Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? (24305 Views)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Masterclass32: 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
I really don't think Igbos should waste their time on threads like this. undecided

We know our brothers in Delta and other SS states (and benue) and they know us.

This is all that matters I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by basilo101: 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
Jobless mofo. Delta IGBOS are yorubas

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Deltagiant: 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Yes we the igbo speaking Delta's are Igbos

I am from Isele-Ukwu in Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State.

We speak igbo but a different version of the one spoken in the South East.

My Grand Father have always told me the history of how we came to reside across the River Niger.

If Biafra should exist today, We are part of it.
Yoruba people una no dey tire?

Carrying Biafra matter for head like gala
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by stinggy(m): 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
chimkaire:
...good a thing, it's not about your suicide, today smiley. R.etard, Rita Nwaturuocha is from Nguru, Aboh-Mbaise, Imo-State.
Get it, ghost sad cool
Vexation from my Rita's fellow Mbaise grin grin

...And to think I rated this OP high sad cry
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by EastLebanon(m): 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Oh,so they are no longer igbos,but you people called the 1966 coup leader(CHUKWUMA NZEOGWU) from okpanam in oshimili south l.g.a an igbo,WHAT A HYPOCRICY.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by revolt(m): 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
She's from obowo in imostate na
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Duru1(m): 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

@ kaboninc

They are not igbos. Below is a detailed answer.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2553546_s50624135052001_jpeg2cee537bd1672dd3e13e36d8d1b6b990

https://www.nairaland.com/2402196/language-ig-deception-biafran-struggle

If you have problems of your true ethnicity as demonstrated in a previous post where a dumbass jackass such as you claimed Hausa/Fulani, please do not attempt to drag Ndiigbo in Delta State into such moronic melancholy. There is no ethnic group in Nigeria known as Hausa/Fulani. However, there is ethnic group known as Hausa or Fulani or Kanuri or Nupe. Please try to identify your blackass properly before you foolishly dabble into issues beyond your intellectual stratum.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by badnature: 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
simple why do Nigerians( hausa/ fulani/ yolooba) keep telling every body that chukwuma nnzogwu is igbo man? even dough in 1966 were the gentleman came from is in the Midwest? .and in today's zoo it's under SS .so why do you people insist delta is not igbo but nzogwu who is from delta is igbo? yolooba do you care to explain?

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

I have been to Delta twice. Even visited that state this year. Nothing interesting about the place. I asked myself is Asaba or Warri the capital?

Delta state has lost its glory and finally gone to the dogs.
Daura illiterate. Get education pls.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by badnature: 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
ymodulus did you travel to delta to go and beg ? cause that what your people do for living
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by honourhim: 11:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
I urge all those from Delta state not to allow themselves to be used as a tool in the hands of some so called Biafran Preachers or Agitators.

I use to see you as an intelligent guy. How wrong i ve been.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by onenaira3: 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin

This Hausa boy is still trying to start wahalla between anioma and SE. grin grin
Using a Nollywood movie is just hitting the low. Ymodulus you can even draw a picture if you like, of you like make a cartoon video, it's still won't make me deny being a proud Igbo from Asaba, Delta.

Keep trying though

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by eneidoko(f): 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
They know the 5 land-locked ibo states cannot form a country. So, if they can rope some other people or states in, they may make some feeble noise.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
stinggy:

Vexation from my Rita's fellow Mbaise grin grin

...And to think I rated this OP high sad cry
...He claimed it was from a movie ish yet he made a topic out of it. Such a dingbat grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by NaijirianKing: 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
Thoughts?
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
badnature:
simple why do Nigerians( hausa/ fulani/ yolooba) keep telling every body that Chukwuma Nzeogwu is igbo man? even dough in 1966 were the gentleman came from is in the Midwest? .and in today's zoo it's under SS .so why do you people insist delta is not igbo but nzogwu who is from delta is igbo? yolooba do you care to explain?
^^Can the OP answer this question ?
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by vivalavida(m): 3:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ymodulus:
Some months ago i wrote an article on why the Deltans are not igbos and should be left out of the Biafram struggle.

Today while watching a Nigerian Movie title " The Meeting Silverbird Cinema "

I watched this, and I noticed the igbo lady trying so hard to make sure that Rita Dominic a Delta woman accept that she is Igbo and not Delta.

Why are igbos this forceful. Deltans say leave them alone and you are still trying to force yourselves.

You are stupeeeed nigga.
Rita dominic Nwaturuocha is from the royal family of Eze Nwaturocha in mbaise imo state. So shut the Bleep up if you dont know what to say. I am from another royal family in mbaise and my grand dad and ritas dad were traditional rulers @ the same time

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by stinggy(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
chimkaire:
...He claimed it was from a movie ish yet he made a topic out of it. Such a dingbat grin
Do you know Omotola Jalade isn't Yoruba too
Just watched it undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Ymodulus: 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
vivalavida:

You are stupeeeed nigga.
Rita dominic Nwaturuocha is from the royal family of Eze Nwaturocha in mbaise imo state. So shut the Bleep up if you dont know what to say. I am from another royal family in mbaise and my grand dad and ritas dad were traditional rulers @ the same time

Igweeeeee. Kedu?
You have to read before you comment. Beside your status as a kings child is not what we want to hear. You are a king in Mbaise not on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Joshuadon: 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
vivalavida:

You are stupeeeed nigga.

Lol.
I can't laugh.cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Happiness87(f): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ymodulus:
Some months ago i wrote an article on why the Deltans are not igbos and should be left out of the Biafram struggle.

I watched this, and I noticed the igbo lady trying so hard to make sure that Rita Dominic a Delta woman accept that she is Igbo and not Delta.

Why are igbos this forceful. Deltans say leave them alone and you are still trying to force yourselves.
aboki why is biafra giving you sleepless nights, hahaha, why not mind your business, niger deltans are not kids, you think you can advise to do your bidding
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by amtalkin(f): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
imhotep:

If "Delta" is an adjective qualifying the noun "Igbo", it follows that there are Igbos that can be found in the Delta.

Is the OP another dull@rd from d@ura?
Lolzzzzzz
He is a dull@rd but not from d@ura

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 7:51am On Sep 17, 2015
The question is why are non igbos try so hard to divide Igbo unity ....

The shocker of their lives was when Igbo voted with one voice

Why tell us who is Igbo or not ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2015
Ymodulus:

Rita is from mbaise in IMO state ..his senior brother was my coursemate in Owerri ..so maybe in your idiotcy mbaise people aint Igbo

Genevieve is also from there

In Igbokabd spans from southern Benue to western delta to pH then to some areas that borders Ibibio and efik

Do you know the last governors of cross river liyel imoke is Igbo ..just like Ifeanyi okowa of delta state now

We still have Igbo in Igbo akiri of edo state

Can you do me the lagoon thing

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Agbalanze(m): 8:38am On Sep 17, 2015
Delta is not a tribe but a state. we have Igbos, isoko, urhobo, itshekiri, ijaw, izon etc as tribes .
Some are Igbos and some are not.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2015
Ymodulus:

in D topic Delta igbos should b corrected. We r deltans not igbos.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by themaskedman: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2015
The op is the biggest phooollll I have ever seen on nairaland. You call them Delta Igbo but then ask that they not be claimed as Igbo. If the Igbo don't claim them who will? Perhaps the Hausa kwo? You are indeed a phooolll.
Just like there are Igbo residing in Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia so are there Igbo residing in Delta, Rivers, Benue states and non is more Igbo than the other. The Igbo in the South East are seperated by their kit and kin in the South South and North Central by mere administrative convenience. Ifeanyi Okowa is Igbo the same way Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and Okezie Ikpeazu are.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by themaskedman: 11:45am On Sep 17, 2015
adellam16:
in D topic Delta igbos should b corrected. We r deltans not igbos.
What tribe is Delta?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2015
themaskedman:
What tribe is Delta?
Old Bendel. Part of edo at dat time
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by osemwengie1: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
themaskedman:

What tribe is Delta?
, aniona, Ijaw, Ishekiri, Ika, urhobo
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by haqueurate(m): 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
Y modulus thanx for this intresting expose
In all this 3month resurgence of intrest in biafra I have come to understand the following points

1. The agitation by the igbos is as a result of hope in amalgamating the oil rich south south to thier wild dream republic ( same as the initial biafra objective)
Clamour for igbo freedom does not include a desire for the south south to exist as an indipent country in the cases of disolution of nigeria, simply put the igbo will refuse the south south to go ( same situation as exist in nigeria)

2. Biafra 2.0 is to be fought only on naira land, and by igboes in uk ( namdi kanu army). No clear cut strategy either legal or civil to address any fall out including the fact that over 60% of igbos live and hv bizz outside igbo land. Secession usually involve people relocating in mass ( as in the cases of india and pakistan, sudan and south sudan. How will they be accomodated and how many are prepared to go back to ground zero
3. Hatred is the slogan of biafra secessionist generals ( namdi kanu). Forgeting no tribe is a monopoly of hate (as the hutus and tutsis in rwanda)
Also forgeting igbos are more in other peoples communities, therefore are more at risk incase of a violent fallout
4. Ethnic spread doesnt make you own the land ( there are yorubas in benin republic and ivory cost, does not give them the right to demand a restructuring of these 3 countries, their are fulanis in niger republic, chad and cameroun- can they claim their own country based on this fact?
5. I thought the igbos surrendered after biafra, how come they are claiming ownaship of a land they signed away......
Do they know the meaning of surrender ( you put yourself at the mercy of your master, u lost the right of claim)
Emotions dont win a warm, sense does
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by NaijirianKing: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
Interesting.

basilo101:
Jobless mofo. Delta IGBOS are yorubas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose To Buhari: Withdraw 2016 Budget, It’s A National Embarrassment / Lawal Daura To Remain Under House Arrest – Vanguard / Gunmen Kill Three Police Officers In Ebonyi, Cart Away Rifles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.