Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? (24304 Views)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by RareDiamond: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
THIS IS A BOKO HARAMIC HAUSA BOY, AN IGNORANT AB0KI !!!

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ymodulus: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
@ kaboninc

They are not igbos. Below is a detailed answer.

[size=13pt]The Language Deception; The Biafran Struggle - The Games of Numbers, Pity, Size, Emotions and Lies. [/size]

Delta Igbo's - Ukwani , Asaba , IBusa , Ugwashi Ukwu , Agbor are not Igbos. Please Igbos stop the misinformation.

6 July 1967 , 14:05 first gun shot was fired, the sound produced to many might be interpreted in different coins, but reality check is it has only one coin. The shot signified the start of a civil war by a supposed Rebelist grouo as they are called, whose motive or agenda is their suppose "freedom and sovereignty ". While the war has come and gone, the happenings of the event has left a sad mark of regrets, bitterness, hatred, Lessons has been learnt, stories have been told, though these stories all have added ingredients to various levels. But truth still has it, the Rebels started the war and the gallant great soldiers of the Federal republic of Nigeria ended the war.

History are of no doubt much relevance as they have a big way of impacting our tomorrow decisions. Prior to the Biafran War, there was no disparity or Igbocism known as " Delta Igbos or River igbos" until the war started, and even while the war has come and gone. Prior to the war, Delta Igbos or River igbos are known as Bendel. However in a bid to brainwash the innocent Nigerians into fighting a war they Igbos brought the term known as Delta -Igbo

Today, there is a recent wake in the struggle of so-called Biafra and in this sensitisations by biafran freedom fighters (so the call themselves), there have been a deliberate misinformation and deception that the Delta - River Igbos are Igbos and as such, should fight for the actualization of Biafra. This deception has been so-reciprocated that the geneology of the Deltans and River Igbos have been changed by the Easterners. It is against this backdrop that this article was written.

Aim of Article is to sensitize Delta - River Igbos, that they are not Igbos and should never accept when to be called one or accept to be used as a tool by rebels to achieve / further their aims and agendas.

An Act of impunity irony, it is that the same people who are fighting for injustice melted on them in non actualization of Biafra, are deliberately and consciously trying to force others who they don't recognize as their own to join their struggle. Series of actions have been seen, which shows that the delta and river igbos are not igbos, however a few is listed below. Note the list is limited but not exhaustive.

1. The Rejection

The people of Anioma has been rejected today as igbo, they are even considered by the as “fake Igbos” who cannot speak Igbo properly, and this rejection has continued till date. Some other rejection events can been seen below
In 2007 prelude to the elections. Prof. Pat Utomi (from Ibusa – Delta State), wife solicited the support of the OHANEZE GROUP for her husband presidential ambition. Chief Orji Uzor Kalu also went to solicit for his too. Sadly, he (Pat Utomi) was rejected by the OHANEZE ELDERS. Some reports from Nigerian dailies hankered abject adroitly: “Is he really a proper Igbo man? Look at him; he cannot even speak Igbo properly.” Others even insinuated that his name did not sound Igbo. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I couldn’t believe what I was reading from prominent Igbo citizens. Instead of asking the two candidates to present their programmes and manifestoes, they were busy hankering on whether one of them is a “proper Igbo” or not. I was shocked of words. If any Igbo person does not know the meaning of Utomi, then that person should take a suicidal dive into the river Niger.” Interestingly, Pat Utomi is a member of Ohaneze Ndiigbo.

The appointment of Sir Mike Okiro as the Inspector General of Police is another case of rejection by the igbos. South Eastern Igbos, rejected Sir Mike Okiro in exchange for Ogbonnaya Onovo. This they did on the premise that, Onovo was an Igbo man. Also citing, the presidency act as a deliberate one to marginalize the Igbos, preventing them, from occupying such a sensitive position.
What does this makes Mike Okiro? A tribeless person or an outcast?

2. SELF SELECTION
Power and success they say attracts friends, people. This is evident in the igbos way of life. The igbos only consider the Anioma people of Delta state as Igbos when such a person has achieved enviable marks or for their selfish interest in their suppose struggle for a Non-Existent Biafra.
The igbos are always quick to say that people like Jay Jay Okocha, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Sunday Oliseh, Kingsley Obodo, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Sebastian Adigwe, Francis Atuche, Nuel Ojei, Peter Okocha, Sunny Odogwu and a host of other super stars who all hail from Delta State, along with notable ones from Rivers State like Chioma Ajunwa, Comdedian Julius Agwu to mention a few, are igbos.
The Igbos acception of Paul Dike's ascension as Defence Chief was one case of self selection.

3. NO SYMPATHY.
In matters that require external support, South Easternerns are non sympathetic to the cause of the Delta State - Anioma or River State – Ikwere speaking Igbo zone. An epitome example was during the clamor to create Anioma State out of Delta State. Regardless of the benefits this will have for the Igbos (in times of election, 2-3rd rule of constitution), little seems to be done by the governors of the Igbo states or even the Ohanaeze in this regard. Infact the Ohaneze group in 2007 Openly said the creation of Anioma state will lead to more state for the South-South and claim it was a propaganda by the Yorubas to have more power.
The question is how? Do the Ohaneze read maps? Are Ohaneze elders educated? Why should someone say the creation of Anioma is propaganda by the Yorubas? Is this a statement accepting the fact that Deltans are Yorubas?

4. POLICTICAL AND GEOGRAPHICAL
Delta and River state igbos are not in the east. So should not be called eastern. Politically and geographically, they are not in the east. It is the same with Yorubas in Benin Republic. They do not look up to Western Nigeria in political matters.

You see the river Niger? It separates Deltans from the igbos. Its a natural demarcation of boundary. Easterners take Note. See picture Below:

5. Ethnicity / Name / Linguistic

Aniocha, Ukwani, Asaba, Ibusa People are not igbos. They are ethnic group speaking a language that is linguistically similar to Igbo language. Something makes Umu- igbo sees themselves as always superior. Igbo, Delta igbos, Ukwuani, Ekpeye, Ogba & Ikwerre are familiar tribes. Let everyone respect each other instead of claiming the territories of one another. The greediest among these tribes is Igbo.

All over the world we have distinct tribes with similar language and no one claims that the other person is answering his name so he must be Igbo.

Spanish and Portuguese – they both answer names like Diego, Jose, Fernando but the Portuguese man doesn’t wake up to tell the Spanish man that you are answering my name and you are Portuguese. When a Portuguese man answers Rodriguez it’s a portugese name similarly when a Spanish man answers Rodriguez it becomes a Spanish name. NO ONE OWNS THE NAME.

Uhrobo and Isoko – They both answer names like Afoke, Oghene.
Bini, Esan, Etsako – They are also different languages. I don’t mean dialects
Eleme and Ogoni – Some similar names but again different language and no one claims the other.
Ukwuani ,Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ogba, and Igbo language – Big problem because the Igbo’s say we are answering their names but let me point out that if an Igbo man answers Chukwu it’s an Igbo name, If an Ukwuani man answers Chukwu it becomes an Ukwuani name similarly when an ikwerre man answers Chukwu its now an Ikwerre name.
Itsekiri and Yoruba language – they also have same problems with Yoruba’s but let them speak for themselves.

6. ORIGIN / LINEAGE.

Both the eka and agbor have always had their culture guarded strongly in the face of oppositions, Delta Igbo people know where they come from and are proud of their origin , they have a long history of kingship and culture that is why many people will not let them be. New it is not, for a tribe to have two or more ancestory e.g take itshekiri, they have both benin and yoruba ancestory , but that does not make them benin or yoruba, today they are know as itshekiris .

The people of Delta Igbos should not be drawn into arguments with those who do not know their history and who do not know their culture and whose sole arguements rely on nearness of language as a proof of where a people come from. An historian knows that due to migrations, trade and other factors there can be change in language.

I laugh hysterically at igbos, when they say agbohs are igbos. Let me clear this misunderstanding. First can do you know what the term 'agbor' means in igbo language ?

History has it, that agbor was called ogungunagbon or agbon , which means earth in benin language and the british changed it to agbor in 1906. Most eka, agbor, anioma , ukwani , ibusa, ugwashi ukwu were benin princes and people from ishan land in ancient times and later other groups of migrants came from igboland, some from yorubaland e.t.c. They dress like binis, maintain same dances like okangan, ojerimas and oje like binis. Their traditional gods are same as theirs like ovia, uhunmwunde, idigun, olokun etc.

Chieftancy titles in Agbor are same as ihondor, ologbosere, ihama, obaseki, ihondor, benin and so on. Towns are divided into three ( ebon, idumu and oge) and Language spoken are two ( ozara and ika , ozara is edoid while ika is a mix of bini and igbo). There are still titles that if you want to take in some villages in agbor today, you must go to benin , where the original founder came from to collect things and receive blessings of approval. It will interest you knowing that all ika and agbor kings are benin princes and the present dein of agbor is same royal blood family with the omonoba of benin. However all these do not the agbor binis or igbos but Deltans who know their ancestral origin.

It is good for people to consult natives of a place and ask them of their history , before the write on it. Anioma is a big place , i know the igbo language plays a part in anioma history, but not all aniomas migrated from igboland and their are about 11 languages spoken there like ozara, ika, olokumi ( old yoruba), igalla, aboh, etc . that is the reason why no proper ika man will join any group like ohaneze, Agbor have their own group called the ika group, and they support anioma people.

At this juncture it is important to state that the delta people have cultural afinities and that people of asaba, oshimili, ogwashi, ubulu-uku , ukwani, agbor should not be termed igbos.

CONCLUSION
One danger in the game of numbers as currently play by the Eastern Igbos is that they never conceal their plan to deny those other tribes who will join them in actualising their non-actualisable dream, the benefits that go with such.

Its important that so called Biafra Apologists, Pro-Biafrans or Independent People of Biafrans, desist from calling these aforementioned zones as Igbos in other to further their propaganda of a non-actualisable Biafra or for personal grounds.

They are not igbos. Enough is enough! Stop the lie lies!

By Ymodulus

Cc: BiafraQueen , Normality , ProBiafra , Ikwerreboy , fr3do , NormalCodes,

Source:
http://www.edoworld.net/Origin_Of_Delta_Igbo_Indisputable.html
http://www.ibusa.net/ibuzo%20-%20leave%20us%20alone.htm
http://www.gamji.com/article8000/NEWS8382.htm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War
https://www.nairaland.com/2268148/ukwuani-people-not-igbos

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2553546_s50624135052001_jpeg2cee537bd1672dd3e13e36d8d1b6b990

https://www.nairaland.com/2402196/language-ig-deception-biafran-struggle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by FKO81(m): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
Rita Dominic is a member of the Royal Waturuocha family of Aboh Mbaise local government area in Imo State.[1] She is the youngest of four siblings.[2] Her late parents were medical practitioners; her father was a medical doctor and her mother a nursing officer. Dominic attended the prestigious Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, before heading to the University of Port Harcourt, where she graduated with a BA (Honours) Degree in Theatre Arts in 1999.
Ofe nmanu fool always have sleepless night about
Igbos
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Dominic

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by omenka(m): 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

Ewu Rita Dominic is from Mbaise in Imo State grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Do you know the meaning of "in the movie"

Yet you call someone an ewu.

Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2015

Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos?
If "Delta" is an adjective qualifying the noun "Igbo", it follows that there are Igbos that can be found in the Delta.

Is the OP another dull@rd from d@ura?

cc lzaa itooworwor bamite metaphysical

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Iko5000: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
You really are talking crap
Ymodulus:
@keestelove

Because the Governor of Delta state dresses like an Igbo Man does not make him Igbo.

Any one can dress any way he wishes. It's fashion and desire for favour. It's politics

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ymodulus: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
FKO81:
Rita Dominic is a member of the Royal Waturuocha family of Aboh Mbaise local government area in Imo State.[1] She is the youngest of four siblings.[2] Her late parents were medical practitioners; her father was a medical doctor and her mother a nursing officer. Dominic attended the prestigious Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, before heading to the University of Port Harcourt, where she graduated with a BA (Honours) Degree in Theatre Arts in 1999.
Ofe nmanu fool always have sleepless night about
Igbos

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Dominic

I asked myself several times if you went to school. Did you read the emphatic stress in my reply? " in the movie ".

Gosh at this point I believe when asked who the fool is between I and you. The question needs no answer.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by nedu210(m): 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
I don't like commenting on this type of post but the op has force me to.

1. The op hasn't even watched that movie because if he has he should have known that Rita Dominic was making jest of the woman who after days of trying to see the minister but couldn't, came to lobby her. Rita got angry at the women when she called her "Nwany be anyi" that was how that statement u posted the was made, the woman was trying to defend herself and told Rita all ibo are the same.

The op is just being mischievous if he truly watched that move and came here with this post or maybe he lack simple understanding.

To me anybody can be what ever he or she wants, 30percent of my friend are from igbo speaking part of delta and this type of issue doesn't arise that why I don't like talking about it.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by RapLawd(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
Some months ago i wrote an article on why the Deltans are not igbos and should be left out of the Biafram struggle.

Today while watching a Nigerian Movie title " The Meeting Silverbird Cinema "

I watched this, and I noticed the igbo lady trying so hard to make sure that Rita Dominic a Delta woman accept that she is Igbo and not Delta.

Why are igbos this forceful. Deltans say leave them alone and you are still trying to force yourselves.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ymodulus: 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
nedu210:
I don't like commenting on this type of post but the op has force me to.

1. The op hasn't even watched that movie because if he has he should have known that Rita Dominic was making jest of the woman who after days of trying to see the minister but couldn't, came to lobby her. Rita got angry at the women when she called her "Nwany be anyi" that was how that statement u posted the was made, the woman was trying to defend herself and told Rita all ibo are the same.

The op is just being mischievous if he truly watched that move and came here with this post or maybe he lack simple understanding.

To me anybody can be what ever he or she wants, 30percent of my friend are from igbo speaking part of delta and this type of issue doesn't arise that why I don't like talking about it.

No that was not it. Stop trying to twist what happened and I watched the whole movie .
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by RapLawd(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
Some months ago i wrote an article on why the Deltans are not igbos and should be left out of the Biafram struggle.

I watched this, and I noticed the igbo lady trying so hard to make sure that Rita Dominic a Delta woman accept that she is Igbo and not Delta.

Why are igbos this forceful. Deltans say leave them alone and you are still trying to force yourselves.

is delta language or an ethnic grou

Stop speaking for others and for those that are purely Igbos but do choose to deny their root for some silly political points and relevance... Know that it can never change who you truly are!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by kaboninc(m): 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Iko5000:

Op is there an ethic group called Delta?
Let's be reasonably here. Delta is a state not a tribe or ethic group.
In Delta state there are lots of ethnic groups like Igbo, Urhobo, Itsekiri to name a few.

OP, I suggest you study the meaning of 'ethic group' and rewrite your post or study Nigerian history before the white man arrived in Nigeria and also before the creation of states.
Be enlightened

YModulus, I think this is the best reply here.

In Delta State, there is a group of people who have very almost the same or very similar/identical cultures to the Igbos, same with Ikwerre in Rivers State. Even among the Igbos, there are a variety of spoken language and that is why Nise has a peculiar dialect, same with Ngwa, same with Onitsha and even Nsukka, Mbaise, Enugu, Abakiliki. But they have so many things in common such as names, festivals, proverbs, etc.

For example, in Ikwerre, they bear Wogu and in Anambra, the name is Nwogu and even in another state, it is Nworgu. You have Nyesom in Ikwerri and in mainstream Igbo, there is Onyesom. The tongues differ and if you listen carefully, you'd understand the languages. Besides, there is Otutu in Aniocha or so and you have Otutu too in Anambra.

For the fact that they are in the South South doesn't mean that they are not of the Igbo tribe. The South East are known to be Igbos because they have a very large concentration of Igbo living within that area.

Just as we have different variations of Ijaw (and I heard there is Izon) and you find them in Ondo (which is a known Yoruba State), Rivers, Delta. You find Yorubas in Kogi and Edo States and even as far as Benin Republic. So are you going to say that those Yorubas who live in Edo and Kogi, even with a slight variation in tongue are not Yorubas?

Same thing with the Igbos.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Kestolovee95(f): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
@keestelove

Because the Governor of Delta state dresses like an Igbo Man does not make him Igbo.

Any one can dress any way he wishes. It's fashion and desire for favour. It's politics

yes, like this man screaming "i'm fulani"

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by kaboninc(m): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
YModulus, do you know that in some parts of Rivers State, specifically, the Ikwerre community, they practice the Igbo 4 market days?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by OfoIgbo: 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

Ewu Rita Dominic is from Mbaise in Imo State grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

You are correct. She is not from Delta state
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by osemwengie1: 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
kaboninc:
YModulus, do you know that in some parts of Rivers State, specifically, the Ikwerre community, they practice the Igbo 4 market days?
, why should it be the Ibo 4 market days, why not the Ikwerre 4 market days. Thats the problem with the Ibos and Yorubas, lack of respect for other tribes because they have more numbers. The Hausa still remain the best among them. A bini man will not tell an Urhobo man that Ese is a bini name. Its both a bini and urhobo name depending on who is using it.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ymodulus: 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
kaboninc:

In Delta State, there is a group of people who have very almost the same or very similar/identical cultures to the Igbos, same with Ikwerre in Rivers State. Even among the Igbos, there are a variety of spoken language and that is why Nise has a peculiar dialect, same with Ngwa, same with Onitsha and even Nsukka, Mbaise, Enugu, Abakiliki. But they have so many things in common such as names, festivals, proverbs, etc.

For example, in Ikwerre, they bear Wogu and in Anambra, the name is Nwogu and even in another state, it is Nworgu. You have Nyesom in Ikwerri and in mainstream Igbo, there is Onyesom. The tongues differ and if you listen carefully, you'd understand the languages. Besides, there is Otutu in Aniocha or so and you have Otutu too in Anambra.

For the fact that they are in the South South doesn't mean that they are not of the Igbo tribe. The South East are known to be Igbos because they have a very large concentration of Igbo living within that area.

Just as we have different variations of Ijaw (and I heard there is Izon) and you find them in Ondo (which is a known Yoruba State), Rivers, Delta. You find Yorubas in Kogi and Edo States and even as far as Benin Republic. So are you going to say that those Yorubas who live in Edo and Kogi, even with a slight variation in tongue are not Yorubas?

By your analogy, you trying to say that if people speak same language irrespective of location that means they re of same tribe?

That's wrong school of thought. I settled this in the article I posted above in reply to your earlier question.
Question no 6
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by RapLawd(m): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

I asked myself several times if you went to school. Did you read the emphatic stress in my reply? " in the movie ".

Gosh at this point I believe when asked who the fool is between I and you. The question needs no answer.

Thanks

if ''in the movie'' is your tact to buttress your point,,,anybody can use your point to know if you are truly a fool

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by kaboninc(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
osemwengie1:
, why should it be the Ibo 4 market days, why not the Ikwerre 4 market days. Thats the problem with the Ibos and Yorubas, lack of respect for other tribes because they have more numbers. The Hausa still remain the best among them. A bini man will not tell an Urhobo man that Ese is a bini name. Its both a bini and urhobo name depending on who is using it.

Sir,

The Ikwerres are Igbos just like you have the Mbaises, Ngwa, Nise, Enugu, Nsukka, Arondizuogu, Ohafia, Item, etc. They are all of the Igbo ethnic scribe. They all have the 4 market days.

Ikwerres is a subset of a larger set (Igbos) just as you have the ijebu, Ibadan, Ife, Egba all subset of a larger set - the Yoruba.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Kestolovee95(f): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
kaboninc:

why are you trying very hard to educate dunderheads like him. He pretends he doesn't know that there are Igbo in delta and rivers, these are monkeys that even call efiks, ijaws, ibibios, omo ibo Stop educating the yoruba monkey, they have been on their knees begging their allah to create a problem between SE Igbos and "SS" Igbos, Ijaws, ogonis etc since the Eastern bloc voted as one the last election. The north has abandoned them, now they are looking for allies in the south. yorubas are done for in this contraption, God help them.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by kaboninc(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

By your analogy, you trying to say that if people speak same language irrespective of location that means they re of same tribe?

That's wrong school of thought. I settled this in the article I posted above in reply to your earlier question.
Question no 6

No sir.

But they not only speak the same language but have the same cultural identities. The same customs and traditions.

kaboninc:

Sir,
The Ikwerres are Igbos just like you have the Mbaises, Ngwa, Nise, Enugu, Nsukka, Arondizuogu, Ohafia, Item, etc. They are all of the Igbo ethnic scribe. They all have the 4 market days.
Ikwerres is a subset of a larger set (Igbos) just as you have the ijebu, Ibadan, Ife, Egba all subset of a larger set - the Yoruba.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by sdindan: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

Rita Dominic Nwaturuocha is from Enyiogugu in Imo state
I know the family compound.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

...good a thing, it's not about your suicide, today smiley. R.etard, Rita Nwaturuocha is from Nguru, Aboh-Mbaise, Imo-State.
Get it, ghost sad cool

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by coolitempa(f): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Anioma is not Igbo and their origin is benin....iseleukwu....ogwashi....agbor....Onitsha....ikwerre....etche .... sad...are not Igbo although there is Igbo link.....all these people...trace their origin to benin... wink
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
Mine was truth not sarcasm. Sorry

Urs is false. I put it to u, U have never visited any part of delta state.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by armadeo(m): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
A movie? op you have more intellect than this.

Delta is a state made up of several tribes including Igbo.

Bigotry is the worst of the deadly diseases retarding Nigeria, it has killed many intellectuals and continues to render even more worthless.
I respect you for your intellect but with threads like this, you will soon become utterly useless.

After reading this post no need to continue. He said it all
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ymodulus: 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Kestolovee95:

why are you trying very hard to educate dunderheads like him. He pretends he doesn't know that there are Igbo in delta and rivers, these are monkeys that even call efiks, ijaws, ibibios, omo ibo Stop educating the yoruba monkey, they have been on their knees begging their allah to create a problem between SE Igbos and "SS" Igbos, Ijaws, ogonis etc since the Eastern bloc voted as one the last election. The north has abandoned them, now they are looking for allies in the south. yorubas are done for in this contraption, God help them.

Am not Yoruba. Besides yorubas are not monkeys.

Stop been so tribalistic please change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ymodulus: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
chuna1985:

Urs is false. I put it to u, U have never visited any part of delta state.

I have been to Delta twice. Even visited that state this year. Nothing interesting about the place. I asked myself is Asaba or Warri the capital?

Delta state has lost its glory and finally gone to the dogs.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ymodulus: 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
chimkaire:
...good a thing, it's not about your suicide, today smiley. R.etard, Rita Nwaturuocha is from Nguru, Aboh-Mbaise, Imo-State.
Get it, ghost sad cool
Read the comment and see the stress "in the movie" .
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Kestolovee95(f): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

Am not Yoruba. Besides yorubas are not monkeys.

Stop been so tribalistic please change

sharap, i just got a confirmation that you are one of buhari's nama. Which specie are you? red bororo or sokoto gudali? grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ymodulus: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
Kestolovee95:

sharap, i just got a confirmation that you are one of buhari's nama. Which specie are you? red bororo or sokoto gudali? grin

Red Bororo sir.

You know us?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by comrChris(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

No that was not it. Stop trying to twist what happened and I watched the whole movie .
my dear stop this puerile argument
wonder what puts this kind of trepidation in you guyz whenever Igbo issues are mentioned

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land / Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.