Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos (51810 Views)

Fcmb In Another Epic And Savage Twit Reply / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by emmatok(m): 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

The emboldened is exactly why I said lots of Nigerians are not privy to banking operations. The bank has no right whatsoever to detain either of them(hand them over to the police). The dollar exchange didn't take place in the bank, neither did it involve a staff. It's not the bank's business.
They didn't allow the Hausa man escape, they only refused to allow harm befall him within their premises, which is perfect.

I've read the story over and over, nowhere did I see the man(victim) was detained, he was pushed out for constituting a nuisance and disrupting banking services which is totally allowed.

If he wants to arrest the Hausa man, he should go organise his own police or whatever he wants to use, and pick up the man IN HIS OFFICE, right where the transaction happened.

Which banking operation are you claiming to know.
Haven't you seen case where bank invite police, when they can't control the situation?
Didn't you read where the Police took the victim away. So who invited the police then.

Listen to yourself claiming the bank action protecting the Mallam is perfect, undecided when both the mallam and the victim came to the bank together.

You can defend your employer as long as you can, but if these issue is not resolved FCMB will be on the hot seat for this.
And FCMB HQ will be demanding answers from that BM.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by nigeriancuban: 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
CR77:
smiley
there is nothing false there,I heard the story from a friend who works at trade fair who happened to withness the scene,stop being skeptical
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Kazrem(m): 6:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
NinaArsenal:
yes
Good to know. Up Gunners!!!

1 Like

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
emmatok:

Haven't you seen case where bank invite police, when they can't control the situation?
Didn't you read where the Police took the victim away. So who invited the police then.

Listen to yourself claiming the bank action protecting the Mallam is perfect, undecided when both the mallam and the victim came to the bank together.

You can defend your employer as long as you can, but if these issue is not resolved FCMB will be on the hot seat for this.

If the victim wasn't sitting in front of the bank, the police wouldn't have met him there let alone taking him away.
The Hausa man and the victim came together, the victim acted irrationally. If he was calm, just maybe...the police would have met both of them inside the bank.
The bank obviously invited the police to disperse the crowd clinging on their gate, disrupting their services...

Yes, I maintain FCMB did right by holding the Hausa man, because I am sure the man might not be alive now based on how the average Nigerian reasons and act.

FCMB won't be on any hot seat. Hot seat my foot grin
They have seen worse cases, this one is just a 'tomato can'.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by otiigba1(m): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
The Bank are the biggest suspect here or atleast some of the bank staffs are in on it, again the bank are the biggest suspect, that's why they are called BANK.

Next biggest suspect is the aleggedly victim, he could be trying to scam the " mallam", the " mallam" is totally innocent.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Awoofawo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
Don't mind them bro! Image a suspect brought his victim to your house after been caught and said you are the one; who sold him stolen item, and you are stupid enough to let him go (escaped) just like. Go try that for real live for hood! You see am!
emmatok:

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by authority2006(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:
He was the cause of his own misfortune.

Dude....the minute the bank said no money.....you should have gone to another bank.....AT ONCE.!

Of course....they would deny it.....NO DOCUMENTATION FROM THE BANK OR FROM THE HAUSA MAN....NOT EVEN A CAMERA PHOTO....since you went to do business outside the bank with another man.

Sorry my man.....but you were the one who caused your problem. You should have gone to another bank....and you should have not done forex business without DOCUMENTARY PROOF!...AND WITH SOME GUY WHO IS NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED TO DO BUSINESS IN FOREX.

Nigerians!

Nigerians!

You wrote senseless epistle. I don't know why you guys always like to blame the victims with no iota of sympathy like you people are immune to scam.
What do you have to say about the bank locking the Hausa man inside and made him escaped through the back door? I guess you have nothing to say about that since your mindset is to blame the victim like people are not patronising black market.

1 Like

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by mickey45: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
AmakaDNBStories:
shocked Sad! 30K?
*231Naira
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Awoofawo(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
You seems not to get the real issue under the microscope sister! "The mallam alleged that he got the fake currencies from the bank" and was bold enough to even taken the victim to bank to verify his claim.... The bank case is standing on k-legs on this matter! The onu is on the bank to dispute that false claim by having both the suspect and victim arrest, not the other way round!
Kachisbarbie:

If the victim wasn't sitting in front of the bank, the police wouldn't have met him there let alone taking him away.
The Hausa man and the victim came together, the victim acted irrationally. If he was calm, just maybe...the police would have met both of them inside the bank.
The bank obviously invited the police to disperse the crowd clinging on their gate, disrupting their services...

Yes, I maintain FCMB did right by holding the Hausa man, because I am sure the man might not be alive now based on how the average Nigerian reasons and act.

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Awoofawo:
You seems not get the real issue under the microscope sister! "The mallam alleged that he got the fake currencies from bank" and was bold enough to even taken the victim to bank to verify his claim.... The bank case is standing on k-legs on this matter!

I get the issue perfectly, you are looking at the case with emotions, I am looking at it theoretically, just how the bank would absolve itself of any blame.
I have said it before, confirming if he got the money from the bank is as simple as checking the transaction ticket of the said day.
The money must have been run through a dollar tester, which should pick the serial numbers, if it doesn't tally with what the victim claims to have been paid_ the bank quickly exempts herself from the case. Let them sort themselves out.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by authority2006(m): 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Dude....the minute the bank said no money.....you should have gone to another bank.....AT ONCE.!

Of course....they would deny it.....NO DOCUMENTATION FROM THE BANK OR FROM THE HAUSA MAN....NOT EVEN A CAMERA PHOTO....since you went to do business outside the bank with another man.

Sorry my man.....but you were the one who caused your problem. You should have gone to another bank....and you should have not done forex business without DOCUMENTARY PROOF!...AND WITH SOME GUY WHO IS NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED TO DO BUSINESS IN FOREX.

Nigerians!

Nigerians!

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Awoofawo(m): 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
Now you are talking.......but why the back door "PRISON BREAK" tactic they given the suspect?! cool
Kachisbarbie:

I get the issue perfectly, you are looking at the case with emotions, I am looking at it theoretically, just how the bank would absolve itself of any blame.
I have said it before, confirming if he got the money from the bank is as simple as checking the transaction ticket of the said day.
The money must have been run through a dollar tester, which should pick the serial numbers, if it doesn't tally with what the victim claims to have been paid_ the bank quickly exempts herself from the case. Let them sort themselves out.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2015
Awoofawo:
Now you are talking.......but why the back door "PRISON BREAK" tactic they given the suspect?! cool
lols @prison break.
I really don't know why they did that, but if push comes to shove...trust me, their reason would be sooo perfect. It would sway any judgement in their favour.
Don't use bank to play o, their legal team could be so sly.

I guess they only have a case with the Hausa man who accused them of paying him fake notes. When a customer accuses a teller of paying him fake notes, have you ever seen where they clarify the issue and detain him?
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by emmatok(m): 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Get this straight, if they wanted to mob the mallam, he won't be alive to enter that bank.

Why did the bank invite the police to arrest him, when you claimed banks don't invite police.

Who is FCMB that can't be on the hot seat for these, are they God.
The last time a bank bragged about doing such nonsense, they end up issuing apologies.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
emmatok:

Get this straight, if they wanted to mob the mallam, he won't be alive to enter that bank.

Why did the bank invite the police to arrest him, when you claimed banks don't invite police.

Who is FCMB that can't be on the hot seat for these, are they God.
The last time a banks bragged about doing such nonsense, they end up issues apologies.

Aii.
I guess that's all.
Am I the owner of the bank? even if I am_ the business is different from the owner (entity concept)...
Channel this vituperations to @FCMB. grin
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Awoofawo(m): 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols @prison break.
I really don't know why they did that, but
if push comes to shove...trust me, their reason would be sooo perfect. It would sway any judgement in their favour.
Don't use bank to play o, their legal team could be so sly.
this goes to validate the claim that even banks were not above committing crime thank God bless you sister!

I guess they only have a case with the Hausa man who accused them of paying him fake notes. When a customer accuses a teller of paying him fake notes, have you ever seen where they clarify the issue and detain him?
In this case a third-party is involved, the situation is no longer restrict to bank+client relationship. Their reputation is on the dirty slab, only unserious MD will overlook things like these!
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by emmatok(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Aii.
I guess that's all.
Am I the owner of the bank? even if I am_ the business is different from the owner (entity concept)...
Channel this vituperations to @FCMB. grin

Just laughing at you defending FCMB grin

You reminded me of those guys defeending Osho Baba " go and die comments"

Until they were disgrace when Osho started apologizing.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
Awoofawo:
In this case a third-party is involved, the situation is no longer restrict to bank+client relationship. Their reputation is on the dirty slab, only unserious MD will overlook things like these!

Don't worry, when the guy gets to court or wherever, he would know the limit to which third party involvement applies.
We've heard cases of people that were defrauded right there inside the bank! by someone claiming to be a receiving teller.
If banks could absolve themselves of such cases, this one won't be an exception.

Definitely their control/legal team would be on the matter right now. It wouldn't be overlooked, but the bank would definitely not indemnify the victim.

I pity the man, that was a lot of money to be so stupid with_ but people have to realise that you meeting a random person inside the bank doesn't always make the bank liable.

emmatok:

Just laughing at you defending FCMB grin

You reminded me of those guys defeending Osho Baba " go and die comments"

Until they were disgrace when Osho started apologizing.
I really wonder how some humans reason. There is always a prosecuting and a defence counsel. Someone for and against a motion, that's what spices up life.
Learn that ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Awoofawo(m): 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sister you are very knowledgeable thank for the engaging and stimulating discussion. But I dey suspect you small o, you are either lawyer or a banker (legal dept) cause you seems to understand all the tricks. I fear lawyers o dem sabi lie no be small! True talk the man can't win this case but the bank action in matter is highly condemnable!
Kachisbarbie:

Don't worry, when the guy gets to court or wherever, he would know the limit to which third party involvement applies.
We've heard cases of people that were defrauded right there inside the bank! by someone claiming to be a receiving teller.
If banks could absolve themselves of such cases, this one won't be an exception.

Definitely their control/legal team would be on the matter right now. It wouldn't be overlooked, but the bank would definitely not indemnify the victim.

I pity the man, that was a lot of money to be so stupid with_ but people have to realise that you meeting a random person inside the bank doesn't always make the bank liable.

I really wonder how some humans reason. There is always a prosecuting and a defence counsel. Someone for and against a motion, that's what spices up life.
Learn that ASAP.

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by emmatok(m): 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Learn that ASAP.

Lol,

And who's the prosecution and the defence here.
You do not seems understand the argument here.

The bank should have been neutral.Simple!

Just imagine they had gone to the police station, will the mallam be allowed to escape?
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
Awoofawo:
Sister you are very knowledgeable thank for the engaging and stimulating discussion. But I dey suspect you small o, you are either lawyer or a bank cause you seems to understand all the tricks. I fear lawyers o dem sabi lie no be small! True talk the man can't win this case but the bank action in matter is highly condemnable!

I enjoyed conversing with you too. You were objective and free of emotions. Some people take arguments personal, it's meant to be a learning process, where at worse...we agree to disagree. kiss

2 Likes

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by eduxerxes: 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
AmakaDNBStories:
shocked Sad! 30K?
$30k, that's close to 7million Naira we talking here...
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2015
chisco82:
so for that reason the bank should aid the housa
Man to escape? Now the action of the bank shows that they were the architect, with document or not, people are atleast his witness.

As things stand....there is no evidence the man got dollars from FCMB. He got the dollars....from the Hausa man....who then pretended to him that he got them from FCMB.....without showing him documentary proof.

The guy got swindled by a 419er....and a shrewd one at that. He should have gone to another bank to do his business. Preferably GTBank, or Zenith....or even Ecobank.

1 Like

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
authority2006:
You wrote senseless epistle. I don't know why you guys always like to blame the victims with no iota of sympathy like you people are immune to scam.
What do you have to say about the bank locking the Hausa man inside and made him escaped through the back door? I guess you have nothing to say about that since your mindset is to blame the victim like people are not patronising black market.

Let us start from the begining of the story

1.Man goes to bank.

2.Man wants to change money from naira to dollars.

3.Bank says....WE do not have the money.

4.Man is dissapointed.

5.Hausa man in bank.....who is not a staff....or even related to staff....offers to change kudi for the man

6.Man agrees....and they leave the bank to transact business...

7.Man goes home...dollars fake.

8.Man goes to Hausa man...who admits the money is fake.

9. Hausa man says....I got money from FCMB (Without proof!).

10.Man and Hausa guy go back to bank.....

11.Of course...bank denies it.(And there is no proof that the money came from the bank....it all came from Hausa man).

12.Things kick off....

My guy was duped.

Since bank said.....NO Money....he should have gone to another bank. Not to some guy who was out to scam him.

Am sure scammmer don close account....don move kudi elsewhere.

We all make mistakes....better luck next time.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by emmatok(m): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:

As things stand....there is no evidence the man got dollars from FCMB. He got the dollars....from the Hausa man....who then pretended to him that he got them from FCMB.....without showing him documentary proof.
The guy got swindled by a 419er....and a shrewd one at that. He should have gone to another bank to do his business. Preferably GTBank, or Zenith....or even Ecobank.
bushdoc9919:

Let us start from the begining of the story
1.Man goes to bank.
2.Man wants to change money from naira to dollars.
3.Bank says....WE do not have the money.
4.Man is dissapointed.
5.Hausa man in bank.....who is not a staff....or even related to staff....offers to change kudi for the man
6.Man agrees....and they leave the bank to transact business...
7.Man goes home...dollars fake.
8.Man goes to Hausa man...who admits the money is fake.
9. Hausa man says....I got money from FCMB (Without proof!).
10.Man and Hausa guy go back to bank.....
11.Of course...bank denies it.(And there is no proof that the money came from the bank....it all came from Hausa man).
12.Things kick off....
My guy was duped.
Since bank said.....NO Money....he should have gone to another bank. Not to some guy who was out to scam him.
Am sure scammmer don close account....don move kudi elsewhere.
We all make mistakes....better luck next time.

Why do Nigerians love dodging questions.

Why did the bank allow the Mallam escape. Simple question you people can't answer .

Will that mallam escape if they had gone to the Police station?

Note:
It was the same mallam the decide to approach the bank, not the Victim.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Do banks sell foreign currency?

Even if they were doing b4 which i doubt,it wont happen now that the govt is trying so hard to reduce dollar in. Irculation.You can only get physical dollars if you travelling and you present your travel documents...there is a cap.It is called PTA/BTA (Personal/Business Travel Allowance).You cant even wire dollar from your account if it was deposited physically.You can only wire monies that were wired to.you.
Every other dollar transaction is done via Form A and Form M,LCs,BCs and the likes.The whole idea is to.ensure little or no physical dollar stash anywhere.
bushdoc9919:

Nigerians!

Nigerians!

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
Do banks sell foreign currency?

Even if they were doing b4 which i doubt,it wont happen now that the govt is trying so hard to reduce dollar in. Irculation.You can only get physical dollars if you travelling and you present your travel documents...there is a cap.It is called PTA/BTA (Personal/Business Travel Allowance).You cant even wire dollar from your account if it was deposited physically.You can only wire monies that were wired to.you.
Every other dollar transaction is done via Form A and Form M,LCs,BCs and the likes.The whole idea is to.ensure little or no physical dollar stash anywhere.

Banks sell foreign currency.....they even have the official exchange rate in some of their branches.

And obviously.....the man should have gone to another bank and done what you said.....not to some smooth operator with rapido solutions.

Addendum: http://nairametrics.com/cbn-issues-new-circular-warning-banks-to-sell-forex-for-school-fees-medicals-etc/
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
Yeah...but you wont be given the physical cash.All services-medical bills,schl fees,exam/membership/subsricption etc are treated via form A.No physical exchange of cash.
bushdoc9919:

Banks sell foreign currency.....they even have the official exchange rate in some of their branches.

And obviously.....the man should have gone to another bank and done what you said.....not to some smooth operator with rapido solutions.

Addendum: http://nairametrics.com/cbn-issues-new-circular-warning-banks-to-sell-forex-for-school-fees-medicals-etc/
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by saintade01(m): 9:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
I have gotten a thousand naira fake note from a Sterling bank before.

I almost slap the operational manager for trying to defend the cashier blindly.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
na jazz the alhaji dey use. touch and follow type.

its just sad that it's so hard to get justice in this country because the law enforcement system is totally compromised. unless you're an insider that is
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Ndeewonu: 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Nigerians!

Nigerians!

You are just talking theory! Do you now how know the Fx business works in Nigeria among the mallams and BDCs?
Please, find out.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by persius555(m): 10:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
Everyone should be wary of FCMB bank, a bank that colludes with criminals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS / How A Loan App Wiped My Account And Left Me Broke / My Girlfriend Said I Look Like Femi Otedola, Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.