Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550345 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aodis: 10:21am On May 07, 2015
Has HBV given anybody offer yet?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Talk2bryant(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2015
have been following this thread since 2010 since I have d dream of travelling abroad for my tertiary education,about resuming for my final year session, planning on furthering at Norway,you guys have been awesome,the information have gotten here over the years have been good,and I have the believe I can do it without an agent,cos it was an agent that ruined my plan in 2010, kudos to you guys.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 8:49am On May 08, 2015
@lnxyz, stewiepeter, starflux.
Please kindly highlight the steps involved in applying for Visa/Student permit. Starting from depositing of funds................NTNU
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 10, 2015
follow the instructions as it's written on your admission letter.
accept your offer, sign the NTNU's copy and send to the Int'l admission's office email, tell them to reserve an accommodation for you.
deposit your subsistence money at the bank. NTNU should have sent the account number to you.
the Int'l office will send a confirmatory message to you when they receive the cash.
pay your visa fee and get all the required documents.

goldfings:
@lnxyz, stewiepeter, starflux.
Please kindly highlight the steps involved in applying for Visa/Student permit. Starting from depositing of funds................NTNU

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 10, 2015
chunaph:
follow the instructions as it's written on your admission letter.
accept your offer, sign the NTNU's copy and send to the Int'l admission's office email, tell them to reserve an accommodation for you.
deposit your subsistence money at the bank. NTNU should have sent the account number to you.
the Int'l office will send a confirmatory message to you when they receive the cash.

pay your visa fee and get all the required documents.

Fnx boss

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Woody234: 5:37am On May 11, 2015
Dear NL please help me out with this.

I thought the amount to be deposited was NOK 97850 the UDI website seems to require NOK100 920 as deposite. But on the school's website the amount remains NOK 97850
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lobito007(m): 6:31am On May 11, 2015
Woody234:
Dear NL please help me out with this.

I thought the amount to be deposited was NOK 97850 the UDI website seems to require NOK100 920 as deposite. But on the school's website the amount remains NOK 97850
The school would have specified on the admission letter. Follow that! What course were you admitted to study?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Woody234: 9:21am On May 11, 2015
lobito007:

The school would have specified on the admission letter. Follow that! What course were you admitted to study?

International Law.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Woody234: 9:24am On May 11, 2015
lobito007:

its not mentioned on the letter I was only referred to the UDI webpage but the school's website has different figures from UDI
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 10:33am On May 15, 2015
Woody234:

its not mentioned on the letter I was only referred to the UDI webpage but the school's website has different figures from UDI

Pay the UDI amount to be at the safe side.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 10:35am On May 15, 2015
Any other person coming to Stavanger?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lobito007(m): 10:57am On May 15, 2015
Hello house. Today is the proposed date by NTNU to communicate admission outcomes. Has any applicant here received from them? Please respond urgently.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 11:09am On May 15, 2015
@Inxyz I am also coming to Stavanger
@Lobito007...NTNU has started contacting those that were successful in their application as I was sent an admission letter email since 4th of May. I wish you best of luck!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lobito007(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2015
akin08:
@Inxyz I am also coming to Stavanger
@Lobito007...NTNU has started contacting those that were successful in their application as I was sent an admission letter email since 4th of May. I wish you best of luck!
Did your soknadsweb account reflect the change? What course were you offered?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 2:19pm On May 15, 2015
lobito007:

Did your soknadsweb account reflect the change? What course were you offered?

yes my soknadsweb account reflects that ve been offered admission. Msc Rams
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Woody234: 2:35pm On May 18, 2015
Inxyz:

Pay the UDI amount to be at the safe side.
many thanks Bro
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Doveliyy: 4:20pm On May 18, 2015
dan28chuks:
Hello people,

PLEASE WHO KNOWS ABOUT NARVIK UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, NORWAY?[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=12pt][/size]

Please I need a very urgent response to this request. Can someone who is well informed about norway please get back to me as soon as possible. Cos I have just 4 days left to make this decision, pleaaase.

I applied for admission some time in February, and just got a mail from Narvik University College (NUC) in Norway informing me of the University offering me admission into their Msc Engineering Design. The mail was sent by I suppose, the Senior Executive Officer, International Affairs of NUC, via his personal official school email. On the mail was attached the Admission letter and other adjoining documents to be acknowledged and instructions about processing my travel documents. In the mail, i was told that they hard copy of the admission offer letter will be sent via post and that I should not wait till that arrives nigeria before I commence processing my documents for visa and others because of the limited time required for visa and residence permit processing. I was instructed to print the mailed offer letter and other documents, sign where necessary and return scanned copies of the documents to NUC, via mail before 10th of May, 2015, and then commence my visa application. The document contained information about the Student Union Bank account where prospective admitted students pay in the 2.5M per year living expenses, after which will be transferred to the student's account when the student arrives norway.

Right now, I have a problem with verifying the authenticity of the Bank account to avoid being defrauded. I have contacted Stanbic IBTC, to help me make enquiries about the account in norway. I was told that the IBAN number exists but that they cannot confirm the authenticity of the account. Another confusing thing is that the Bank account information sent to me is same with that on the school's website. Below is the Bank account info:

Name of School: Narvik University College

Bank account number: 4520 12 39463

Bank account owner: Studentsamskipnaden i Narvik

Bank: Sparebanken Narvik

Postal Address: P.o.boxc 102, N-8502 Narvik, Norway

SWIFT-BIC: NARVN021

IBAN number: NO97 4520 12 39463

Please can somebody help me here. How can I verify the authenticity of this account? Does anyone know about NUC or had any dealing with them? How good is Narvik and NUC? Can one easily get work in Narvik?

Please Mr. Dan can you give me a little information on the procedures you went through during your applications. I want to apply for MSc engineering Design, in NUC for next year. I need to start now to prepare myself. Also, do they give undergraduate admissions to Nigerians?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 8:31am On May 19, 2015
royal1989:
please i need help on this issue:
i went to VSF to submit my resident permit norway document a week ago with my bank statement. same day i recieve a reply that my visa documents have been recive by the Norwegian embassy. the problem is. i need some money from my account, can i withdraw from it.

pls house can I submit my visa/RP application documents at VFS visa application centre in lagos as stated on http://www.emb-norway.com.ng/studywork/visaandresidence1/Visa-information/Where-to-submit-applications/#.VVragnZwZdc.

as my job will not permit me to travel to abj at the moment.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Inxyz: 11:00pm On May 19, 2015
akin08:

pls house can I submit my visa/RP application documents at VFS visa application centre in lagos as stated on http://www.emb-norway.com.ng/studywork/visaandresidence1/Visa-information/Where-to-submit-applications/#.VVragnZwZdc.

as my job will not permit me to travel to abj at the moment.

Yes, try the Lagos centre.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dan28chuks: 12:18pm On May 21, 2015
Doveliyy:

Please Mr. Dan can you give me a little information on the procedures you went through during your applications. I want to apply for MSc engineering Design, in NUC for next year. I need to start now to prepare myself. Also, do they give undergraduate admissions to Nigerians?

Thats just it. you have to be determined.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dan28chuks: 12:19pm On May 21, 2015
Let start afresh.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dan28chuks: 2:33pm On May 21, 2015
Okay Mr Doveliyy,

Let express the fact that you have determined within you that you want to go for the Msc Engineering Design in NUC. That's quite remarkable.

Usually, it doesn't take much to prepare your applications documents...it is pretty straight forward. Basically, all you need is the patience to read through the instructions on the requirements and procedures for admission as it is on the school website. All the application documents required of you are there. Infact, the requirements from the school for admission into Msc. Engineering Designs are far less strigent when compared to other Norwegian higher institutions.

I may not be able to give you all the information you require, however, I would encourage you to go to the department's website and read up for yourself. But, i will comment on a few of the documentations for the application for admission.

1. Proof of English Language Profficiency - Usually NUC require applicants to have obtained a score of a min. of 5.0 on IETLS, as proof of profficiency in english. Nigerians usually are not required to provide english profficiency test results . The fact that your undergraduate as well as secondary educations were conducted in english language, you do not require tests results as proof of english profficiency. Your WAEC results and degree results are evidences of that fact. All you need do is to request for a letter from your undergraduate university, stating that your undergraduate studies were conducted in english Language. This letter should be addressed to NUC. Most nigerian universities send this letter alongside the student's transcript.

2. Make sure all your application documents are properly notarized by a notary.

3. Msc. ED in NUC, do not require applicants to provide Letters of Recommendation or Statement of Purpose, however, you are advised to submit these so as to add valuable information about your application. In addition, if you have any work experience, you are also advised to submit notarized copies of your employment letter. Also include a notarized scanned copy of your International passport, certified copies of your birth, WAEC and Degree Certificates. May may decide to notarize these later documents.

4. Official copy of your academic transcript to be sent directly to NUC by your undergraduate institution.

I think these are basically all you require. Make sure these application documents arrive NUC before the deadline, usually 1st March. That is all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bontia(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2015
Hello guys pls how long did it take for you to get a response from the embassy concerning the success of your visa application?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by waleron4: 12:54am On May 26, 2015
Do they accept 2:2? What schools in Norway accept 2:2? Thank you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rexever(m): 12:29pm On May 26, 2015
I so much appreciate every information. on this platform here and please my people I need a link with someone in Norway that can help me to come there based on agreement I will pay the persons whatever he or she demand for,y motive is to go there to hustle work
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okchris: 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
Good Day Wonderful People in the House. Please, anyone in University of Nordland, Bodo. I need assistance with accommodation to enable ease in my Visa Application. I already applied through the school, but I was informed the queue is so long. Will be checking for a favorable response from s Good Samaritan. BLESS!!!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2015
okchris:
Good Day Wonderful People in the House. Please, anyone in University of Nordland, Bodo. I need assistance with accommodation to enable ease in my Visa Application. I already applied through the school, but I was informed the queue is so long. Will be checking for a favorable response from s Good Samaritan. BLESS!!!

U definitely have to stay in one of the student homes; very cold n boring town; few nigerians; I think the richest nigerian man in norway lives there; he is an ibo medical doctor(odinaka); there is hardly any job for u if u don't know norsk except aftenposten jobs; unlike oslo, stavanger n trondheim where there are loads of jobs. Get ready to suffer from depression as a result of loneliness; I graduated from there in 2011. ÐεƔ have got cute girls anyway, but the cold there na die. Gets to -20 degrees during winter.Just study for one year, and go and make d big bucks in oslo during your second year, u can always fly down to bodo for important lectures, quiz n exams. Goodluck.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by WhyNa: 9:02am On Jun 02, 2015
Hi house, please are there scholarships available for MSc students? I want to go in for Public health
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Woody234: 6:21am On Jun 10, 2015
Dear Niralanders
please how did u transfer Money to Sio deposit account Access Bank has refused to do the transfer unless the University sends an invoice with figures in dollars. and the deadline is close

any reply asap will help
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by akin08: 10:02am On Jun 13, 2015
Woody234:
Dear Niralanders
please how did u transfer Money to Sio deposit account Access Bank has refused to do the transfer unless the University sends an invoice with figures in dollars. and the deadline is close
any reply asap will help

I think you should consider using other banks like gtb and first bank. I transfered mine via 1st bank n i got acknowledgmnt email frm uis the followin day.

Best of luck
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by age2richee: 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hello people, Good day. Please I'm considering a master's degree in Tromso. Do u think I can get a job there? I'd appreciate your prompt response. Thanks much
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by age2richee: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
lobito007:
Any NTNU hopeful in the house? I rep Nat Gas Tech.

Yes brother, we here smiley. Please how easy is the admission process? And can I get a part time job an a naija guy without fore knowledge of the Scandinavian languages?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.