Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story (33783 Views)

Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband / Video: High School Girls Caught Having Sex In The Classroom / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 12:53am On Oct 10, 2015
[size=16pt] To the readers, if you were Frank would you advise Fiona to return to MBC or not, bearing in mind that her salary would reduce once more except if her employer could be keeping his promise of adding #50,000 to it personally.

PLS BACK UP YOUR RESPONSE WITH EXPLANATION! [/size]
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by Nobody: 3:11am On Oct 10, 2015
SammyO4real:
[size=16pt] To the readers, if you were Frank would you advise Fiona to return to MBC or not, bearing in mind that her salary would reduce once more except if her employer could be keeping his promise of adding #50,000 to it personally.

she can go back, for bellas' sake and i'm sure her stock will rise when she gets back.

She can also stay at crestland and watch things unfold in 3D at mbc, but i smell bella will need at mbc, since blossom and "mrs lucifer" are still alive
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by buoye1(m): 6:44am On Oct 10, 2015
SammyO4real:
lol...this is not a love story anyway, but it was just a case of two opposite genders admiring each other. Maybe I could just open up another story later and title it 'Frank and Fiona, a love story' grin
Trust me, it's really going to be great.. I i thought she was going to die really, i started feeling bad for Frank, Ben and Bella...

I think there should be a touch of romance in it

I'm in love with Bella already.. I hope say Benjamin no go kill me undecided

Nice story joor grin

1 Like

Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by buoye1(m): 6:54am On Oct 10, 2015
SammyO4real:

Gaskiya, it's really a tough decision.... I'm speechless,Crestland school will be very disappointed and Bella needs Fiona and some other students

She should just consider them

Even though I would have loved her watch them suffer a bit
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by Ibukunholuwa(f): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
I think she should go back.For bella's sake nd sum of the students dat reali love her
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
buoye1:
Trust me, it's really going to be great.. I i thought she was going to die really, i started feeling bad for Frank, Ben and Bella...

I think there should be a touch of romance in it

I'm in love with Bella already.. I hope say Benjamin no go kill me undecided

Nice story joor grin

Don't go near Bella or else...
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by buoye1(m): 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
Bros, please drop a lengthy update... I'm becoming impatient already

1 Like

Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by dammygoody(m): 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
SammyO4real:

Very difficult decision o...
As for me, my Fiona can go back to MBC sha... Money is not the problem wink
By the way, I've been with quite a number of teachers and to most of them, moulding lives gives them more happiness and joy than the pay they get.

So, a sharper Fiona all the way to MBC..
angry grin
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
dammygoody:

Very difficult decision o...
As for me, my Fiona can go back to MBC sha... Money is not the problem wink
By the way, I've been with quite a number of teachers and to most of them, moulding lives gives them more happiness and joy than the pay they get.

So, a sharper Fiona all the way to MBC..
angry grin

This one that you are just saying sharp sharp all the time, hope you have Sharp products at home sha.
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
buoye1:
Bros, please drop a lengthy update... I'm becoming impatient already

choi! I tot today is Sabbath day. A day of rest
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by Tawfeeqah(f): 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
SammyO4real:

choi! I tot today is Sabbath day. A day of rest
Plsssssssssssss I take God beg u, don't sabbath yet, we need update
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by dammygoody(m): 8:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
SammyO4real:

This one that you are just saying sharp sharp all the time, hope you have Sharp products at home sha.
grin
Hahaha...I don't just like "dull" people....think and act fast during difficult situations, recognize those for and against you, try to think ahead of your opponent, act ahead, understand their motives....

Expecting Update oo...
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
Good day and happy Sunday my friends. The electricity here is in a state of pitiable heegee haga, that is why i haven't updated. No light since friday and my phone has been living on generator all thru and it discharges fast such that i can't even use it to type the story. I pray the PHCN restores light ASAP. Thanks.
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 6:53am On Oct 12, 2015
Good morning readers. My phone's currently on drip at the moment from a powerbank. Thank God I have 72% now, so expect a lengthy post at the moment and pray PHCN should restore the light. Happy new day.
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by buoye1(m): 7:53am On Oct 12, 2015
Morning sammy... Don't kill our vibes o
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 8:28am On Oct 12, 2015
buoye1:
Morning sammy... Don't kill our vibes o

noted...an update is here...
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 8:29am On Oct 12, 2015
[b] "Don't return there!" Frank said immediately without giving it a second thought.

"Okay I won't," Fiona complied immediately.

Fiona went about her business, putting the words of Mr Akin behind her. She had trainned her mind to accept her resolution as the best option.

"Progress is what we all pray for in life. I see no reason to go back to what I have left," she said.

Fiona was surprised when she was informed that someone was waiting for her in the visitor's room of Crestland College. She knew that she hadn't told many people of her new workplace, so she could guess within a few number the person waiting for her.

"Certainly that should be Mary," Fiona thought.

Mary was Fiona's best friend back in her University days. They were both products of University of Lagos where they studied English Education.

Mary was the best graduating student of her department that year while Fiona was the second best. They made 4.41 and 4.39 CGPA respectively.

However, Mary had been very unfortunate. She had only gotten a teaching job where she was being paid as low as #30,000 monthly. However, Fiona had encouraged her not to give up applying for jobs.

"You will get a better job, Mary," Fiona had assured her several times.

Fiona got to the visitor's room and was surprised to discover that it was the person she least expected.

"Mr Akin what are you doing here!" Fiona spoke annoyingly. The old man prostrated immedately.

"Fiona please come back," he began to beg.

"To where?" Fiona said, fuming. "You'd better not implicate me over here, Mr Akin!"

The elderly man explained the whole matter to Fiona. It was a case of boycotting of examination. The examination which was meant to commence on the 28th of June, that present day to end on the 11th of July had just been boycotted by the students.

The proprietor of the school had attempted to sack Mr. Akin that morning, but other teachers rallied round him to beg for him. They felt it was not Mr Akin's fault at all.

"Sir, Mr Akin shouldn't receive the whole of the blame," a staff said. "As I could remember in the school rules and regulations for teachers, section 4, rule 14, it was writen and I quote: No teacher of the school is permitted to pay a visit to a student's home to assault him or her or the parents. Any defaulter would be sacked immediately such news gets to the school authority."

The proprietor was mute for a while. Eventually he sighed and said, "But commonsense should have been used in this case. You all know how Miss Fiona has been very instrumental to the progress of this school. I like her personally for her humble spirit."

The proprietor observed silence for a while and then faced Mr Akin to ask, "Okay Akin, did you ask Fiona the reason why she slapped that girl in question?"

"I...I didn't..."

"You see," the man said. "You don't even know whether Fiona actually went to the house of that student solely for the purpose of beating her up or not. You don't know if it was a case of a good visit turned bad but you just concluded that she went there for the purpose of slapping her. How could you just jump into conclusion that way? What if it was the case of Mrs Fiona going to pay them a nice visit and surprisingly that rude girl lambasted her? If it was you, won't you throw caution in the wind too and slap her face? Of course you didn't go there with bad intentions in the first place, so how does that rule apply?"

Mr Akin bent his head in shame. He regretted his action of shunning Fiona that day when she wanted to explain what actually transpired between herself and Blossom that day.

"I'm sorry sir," Mr Akin said without raising up his head.

"Anyway, all I know is that you must get Fiona back to this school today and the examination must take place," the proprietor said. "If not, then you know what will happen to you Akin. I am only giving you this chance because you are my friend..."

"Thank you sir," Mr Akin said regrettably. Then he began to make his way to Crestland College to see if he could lure Fiona back.

The thought of the impending sack was heavily weighing down Mr Akin as he pleaded with Fiona to go back MBC with her.

"Fiona please come with me immediately. As I speak with you now, many parents of these students are in the school demanding to know what is going on. In fact the car pack is jampacked at the moment.

"Sir, I can't go there with you," Fiona said. "It's not possible."

"Fiona, please just save my job. The proprietor is in school right now and he said I shouldn't return to MBC school without you. He...he said I should consider my appointment terminated without you..." Mr Akin began to shed tears. Fiona was moved to tears too. The man before her had always been very nice to everyone and jovial too. He didn't deserve to be sacked just like that. Fiona recalled several occasions when Mr Akin had assisted her homeward with his car when she was still without a car.

Fiona was in a dilemma, a catch-22 saga. Accepting to take up the MBC job again would mean displeasing her fiance and disappointing her new school. Not going with the MBC man would also mean disappointing everyone at MBC as well as making Mr Akin lose his job.

Fiona began to weigh it up. Is my fiance worth much more than the whole MBC combined together? Am I really ready to face a likely tough conflict with Frank over this issue? And then his 'Solomon' wine celebration would become useless afterall.

"I will go with you," Fiona said eventually. The man on the floor didn't believe his ears.

"You...you will go with...?"

"Yes Mr Akin, I will go with you," she reassured him. "But first let me inform a colleague."

Miss Fiona entered the examination hall where she was performing as an examiner earlier. She informed her colleague that she wanted to go somewhere so that she could cover up for her. She concurred.

Mr Akin was scared that Fiona would abscond if they didn't go in the same car. He had to let go his car and go in Fiona's car.

"Back seat Mr Akin," Fiona said. "For now let me be the driver of my oga," she said, mimmicking how the man always said it those times she was in his car too: " Back seat please Miss Fiona. For now let me be the driver of my madam."

They laughed.

Mr Akin had returned to his formal self. He asked how Fiona got the exotic car.

"So did you get this with the meagre #90,000 salary you are being paid at MBC? Sure you couldn't have saved all over twelve months to buy this because I know this car's much more worth than that amount. So tell me how you got this."

"You're right sir," Fiona said. "My fiance gave it to me."

"Oh! Wow! What a nice gift from Romeo!" Mr Akin exclaimed.

"Romeo?" Fiona laughed. "His name is Frank or in full Franklyn, not Romeo sir."

"But you wished he was your Romeo while you be her Juliet, didn't you?"

"What! Did you...see it?" Fiona said shockingly. She knew that the man was talking about her love poem.

"Not only did I see it Fiona, but I have it in a printed form in my Library at home. I also have the soft copy of both its first and second version."

"Second version? Of course I didn't write any second version," she said.

"Well...I don't know about that. But you may go and ask Mrs Dorcas about that, because those two versions were the magic which saved my marriage those days when my wife filed a suit for divorce. All I did was to edit the two versions of the poem by replacing the names with mine and my wife's and amazingly she withdrew the case with immediate effect."

"That's serious if it's the truth," Fiona doubted. "Anyway sir, you are hereby sued for plagiarism."

"I accept," the man said jokingly. "Though you've got no copyright."

They laughed heartily.

Mr Akin eventually asked for the reason why Fiona slapped Blossom and she said, "She called me a poverty-stricken teacher, all because I went there to ask for my outstanding student, Bella."

"What! She called you that? Oh, mister Jide was right afterall. That girl deserved much more. I'll give her a couple more slaps anytime I see her, for putting my job at risk."

"Don't do that sir. Just...just forgive her; she's just been childish." As an afterthought, Fiona asked, "Sir, you said Mr Jide was right. Who is Mr Jide if I may know?"

"The proprietor of course!" the man said surprisingly.

"Oh! I thought his name is Mr. Jaydee. We all call him that, don't we?"

Mr Akin guffawed and said, "JD is only a short form of Jide, which is a yoruba name. Fiona, you are very funny."

"Oh my bad!" she exclaimed.

Fiona and Mr Akin were amazed when they discovered that the frontage of the school had been obstructed with vehicles of different forms. They had nowhere to park their car outside the school get, let alone inside. They had to manage to park it somewhere.

Fiona was shocked at what she saw as she stepped into the school: Placards of different sizes and shapes raised up in the air with different inscriptions such as Fiona we want, Peter we hate.' 'Bring Back Fiona' 'Peter Must Go' 'No Fiona No Exam!' 'Bring Back Our Teacher (BBOT).

Surprisingly, some parents were also raising up some of the placards with their children. It was indeed a funny sight to behold to Fiona who screamed, "What is this?"[/b]
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by buoye1(m): 9:05am On Oct 12, 2015
Celebrity over night?

I love this.... Nice one sammy
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
[b] CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

The students of MBC almost thronged Fiona when they spotted her. They were overjoyed to see their teacher again.

Bella was surprised to see Miss Fiona return to the school because she still assured her just that morning that she would definitely not come back to MBC.

"Bella, didn't you say that she won't come back?" John whispered.

"I'm surprised she did because she said she wouldn't."

"Thank your stars you didn't have the bet with me, Bella," John said and spanked her playfully.

Miss Fiona was led to the school auditorium, same place where she was sacked. They mobbed her like a celebrity as they walked towards the large hall, both the staff, students and their parents. The auditorium was soon filled up thay there was no space to contain them. Many people had to sit on the bare floor of the aisle to listen to what the celebrity upstage had to say.

"I'm happy to be here once again," Miss Fiona spoke into the microphone. "I feel loved here. You all proved it when I died and now again when I left and returned."

They screamed in joy.

"I have never been so honoured all my life...Anyway I have these words of advice for you all: do the best in whatever you do, because the best way to pass a test of life is to do your best. Leave a good mark in that hood you belong so that when you are gone, people in your neighbourhood will speak good of you. The good you do will count for you and the good you didn't do will count against you. Leave others in the best way they could be rather than leaving them in a worse condition. If you can't change people positively, don't change them negatively either. Live life to be loved by loving other people's lives. Impact life, don't compact it undully."

Fiona spoke motivationally for about thirty minutes and was being cheered up by the students of the school as we as their parents and the staff. Eventually, she said, "I honour this call because of the respect I have for everyone in MBC. But let me say this bitter truth: I am not returning to teach. But I bet you, everything will go on well."

The whole school went moody when she made the confession.

"Awwww!" they exclaimed.

"May I know who replaced me?" she demanded. She was informed that the man had just been sacked few hours back.

"Peter must be in his home at the moment. Such a very bad teacher," Mrs Onyeka said.

"What if we call him back and then I pass some instructions to him on how to handle these kids? He might do better than me in the long run," Fiona said but her speech was greeted with much contumelious yells:

"No! Impossible! Peter must Go! Fiona we want! BBOT!"

Some of the parents were also yelling with their children.

Fiona shook her head and said, "I wish to return but I won't, just because of some personal reasons. Please let me just...go..."
[/b]
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by buoye1(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hmm... Better for Fiona
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by rodhy(f): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
Fiona plz stay, plzzzzzz we r begging u embarassed
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by dherbee: 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]following....................
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
[b] While Fiona was busy rejecting to remain in MBC, someone was busy weeping at the corner of a the classroom of another school, wishing she could be a teacher at MBC. Her name was Mary, Fiona's schoolmate who was the best graduating student of her set.

Mary was equally very good at child mentoring. All her pupils loved her so much, but only two people hated her like a plague--the proprietor and the proprietress of the school where she was teaching.

Just five minutes back, Mrs Oro had just finished tearing her apart and leaving her in tears by pouring harsh insulting statements at her at length.

Mr Orochimaru (Oro for short), was in no way better than his wife in terms of addressing the teachers. They always took turn to visit the school everyday as if not coming to monitor the teachers at any particular day could make them lose the school to thieves who could come with a bulldozer to uproot their school building and drive away with it.

Mrs Orochimaru's days of visiting the school were Monday to Wednesday while Mr Orochimaru would be around from Thursday till Saturday. Then on Sunday, they would both be present to observe their worship service, though they were neither christians nor muslims.

Mr and Mrs Orochimaru were Japanese who were fortunate enough to set up a primary school at Ikeja. The school was named 'Orochimaru Montessori Gakkou(OMG). Funny enough, no one would hear the rules and regulations of the school without yelling 'Oh My God!' which abbreviation tantamounted to OMG, the name of the school.

At OMG, there were no break periods for teachers. Teachers had to teach some sets of external students who would only come into the school by break to learn and pay the school for the part-time teaching rendered. The teachers do not get extra pay for such service rendered. Little wonder teachers leave the school almost every week, forfeiting the extra days they would have done before eloping.

Another rule at OMG was that teachers were always on uniform Japanese attires from Monday to Friday. Only on Saturday was a teacher permitted to come to school in mufty. Saturday was always the busiest day of all, because the teachers closed by 6pm as opposed to the 4pm on other days.

All female teacher had to also comply with a uniform hairstyle week in week out. Such hairstyle would always be dictated by the senior prefect of the school according to the proprietress' instruction. Funny enough, the pupils could come to school in any hairstyle of their choices, unlike their teachers.

Another amazing rule that would make one scream 'Oh My God!' was that on the assembly ground, teachers had to form a queue beside the Basic Five students and partake fully in all the assembly routines like clapping, singing and praying just like every other pupil in the school. Then after the assembly, they had to march to the classes or staff rooms just like the students.

Teachers in OMG were not allowed to pick up private home lesson jobs. They must not do any other petty job alongside the school teaching. Also, teachers must always be present in school. No excuse whatsoever would be welcomed by the school authority for wanting to be absent in school for a day. Any teacher who had a wedding to attend on a Saturday should just know that the next place to go after the wedding reception would be his or her home to start preparing another CV.

One second lateness to school would mean a sack, as Mrs Orochimaru's eyes would be fixed at her watch as soon as 7am was around the corner. Lateness time for teachers began at 7:00:01am.

At OMG, all the teachers equally doubled as cleaners. The school authority had no cleaners at all, therefore all the teachers must be around as early as 7am to commence the cleaning, including washing of the toilets, cleaning the louvres and sweeping the floor.

Mr and Mrs Orochimaru also used their teachers as messengers, sending them errands from one place to the other during and after the school hour.

Funny enough, the school owners had more friends than enemies. Many of the policemen were their friends. They also had enough rich people as allies, so they had nothing to fear.

Mrs Orochimaru had arrested some of her teachers with the police several times just under the excuse that they shouted back at her while she was speaking. All the victims were males however.

As a matter of fact, OMG had no male teacher available anymore. No male teacher had ever spent up to a month in the school before either leaving or getting detained.

Mr and Mrs Orochimaru always regarded themselves as the first-class citizens of Nigeria while the Nigerians themselves were believed to be second-class citizens of their own country, Nigeria. Many rich people both on the island and the mainland wanted their children to attend OMG all because it was owned by Japanese, a foreigner. Even those who didn't send their children to the school would make sure they enrolled them for Saturday classes.

Mrs Orochimaru was fond of making fun of their teachers with her bad English. Hardly would a day pass without her telling someone, 'You is mad' or asking 'Is you stupid?'

Mr Orochimaru was even worse. His English could dry up the water in an ocean. Anytime he was angry with a staff, he would scream, 'Left my presence, you indiot!"

Mary clicked her Tecno Android phone to find out a particular word Mrs Orochimaru had just used to qualify her. She was used to checking them out on Google Translate each day. Mrs Orochimaru had called her 'Mazushī dorei!"

"She called me a poor slave?" Mary wept. "It is enough, I can't take it anymore."

Despite the fact that Mary had mentored all her pupils, helping them all to discover their talents, the school owners still treated her very badly. Hardly would a day pass without Mr or Mrs Orochimaru insulting her.

Mary agonised. This time around she felt like quitting. Under her breath she said, "Oh God, but I prayed that you should provide a better job for me before the end of this month. Now this month is only three days left, but no sign. What more should I do? This woman kept messing me up without doing her any wrong. Oh God I am tired of this life..."

Mrs Orochimaru suddenly came beside her and yelled at her.

"Is you not teach?" she spoke in her Japanese accent.

"What have I done again?" Mary said, sniffing. The whole pupils were looking at the drama.

"Shut up mouth you!" the woman screamed at her. "If you go, no money. You want sack?"

Mary did not reply her. Just then her phone rang and she picked it and listened. Her eyes expressed shock as her eyelids went up. Mrs Orochimaru was angry. She slapped her face and the phone fell off and scattered on the floor. She began to pick up the pieces. Her phone screen had broken such that she could not see anything displayed on it.

"You pick call when me is talk with you?" the woman spoke. "Mazushī dorei!"

"You are a Mazushī dorei too!" Mary yelled in anger. The woman was enraged as she tried to grab her and give her the beating of her life, but she escaped by a whisker and rushed out of the school compound before the security men would obstruct her.[/b]
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
dherbee:
[color=#990000][/color]following....................
U're welcome
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by kwencypresh(f): 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
Wat a stupid skul
OMG?
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by dammygoody(m): 10:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
Really!!!!, what a nice documentary on a school cheesy OMG? teachers marching to their classes, Oh my God!!! grin unbelievable!!! Mr & Mrs Oro....?what a name grin
Well done Chief genius!!!!
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
[b] Fiona had assured MBC that a better teacher was coming. She had adjured them all to be patient for the arrival of the person in question.

"She is better than me. You will like her when you see her. Please just remain calm. I have called her. She would be here soon."

Fiona had dialled Mary's phone to tell her to start coming to MBC immediately. Mary was not sure of the reason why Fiona had asked her to come, because as a matter of fact, she didn't expect Fiona to be in MBC herself since she had been sacked some days back.

If only the wicked proprietress called Oro hadn't made the phone to fall off her grip, she would have asked Fiona some further questions to know what she was doing at MBC where she had left and also to know why she had to go there herself.

Mary hit her phone against her palm as it rang and rang over and over again without being able to pick it up, since the screen had damaged. Mary was frustrated.

"But I prayed this morning before leaving home, why are all these happening to me?" she lamented. When she thought of her 28-day labour at OMG that would now go without pay, she yelled "Oh My God!"

Fiona kept on calling but her friend wasn't picking up the call anymore. She sent her a text message but there was no response from the other end. Fiona was tensed.

"Em...ladies and gentlemen, I have been calling my friend but she isn't picking her call. I think I will now take my leave and come with her tomorrow. I promise I won't fail you. Mary is good; better than me. I'm sorry I have to leave now."

"No! no! You can't leave! Bring Back Our Teacher!" they screamed.

A parent collected the microphone and spoke, "Fiona you won't leave here without us seeing that friend of yours in question. What do you want me to tell Christian, my sick son dying of nostalgia at home?"

"But madam, my job is at risk over there. I didn't take permission from the management for God's sake."

"I will personally pay your salary, Fiona!" the woman spoke critically. "How much, #200,000? I will pay you, just stay here for my child's sake if not for anyone else' sake."

Fiona was tempted to remain, but Frank's instruction came back to her mind.

"I--I am s-sorry I can't..."

"Fiona!" a familiar voice screamed from among the crowd. It was Mary.[/b]
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by Ibukunholuwa(f): 11:07am On Oct 13, 2015
Mary wil make a gud teacher nd all will be well.Gud of u dat u rememba ur friend,fiona
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by Pukka36(f): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
OMG!!!

Wowshockedshocked
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by dherbee: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
OMG!!!
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by Essyprity(f): 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmmmmm! I wonder what's cooking for Bella. Mary,welcome to d show. Oga Sammy idi ok!
Re: Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story by SammyO4real: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2015
[b] "Fiona, what are you doing here again?" Mary said in shock.

Everyone stared at Mary who had already walked towards the stage. Her outlook was strange to all. She was putting on a red kimono, a Japanese woman type of dressing. Such was the dressing for Mondays. Her hairstyle was a kamimado, covering up her face. She had to keep on brushing them off her eyes every now and then.

"Mary, you are here! A job is here for you," Fiona said excitedly.

"Can a black Asian have anything to offer?" someone shouted from the crowd. Fiona defended her friend, telling them she was not an Asian. Mary spoke for herself in her usual phonetically-oriented accent:

"I forgot I was still in this slavery attire of Orochimaru Montessori Gakkou, the school where I thought. It was for the urgency of the call from Fiona, else I would have pulled this off before coming. Anyway, I won't put them on anymore. I don't know what's happening here but it has always been my long-time wish to be a teacher in MBC here. I am ready to work at the optimum level here, develop talents and help the school according to my capacity. I promise not to disappoint you. I am Mary Osaze."

The proprietor was impressed. He loved her accent, just like Miss Fiona's.

Mary was endorsed by the proprietor to replace Fiona, even though she didn't present any CV. She was only employed by recommendation. However, it took a lot of persuasions from the proprietor before the students could let Fiona go. Some of them wept.

Obviously, the examination would not hold that day, since many of the students had not prepared for it. The school authority decided to postpone the date of commencement of the examination by a week.

Miss Fiona's Send-forth party was fixed for the last day of examination. She would be celebrated by her students that day.

Bella remembered to spank John and said, "John, didn't you say that she will come back to MBC? Thank your stars I didn't have that bet with you." John was speechless.

When Fiona was departing, she instructed Mary on what to do and her speech were recorded:

"Mary, teach my kids in the best way you can. Treat them like kings and queens because that's what they are and don't spoil them. Teach my kids to believe that there is one treasure in them which they have not explored. Teach them to know God as much as they know their own parents. Teach them to know that the highest altitude could be climbed with the right attitude. Teach them to think like some great inventors. Teach my kids to turn deaf ears to their weaknesses and strengthen their strong points. Teach them to set goals and go get them. Teach them to set targets and go get them. Teach them to know that their are hidden treasures in books and only the readers and not just the owners of the book, get the treasures. Teach them to violate the rule of normalcy and do extra-ordinary things. Teach them to overcome their shyness. Teach them to love..."

Fiona broke into tears midway her wordy talks. She would miss MBC a lot.

Miss Fiona called out Bella and handed her over to Mary.

"Mary, here is Bella Benson. She was the last talent I discovered at MBC. Please pay quality attention to her and make sure she improves her talent. Through her was I raised from the dead..."

Fiona could no more hold back her emotions. She was being led away by some of the female staff. They would miss her too.

The examination at MBC commenced on the 5th of July as it was rescheduled. Mary had commenced revision classes with the students as earlier scheduled. They equally enjoyed her teaching methods. Mary had taught from Tuesday to Friday preceeding the examination date and had also promised to teach them on Saturday(since she was used to doing that at OMG) but surprisingly, she was absent and her students were worried. They were even more worried when they didn't see her in school on Monday, which was the commencement of examination.

"What could have happened to Miss Mary?" everyone asked one another without anyone to give an answer.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

*****SCENARIO 75***** / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore / The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.