Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550291 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amii131(f): 3:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
I need tips to spice up my recommendation letter and the other .
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amii131(f): 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
nt yet out@maxi any update abt uniberg nd Hioa.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
amii131:
nt yet out@maxi any update abt uniberg nd Hioa.

For Hioa,

App starts on the 15th of October.
More details: http://www.hioa.no/eng/Studies/International-Master-s-Degree-Programmes/Admission-to-international-Master-s-Degree-programmes

For UniBerg,

Application period
1 October to 1 December.
Deadline - 1 December is the final deadline to submit the online application form.

Courses : Master's Programme in Medical Biology, Master's Programme in Biology, Master's Programme in Molecular Biology.

You must upload all the relevant documents. We require all documents to be scanned from original documentation.
Please make sure that the scans of the documents you have uploaded are readable and of good quality.
If the scans of the required documents are not readable, we will not be able to process your application.
Allowable document types are PDF, DOC, DOCX or TXT.
The maximum file size limit for an uploaded document is set to 15 MB.
We do not accept faxed or e-mailed applications/documents /transcripts.
Please note: If you are also applying for a Master's Degree Programme as a Quota Scheme student, you must register a separate application.

Any further inquiries can be sent to master@uib.no
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Obiwannn:

Bros welcome back oooo. How that way na? U didn't answer me earlier b4.. I asked how one could raise the second 2.5m to renew the residence permit if one doesn't want to depend on parents for it.. Scholarships? Savings? Internships? Student jobs?

Your question tof sha. The truth is you must survive. I may not have a specific answer to this because it depends on what you want.
Firstly, when you arrive norway, pls focus on studies for the first semmester and get good grades. It will opens doors of opportunity for you- teaching assistance, intern, etc. Other tins will follow.
Secondly, focus and serve God. I tell people that it's not by accident dat dey are here and so God will surely take care of His own.

However, the oil economy is a bit shaky now but will peak up soonest and if you want some to do some jobs ofcourse u can and every job here pays but not all jobs are easy to do especially in the cold.

Nigerians in Norway is a big family with reputation and they will always show you how to be successful.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Obiwannn: 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
Inxyz:

Nigerians in Norway is a big family with reputation and they will always show you how to be successful.

Bros so what you're saying in other words is that I go fit raise the money to show embassy? The problem is of not that they needed you to have such money in an account, one could easily save to sustain himself in the second year. But gathering that amount of money at once and not through savings poses a big problem.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kinglekan: 11:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
amii131:
I need tips to spice up my recommendation letter and the other .
Are you writing ur recommendation letter yourself?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 11:15am On Oct 13, 2014
@kinglekan How far with ntnu?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amii131(f): 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
@king lolzzzz all join hence it gat meaningful facts/convincing points inorder words be guided.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kinglekan: 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
MaxiDj:
@kinglekan How far with ntnu?
just left with my Transcript and financing. Would soon be done hopefully.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kinglekan: 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
amii131:
@king lolzzzz all join hence it gat meaningful facts/convincing points inorder words be guided.
This babe sef. Hehehe. U bera go find one of ur lecturers to do it for you ooooo.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Femicrux: 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
Pls, once one has been offered admission by a university in Norway, how does one submit a visa application? Are applications also collected in Lagos just like In Abuja? Also, what documents must one tender?

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kinglekan: 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
@MaxiDJ. Resend what you sent to me. Cos I didn't see.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by adenewton1: 8:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
OK
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by justwise(m): 7:35am On Oct 17, 2014
Genfront

Rule number 9: Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g fraud, piracy, and spreading malware.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by samuelkingz(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2014
Bosses...i really like ur good works,pls keep it up.pls i hav some ques to ask..
Pls is dere any msc prog i can study in mass communication..such as advertising,journalism etc..or if not any related courses?
Also,is dere means of me havin 2 to 3 jobs..while studying and also mybe afta graduation as done in usa?
Is dier pay able to cater for ones needs dere and also for d need of relatives @ home in naija cos family too go dey disturb..
..is it posible for one to own his or her personal biz dere eg drycleaning firm,boutique,fast food,bus etc..jst anytin can can make u independent dere.
Finally..wat re d vocational skill mostly soughted after dsere.eg truck drivers,welders,carpenters etc..
Hope to hear frm u soon..thank u sir.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kennycanny: 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
hello all, I ll like anyone that has good knowledge on this to advice. can someone apply for study visa alone, and later have family to join in Norway. How easy is this? Just need guidance to on how best to go about this!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by henry700: 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
henry700:
Hello , please can anyone help me out with the documents he or she used in processing a student visa in Norway Oslo , i am an o level holder ill like to further abroad please its urgent
@ amii tnx
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ashimiyu(m): 10:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello, Nigerian guys. I think this information will be helpful.
I am advising prospective students that are still looking for application in Norwegian universities to shoot up there morals and double their efforts in there various applications this year. This is simply because, there are strong indications that the free tuition the international students are enjoying will be unfortunately cut off as from next year by the new Norwegian government despite countless reactions from universities' staff, protest staged a week ago by International Student Union (ISU), Norwegian students and other bodies. This is because the government spends more than 80 million Kroner (2.1 billion NGN) yearly on free tuition. Meanwhile, I don't know which side will eventually triumph. But, If they (anti-tuition) finally succeed this year, they might not in coming year/s. You don't have problem IF you have money to pay for your tuition (someone told me last two weeks that it will be like 40,000 Kroner (1,007,987.5 NGN) per semester). But if you are like me, looking for free tuition, you should understand where I am going by now. "A word is enough for a wise" and more grease to your elbow. There might not be another chance.

Secondly, may be you don't know, universities in Germany have resolved to start having free tuition for everyone including international students. So, you could check it out and that might also be helpful. They also have very good economy, that is the heart of Europe. I wish you all the best in your careers guys. Long Live Nigeria smiley smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by desertboom(m): 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hello fellow Nairalanders,
Please, I need someone to help me answer my questions in plain english.

What school can one apply for Geophysics, Petroleum physics or any related course as my first degree is Industrial physics?

I will be very grateful to see someone help. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 11:08am On Oct 23, 2014
desertboom:
Hello fellow Nairalanders,
Please, I need someone to help me answer my questions in plain english.

What school can one apply for Geophysics, Petroleum physics or any related course as my first degree is Industrial physics?

I will be very grateful to see someone help. Thanks

Visit www.studyinnorway.no
There are a lot of options I guess. Just take your time and look at the course descriptions...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by desertboom(m): 5:48am On Oct 24, 2014
MaxiDj:

Visit www.studyinnorway.no
There are a lot of options I guess. Just take your time and look at the course descriptions...
Thanks but the site contains little info.
Please, anybody with universities and courses related to Industrial physics can help me thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 11:06am On Oct 24, 2014
desertboom:

Please, anybody with universities and courses related to Industrial physics can help me thanks.

The info there on that site is just to give an overview of the program. The site to every course selected in a school is always provided so when you get the course, check for the link to the school's website.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by arkdiggs(m): 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
please hauz, i need info about employment in norway, temporary or permanent, any help will be gladly appreciated

or probably sites i can use to get a job in norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 26, 2014
Www.bachelorsportal.eu
Hope this help.
desertboom:

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by desertboom(m): 7:10am On Oct 26, 2014
ikswiss:
Www.bachelorsportal.eu
Hope this help.
Thanks. I'll check it out
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lequatee(m): 9:10am On Oct 26, 2014
Good morning house. I am really confused about certain things and will like the house to throw more light on it:

1. is it true that I dont need the GRE exams for admission into Norway ( UIS actually) INYZX.

2. is the recommendation letter required... because i didnt see it on the requirement list for UIS or is it only for NTNU?

3. when the international office means " higher secondary school result" - thats our SSCE here, is it just WAEC or any of WAEC and NECO?

Thanks. expecting your replies ASAP.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 27, 2014
ashimiyu:
Hello, Nigerian guys. I think this information will be helpful.
I am advising prospective students that are still looking for application in Norwegian universities to shoot up there morals and double their efforts in there various applications this year. This is simply because, there are strong indications that the free tuition the international students are enjoying will be unfortunately cut off as from next year by the new Norwegian government despite countless reactions from universities' staff, protest staged a week ago by International Student Union (ISU), Norwegian students and other bodies. This is because the government spends more than 80 million Kroner (2.1 billion NGN) yearly on free tuition. Meanwhile, I don't know which side will eventually triumph. But, If they (anti-tuition) finally succeed this year, they might not in coming year/s. You don't have problem IF you have money to pay for your tuition (someone told me last two weeks that it will be like 40,000 Kroner (1,007,987.5 NGN) per semester). But if you are like me, looking for free tuition, you should understand where I am going by now. "A word is enough for a wise" and more grease to your elbow. There might not be another chance.

Secondly, may be you don't know, universities in Germany have resolved to start having free tuition for everyone including international students. So, you could check it out and that might also be helpful. They also have very good economy, that is the heart of Europe. I wish you all the best in your careers guys. Long Live Nigeria smiley smiley

Good day sir from your writeup I figure out you studying in Norway at present there are certain urgent questions The first question is it too late to start the application process and secondly 92500 noks that is sent is for what? upkeep? I thought it was tuition free?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 27, 2014
Please this 2.5 million is it a criteria to get a student visa.And are you guys saying when you get there the money will be refunded back to you ?What do you guys think ,applying for Offshore Technology at the university of stavanger at master level.And is it too late to begin the process.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ashimiyu(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2014
BiggyB242:

Good day sir from your writeup I figure out you studying in Norway at present there are certain urgent questions The first question is it too late to start the application process and secondly 92500 noks that is sent is for what? upkeep? I thought it was tuition free?

Good day. Yeah, I am studying in Norway. It is not too late at all. You can make all the requirement in no time and meet up with the deadline. The 92500 is not for tuition but for your accommodation and living expenses. It will be given back to you here totally, and you can use it the way you like. You can check http://www.studyinnorway.no/What-can-I-study for more info.

Best regards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.