Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550853 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by seunny4lif(m): 7:02am On Jul 17, 2017
trilobite:

I am bored, here goes:

Undergraduate studies are mostly taught in Norwegian. Only way in is to register for a Norwegian course and pass the exam before he is considered for undergraduate study.

problem: you have to be a resident to apply for said language course.

Thanks
No English taught Language
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by segunojo866: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
sobastical:
Why trolling brother? You've left the usa thread angry angry angry
no o am still on the US thread and am preparing for interview
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sobastical: 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2017
I quit already
segunojo866:
no o am still on the US thread and am preparing for interview
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by segunojo866: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2017
sobastical:
I quit already
why did you quit
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
anyone here to help on how to secure my visa to Norway?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sobastical: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
segunojo866:
why did you quit

Check your PM
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by nonexy11: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hello guys, please I want to find out if it's safe to carry dried bitter leaf, Egusi and stock fish to Norway I hope they won't worry me at the airport ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
nonexy11:
Hello guys, please I want to find out if it's safe to carry dried bitter leaf, Egusi and stock fish to Norway I hope they won't worry me at the airport ..

Lol..it's just funny cos u said stockfish .I had tot na Norway gangan get stockfish tongue...anyway,never bin there though but av a bro that resides in Oslo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rinzylee(m): 10:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
All the stockfish imported into Nigeria is From Norway. Save yourself the stress o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
nonexy11:
Yes, it's safe to bring all the above items. I brought dried leaf and Egusi, but not stock fish for personal reasons.
Though I don't go to the fish market cos I only use the grocery stores, I understand the stock fish here is fresh, not dry like we use ours.
My general advice to those coming is: bring more of food spices and soup things than raw food like rice, spaghetti, etc. Those are cheap here.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
I wanna run my master prog in NHH, I need someone to guide me please.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 9:15am On Jul 30, 2017
Gratitude to every contribution made in this thread; have been inspired by your various input. Special greetings to Starflex and Bandeco & Olujastro & co. - your input counts a lot to us. I have to admit it does appear aspiring students for MSc with 3rd class (BSc) don't have a chance getting admitted. However, what about if they got some good working experience to go with it? Some German universities do accommodate such folks for admission, can such be said of the Norweigian Universities?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
okezie007:
Gratitude to every contribution made in this thread; have been inspired by your various input. Special greetings to Starflex and Bandeco & Olujastro & co. - your input counts a lot to us. I have to admit it does appear aspiring students for MSc with 3rd class (BSc) don't have a chance getting admitted. However, what about if they got some good working experience to go with it? Some German universities do accommodate such folks for admission, can such be said of the Norweigian Universities?
To be honest, anything below a 2.1 will require a miracle for most Norwegian universities. That's because of the competition from across the world in getting free, quality education in Norway. A few schools like NTNU and UiS require you to have at least 4.0 GPA out of 5.0 to be able to apply to them. And 4.0 GPA doesn't guarantee the admission. Experience counts and gives an advantage in addition to having a good GPA, especially when there are so many high GPA applicants.
Unlike Germany, Norway has a much smaller population and as well fewer universities. So that might be a factor causing the stiff competition.
You can check out the course you want and the academic requirements of the school offering it on studyinnorway.no. But personally, I'm yet to come across a school with lower academic requirement.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
olujastro:

To be honest, anything below a 2.1 will require a miracle for most Norwegian universities. That's because of the competition from across the world in getting free, quality education in Norway. A few schools like NTNU and UiS require you to have at least 4.0 GPA out of 5.0 to be able to apply to them. And 4.0 GPA doesn't guarantee the admission. Experience counts and gives an advantage in addition to having a good GPA, especially when there are so many high GPA applicants.
Unlike Germany, Norway has a much smaller population and as well fewer universities. So that might be a factor causing the stiff competition.
You can check out the course you want and the academic requirements of the school offering it on studyinnorway.no. But personally, I'm yet to come across a school with lower academic requirement.
Thanks! I really do appreciate your response. Have already spotted a course - Industrial Engineering @Tromso university. I'd be hoping they accept C grade result along with my experience when the application window opens for 2018
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
okezie007:
Thanks! I really do appreciate your response. Have already spotted a course - Industrial Engineering @Tromso university. I'd be hoping they accept C grade result along with my experience when the application window opens for 2018
Olujastro has said it all.. It is almost impossible to get into a Norwegian University without a 2.1 especially if you came from a developing land. Tromsø even specifically required a "B" grade from applicants from developing countries.

However, there is no harm in trying Lykke til.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oakslid: 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Any Nigerian arriving Trondheim should contact me.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 11:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
Bandeco:

Olujastro has said it all.. It is almost impossible to get into a Norwegian University without a 2.1 especially if you came from a developing land. Tromsø even specifically required a "B" grade from applicants from developing countries.

However, there is no harm in trying Lykke til.
Elder Bandeco am in complete agreement with you #NoHarmInTrying

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aodis: 12:25am On Aug 01, 2017
Pls who knows any educational consultant that does add more admission process in Norway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
Thanks to all the contributors on this thread

Plz I need some clarifications on the following;

1, Can i apply to 2 different courses in the same school at the same time??

2, Is there a limit to the number of schools i can apply to??

3, It seems the English test is now compulsory??

4, whats the difference between universities and university college??

Am looking at University of Oslo, but most of the courses relating to what I want to study only take about 15 students per session. Should i be worried??
My GP is Around 4.00

Are there other good schools in Oslo i can consider??

I hv a Bsc in Geography and Meteorology, and i want to do masters in Remote sensing or something related.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
anybody in university of bergen, norwegean university of life science or university of stravanger should please PM me. i really need your assisstance pls. thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lalaski001:
Thanks to all the contributors on this thread

Plz I need some clarifications on the following;

1, Can i apply to 2 different courses in the same school at the same time??

Yes you can

2, Is there a limit to the number of schools i can apply to??

No there isn't so far you have the cash to pursue the admission on all ends.

3, It seems the English test is now compulsory??

It is compulsory in schools like University of Oslo but other Universities like UiS, UiA and UiB still exempt Nigerian candidates from English proficiency tests.

4, whats the difference between universities and university college??

A simple google search will help you with an answer to this

Am looking at University of Oslo, but most of the courses relating to what I want to study only take about 15 students per session. Should i be worried??
My GP is Around 4.00

Your GPA is quite good and if you do very well in the English proficiency test, you stand a better chance of being admitted. But to be on the safe side, you can apply to other schools since there's no application form fee

Are there other good schools in Oslo i can consider??

Google will help you with an answer to this

I hv a Bsc in Geography and Meteorology, and i want to do masters in Remote sensing or something related.

Thanks.

You're welcome smiley
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
see me nodding my head to everything Skarlett typed. God bless your endeavors my dear.

Permit me to add that the English requirement is also waived in NTNU and UiT.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
trilobite:
see me nodding my head to everything Ska rlett typed. God bless your endeavors my dear.

Permit me to add that the English requirement is also waived in NTNU and UiT.

Amen oh
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
skarlett:

Yes you can

No there isn't so far you have the cash to pursue the admission on all ends.

It is compulsory in schools like University of Oslo but other Universities like UiS, UiA and UiB still exempt Nigerian candidates from English proficiency tests.

A simple google search will help you with an answer to this

Your GPA is quite good and if you do very well in the English proficiency test, you stand a better chance of being admitted. But to be on the safe side, you can apply to other schools since there's no application form fee

Google will help you with an answer to this

You're welcome smiley

Wow, thanks alot for the promt and comprehensive reply. God bless!

Plz i hv another question, can i request for my school to send my transcripts to the schools i am applying to before the admission process begins?
I don't know how Long it will take the transcripts to get to them, so i am planning to send it early, even before admissions begin if possible.

And again, my school only runs an online transcript system, so I can't hv access to the hard copy, and University of Oslo requires me to also send scanned copies of my transcripts to them even though my school will send the original official transcripts directly to them.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lalaski001:

Wow, thanks alot for the promt and comprehensive reply. God bless!

Plz i hv another question, can i request for my school to send my transcripts to the schools i am applying to before the admission process begins?
I don't know how Long it will take the transcripts to get to them, so i am planning to send it early, even before admissions begin if possible

I'm assuming you got your first degree in Nigeria. If that is the case using my own school as a point of reference, you are supposed to pay a certain amount to have your transcript sent to the school directly. It may take a while so it will probably be wiser to send it early. But you can send it at the start of the application deadline, so that before it closes the transcript would have reached them. Endeavour to follow up the process the Nigerian way i.e by making friends with the people in the exams and records office to be certain your transcript is delivered.

And again, my school only runs an online transcript system, so I can't hv access to the hard copy, and University of Oslo requires me to also send scanned copies of my transcripts to them even though my school will send the original official transcripts directly to them.

Print the online copy, you may or may not certify it, that depends on what they want, and scan it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
skarlett:

I'm assuming you got your first degree in Nigeria. If that is the case using my own school as a point of reference, you are supposed to pay a certain amount to have your transcript sent to the school directly. It may take a while so it will probably be wiser to send it early. But you can send it at the start of the application deadline, so that before it closes the transcript would have reached them. Endeavour to follow up the process the Nigerian way i.e by making friends with the people in the exams and records office to be certain your transcript is delivered.

Print the online copy, you may or may not certify it, that depends on what they want, and scan it.

Thanks again for ur promt response...

The online transcript method doesn't give me any access to the transcripts, it only allows me to just put-in the name of the school I want to send it to, and they will just forward it to the school directly.

Also, since i am looking at applying to more than one school, its means i will be paying the transcripts fee times the numbers of schools i will be applying to since the online transcript portal allows only one school per request. Really want to know if there is a way around this?.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 04, 2017
Lalaski001:

The online transcript method doesn't give me any access to the transcripts, it only allows me to just put-in the name of the school I want to send it to, and they will just forward it to the school directly.

Also, since i am looking at applying to more than one school, its means i will be paying the transcripts fee times the numbers of schools i will be applying to since the online transcript portal allows only one school per request. Really want to know if there is a way around this?.
Thanks.

That's why I said you should be ready financially to pursue the admission on all ends, there is no way you can go around paying money for sending your transcripts to all the schools you are interested in applying to

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2017
Lalaski001:

Thanks.

skarlett!! chop knuckle!!

Now about your transcript issue:

You can apply to have it sent to your office, or any organization you are close to, then you get it sealed before anyone opens it.
she's right about being able to afford the transcript fees for all the schools though. It will drain your pocket, but having several admission options is worth it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2017
skarlett:

That's why I said you should be ready financially to pursue the admission on all ends, there is no way you can go around paying money for sending your transcripts to all the schools you are interested in applying to

Thanks dear, i am greatful
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2017
skarlett:

Thanks dear, I am grateful!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2017
trilobite:

skarlett!! chop knuckle!!

Now about your transcript issue:

You can apply to have it sent to your office, or any organization you are close to, then you get it sealed before anyone opens it.
she's right about being able to afford the transcript fees for all the schools though. It will drain your pocket, but having several admission options is worth it.

Thanks for the input.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by osifo4ever: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2017
How much can we pay when a school accept u in norway still 2.5m when euro and dollar are in the high side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.