Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parentstell Their Children - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parentstell Their Children (1116 Views)

10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Top Lies Nigerian Guys Tell...(see Photo) / 10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parentstell Their Children by greatbalesh(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
[img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/74487967_74482092-600x338.jpg[/img]

Nigerian parents are very smart. They tell lies stories to get their children on the obedience path or to look really good in their eyes. Children on the other hand are inquisitive and gullible.

Perfect recipe right? Here are some of the common lies Nigerian parents tell their children:

1. If you tell me the truth, I won’t touch you You tell them and then get the beating of your life.

2. I will buy you a bicycle if you come first in class When you get that first position they will remind you of everything they bought you since you were born.

3. Lend me money, I will give you back Any attempt to ask for the money will lead to you hearing the story of your life. Again.

4. Bring me any problem, I will solve it for you. Give them a hard problem to solve and they will give you different excuses or they will blame your teacher for not teaching you well.

5. Don’t play with boys or you will get pregnant: This is so hilarious and common. Most Nigerian parents tell their female children this lie to prevent them from ‘danger’.

6. Tell the person at the door I am not at home: “My daddy said I should tell you that he is not at home” usually gives away the lie to the visitor.

7. If you work hard, you will get a gift from ‘Father Christmas’ American movies and this lie have made some Nigerian kids wait to receive gift at their doorstep at Christmas but it never happens.

8. I have counted all the meat and one is missing Some mothers tell this one to catch an unsuspecting ‘soup raider’.

9. When I was your age I always came first If every parent came first, who came second?

10. When I was your age, I sponsored myself through school Which school? Where is the certificate? But again wasn’t education free back in the day?
- See more at: http://mynewsarena..com/2015/09/10-of-most-common-lies-nigerian.html#sthash.9BH65yMB.dpuf

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parentstell Their Children by ladyF(f): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lol....I'll tell my kids lie no. 9 grin I have to hide my results very well sha, if they ever see it cry
Re: 10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parentstell Their Children by Imortal001: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
2. Using that method to ginja our performance!
Re: 10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parentstell Their Children by ericessien24: 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Funny and true
Re: 10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parentstell Their Children by kiddkash(m): 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
my mama wan kill me because of number 6

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Letter Between A Student And His School Principal / Photo: How Dasuki Allocated Stolen Billions!!! / See How The Sun Looks (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.