Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550340 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 8:59am On Mar 26, 2017
phermi:
Congrats to uchboggy. I likewise just got admitted to USN to study energy and enviromental technology.
However, my major concern is definitely the fact that I may not be able to stay back after my msc because for now Naija is not an option for me after 8 years without a reasonable job.
But if anyone has an idea of what I can possibly do after my studies to remain or other practicable options to relocate to another country that I would gladly appreciate.
Thanks for helpful suggestions in advance.
Bros plenty people don't want anything to do with Nigeria when they leave this country myself included.

You have gotten admission, congratulations. Take a step at a time. When you get to the bridge there might be a way to transverse it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 9:04am On Mar 26, 2017
philoxy4:

Yes ,i am also waiting for monday to get the outcome,though UIT gave me admission i prefer NTNU.
Who won't prefer ntnu over Tromsø

Tromsø have not sent me a rejection/admission notification, I hope I still have a chance with them. I am also awaiting NTNU decision tomorrow, hopefully I can beat the odds and get a very surprise good news.

I sent you a pm... I wil like to connect with you on whatsApp if you don't mind.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
mantleguy:

Who won't prefer ntnu over Tromsø

Tromsø have not sent me a rejection/admission notification, I hope I still have a chance with them. I am also awaiting NTNU decision tomorrow, hopefully I can beat the odds and get a very surprise good news.

I sent you a pm... I wil like to connect with you on whatsApp if you don't mind.

Sorry am not quite familiar with the nairaland interface,it keeps bouncing your connection request.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by portable300(f): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
I also got an offer of admission from UIT. I haven't confirmed the offer yet because I'm waiting for other schools I applied to, but if I will be going to tromso, I'm glad I won't be the only Nigerian for this session there. I will need a female roommate please if anyone knows someone that will need too because their accommodation is very expensive.

Please is it possible I confirm two schools? not that if I should confirm one, I won't be able to confirm another one even though I prefer it to the first one and is there anyone on this thread that can share information about the school apart from the one on their website? If yes, please do, I will be grateful.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 7:07am On Mar 27, 2017
I am also waiting for NTNU(today) and stavanger. To know if I will be heading to Sweden or Norway. Whichever way is OK by me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 7:13am On Mar 27, 2017
portable300:
I also got an offer of admission from UIT. I haven't confirmed the offer yet because I'm waiting for other schools I applied to, but if I will be going to tromso, I'm glad I won't be the only Nigerian for this session there. I will need a female roommate please if anyone knows someone that will need too because their accommodation is very expensive.

Please is it possible I confirm two schools? not that if I should confirm one, I won't be able to confirm another one even though I prefer it to the first one and is there anyone on this thread that can share information about the school apart from the one on their website? If yes, please do, I will be grateful.
Did they give you guys deadline to accept or decline the offer?
I think they are waiting for persons to decline an offer to create room for people like us that are yet to receive any acceptance/rejection email. So technically I am on waiting list grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 9:30am On Mar 27, 2017
mantleguy:

Did they give you guys deadline to accept or decline the offer?
I think they are waiting for persons to decline an offer to create room for people like us that are yet to receive any acceptance/rejection email. So technically I am on waiting list grin grin

We have till April 14th to accept or decline
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kraizybone(m): 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
I got admitted into USN to study Maritime Management.. In the admission letter, they stated I have till 10th May to transfer the 103999 NOK... My issue now is.. I really don't have the cash and don't know how to raise it. Don't have security for a bank loan either.. It's really a dilemma. I'm believing God.
Anyone got any ideas for me to raise the cash?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
kraizybone:
I got admitted into USN to study Maritime Management.. In the admission letter, they stated I have till 10th May to transfer the 103999 NOK... My issue now is.. I really don't have the cash and don't know how to raise it. Don't have security for a bank loan either.. It's really a dilemma. I'm believing God.
Oh sad to read this.

Didn't you read about the residence permit requirement before applying?

I suppose you were required to provide evidence of funds during the application process.

It is well sha.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kraizybone(m): 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
Bandeco:

Oh sad to read this.

Didn't you read about the residence permit requirement before applying?

I suppose you were required to provide evidence of funds during the application process.

It is well sha.

I didn't really provide any such evidence. I was aware of the requirement but assumed there was or would be a way to circumvent it.. apparently I was wrong.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by michael1385: 12:40am On Mar 28, 2017
Just got admission letter from ntnu.....m.sc physics. I don't know how to cope there without working.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by michael1385: 12:42am On Mar 28, 2017
Just got admission to ntnu m.sc physics. I don't know how to cope there without working.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oyakhilomedest: 7:15am On Mar 28, 2017
@ Mantleguy..have you received admission decision from NTNU.I am yet to get.Congrats @ Michael
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 11:09am On Mar 28, 2017
kraizybone:

I didn't really provide any such evidence. I was aware of the requirement but assumed there was or would be a way to circumvent it.. apparently I was wrong.
You don't circumvent the law in Norway or in any developed country... The law must be followed by all no matter how highly placed the person is.

That was a foolhardy thinking by you .
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 11:18am On Mar 28, 2017
michael1385:
Just got admission letter from ntnu.....m.sc physics. I don't know how to cope there without working.
Bros NTNU give you admission.. Wow.. You must have graduated with first class? gringrin

A friend applied to the same physics msc at NTNU but was declined base on low GPA. He graduated with a second upper (3.57). How can that be low.?

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you. You are in a very prestigious and renowned university in Scandinavia. You be egghead.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 11:22am On Mar 28, 2017
oyakhilomedest:
@ Mantleguy..have you received admission decision from NTNU.I am yet to get.Congrats @ Michael
I have received. It was a decline based on low GPA.

All the same : still waiting for UiS, NMBU, UiA, and Tromsø(I was wait listed here)

Perhaps you have been wait-listed since you have not received any notification.

You can check ur spam folder or ask Michael whether any deadline to accept/decline admission offer.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oyakhilomedest: 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
I have checked my spam folder,no mail from them.Howver,I have written to the guy that sent us mail asking us to wait till 27th for decisions..I applied to UiS.Should hear from them by month end
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
mantleguy:

Bros NTNU give you admission.. Wow.. You must have graduated with first class? gringrin

A friend applied to the same physics msc at NTNU but was declined base on low GPA. He graduated with a second upper (3.57). How can that be low.?

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you. You are in a very prestigious and renowned university in Scandinavia. You be egghead.
@mantleguy i got ntnu's response but they said my course is fullybooked,so tromso is all have got
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Made123: 12:46am On Mar 29, 2017
I also applied to ntnu but it didn't scale through. Let's hope to get a positive response from other universities. Between, did anyone also apply to Adger uni..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 5:50am On Mar 29, 2017
philoxy4:

@mantleguy i got ntnu's response but they said my course is fullybooked,so tromso is all have got
Good you have Tromsø in the bag already. So head to Tromsø and do exploit.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 5:59am On Mar 29, 2017
philoxy4:

Fullybooked?? Meaning no spot available for you. A DECLINE I guess. You have been admitted to UiT - another great school in the arctic. Congratulations.

Do you know of anyone that got an outright decline by Tromsø? I got no notification mail from them yet.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by portable300(f): 8:17am On Mar 29, 2017
philoxy4:

Philoxy4 have you checked your Søknadsweb for UIT recently? Did you notice any changes?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Oluomo578: 11:19am On Mar 29, 2017
Dear All, I applied to NTNU and got an admmision response on Monday 27th, that i should provide my Financial document within 3 weeks of receiving the mail. My question is, would dey confirm the statement from the source bank in Nigeria? Thank a bunch for your response!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
mantleguy:

Fullybooked?? Meaning no spot available for you. A DECLINE I guess. You have been admitted to UiT - another great school in the arctic. Congratulations.

Do you know of anyone that got an outright decline by Tromsø? I got no notification mail from them yet.
I guess that is what it meant because they habe only 25 spots for my course,however have not seen anyone with decline
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 12:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
portable300:

Philoxy4 have you checked your Søknadsweb for UIT recently? Did you notice any changes?
I have not checked,i am in a remote locatiom so my internet access is limited i will check when i get back,hope all is well
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by portable300(f): 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
philoxy4:

I have not checked,i am in a remote locatiom so my internet access is limited i will check when i get back,hope all is well
Mine changed, I just want to know if it's general.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
portable300:

Mine changed, I just want to know if it's general.
What change did you observe.The only change i observed before travelling was that i had option to accept or reject my course and my 2nd choice showed rejected
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DeepEyes: 10:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
kraizybone:
So sorry to hear this. Wished cud help but we're talking around 3.7m. Thats quite a sum to try to just rustle extemporaneously. I Wish u well tho. Give it ur best, and if that's not good enough, don't dispair; if a door shuts, a window swings open! Keep ur head high bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by portable300(f): 6:22am On Mar 30, 2017
philoxy4:

What change did you observe.The only change i observed before travelling was that i had option to accept or reject my course and my 2nd choice showed rejected
Well, I think they are trying to update the site.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by michael1385: 7:08am On Mar 30, 2017
Pls I need advise from guru in the house. If I am able to borrow the money and transfer,will the money be available for me to return when I get there?
What's the possibility that I can get a menial job to survive while studying?
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 10:28am On Mar 30, 2017
michael1385:
Pls I need advise from guru in the house. If I am able to borrow the money and transfer,will the money be available for me to return when I get there?
What's the possibility that I can get a menial job to survive while studying?
Thanks
Congratulations to you guys on your admission.
Towards the end of September, latest first week of October, your account should be up and running and your school will transfer the money back to you and will likely take out rents for Aug, Sept, Oct.
For job, no one can answer that. I'll use a few examples to give you a clue.
My friend in tromso was lucky to get a job 2wks after arriving in August.
The last time I was in touch with my friends in trondheim was early January and they were still looking for work.
Those in porsgrunn too say they haven't gotten jobs.
I managed to get a job here last week, that's 8 months after arrival, while others that came with me are still searching. Some have gotten jobs and lost it too due to the current economic mess in Norway now.
So if you can live a life of uncertainty, good for you, as for me I can not, cos if you don't have your own money, chances are you'll be spending more time worried about where your next month's rent will come from. And nothing like under bridge here.
Your story might be different eventually, who knows.
My advice is, have at least half of the money as your own so you can manage it till you find a job.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by michael1385: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2017
Tnx olujastro....which school ar u n what's ur course of study?

Pls, even if I am able to get job...will the pay be enough to pay my rent n feed?

quote author=olujastro post=55094095]
Congratulations to you guys on your admission.
Towards the end of September, latest first week of October, your account should be up and running and your school will transfer the money back to you and will likely take out rents for Aug, Sept, Oct.
For job, no one can answer that. I'll use a few examples to give you a clue.
My friend in tromso was lucky to get a job 2wks after arriving in August.
The last time I was in touch with my friends in trondheim was early January and they were still looking for work.
Those in porsgrunn too say they haven't gotten jobs.
I managed to get a job here last week, that's 8 months after arrival, while others that came with me are still searching. Some have gotten jobs and lost it too due to the current economic mess in Norway now.
So if you can live a life of uncertainty, good for you, as for me I can not, cos if you don't have your own money, chances are you'll be spending more time worried about where your next month's rent will come from. And nothing like under bridge here.
Your story might be different eventually, who knows.
My advice is, have at least half of the money as your own so you can manage it till you find a job. [/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.