whole thing appears fallaciously contradictory! Infact am begining to think it also a sham. Every so called chrsitian i come across seems and sounds confused picking and choosing what to believe and abide by. cheesy
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by miketayo(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
well i thinks its wrong for ladies 2 put on trousers to the church, but western culture has mislead our women from the true doctrine. "anyways im 1st to comment. "its LADYF husband again.

when did the bible condemn it? can u wear a ladies trousers ?? hmm can u..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Arrives Cyprus For A Crusade (Photos) / What Women Pass Through In The Hands Of Fake Prophets(pictured) / Bishop Oyedepo's Private Jet In Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.