Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC (3067 Views)

FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / Who Also Got Invitation From CCSNL / I Got Invitation For An Interview In Dangote Group Of Companies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by galantjoe(m): 5:09am On Sep 14, 2015
please good people of nairaland help me check whether my invitation for interview at Nnpc is fake.

I met a friend at LinkedIn who claim that she work at fed ministry of finance. after seeing my profile she asked whether I would work at NNPC since they are currently doing replacement exercise. she directed me to one guy. I called the guy and submitted my email. after 2 days I received Nnpc replacement form in a docx format via the email. I fill and submitted the form. after 3 days they send me invitation for interview on 7th September 2015. the interview is on 18th September 2015 @ nnpc tower abuja.

I call the guy to inform him that I have gotten the invitation letter. the guy tell me that I should pay 70,000 naira. 40,000 naira now before interview for the secretary to workout modality to secure the job for me. while balance of of N30,000 to be paid after I have gotten the job.

so am confused. is it real? I did some background checkings on the guy and the woman. actually the woman is working at fed ministry of finance while the guy also work at Nnpc. but how come they are demanding money from me. or could it be scammer using identity theft of those people.

your comments are highly welcome. thanks
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by georgegina: 5:19am On Sep 14, 2015
Lolz. NNPC dnt do replacement Mr. Its jst a scam!

5 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by nnachukz(m): 5:19am On Sep 14, 2015
You want to enter through the window. Be very careful because you might have your hand or neck chop off by unsuspecting occupant of the house. Just look clearly before you leap.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by Abugab(m): 5:20am On Sep 14, 2015
Scam!!!
Run away fast from the lady and the guy and their phony job offer at NNPC.
Never in your life give them a kobo.
Its a scam........

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by HeIsJesus: 5:21am On Sep 14, 2015
They are scammers. If they were genuine and really intend to help you secure a job @ NNPC, they will never ask you to pay. They will know that you will definitely appreciate them with more than such amount after getting the offer letter.
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by bigtt76(f): 5:59am On Sep 14, 2015
You never de listen to news to know say Buhari is now the President? Or you never hear of people being sacked at NNPC because they're surplus or overstaffed?

For your information being on LinkedIn does not in any way certifies one's true job position..... beware!

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by baski92(m): 6:00am On Sep 14, 2015
Bros na fake with a capital letter E, but having a second thought about it, maybe it's for real NOTHING GOES FOR NOTHING dats Nigeria for you
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by dblaisepascal(m): 6:09am On Sep 14, 2015
galantjoe:
please good people of nairaland help me check whether my invitation for interview at Nnpc is fake.

I met a friend at LinkedIn who claim that she work at fed ministry of finance. after seeing my profile she asked whether I would work at NNPC since they are currently doing replacement exercise. she directed me to one guy. I called the guy and submitted my email. after 2 days I received Nnpc replacement form in a docx format via the email. I fill and submitted the form. after 3 days they send me invitation for interview on 7th September 2015. the interview is on 18th September 2015 @ nnpc tower abuja.

I call the guy to inform him that I have gotten the invitation letter. the guy tell me that I should pay 70,000 naira. 40,000 naira now before interview for the secretary to workout modality to secure the job for me. while balance of of N30,000 to be paid after I have gotten the job.

so am confused. is it real? I did some background checkings on the guy and the woman. actually the woman is working at fed ministry of finance while the guy also work at Nnpc. but how come they are demanding money from me. or could it be scammer using identity theft of those people.

can u get d full name/i.d number of d so called nnpc staff? For d record, NNPc will never request any money from you for employment' don't be a prey"""" #some people are so heartless, why should anyone demand money from an applicant' person noor get job, and una wan still collect small tin wey remain'''''. Bro,pls be wise

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by san316(m): 6:23am On Sep 14, 2015
Seeeerious scam. It is either you will end up being separated with your hard earned money or end up as a gnld marketer.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by kenzo25(m): 6:38am On Sep 14, 2015
See scam o, thank ur God there is a forum like this to enlighten people, u would av been scammed o. Be wise o
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by Adeoba10(m): 7:20am On Sep 14, 2015
galantjoe:
I did some background checkings on the guy and the woman. actually the woman is working at fed ministry of finance while the guy also work at Nnpc.

Start ur research from Jan 2014 to Dec 2017, dey will be working at NNPC.... Jungle don mature, if u fall for such scam, dey suppose award dos scammer n execute u in d public.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by southernbelle(f): 7:21am On Sep 14, 2015
nigerians embarassed and that lady who's your friend would not mind sacrificing your friendship for some extra thousands of naira.
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by adejareolabi(m): 8:00am On Sep 14, 2015
RUN! RUN!! RUN!!! embarassed shocked for them...They are big scammers. I also got similar experience in the Agricultural sector through linkedIn.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by goldenceo1: 8:56am On Sep 14, 2015
Bros na Scam oh. lemme tell u how dis scam dey work. Na foreigners(mugu) we naija boys dey add for linkedln after d person accept ur connection with d fake profile u done create with numerous spam connections to make d profile luk real u tro d mugu format of contract, com n marry, consignment, lotto or job interview depending on him/her area of weakness. d rest na history if d work buy ur story "hustle done pay" naija boys done update am to ground work dey bomb local job seekers. Run for ur dear as fast as u can!!!
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by johncreek: 10:19am On Sep 14, 2015
Don't be too desperate to get a job...
proof read it yourself and I believe you sensed its a scam, because it definitely looks like one.
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by deanoffaculty: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2015
@OP.....it's a scam! NNPC is not one of those hungry corporations that demands payment from Job seekers.
Wisdom is profitable to direct.....Be wise!
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by adekanmbi1986(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
galantjoe:

(1.) How and where did you conduct your background check ?
(2.) Why the need for the interview if your employment is guaranteed after payment ?
My brother, be wise.
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by faith2ogesco(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ultra super duper scam. Flee brother flee
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by galantjoe(m): 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2015
I THANK you ALL for your advice.

may God bless nairalanders.

i have taken your advice.

Am not too desperate for job.
because my current job is okay and conducive.
just that it is NNPC and oil job
which all is glamouring to have.

Thank a lot.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by olajebu(m): 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
Bro, did you later go for the interview ? i filled the same replacement form and they sent me a letter of interview ,now the dude is asking me for 50k...It looks like SCAM sha
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by missKiffy(f): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
I smell scam, wise up bro
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by willyboss: 11:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
@op, tell ur friend and the guy you are an applicant that you don't have such money that upon securing the job, you will pay them from your first month salary. You go see as them go jaa leave you.
Re: Please Help! I Got Invitation For Interview At NNPC by galantjoe(m): 5:14am On Sep 18, 2015
olajebu:
Bro, did you later go for the interview ? i filled the same replacement form and they sent me a letter of interview ,now the dude is asking me for 50k...It looks like SCAM sha
the interview is today 17th sep 2015.
i will not attend. i did not pay them
it looks like scam job
be careful

(1) (Reply)

World Bank Is Recruiting Nigerian Graduates En-mass / Music Producer Wanted Urgently at VGC, Lagos / Top Talent Graduate Trainee By Workforce Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.