Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? (24280 Views)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 11:43am On Sep 18, 2015
adellam16:
where in my comment dis I say I'm not proud of my tribe? U lived In warri while I am from Delta state. R u from Delta? All I said is let people stop calling us Delta Igbo and u went ahead to insult me? Was Delta ever part of igbo? It does not matter wat tribe I am, I am Deltan not Delta Igbo like some yoruba and igbos want to believe we r.

I know you must be those Igbo folks from ika that must have forgotten ether to draw inspiration from east or west

Whatever sails your boat so be it nwanne ....

Kachifo

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

I know you must be those Igbo folks from ika that must have forgotten ether to draw inspiration from east or west

Whatever sails your boat so be it nwanne ....

Kachifo
na u know. I am not IGBO! I'm DELTAN. Kachifo u too

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 11:46am On Sep 18, 2015
adellam16:
I'm a lady.

I doubt that because nairaland has shown us many impostors but my lady

I feel your pain

Why don't you like the term delta Igbo ...we have anambra Igbo and IMO Igbo

So what's the biggie

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 11:49am On Sep 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

I doubt that because nairaland has shown us many impostors but my lady

I feel your pain

Why don't you like the term delta Igbo ...we have anambra Igbo and IMO Igbo

So what's the biggie
I'm a lady not a guy. I didn't come to nairaland to scam guys so y should I lie bout my se x? But if u don't believe me, y shuld I try convincing u? Dis is social media. Believe wat u want.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 11:49am On Sep 18, 2015
adellam16:

Identity crisis can be terrible thing you know

Mind you my lively and lovely wife is from ndokwa and she is a proud Igbo and I respect your opinion also

A lizard can assume to be oness with alligator but we know the lizard and also the Gators

So is butterfly and bird

Can you see my signature

I think I have been having this signature for months now

And it is for people like you

Oga adili GI mma

I pray you get that lingo

Just toooo igbotic I am

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 11:52am On Sep 18, 2015
Masterclass32:
I really don't think Igbos should waste their time on threads like this. undecided

We know our brothers in Delta and other SS states (and benue) and they know us.

This is all that matters I believe.
Some are brainwashed so we need to put some igbotic content in the barren brain if theirs you know
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

Mind you my lively and lovely wife is from ndokwa and she is a proud Igbo and I respect your opinion also

A lizard can assume to be oness with alligator but we know the lizard and also the Gators

So is butterfly and bird

Can you see my signature

Oga adili GI mma

Just toooo igbotic I am
I thank God for u. Funny tin is y r u imposing! If someone says I'm not dis, take it like dat. U r not from delta! Y r u now arguing with someone who is from Delta? Yes ur wife is from d above mentioned but I am not. I'm deltan not igbo or delta igbo

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by zendy: 11:56am On Sep 18, 2015
Marotzke:

The same Delta state that Edwin Clark, Tompolo and Orubebe unashamedly proclaim their Ijaw heritage without apologies, is where you want to disguise your Igboness. The spirits Of Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu, lt colonel Okonweze and over 20,000 Anioma people massacred because they are Igbos will haunt you till you receive sense.

Lt Col Gabriel Okonweze, the Asaba man. Him along with Nzeogwu,Olutoye and Obasunjo were all commissioned officers of the Nigerian Army in 1960. Okonweze was for a time in Enugu Barrak as a major under the command of Lt Colonel Fajuyi and later, Lt Colonel Ejoor. When Nzeogwu and co struck in 1966, Ironsi made Fajuyi Governor of the Western Region and Ejoor was made Governor of the mid-west. Okonweze was subsequently promoted to Lt Colonel and made commander of Abeokuta garrison. Unfortunately, 6 months later, Okonweze was gunned down during the counter coup by northern Soldiers as he hosted a meeting of senior officers under his command. He would have made a fine officer for Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by fav444(f): 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

So is butterfly and bird

Can you see my signature

Oga adili GI mma

Just toooo igbotic I am

ur signature got me laughing so loud. Abeg, I bu onye ebee?
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nnaji36(m): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
adellam16:
Fool, so you even know the meaning of kachifo but you claim you are not igbo. Can you swear you cant hear or speak igbo fully.
A blindfolded ignorant man who doesnt know his origin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by ikennaj44: 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
the purported lady by the forum name "addellem" is not from delta state, and should not be taking serious. when igbo speaking deltans are talking, she should stay at the backburner. meanwhile, there's one forum where Awori people said they are not yoruba, and a certain one where ijube people dismisses the claim that they are yoruba. though i did not mean to redirect the topic, but to give a direct bearing to what is obtainable in some quarters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
fav444:

ur signature got me laughing so loud. Abeg, I bu onye ebee?

Hmmmm ana aju aju...abu nwafor anambra ..onye Nnewi south ....anyi di too proud and we are not confused dika Nwa ahu na amaghi ebe OSI

Why us my signature funny ..what's funny about it

Lol

Ike gwuru Nwa ahu

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
adellam16:
I thank God for u. Funny tin is y r u imposing! If someone says I'm not dis, take it like dat. U r not from delta! Y r u now arguing with someone who is from Delta? Yes ur wife is from d above mentioned but I am not. I'm deltan not igbo or delta igbo
You are not Igbo dear and mind you I meant you so stop using we

We know that there were Benin felons that were exiled and these displaced people were given refugee in the present anioma and they found sanctuary ...these people had offsprings and you might be one of them

But remember we have sons of soil also who igbonized u ...and that has been stellar and settled
Do use I not we

Biko...Nwa Benin....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Wulfruna(f): 8:55am On Sep 19, 2015
Ymodulus:
Some months ago i wrote an article on why the Deltans are not igbos and should be left out of the Biafram struggle.

Today while watching a Nigerian Movie title " The Meeting Silverbird Cinema "

I watched this, and I noticed the igbo lady trying so hard to make sure that Rita Dominic a Delta woman accept that she is Igbo and not Delta.

Why are igbos this forceful. Deltans say leave them alone and you are still trying to force yourselves.

Guy, you COMPLETELY misunderstood that scene. The lady who said, 'Ibo nine bu ofu (all Ibo are the same) was actually the one playing the role of a Delta woman.'

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2015
Nnaji36:
Fool, so you even know the meaning of kachifo but you claim you are not igbo. Can you swear you cant hear or speak igbo fully.
A blindfolded ignorant man who doesnt know his origin.
slowpoke! Even a goat knows wat kachifo is! Ode looking for woman to quarrel with. Agbaya
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2015
tonychristopher:

You are not Igbo dear and mind you I meant you so stop using we

We know that there were Benin felons that were exiled and these displaced people were given refugee in the present anioma and they found sanctuary ...these people had offsprings and you might be one of them

But remember we have sons of soil also who igbonized u ...and that has been stellar and settled
Do use I not we

Biko...Nwa Benin....
yes sir
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by tonychristopher: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2015
adellam16:
yes sir

Thanks for the understanding
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2015
Nnaabros:
The tribeless one. no heritage, no origin. delta is a political creation. if delta state ceases to exist tomorrow, u will also cease to exist.
watever! Dats ma business not urs.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2015
ikennaj44:
the purported lady by the forum name "addellem" is not from delta state, and should not be taking serious. when igbo speaking deltans are talking, she should stay at the backburner. meanwhile, there's one forum where Awori people said they are not yoruba, and a certain one where ijube people dismisses the claim that they are yoruba. though i did not mean to redirect the topic, but to give a direct bearing to what is obtainable in some quarters

first of all my user name aint dat difficult to spell. Second I am from Delta State but not Delta igbo. Third if u like keep spewing insults nd thrash I don't care. Why? Cos u r nobody to me just an internet user. I dunno, u dunno me we will never meet in dis life in jesus name, so say wat u like. Not my business. ITK
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
Agbalanze:
Delta is not a tribe but a state. we have Igbos, isoko, urhobo, itshekiri, ijaw, izon etc as tribes .
Some are Igbos and some are not.
u r d only one who gets wat I'm saying. Dose who know nothing r d ones making noise nd forcing us to b called igbos generally! Smartest comment so far.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by adellam16(f): 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
themaskedman:

What tribe is Delta?
uncle delta is a state not tribe! Check states and capital.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Donarozzi: 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by gbaskipro: 12:15am On Sep 20, 2015
Ymodulus:
Some months ago i wrote an article on why the Deltans are not igbos and should be left out of the Biafram struggle.

I watched this, and I noticed the igbo lady trying so hard to make sure that Rita Dominic a Delta woman accept that she is Igbo and not Delta.

Why are igbos this forceful. Deltans say leave them alone and you are still trying to force yourselves.

You are simply Jobless. If this is what u wanna start discussing then u are jobless
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by ikennaj44: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
I have always read yoruba essays on things pertaining to igbos, and I have often red them with disillusionment why these brand of ethnic group are so haggard over igbo things, they go as extreme as using igbo names to stir the dust among igbos and they as well try to pervert the history about the igbos, linking some to bini etc. this sect of hate maniacs and division-mongers intrudes Into igbo smooth flow of intelligent conversations, turning the whole page to a thunderous argument battle field where both parties will finally leave with so much grudge against each other, yet they turn around to play victim card, asking why do igbos hate yoruba, but I had rarely seen igbos dabbling into yoruba affairs or creating a topic to disparage yoruba or avowing those who are yoruba and those who are not yoruba in the west. all these kinds of nonsensical trait from these yorubas stemmed from awolowo, they are replicating awolowo's lifestyles and personality. awolowo, the very man who died over igbo things. in short,this modern day yorubas can be best define as awoloworians.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by mindtricks: 1:23am On Sep 28, 2015
Ymodulus:

Ymodulus,

Aint hard to tell. Some of the people of Delta are Igbos, like we have other tribes there too. No big deal about that, just like a State like kogi has some yorubas. I dont see how this should be an issue for an unbiased mind. Even the Igbos there know themselves though some might pretend not to be.

Aint hard to tell.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 28, 2015
ikennaj44:
I have always read yoruba essays on things pertaining to igbos, and I have often red them with disillusionment why these brand of ethnic group are so haggard over igbo things, they go as extreme as using igbo names to stir the dust among igbos and they as well try to pervert the history about the igbos, linking some to bini etc. this sect of hate maniacs and division-mongers intrudes Into igbo smooth flow of intelligent conversations, turning the whole page to a thunderous argument battle field where both parties will finally leave with so much grudge against each other, yet they turn around to play victim card, asking why do igbos hate yoruba, but I had rarely seen igbos dabbling into yoruba affairs or creating a topic to disparage yoruba or avowing those who are yoruba and those who are not yoruba in the west. all these kinds of nonsensical trait from these yorubas stemmed from awolowo, they are replicating awolowo's lifestyles and personality. awolowo, the very man who died over igbo things. in short,this modern day yorubas can be best define as awoloworians.

Yoruba people are serpents
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by eneidoko(f): 11:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
Duru1:

How much foolishness can you form? One of the best economy in Africa is a landlocked nation. What has landlocked or lack thereof got to do with nation state? Somali, arguably, has the longest coast line in Africa. It will be foolhardy to have the country in the same sentence with development.

Which economy are you referring to? You people have this silly habit of assuming that your far-fetched examples from around the world will apply to biafra automatically. Each country has its own peculiarities, which in this case does not apply to biafra. If by giving inapplicable example of war-torn Somalia you think you are making sense, sorry to bust your bubble, you are not!
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 11, 2015
Rita Dominic is a member of the Royal Waturuocha family of Aboh Mbaise local government area in Imo State.[1] She is the youngest of four siblings.[2] Her late parents were medical practitioners; her father was a medical doctor and her mother a nursing officer.[6] Dominic attended the prestigious Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, before heading to the University of Port Harcourt, where she graduated with a BA (Honours) Degree in Theatre Arts in 1999.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Dominic
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by Pidggin(f): 3:33am On Oct 11, 2015
All the Deltans I know in real life, even those who speak Igbo fluently, always insist they are not Igbo. There's a very old couple I know, the baba is in his seventies, he simply hates being called Igbo, yet he speaks the language.
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by chiefobdk(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ymodulus:

foolish Ness in d extreme form

Igbo people. delta Igbo people.

delta Igbo. ===
Igbo people living in delta
Re: Why Are Igbos Trying So Hard To Claim Delta Igbos are igbos? by ariesbull: 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ymodulus:

Rita is from imo state mbaise same with Genevieve

Get that fact

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Worried About Buhari Not Campaigning / How Atiku Rejected Tinubu As Running Mate - Akande Recounts / Eyo Effiom Ita: Lawyers To Boycott Swearing In Of Cross River Acting Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.