Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550794 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 3:43am On May 22, 2016
iXavier:

I don't understand, can't these guys that resell dollars or help people to shop online help you people

Must the money be coming from Nigeria?
Pardon me just wanted to help cause June 1 is closer

Hello Ixavier, it is far more expensive to source foreign exchange via black market. Many of us can't afford the black market equivalence of the deposit because the difference in the converted sum, going by CBN's current rate(198 per dollar ) versus what we have in the black market(320 per dollar ), is about 1.5m. And that's of course if it isn't yet worse than that.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by AdaAnambra: 8:46am On May 22, 2016
Kulex:
Hello guys, other than Loco2, has anyone else succeeded with their transfer of deposit? I've been with Ecobank unsuccessfully for 4weeks and thinking of switching to another. Any suggestions?
This your question is not even clear. I think you should send them an email through engcontactcentre@ecobank.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 8:54am On May 22, 2016
AdaAnambra:
This your question is not even clear. I think you should send them an email through engcontactcentre@ecobank.com

AdaAnambra I have been communicating with them through that email for weeks. They keep promising to deliver but so far they haven't debited my account. It's been 4 weeks since I applied for the transfer using form A.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chaiks: 1:07pm On May 22, 2016
@bandeco,tnks for your insightful reply. I I'll really look up universities in those countries and the chance es of staying back while tracking Norway still. The issue is that apart from getting quality education, I v long desired to live in Norway because I see it as a place one can get good life, business opportunity, and high wages. Now, let's say I finish my masters in uio which is my target, can I do a certification course in say marketing or project management and use it to pin down like sales or hotel jobs while looking for bigger opportunities? @rinzylee, I appreciate your advice. I'll check up d Commonwealth scholarship, but do you know if one can as well get scholarship in any Scandinavian country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 10:37am On May 28, 2016
Exchange rate be cutting my head like sey no tomorrow. May God help my pocket.
And may these increased expenses ultimately not be in vain in Norway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by obehivan: 8:32pm On May 28, 2016
Goodday guys.im so happy to have found this forum. I have a cgpa of 3.2/5 from uniport and I want to know if I stand a chance in a Msc in public health in the university of tromso and is it also competitive to get an admission there? Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 12:29pm On May 29, 2016
olujastro:

Yeah. This year in particular was very competitive as applicants were way too many, which has led to far less people discussing travel plans here.
Several guys including myself have challenges in transferring the required funds due to lack of forex at CBN. My worry is that UiS deadline to transfer d money is June 1.
Contact anyone in Scandinavia to help you transfer the said amount from there. Then you reimburse the person with equivalent naira here via the persons account
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chizyraky: 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
I really want to appreciate @Starflux @Inxyz and others who has been the backbone of this thread. You guys has done a great job I must confess and got almost all my questions answer. God will continue to bless you all. But please I have some questions.

I graduated with a cgpa of 3.46 in electrical/electronics engineering. From the informations you guys have given so far, I think going for a 1 year programme will pay more than going for masters which is highly competitive (I love competitions but I wouldn't want to gamble this chance grin ). I can go for masters after a second degree which having a degree there may increase my chances.

I wish to apply for an undergraduate programme in Nord Univerity. I have sent them a mail which they adviced me to go for 1year programme first on that course and later transfer to their bsc. From the beginning of this thread I've been seeing just oslo, stavanger, tromso,trondheim and bergen.

Please do any of these schools offer the 1year programme to people that are not based in Norway already?
Secondly, any one in Nord University? What are my chances of getting a job there that I can be doing while studying cos I've not heard anyone talk much about that side.
Pls I would appreciate and honest and quick answer. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chizyraky: 9:28am On Jun 03, 2016
Please Students in Nordland or anyone who has answers should please answer me. This thread should please come back alive.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
chizyraky:
Please Students in Nordland or anyone who has answers should please answer me. This thread should please come back alive.
Everybody don loss. The few wey get admission still they battle with scarce CBN forex to transfer their funds. It's well! It also appears the few going to Norway this year are quit taciturn on social media.
If I understand you well, you have a bsc here already but you want do something like a pre degree in Norway before even starting ur bsc there. Isn't that a bit condescending?
Well, do your research very well(no one would do that for you) and find what program suits you the most in the whole of Norway. You can check www.studyinnorway.no
People go more to Oslo, Trondheim, Stavanger, Bergen because they have the best Universities in the country and also because they are the largest cities with more vibrant economic activities which usually translates to more job opportunities, same way Lagos is to Nigeria.
I don't know much about Nordland and the University but you can always do ur online research to find out much more about what the city/region offers both academically and economically.
Wish you the best!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by niyogeol(m): 7:30am On Jun 06, 2016
Olujastro, were you able to transfer your funds to Stavanger before the June 1 deadline?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2016
niyogeol:
Olujastro, were you able to transfer your funds to Stavanger before the June 1 deadline?
Not exactly. I did my transfer in two tranches. The first on May 26, the second on June 3. I don't think the deadline is sacrosanct.
I've submitted my documents to VFS today.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chizyraky: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2016
olujastro:

Everybody don loss. The few wey get admission still they battle with scarce CBN forex to transfer their funds. It's well! It also appears the few going to Norway this year are quit taciturn on social media.
If I understand you well, you have a bsc here already but you want do something like a pre degree in Norway before even starting ur bsc there. Isn't that a bit condescending?
Well, do your research very well(no one would do that for you) and find what program suits you the most in the whole of Norway. You can check www.studyinnorway.no
People go more to Oslo, Trondheim, Stavanger, Bergen because they have the best Universities in the country and also because they are the largest cities with more vibrant economic activities which usually translates to more job opportunities, same way Lagos is to Nigeria.
I don't know much about Nordland and the University but you can always do ur online research to find out much more about what the city/region offers both academically and economically.
Wish you the best!
Thanks Olujastro for your response. I have done alot of research and the Universities i found in all those nice locations either insists on a 2.1, doesnt offer the course i want to students that are not from EU/EEA or my course of study in my bsc doesnt fit in to the masters programme i am applying for. Please if its possible, i would like to have your email or number. I would like to ask some personal questions. Thanks once more.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Obynocyse: 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
olujastro:

Not exactly. I did my transfer in two tranches. The first on May 26, the second on June 3. I don't think the deadline is sacrosanct.
I've submitted my documents to VFS today.

Please which bank did you use, how much did they charge you and did you pay in Norwegian currency?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
Obynocyse:

Please which bank did you use, how much did they charge you and did you pay in Norwegian currency?
I used gtb. They transferred in USD at N197.5/$. I hope you still find it at that amount with the new CBN policy today that has left the naira to float according to the market demands and supply, cos our Nigerian banks won't hesitate to immediately start selling forex at the new interbank rate.
They can only transfer the required equivalent in USD or Euros, NOK isn't really used in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kulex: 11:15am On Jun 18, 2016
Great job Olujastro! It's been a long and brain-straining journey for those of us who have successfully transfered the funds and applied for residence permit.
Apart from Olujastro, Loco2 and Kenny, are there other guys waiting for UDI's decision in the house?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mycoo1: 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello everyone, please I want to apply for a masters program at uis Norway, am currently serving and will round up October. Please I don't know if I can apply for the program now or should I wait. Please I need help thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mycoo1: 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello chizyraky, please can u send d email of the school u applied to in Norway so I can also try. I graduated with 3.97 civil engineering. Please I need help bro thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chizyraky: 9:03am On Jun 26, 2016
mycoo1:
Hello chizyraky, please can u send d email of the school u applied to in Norway so I can also try. I graduated with 3.97 civil engineering. Please I need help bro thanks

Hi mycoo1, sorry I've not been online for a while. If I got you right you need the names of the schools I wish to apply because each program has their coordinators with different emails.

I checked University of Stavanger (UiS), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), and Nordland University. But I'm forgetting the Nordland cos the course I wish to do is not offered in English.

I don't know the program you wish to apply but which ever one is on this link http://www.studyinnorway.no/ Check it out and make your choice. Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Computer science has a lot of options to choose from. Wish you the best.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chizyraky: 9:09am On Jun 26, 2016
mycoo1:
Hello everyone, please I want to apply for a masters program at uis Norway, am currently serving and will round up October. Please I don't know if I can apply for the program now or should I wait. Please I need help thanks

I believe that you must have rounded up your nysc before most of these schools opens their application portal so I suggest u get ready to apply this year. Start checking most of them from September. Endeavour to get your transcript, BSc certificate(original) not statement of result and waec certificate ready.

Get the courses you wish and prepare your statement of purpose for them too before then.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chizyraky: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
mycoo1:

I just got the info that one can make use of his/her B.Sc Statement of result if he/she doesn't have the original certificate yet.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
Congratulations to all those who got admitted and were able to successfully transfer the money. Try and buy all that you need before coming most especially those coming to Stavanger as things here are really expensive. Try and book for your flight asap.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2016

congrats bro. i sell cheap flight tickets. just give me ur arrival and depature place so i can give u prices here.
Do you still sell cheap flight tickets? I need a cheap ticket from Oslo to Stavanger Sola airport.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 2:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
stewiepeter:
Congratulations to all those who got admitted and were able to successfully transfer the money. Try and buy all that you need before coming most especially those coming to Stavanger as things here are really expensive. Try and book for your flight asap.
Were you able to buy winter jackets in Nigeria before leaving? I'm yet to find thick jackets around my area in Lagos. Naso so Sweater full market. Any idea where I can get such?
Having seen the price of items and the cost of my accommodation in Norway, I resolved to buy all I need for close to 1 year before leaving.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
Is summer now bro so you good with sweater
olujastro:

Were you able to buy winter jackets in Nigeria before leaving? I'm yet to find thick jackets around my area in Lagos. Naso so Sweater full market. Any idea where I can get such?
Having seen the price of items and the cost of my accommodation in Norway, I resolved to buy all I need for close to 1 year before leaving.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hej i can help you with the ticket booking
olujastro:

Do you still sell cheap flight tickets? I need a cheap ticket from Oslo to Stavanger Sola airport.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
ikswiss:
Hej i can help you with the ticket booking
OK, cool. I'm interested. Do you want to talk about it here, you can go ahead. Else, just pm me so we can discuss further details on the ticket booking.
For the jackets, I know it's Summer now but I'll be needing it ahead for winter.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
Is beta we talk here other wise you can give me a call +4more over when you coming to Norge
olujastro:

OK, cool. I'm interested. Do you want to talk about it here, you can go ahead. Else, just pm me so we can discuss further details on the ticket booking.
For the jackets, I know it's Summer now but I'll be needing it ahead for winter.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
ikswiss:
Is beta we talk here other wise you can give me a call +46 more over when you coming to Norge
Ok. So what airline do you have ticket for and how much is it?
My arrival date at Oslo Gardermoen is Aug 8 and I need an afternoon ticket say.... between 2-4pm.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
Norwegian air from Oslo to stavanger kl15 to arrive kl16:25
olujastro:

Ok. So what airline do you have ticket for and how much is it?
My arrival date at Oslo Gardermoen is Aug 8 and I need an afternoon ticket say.... between 2-4pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.