Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,446 members, 7,801,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550157 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stanogb(m): 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hello house...
I intend to apply for Msc. Computer science in University of Scavenger,
(I have Bsc statistics (GPA 2.9) and Pgd computer sci(FIRST SEMESTER GPA 4.5)) my second semester will end this December.

What are my chances?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mickyboiz: 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
StarFlux:
http://www.studyinnorway.no/Where-can-I-study/List-of-institutions
bro i av searched for all the universities bt i cudnt see any school offerin engineerin related courses taught in english for bsc, is dere any school u can refer me 2 ??
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mickyboiz: 8:01am On Nov 13, 2014
Hello, pls good people can anyone help with an English taught underG program in technology course so far it's bin taught in English... I don searched tired just difficult to pinpoint on dat studyinnorway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kinglekan: 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
ashimiyu:

Good day. Yeah, I am studying in Norway. It is not too late at all. You can make all the requirement in no time and meet up with the deadline. The 92500 is not for tuition but for your accommodation and living expenses. It will be given back to you here totally, and you can use it the way you like. You can check http://www.studyinnorway.no/What-can-I-study for more info.

Best regards.
. How long can one be allowed to work in Norway after graduation without a Permanent residence permit?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2014
Well done guys. ... . I've been following dis thread for a while and the information posted here has really come in handy. but pls I've got a few question and I'll appreciate contributions from members of the forum.
1.How competitive the admission for norwegian schools is?
2. With a GPA of 4.12, can someone help with the conversion to norwegian standards
3. Regards to recommendation letter, does it have to be have to be addressed to the different schools or the usual 'To whom it may concern'.
4. English requirement issue; I already have my WAEC certified by ministry of education, do I have to attach a copy of my transcript or the whole transcript?
5. I'll love if anyone can help with a copy of motivation letter, I need the format.

Thanks at all
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kinglekan: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
StarFlux:
If you're using secondary school as a base for your application, then that is accepted. If you're using higher education as a base, then you need scanned copies for your original documents. A sponsors account is fine, but the money must be transfered to the school's account anyway. 2000USD will not be enough

Part time work is easy enough if you know the language somewhat.
. So when one gets to norway the school returns the money back into ones account? How much does one rily need for accomadation and upkeep in a month on the average from a Nigerian standpoint? Cos I knw its sounds too high to spend N175,000 in a month on that.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Genfront: 12:41am On Nov 19, 2014
pls @house i need answer to this question now
i am applying to 2schools in Norway.how should i go about sending my transcript to them?,is it that i will have to send one each to each sch,or theres a way one covers for the two schls
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mickyboiz: 8:55am On Nov 19, 2014
Genfront:
i am applying to 2schools in Norway.how should i go about sending my transcript to them?,is it that i will have to send one each to each sch,or theres a way one covers for the two schls
bro nobody go answer you here all of dem dn hibernate, i also posted questions here bt no1 answered it
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mickyboiz: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2014
Dis trend is so boring, plss dnt let ds trend die lik dis nw
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 9:11am On Nov 19, 2014
Mickyboiz:
Hello, pls good people can anyone help with an English taught underG program in technology course so far it's bin taught in English... I don searched tired just difficult to pinpoint on dat studyinnorway

I stand to be corrected though but to my knowledge, UG programs are not taught in English.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2014
Genfront:

I think you should send each school your transcript. If you apply for 10 schools, you send each of them your transcripts.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
MaxiDj:

I think you should send each school your transcript. If you apply for 10 schools, you send each of them your transcripts.
That's your best bet. Send the transcripts separately to each of the schools you are willing to apply to. I just sent mine last week.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 8:49am On Nov 20, 2014
I want to thank everyone for the good job here. Starflux and Co...

Forgive my absence but am here now. I am sorry my beloved people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mickyboiz: 9:26am On Nov 20, 2014
Inxyz:

wer av u been sir ppl needs u here
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Genfront: 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
Pls house i need urgent answer to this question;i have someone with a totally different name that wants to stand as my financial sponsor,but not so much an elite,so i need a format/draft of the financial sponsor guarantee letter.pls i'ld reali appreciate if d answer comes in fast.tanx in anticipation
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2014
Genfront:
Pls house i need urgent answer to this question;i have someone with a totally different name that wants to stand as my financial sponsor,but not so much an elite,so i need a format/draft of the financial sponsor guarantee letter.pls i'ld reali appreciate if d answer comes in fast.tanx in anticipation

You don't have much problem, let him write very simplified letter...

Guarantors address
School address

Dear....

Guarantee Letter for Mr. X.

I... have known Mr. X for....year. He's my... and it's my pleasure to be his guarantor.

In my account....with...bank, I have 98000NOK equivalent and will transfer the said amount at your request to enable him further his studies for master programme in your institution. More so, the statement of my account is hereby attached for your information.

Please contact me if any additional information is required.

Sincerely,
Signature of guarrantor
Phone number
Email address

This is just a crude structure, you can make it more structural with simple defined meaning.

Remember that every page of the bank state must be stamped or authenticated and sealed.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rafcrown(m): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
StarFlux:
I'd say Norway definitely (easier). The unemployment rate in Germany is 4,9%, while it is 3.4% in Norway. I have never been to Germany so my opinion on the matter probably wouldn't reflect reality, but it's probably tougher as it's a bigger country going through rough times.
One basic factor that you have to consider is the population of the 2 countries.The population of Germany is 82 MILLION AND the population of Norway is 5 million.It means a lot.Luxembourg has a population of just 1 million people and the unemployment rate is now about 6%.Japan has a population 127 million people and the unemployment rate is like that of Norway with 5 million people.It means that Germany is more than 12 times more populated than Norway but the unemployment gap is just less than 2%.I love Norway and I love Germany.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
hi,
i want to apply for undergraduate admission in the university of oslo and i really don't know how to go about it.

i need to know the requirements and everything i need to put in other before i get accepted.
And if you know of anyother university that offers courses in english, kindly let me know.

Can anyone help pls?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
do i need to submit transcripts for any undergraduate course?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2014
hello...pls someone should reply.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 9:03am On Nov 26, 2014
does the schools provide hostels for students?
if yes, how much is it?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 11:04am On Nov 26, 2014
monica90:
does the schools provide hostels for students?
if yes, how much is it?

Monica, I was at the admin of my school yesterday to inquire about BSC admissions.

From their answers, you must understand Norsk before you can be admitted.

Also, if you don't, then you must go tru a 1yr course in Norsk and pass before you can be considered for admission.

The 1yr Norsk program is only possible if you are already in Norway according by them because they will not assist you in getting visa for this one year course. So I understand it's for people that are already here.

For Hostels, yes they will provide you one. In fact before your arrival because you need to show Norge Embassy that you have somewhere to stay before your Visa app can be granted. You have to pay between 3000NOK to 5000NOK depending on place and city.

I hope this helps, wish you all the best of luck in your application.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by monica90: 11:30am On Nov 26, 2014
thank you so much for replying.
do you know of any school offering Norsk as a course?
if yes, kindly let me know.

And any help about visa to study Norsk?
Any information will be good...just confused though.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
Inxyz:

I learnt the 'no tuition' will be scrapped soon. Any idea about that?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemenger: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
[quote author=MaxiDj post=27053203]

No. u upload original documents. then u download the application form. fill it, sign it and add a colored photo on the last page of the form and upload it. [/quote
l'm applying to ntnu,
1.I have downloaded the form but do I print and fill with pen, scan and upload or i fill the soft copy and upload back.
2. what necessary docs do I upload under the work experience aside the CV.
3. Must I upload the financial doc now in online application.
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
[quote author=chemenger post=28364413][/quote]

1. You can either fill it online or with pen. If online, you print it and sign it and then scan and upload it.
2. Work experience, I think your cv and recommendation letters are enough.
3. Upload the financial doc anytime you like provided you beat the Jan 15 deadline.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemenger: 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
MaxiDj:

1. You can either fill it online or with pen. If online, you print it and sign it and then scan and upload it.
2. Work experience, I think your cv and recommendation letters are enough.
3. Upload the financial doc anytime you like provided you beat the Jan 15 deadline.
Thanks for the quick response.
Here's what I did but correct me if I'm wrong. I filled the first 3pages online and printed out the last one where I need to sign and date, then combine everything together and upload.
Please what's the format for financial docs to be submitted. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
chemenger:
Thanks for the quick response.
Here's what I did but correct me if I'm wrong. I filled the first 3pages online and printed out the last one where I need to sign and date, then combine everything together and upload.
Please what's the format for financial docs to be submitted. Thanks

Did you add a colored photograph of yours to the last page?

financial docs will be printed from the bank for you then you scan and upload them. Copy the scanned pics and paste them in ms word. then you can either save it as a word file or pdf. tjen you upload it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemenger: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
MaxiDj:

Did you add a colored photograph of yours to the last page?

financial docs will be printed from the bank for you then you scan and upload them. Copy the scanned pics and paste them in ms word. then you can either save it as a word file or pdf. tjen you upload it.
No I didn't oo. I will do that now. hope the method I used is ok? This fin. doc is the SOA of my sponsor alone abi, no any letter involved ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MaxiDj(m): 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
chemenger:

No I didn't oo. I will do that now. hope the method I used is ok? This fin. doc is the SOA of my sponsor alone abi, no any letter involved ?

noo oo. the letter by the sponsor stating his willingness to sponsor you and signed. scroll up to see the format @Inxyz posted.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemenger: 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gambros:
Please Inxyz and co, I need to be clarified on some things. I would like to do my masters in NTNU. I studied chemical engr and had 2:1. I am a bit confused on how to even start up the process,like what n what to put together first. I have gone through their site but really am not clear on how to start up the process. Please I need assistance. Thank you.
I also studied Chem ENG. at undergraduate level with 2:1. I have started my application to ntnu. I know u must have completed urs by now. Pls let's hook up and see how we assist other in the application process. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemenger: 9:51am On Nov 27, 2014
Thanks for good job guys, i realised that as one progresses thru the application more questions come up. Please help with the following questions in respect to ntnu application(msc)

1. After having uploaded the bank documents, do I still need to post the hard copy to ntnu?
2. From what I read on their website I understand that the only docs to be sent to them is the transcript and must be sent directly from the school. Please correct me if I'm wrong. All other docs are uploaded on their website.
3. how easy would it be to switch from one school to the other after arriving Norway.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.