Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions (24534 Views)

UNN Students Place Juju In Front Of Lecturers Office / 6 Types Of Lecturers You Find In Nigerian Universities / The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by Olsoo(m): 6:57am On Sep 14, 2015
1. Dr. PDF
This is that lecturer that sends study materials and publications to students' mail boxes or sometimes to the class representative; who in turn forwards it to every students whom it may concern prior to the time when the class finally holds. He comes to class the next week to explain the materials in detail and answer questions from every students that has one to ask. He even receives and answers questions via e-mail. No doubt, every student loves this lecturer; though they are scarcely in this side of the world.

2. Lecturer West
You know how Kanye West barely smiles, right? Even on his wedding. Yeah, it’s really weird. This is the case of Mr. Kanye West too. He comes to the lecture theatre, scornfully faced, zero smile and begins lecturing. You'll be making a huge mistake if you’re planning to get on his wrong side. Also, he doesn’t really care if you decipher what he has spewed for the past 2 hours or not. Don’t bother telling him you don’t understand either, because “ Meet those who understand” has always been his reply.

3. Mrs. Anti-Nonsense
This lady lecturer gets irritated at the sight of almost anything any of her students do.
You dare not reply the numerous calls of nature in her class. She’s anti-nature too I guess. She doesn’t condone yawning, sneezing, whispering, murmuring, clapping, sighing and so on. She doesn’t permit sweating too! Oh well! sad

4. Mr. Ins
Yes. Mr. Ins. is number 3. Don’t even make the mistake of thinking “Ins” stands for inspiration. No way! You’re so far from it. Ins. as used here means “Insults”: in it’s highest form. Ask Mr. Ins a question that he deems irrelevant and you might regret the minute your alarm woke you. “It would have made perfect sense if you were delivered as a log of wood at birth. Carpenters would at least use you to make a board. That way, everyone, including me, would definitely feel your presence in this class”. Those were Mr. Ins exact words to a colleague. He didn’t eat for two days straight. embarassed

5. Prof. Einstein
Personally, lecturers in these category are my favorite. They make me grin all the time.
Prof. Einstein is the lecturer that has never had less than 80% in all examinations he has ever written. He comes to class and boast that he came top of his class in all schools and institutions he attended. He tells mundane tales of how he reads for 12 hours daily when he was a student. Lest I forget, he "almost" invented a car that runs on cooking oil too. He calls all his student dumb and says he performed way better than they’re currently doing. He even says he once lectured the current President of the country and he his a mentor to the governor. Funny thing is: He thinks the “dumb students” believes him just because he is being applauded; whereas deep down their minds, they’re drowning in a pool of laughter. Haha.

http://www.campusdailies.com/2015/09/5-types-of-lecturers-in-nigeria.html?m=1

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by Realist5: 6:58am On Sep 14, 2015
Attendance taker: Some lecturers only come to take attendance juz because they observed that one if their crushes wasn't in class....alloted 15marks to the attendance...babes be aware..

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by godofwar666(m): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2015
Prof. Einstein got my ribs cracking

4 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by chudidonas(m): 7:06am On Sep 14, 2015
Lol..All these and even the PSYCHOS can be found in our public Universities
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by kayboy4y(m): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2015
Some lecturers that come and discuss their family problems to seek pity from students..#problematic lecturer.

Some come to class to teach Microeconomics but will end up giving u stories of Nigerian civil war. #Story tellers

Some come to tell u "I don't need any gift from any of u" after the semester, buy one bag of rice and milk for him...he will be one to request for ur reg number.... A for u. #Bribery

See me in my office lecturer...you have problem with ur registration number...#babes, be warned

Notice me lecturers...this type of lecturers always want to be noticed any where they go. Student will start saying I see dat Pol203 man for view centre giving definition of "Soccer politics"

Slave-student/Lecturer... always trying to enslave students juz because they miss test, attendance, assignment etc.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 14, 2015
The Mr Perfect. I personally hate these.
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by lordthree(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2015
hm the queens english lecturer.. if you mistakenly pronounce a word wrongly OYO is your case

or

the crammer lecturer
this one just crams and pours when he lectures

also the no nonsense lecturer
this one takes attendance and goes as far as slapping students
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by idari: 9:57am On Sep 14, 2015
D ones dat cracks joke all through dia lecture period and d ones dat compare d deplorable state of Nigeria institution to foreign institutions<if it was in uk>

4 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 14, 2015
Some Lecturers are after selling Handouts, frustrating Students just to make money via 'Sorting' after the exams are written. God is watching with 5D.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by lilmax(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2015
True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by januzaj(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2015
ok.....the way Nairaland dey go....we go reach ...10 types of condom....10 types of fart....8 types of sperm.....12 ways to dispose used condom......Pix of a nairalander polishing his shoes....Tonto dikeh buys new pant.....Help,my wife refuses to wash my boxers,what can i do........quote me and G4 go be your portion at night,afternoon even early mohmoh

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by 360ng: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2015
True
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by TheNextAce: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2015
Reminds me of my mechanical engineering lecturers in futa years back. Bunch of sadists

Engineer awopetu
Doctor Oke angry angry
Engineer Akinola

God sabi una number

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2015
MR WOMANIZER...

AND MRS INSULTING FEMALE STUDENTS

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by naijainfogalery: 9:59am On Sep 14, 2015
Naaa that list is Not Complete joor: How can you leave out this ones:
- The over serious lecturer - He is more serious than the students, doesnt miss his class always serious with his job
- The beggy Beggy lecturers - You all know what that means
- The womanizer - He doesnt see anything on skirt
- The guru - He knows everything
- The saddiest - The one that nobody passes his course, the one that comes to the class the first day of the semester and say something like 95% of you guys will fail my course
- The dully - This is you keep asking yourself how come he manages to be called a lecturer cos you know more than him
- The Story teller - Comes to the class and tells stories for 1 hour 30 minutes and teaches for the remaining 30 minutes
- The Corrupt Lecturer - He is very corrupt and he doesnt hide it, If you like score 100% you must still come and settle.

All this fits into a least a lecturer in my school back then, Well i wont name names sha,

13 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 14, 2015
Lol...one of the better lists I've seen on here.
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 14, 2015
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by dejt4u(m): 10:00am On Sep 14, 2015
The most important one is Mr and Madam Sadists..

In all their courses; highest mark students can get no matter how smart and intelligent you are is 55 outta 100..

And at least 25% of the class will fail their course no matter how simple and cheap the exam question is... CONSTANT.

They will be telling you in class that during my time, I had C in this course.. So there is no way you can get an A no matter how much you try..i call them devils

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by donholy28(m): 10:00am On Sep 14, 2015
Op u no forget to add d heartless wicked ones;they're so quick to walk u out of their class at d slightest provocation... dey can even ask u to kneel down in class...wicked
And also those ones dat come to class only to check out female students through their spectacles and invite students to their office...fools
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by tosyne2much(m): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2015
Hahaha cheesy

Nice write-up

OP, I throway salute oooo cool
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by kunzaar83(m): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2015
Shoooo
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by jazinogold(m): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2015
what of Dr wailing wailer?

who comes to d class to criticize n lament about d government!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 14, 2015
Olodo lecturers undecided. We av at least one in every faculty
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by gokay11(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2015
You forget to add Lecturer A is for God,B is for me and C is for the best student.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by paulolee(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2015
Lol....the prof einstain gat mi crackin up n gave mi memories of my geography teacher bk den...mr nduka...he was d onli teacher dat was teachin without scheme of work for d term....u hardli sees him with text book wen teaching...he dictates his words...he was d onli man dt knows d sizes n deepness of all d seas n rivers in d world.....he Av viisted n even climbed xo many mountains...he av visited n studied abt olumo rock...he is a strong atheist ( u dnt dare involve GOD or religion in his class or his koboko wud deal wt u)....he was d most humorous teacher dt Av seen....e.g after teaching for hours n explaining abt mountains, plateaux n volcanoes.....he asked d class to name any mountain u kno around d world...abiola raised his hand up and the whole class was surprised coz abiola was d dumbest kid in d class....Mr.Nduka too was surprised n told him abiola to name it, abiola confidently screamed OLUMO ROCK....d whole class bursted wit lafter, Mr. Nduka shook his head n sarcastically said Abiola is correct dt he is indeed a changed boy n he really surprised the whole class coz d class taught he wunt get it...Abiola smilled n asked d class....Y Una dea laff??...una tink say I no go get am??...olumorock Wey dea near our village....nawah for Una ooo...
Mr Nduka said he wud advise abiola dt immediately d Skul closes for d day, Abiola shud try n run home n ask his mum wich milk she trained him with coz his stupidity n foolishness is a disgrace to d human race, an insult to d animal family...maybe his mother trained him up wt d milk from d dumbest goat...

5 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by Eshinery(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2015
Re: 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions by kamez(m): 10:03am On Sep 14, 2015
(6) Prof seminar.. this one will organize more than 5 seminars every semester just for one course.. u go present seminar with power point, hard copy and soft copy almost every week (industrial physics student imsu class of 2010 know what I'm talking about)

even PhD candidates no present seminar reach us

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 Examinations To Hold In May / The Star Of Africa: Racism In Schools In Finland - Mother Cries Out / Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.