Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,178 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? (42103 Views)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 900k / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 500k? / Going For Masters Abroad!! Which Country Is Easy & Less Expensive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by pansophist(m): 9:43am On Sep 22, 2015
Dondav:

You must be a drug dealer.....

Ignorance mixed with stupidity is bad recipe, not surprised. Farewell undecided
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by chachanga: 9:44am On Sep 22, 2015
Pronmix:
Canada!!

Hailing In Lagbaja's format "Wa Sere Omo!"

Canada all the way!

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by zopaks: 9:44am On Sep 22, 2015
olamilian:
I no add you ooo ogbeni
OK no problem hajiya
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by gemick(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2015
amzee:
I guess you must have heared of people whether family members,friends or neighbour discuss about their sojourn in a foreign land.It may be holiday,visit or excursion and you are interested in travelling to abroad.
Share with us which country would you love to travel to and have you travelled out of the shores of Nigeria before?
As for me I've travelled to Niger Republic before for a football competition.

KENYA
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by SirLegal(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2015
Certainly, i will prefer the most city in the world in a nice country..... Paris,France.

Can't wait to see the Eiffel tower.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Bomzee4u2c(m): 9:55am On Sep 22, 2015
UAE
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Ghost01(m): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2015
Norway

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by sparkleice(f): 10:01am On Sep 22, 2015
Canada,Texas & Chicago
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by whothiefmymoney(m): 10:02am On Sep 22, 2015
Atmmachine:
I live in America but i must confess, there's no place like Nigeria.
If i can get a job that pays like the one i have in America, I will be in Nigeria the next day.

Nigeria is the best country on earth.
People who lives in Nigeria may not understand this till you move to that country you think is the best.
when last mosquito prevent from sleepin?

Have you been sick and 3hours after getting to any hospital you are still yet to be attended to?

When last did you decide to go to somewhere and on ur way your car got spoit cos of flood and potholes

Do you have kids? If yes do you have to bribe your way for them to be admitted into the university even when they merit it?

Can you stay 3days without electricity and sometimes no hope of getting fuel to run ur generator due to scacity?

Thank your stars you are already there and even have a good job....you lucky bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Bollinger(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2015
Qc1:

I be like say you be that my brother-in law wey dey drive cabby for Sheridan North-side Chicago? grin grin grin

Truth be told. I did drive a cab for a while. Good money but not great.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2015
canada or brazil.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2015
Korea
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by hob(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2015
never been out of the country,but if i am to stay in another country

It ll be one of those small island...like Luxembourg
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2015
Atmmachine:

Is UK a country ??
what is it? a continent?

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Ifyjuli25(f): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2015
Switzerland oh how I love thee.... Japan... Canada.......
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Oga, Switzerland Visa hard die to get ooo... The rarely issue visa to people, esp non-diplomatic Africans..

Anybody wey wan go any western country, Pls Pls- MAKE SURE YOU COME IN "LEGALLY" I repeat "LEGALLY"....if u enter illegally, u are on ur own oo...u go suffer die!!
true matter. Them don clear me.

But i guess this thread is premised on 'ceteris paribus', all other things being equal that is. All other things being equal which includes visa hitches and sundry other incubi, switzerland ranks next to Denmark in the scale of my preferred countries to live in. I love the place and the swiss denizens in spades. Even if i don't get to share in the chunk of their welfare packages, living with one of the happiest people on earth will sure make life tasteful.

If one's life can be hewed short by living around the miseries of others as given flesh to in one of the laws of 48 laws of power, then ones life can be prolonged from the happiness of others.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by shizzy7(f): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2015
Malakh:
you'd believe but it would be too late
You're talking about Rapture.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Mcowubaba: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2015
Epaul:
true matter. Them don clear me.

But i guess this thread is premised on 'ceteris paribus', all other things being equal that is. All other things being equal which includes visa hitches and sundry other incubi, switzerland ranks next to Denmark in the scale of my preferred countries to live in. I love the place and the swiss denizens in spades. Even if i don't get to share in the chunk of their welfare packages, living with one of the happiest people on earth will sure make life tasteful.

If one's life can be hewed short by living around the miseries of others as given flesh to in one of the laws of 48 laws of power, then ones life can be prolonged from the happiness of others.

Suce$$ sir in ur endeavours
Gudluck..
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by shizzy7(f): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2015
daddysprincess:
no my dad already have 20 wives what we nEed now is house maid
I'll pretend like I didn't see your last statement....
Your dad already has enough women So I'll leave him alone,, What of your brother(s)??
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 22, 2015
Ethnicity is not a big issue here in Nigeria... in real life you only see it in civil service... outside that it is not an issue... my close friends are isoko, urhobo and ibo... while i am yoruba.

Nairaland ethnic/tribal arguments are not a reflection of real life in Nigeria.

DDoubleUps:
and you are telling me that the racism in these countries is worst than the ethnicity in Nigeria or even here in nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by daddysprincess(f): 10:31am On Sep 22, 2015
shizzy7:
I'll pretend like I didn't see your last statement....
Your dad already has enough women So I'll leave him alone,, What of your brother(s)??
am the only child
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by shizzy7(f): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2015
daddysprincess:
am the only child
I don Katch you..

Oya what about your Stepbrothers at least out of those 20 wives your Dad married,, one would give birth to a boy..
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by bigass123(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2015
You sure say.. No be you born ahm??
preciousMI1:

you sound like I gave birth to you... grin grin
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Bruno3000(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2015
SmartMugu:

What happens after getting your US citizenship?
I know tonnes of people who already became US citizens and can't even use their US passports for anything. They are simply buried in their bills to think of traveling anywhere.
All they can brag about is being a US citizen, which is crap when they are stuck with working for 35-40 years in someone else's country.
They eventually return to Nigeria waiting for their social security checks and possibly be buried in their motherland when they eventually die. Many of them never own anything in Nigeria, yet their nephews and nieces own homes they built. In return, the returnees will brag again about the huge homes they have in the US, technically owned by the US banks for the 35 year mortgage they agreed to.

#10 is just the beginning of the journey bro. All the homeless people we see in the US no be US citizens? It could have being from their choices though.

Those that diligently went through the steps you highlighted to become US citizens and end up with good jobs still know modern-day slavery when they see it. They just don't complain because their home country aint any better.

You may be new to the US or just don't get the full picture yet...

I live in the US too, and I do have US citizenship as well, I just look at a bigger picture than what the system attempts to make me think.
There is really no where like home, let's keep that on our minds before getting in too deep into what the system wants us to be.
u've got genuine wisdom... May God bless ur hustle

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2015
Gods own country or canada
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by bigass123(m): 10:58am On Sep 22, 2015
Wow.. So, Texas and Chicago are great countries huh? grin

sparkleice:
Canada,Texas & Chicago

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by chineloSA(f): 10:58am On Sep 22, 2015
yetunsbay:
Saudi Arabia

Eeeeeuuuuwww.
Are you aware that you can't be a citizen here even if you can live here for 100yrs?

Are you aware that your wife and daughters will always be covered in black abayas and niqqab whenever they go out?

Are you are ware that even if you are Muslims, Saudis still treat you like......

Are you aware of their harsh justice system?

Are you aware that here you can't even great your female hommie in public just like that?

Are you aware that you can't even laugh out loud ( LOL ) because loudness is unacceptable, let alone run?

All the best.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by IGBOPRINCE: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2015
austinbrown:
Biafra
bia you ve spoken my mind,
I will rather prefare biafra than to live in niger,benin.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by austinbrown: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
bia you ve spoken my mind,
I will rather prefare biafra than to live in niger,benin.
nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by justwise(m): 11:06am On Sep 22, 2015
SmartMugu:

What happens after getting your US citizenship?
I know tonnes of people who already became US citizens and can't even use their US passports for anything. They are simply buried in their bills to think of traveling anywhere.
All they can brag about is being a US citizen, which is crap when they are stuck with working for 35-40 years in someone else's country.
They eventually return to Nigeria waiting for their social security checks and possibly be buried in their motherland when they eventually die. Many of them never own anything in Nigeria, yet their nephews and nieces own homes they built. In return, the returnees will brag again about the huge homes they have in the US, technically owned by the US banks for the 35 year mortgage they agreed to.

#10 is just the beginning of the journey bro. All the homeless people we see in the US no be US citizens? It could have being from their choices though.

Those that diligently went through the steps you highlighted to become US citizens and end up with good jobs still know modern-day slavery when they see it. They just don't complain because their home country aint any better.

You may be new to the US or just don't get the full picture yet...

I live in the US too, and I do have US citizenship as well, I just look at a bigger picture than what the system attempts to make me think.
There is really no where like home, let's keep that on our minds before getting in too deep into what the system wants us to be.

When are you moving back to Nigeria?
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by kazzi11(m): 11:08am On Sep 22, 2015
Ireland or New Zealand.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by fejikudz(m): 11:11am On Sep 22, 2015
England or Seychelles

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car / 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos / Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.