Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? (42249 Views)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 900k / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 500k? / Going For Masters Abroad!! Which Country Is Easy & Less Expensive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2015
whothiefmymoney:
when last mosquito prevent from sleepin?

Have you been sick and 3hours after getting to any hospital you are still yet to be attended to?

When last did you decide to go to somewhere and on ur way your car got spoit cos of flood and potholes

Do you have kids? If yes do you have to bribe your way for them to be admitted into the university even when they merit it?

Can you stay 3days without electricity and sometimes no hope of getting fuel to run ur generator due to scacity?

Thank your stars you are already there and even have a good job....you lucky bro
Nigeria is not a country any well-read, wide-travelled person would prefer to live in. It is not so much a matter of being patriotic as it is a matter of calling a spade a spade. Even those steering the affairs of the Nigeria state do not have a limp belief in it. Cases abound to that effect. The flash-point of Sen. Godswill Akpabio preferring a foreign hospital to his state hospital which he personally built with an extortionate sum is a clear pointer to that claim.

Often times, i'm tempted to agree with Nnamdi kanu when he opined that Nigeria is akin to a 'zoo'. A zoo here meaning a jungle rifed with plethora of unsavoury hurdles that stifle the growth, talent and ingenuity of her citizens where life is not only primitive, brutish and short but also where nothing seems to work ranging from the political to the educational strata. And that is true of the Nigeria state. The fact that we are honest enough to fess up that if you can survive in Nigeria, you can survive in any part of the world is a proof to the fact that Nigeria smothers the potential of her citizens. I remember recently turning in a research work in my school on constitutional law in which I proferred a few alteration on the constitution and undepinned it with plausible reasons and sufficient evidence. My lecturer simply patted me on the shoulder, flattered me with flowery words and told me not to fritter away my time on 'trifling things' but to focus on passing my exams and consolidating on my grades, that "who knows the faculty might retain me if i maintain my current grades". That's the country somebody is saying one should be glad living in!
I prefer a country where i'm heavily taxed, have my potential fully utilised and enjoy basic amenities such as electricity, health etc to a country where i can invade tax and i'm little more a peter pan whose potential is stifled on all sides, who is denied of simple amenities.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by BluntlyMe: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2015
CANADA it is.. smiley

Please for those of you in diaspora, what would you advice someone coming from Nigeria to bring? (Essentials)??

Any other general advice?

Nigeria is a cool country but until we start paying taxes and bills like the U.S.,CANADA, etc. We might still be stuck in same position.

Also, until we start paying to a government that truly wants to take Nigeria to greater heights and not loot Nigeria, then we will be stuck.

Most importantly, until the government starts using our taxes for the good and only the good of the country, we won't just move!

One Nigeria.❤️

4 Likes

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Kemzievictor(m): 11:19am On Sep 22, 2015
Na Australia sure pass
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Badbreathcure81(m): 11:22am On Sep 22, 2015
dondemex:
lol...is it that bad?
u wouldn't know until you have gone out! wink
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by BluntlyMe: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2015
Epaul, you just took the words out of my mouth!!!
I prefer a country where I'm heavily taxed and I'm seeing and enjoying the benefits!
True that..!
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Bollinger(m): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2015
Qc1:

Dude!

Homeboy was 100% right! Before you doubt my claim, I lived in Staten Island NY. Park Hill (NY 10306) to be precise. I had a house on Wright street / Van Duzar, not far from Stapleton (NY 10305). I moved to Canada about 2 decades ago and I'm loving it.

Unlike homeboy, If I can get just 40% of my salary gross in Naija, I will forever be happy. Why? Because Naija is the best place to live! Pure and simple!

Best at what? I'm confused. Someone please define best for me because the way the word is being thrown around here utterly quashes my traditional understanding of the word.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Nigeria is NOT an option!
Tufiaaaaakwa!!!!! cry

The GREATEST USA ONLY!!!!! cool
lmao i lived in the usa for 2 years. trust me the grass isnt always greener. they have problems there too even though they might seem perfect
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2015
The UK because of their free health care and amazing education and benefits system. However, theres no place like home. If they could improve just the security in Nigeria, I would live there despite all odds

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Bollinger(m): 11:30am On Sep 22, 2015
MissGdope:

lmao i lived in the usa for 2 years. trust me the grass isnt always greener. they have problems there too even though they might seem perfect

Ain't know country without problems. But, there are problems and there are PROBLEMS. i'd rather face the problems in the U.S, than the PROBLEMS in Nigeria. At least the problems in America has some measure of solutions.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Malakh: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2015
shizzy7:
You're talking about Rapture.
i'm talking about in less than 3 years, dont even try to figure it out just watch your news
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by 4stylz: 11:36am On Sep 22, 2015
teeowl:
Ethnicity is not a big issue here in Nigeria... in real life you only see it in civil service... outside that it is not an issue... my close friends are isoko, urhobo and ibo... while i am yoruba.

Nairaland ethnic/tribal arguments are not a reflection of real life in Nigeria.

On point, enthinicy is only seen online here and with civil service; outside that it's all love.

I live in lagos; and I have igbos; Yoruba, Benin, isoko as friends, we dont have any problem, in fact we see beyond our tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by 4stylz: 11:37am On Sep 22, 2015
teeowl:
Ethnicity is not a big issue here in Nigeria... in real life you only see it in civil service... outside that it is not an issue... my close friends are isoko, urhobo and ibo... while i am yoruba.

Nairaland ethnic/tribal arguments are not a reflection of real life in Nigeria.

On point, enthinicy is only seen online here and with civil service; outside that it's all love.

I live in lagos; and I have igbos; Yoruba, Benin, isoko as friends, we dont have any problem, in fact we see beyond our tribe

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 22, 2015
Bollinger:

Ain't know country without problems. But, there are problems and there are PROBLEMS. i'd rather face the problems in the U.S, than the PROBLEMS in Nigeria. At least the problems in America has some measure of solutions.
your call
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by broxymall(m): 11:42am On Sep 22, 2015
MadCow1:

Casio wey you dey sell... Real or ?
are there fake Casio?
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by yetunsbay(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2015
chineloSA:

Eeeeeuuuuwww.
Are you aware that you can't be a citizen here even if you can live here for 100yrs?

Are you aware that your wife and daughters will always be covered in black abayas and niqqab whenever they go out?

Are you are ware that even if you are Muslims, Saudis still treat you like......

Are you aware of their harsh justice system?

Are you aware that here you can't even great your female hommie in public just like that?

Are you aware that you can't even laugh out loud ( LOL ) because loudness is unacceptable, let alone run?

All the best.
Awared and more than awared. At least I wouldn't be hearing about gay/lesbian & other immoral acts
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 22, 2015
Qc1:

Wow! I say a big Amen to your prayers.

BTY, I'm a Canadian citizen and in desperate need of advice because I'm relocating to Lagos.

Any help?

Relocating to lagos?? shocked shocked.....pls why don't u help me come to canada and I ll gladly help you cum to lagos.... cry cry......I have help ooo...Pele sef jst let's exchange....i will give u lagos citizen and u u will give me ur Canadian citizenship
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Bollinger(m): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2015
MissGdope:

your call

Hell yeah it is.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 22, 2015
Canada or US my dear country.....but after schooling there I can cum back to my home land...all of u shouting nigeria is great, great how abt our education system!!....the textbook my elder sister used in school is used thru my siblings and passed down to me the last born...

Talk to jamb how many of Una don write jamb reach 10times....nigeria is great but Nigerians are bad....na the pple dey spoil the country grin
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Qc1(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2015
zaragal:

Relocating to lagos?? shocked shocked.....pls why don't u help me come to canada and I ll gladly help you cum to lagos.... cry cry......I have help ooo...Pele sef jst let's exchange....i will give u lagos citizen and u u will give me ur Canadian citizenship

What do you need?
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2015
Qc1:

What you you need?

Pm me...
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 22, 2015
Bollinger:

Hell yeah it is.
good for you bro. smiley
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by chineloSA(f): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2015
yetunsbay:
Awared and more than awared. At least I wouldn't be hearing about gay/lesbian & other immoral acts

You got it all wrong. Plenty gays an lesbians here. Its just that they don't do it publicly. At the University where I teach, alot of us have witnessed it. And were told to turn a blind eye to it.
Recently we have been stopped from wearing pants inside the school premises, because apparently the students lust our bodies. We only wear skirts under Abaya. How trashy can it get.

You are deceving yourself If you think immoral things are not here. Live here and witness more.

Employers raping foreign househelps.
Son of employers raping househelps.
Saudi men lusting for foreign woman under Abayas.
Employers failing to pay foreign workers.
Girls married at the young age.
Africans, other Arabs and Indians treated like rubbish.

Ask yourself, why don't the Syrians run to Saudi Arabia for refuge since they have common religion.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 22, 2015
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 22, 2015
BluntlyMe:
Epaul, you just took the words out of my mouth!!!
I prefer a country where I'm heavily taxed and I'm seeing and enjoying the benefits!
True that..!
Good to know someone shares similar sentiments.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Bollinger(m): 11:57am On Sep 22, 2015
MissGdope:

good for you bro. smiley

Roger that.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by yetunsbay(m): 11:58am On Sep 22, 2015
chineloSA:

You got it all wrong. Plenty gays an lesbians here. Its just that they don't do it publicly. At the University where I teach, alot of us have witnessed it. And were told to turn a blind eye to it.
Recently we have been stopped from wearing pants inside the school premises, because apparently the students lust our bodies.

You are deceing yourself I you think immoral things are not here. Live here and witness more.
then you need more findings about Saudi. pls do
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by 2kris(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2015
pansophist:
I will prefer some exotic countries in South America or Africa. Western life don tired me jare. In a preferential order, I'll go with Brazil, Bahamas, South Africa, Panama.
hw u take enter my mind
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by bayocanny: 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
If u like let buhari rule us for centuries I will soon port to yankee I have so much confidence in God that he will make a way for me this year

America here I come
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by chineloSA(f): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
yetunsbay:
then you need more findings about Saudi. pls do

Which findings are you refering to, when I live in Saudi Arabia?

What I am talking about is no hear say.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by KanwuliaJara: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
MissGdope:

This is not the topic of THIS thread. wink

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by raphy(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
dondemex:
the Only country in that list is canada...talking from experience.
wadup pal! Wht do canada hv tht is so special?is it cuz they speak french?
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by NemzySeries(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2015
Brazil(Rio)
Barbados
Qatar
Ethiopia
Kenya
......I jst want a country wit gud geographical setting,nice economy & averagely affordable to live in

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Kano Is Beautiful (See Pictures) / Lagos Conductor Wearing Suit And Tie / Man Raises Concern Over Cracked Basement Pillar At The Lagos Airport (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.