Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,080 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (550234 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 13, 2017
Hey anyone in Oslo that wanna meet up for FIka just hit me up
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ciga22: 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2017
okezie007:

Bro what documents do i need to have before applying to any school in Norwary...i have a cgpa of 3.15 and which school is advisable??
thanks

Lol! Its alright my comment cracked you up, though I wonder which part got you laughing hard. Kindly elaborate why I should forget about Norway (my school used the 5.0 scale). And I don't get "find out from your school or former mates"
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2017
Good afternoon fellow nairalander,
Please i really need help with sponsor since they will refund the money back to the persons account. I CGPA is 3.58 and i will like to run my msc in uni of bergen or norwegean school of life science.. God should send me my helper pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
My school charges 35k to send transcripts abroad, Damn!!!

This will definitely affect the number of schools i will apply to.

Plz does anyone know what it will cost to send your transcripts through courier to Norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lalaski001:
My school charges 35k to send transcripts abroad, Damn!!!

This will definitely affect the number of schools i will apply to.

Plz does anyone know what it will cost to send your transcripts through courier to Norway

Hmmmm....how do you even intend to send the transcripts abroad with the impending ASUU strike sad
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
skarlett:

Hmmmm....how do you even intend to send the transcripts abroad with the impending ASUU strike sad

I think its possible to do that. The strike only affects Acedemics Staffs, and transcripts processing is handled by non-academic staffs.

Went to my school today, and was able to get my certificate. I also successfully applied for my transcripts, although to a local destination just so i can have a personal hardcopy of it because my school no longer issue transcripts by hand.

PS: why is this thread so dry now, are people no longer interested in Norway or it is because the admission process has not started?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by segunojo866: 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lalaski001:

I think its possible to do that. The strike online affects Acedemics Staffs, and transcripts processing is handled by non-academic staffs.

Went to my school today, and was able to get my certificate. I also successfully applied for my transcripts.

PS: why is this thread so dry now, are people no longer interested in Norway or it is because the admission process has not started?
why are you people not apply to Ukraine university
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lalaski001:

I think its possible to do that. The strike only affects Acedemics Staffs, and transcripts processing is handled by non-academic staffs.

Went to my school today, and was able to get my certificate. I also successfully applied for my transcripts, although to a local destination just so i can have a personal hardcopy of it because my school no longer issue transcripts by hand.

its the later bro. This strike is something else sha. was planning on using my juniors to run the transcript thing. Hope they call it off soon, too busy to travel.

You're right about it only affecting academic staff though.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lalaski001:

Oh that's nice

I think its the latter, but anyhow the most important thing is that you're interested and I'm interested. Which school do you want to apply to?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 16, 2017
Lalaski001:

why is this thread so dry now, are people no longer interested in Norway or it is because the admission process has not started?
For those who may want to stay back, Norway just like switzerland does not give permanent residence after student visas unlike countries like Sweden and Germany.

Also the admission entry barrier is second class upper unlike other countries.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

For those who may want to stay back, Norway just like switzerland does not give permanent residence after student visas unlike countries like Sweden and Germany.

Also the admission entry barrier is second class upper unlike other countries.

Read the thread from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 16, 2017
trilobite:

Read the thread from the beginning.
cool I thought I have gone through the thread. Anything to show me? embarassed
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

cool I thought I have gone through the thread. Anything to show me? embarassed

Germany: Residency after completion, few jobs for skilled immigrants, good schools, free tuition in some parts.

Sweden: Residency after completion, jobs, good schools, expensive tuition.

Norway: Residency after completion (based on money in your account), good schools, free tuition, uncertain job availability (is based on course).

summary: no where is perfect, and because you studied there doesn't mean you'll start your career there. Have a two option plan. There are Nigerians who studied in Europe and ended up getting lucrative jobs in Asia. keep an open mind as you apply.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
trilobite:

Germany: Residency after completion, few jobs for skilled non immigrants, good schools, free tuition in some parts.

Sweden: Residency after completion, jobs, good schools, expensive tuition.

Norway: Residency after completion (based on money in your account), good schools, free tuition, uncertain job availability (is based on course).

summary: no where is perfect, and because you studied there doesn't mean you'll start your career there. Have a two option plan. There are Nigerians who studied in Europe and ended up getting lucrative jobs in Asia. keep an open mind as you apply.

Can you expantiate on the money in account for residency permit? I am hearing this for the first time.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
segunojo866:

Don't really know much about studying in Ukraine, so I can't answer this.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
skarlett:

Oh that's nice

I think its the latter, but anyhow the most important thing is that you're interested and I'm interested. Which school do you want to apply to?

NTNU, UiB, UiO or Norwegian University of Life Sciences.

What about you??
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
Please is it possible for a non-family member to be your sponsor
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
Lalaski001:
[/b]

NTNU, UiB, UiO or Norwegian University of Life Sciences.

What about you??

UiS and UiA
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
Lalaski001:
Please is it possible for a non-family member to be your sponsor

Yes it is.

They just have to show commitment by depositing the said amount in your account
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
skarlett:

UiS and UiA

OK, cool.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2017
skarlett:

Yes it is.

They just have to show commitment by depositing the said amount in your account

OK. I think the sponsor doesn't necessarily need to transfer the funds to your account...
He/she can present their own bank statements, they just need to write a letter of sponsorship too.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sobastical: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
segunojo866:

Did you yourself applied there?? cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
Lalaski001:

OK. I think the sponsor doesn't necessarily need to transfer the funds to your account...
He/she can present their own bank statements, they just need to write a letter of sponsorship too.

Yes they can do that too but which do you think will be more convincing and require less stories? Choose your pick smiley
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2017
skarlett:

Yes they can do that too but which do you think will be more convincing and require less stories? Choose your pick smiley

Lol, i get your point. having the funds in your own account is better.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 5:32am On Aug 17, 2017
Lalaski001:

Where did you get this information from? You desperately in need of sound research lest you wallow in deep ignorance and mislead people.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 5:35am On Aug 17, 2017
skarlett:

Could you stake your certificate that you are sure of the bolded? If no, why do you affirm?

Where did you lot get such erroneous information from?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 17, 2017
Bandeco:

Could you stake your certificate that you are sure of the bolded? If no, why do you affirm?

Where did you lot get such erroneous information from?

If you had an error free view, you should have aired it without trying to sound supercilious. In the initial stages of applying for the programme, your sponsor can affirm their support of your academic endeavour by giving you a recent account statement and coupling it with a letter of sponsorship. However, if you read all the parts of my last post, I said it would be better if you show proof of funds with your own account statement showing the equivalent of the required amount. Thus, your sponsor will transfer said amount to your account from the initial stage of application

Attached are the requirements for admission into a master's degree programme in the University of Stavanger

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2017
skarlett:

If you had an error free view, you should have aired it without trying to sound supercilious. In the initial stages of applying for the programme, your sponsor can affirm their support of your academic endeavour by giving you a recent account statement and coupling it with a letter of sponsorship. However, if you read all the parts of my last post, I said it would be better if you show proof of funds with your own account statement showing the equivalent of the required amount. Thus, your sponsor will transfer said amount to your account from the initial stage of application

Attached are the requirements for admission into a master's degree programme in the University of Stavanger
Okay, my error in judgement. Kpele.

I wrote base on the understanding that you guys were talking about study residence permit application - proof of funding requirement. This only requires that the estimated funds be deposited into a Norwegian bank account.

You are absolutely right if the discussion is for universities admission application - proof of funding requirement.

Apologies if you find my comment supercilious. Not intended to be so.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 17, 2017
Bandeco:

Okay, my error in judgement. Kpele.

I wrote base on the understanding that you guys were talking about study residence permit application - proof of funding requirement. This only requires that the estimated funds be deposited into a Norwegian bank account.

You are absolutely right if the discussion is for universities admission application - proof of funding requirement.

Apologies if you find my comment supercilious. Not intended to be so.

Apology accepted smiley
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
skarlett:

Nice clarification...good job!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
skarlett:

Apology accepted smiley
"supercilious" I don learn grammar!!! lol. long time no hear my dear.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Can you expantiate on the money in account for residency permit? I am hearing this for the first time.

You can apply for a one-year job seeker permit after completion of your studies, but must have over 200k ( can't remember exactly, but its definitely not less than) of their currency in your account over there. Law was passed last year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.