Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,725 members, 7,802,186 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement (33832 Views)

Role Of (islamic) Students Of Knowledge By Ustadh Sulayman Amubieya / Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) / JNI Declared Wednesday Eid IL Kabir (sallah) Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by Haywhymido(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
Confirmento
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by omostar: 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2015
Arafah is on wednesday, so eid is on thursday.
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by planet(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"Confusion in the 'islam-dom'". Quote me anywhere.

You would rather dates that are tied to pagan worship and sacrifices. To you, your way and to us, ours

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by EazyMoh(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
DONSMITH123:
Those people sef, make they try to get specific date like christian jor
Well the Christian calendar may be specific, but it is wrong as well. And so is Jesus' birthday, wrong date, wrong month, wrong season even wrong year!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by ogundeleai(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
DONSMITH123:
Wisdom entails Islam, not dexterity

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
DONSMITH123:
propaganda knows no boundary these days. shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by Martmore: 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
you run to white people for religion, for technology ,for security and you still run to them for dates of your holiday.Black people(ndi isi oji) are sooo demented

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by carinmom(f): 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2015
planet:

DONSMITH123, No to specific dates tied to pagan worship/festivals
Yes, we have specific date but don't forget that ours is the lunar calendar and depends on when the moon is sighted
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by carinmom(f): 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
planet:

DONSMITH123, No to specific dates tied to pagan worship/festivals

Sorry, it wasn't you i intended quoting. Apologies pls.
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by 2dillu2(m): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
alcmene:
heheheheh cheesy

confusion everywhere......what a disorganized organisation

no laid down procedures in carrying out activities

they will soon form blocs and start attacking and bombing themselves
if you don't have something good to say keep your mouth shut pls angry
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by 2dillu2(m): 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
Glamour09:
May we witness it in good health
amen
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by kestolove95(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2015
DONSMITH123:
rubbish..dec 25 imposed by d white dat its d birthday of jesus...a capital lie
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by Omotayor123(f): 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2015
Chai... Why now.. Well letz see how it goes.
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by Omotayor123(f): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
DONSMITH123:
Not in Islam.. We don't fix date, we follow the sighting of new moon.. Saudi will be the final declarer of Arafat day. They are the chief host.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by BetaThings: 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
DONSMITH123:
Hahahaha
Which one is your own?
If you guys don't take care, we can ask the government to declare Saturday and Sunday as public holiday
or better still 4 nights as public hols
Seriously, the announcement from Saudi Arabia of the sighting of the moon is what they are following
If today is the first day of the 12month, then holiday will be wed and Thur, if not it will be Thur and Fri
There is no work on Thur- that is certain
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by BetaThings: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
Martmore:
you run to white people for religion, for technology ,for security and you still run to them for dates of your holiday.Black people(ndi isi oji) are sooo demented
And you too for language!
and also for the application for Nairaland website

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by BetaThings: 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
ITbomb:
I will wait for Abubakar Shekau to release his own date. That is the one that matters.

FG should give them the three days na. Better for us
Shekau is toast
Alhamdu Li Llah
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by Kennydoc(m): 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
Mukina2 and Sissie, please help me remove that "There is no God but Allah..." quote from my profile. I'm not a Muslim, and I don't intend to ever be. I mistakenly clicked on something, and now I can't get it out of my profile. If you can't do it, please tell Seun to get it outta my profile.
Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by peculiarabacus(m): 12:14am On Sep 15, 2015
Just passing by
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by olalat(m): 5:16am On Sep 15, 2015
Why bothering yourself about their roforofo politics. All i know is Sallah comes the day after arafat. Na dem sabi. I follow no sultan or oloyede, i only follow al quran wa al adith. Gaskiya.
MadCow1:
So what date is it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by alsudaes1(m): 6:13am On Sep 15, 2015
UnknownT:
Any of them that will declare Thursday and Friday instead of Wednesday and Thursday as public holidays is the group i will support

funny you smiley wink
so u can have four days holiday stretch including Saturday and Sunday
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 15, 2015
DONSMITH123:
its not about having specific date...its about following the teaching as it is prescribed. The facts are clear, our deviation from the truth is the problem why would an association go on announcing a date when there is an established body charged with the responsibility of doing so.
Somewhere in the United Arab Emirate:
The first day for Eid Al Adha has been confirmed in Saudi Arabia as Thursday, September 24.

However, there has yet to be a formal confirmation by authorities in the UAE.

Al Arabiya News Channel reported that the moon sighting committee in Saudi Arabia met on Sunday night to decide.

It said Wednesday, September 23 will be Arafat Day.

Although the details of public and private sector holidays have not been announced, in previous years, the private sector paid holiday for Eid Al Adha has started on Arafat Day.
Is this not an example of a well organised society?
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by rabzy01: 8:35am On Sep 15, 2015
See a copy of apology letter from JNI below

Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 15, 2015
lonelydora:
Why the confusion? Islam is a religion of .......?

In one way they will come but in several ways they will scatter.
We muslims are one but u christians are one million different denomination wie one cnt even join d other. is dat a religion?
Re: Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement by miemzzy: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2015
no confusion in Islam only your mind has the confusion
OZAOEKPE:
"Confusion in the 'islam-dom'". Quote me anywhere.

-Let there be 'moon', and there was 'moon'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. / The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.