Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:02 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (547939 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Misblah(f): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
sirtony5:
Hello.
Please am new to this thread and thank God I found it. Please any good spirited and knowledgeable person should help me with few questions... Please
Am a graduate of accounting (HND).
Almost done with my ican... Expecting my final result January 2018.

Please is there any Graduate program open for me in any Norway University?
Do I need language test?
Is there possibilities of working and schooling?
Thanks
University of Oslo has a scholarship program open, and yes you need a language test
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 05, 2018
Yes I have. Months ago. Deadline is 5th January, which is today
BlueWizAngel:

Bro, have you sent your transcript to the university?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by arizona20: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2018
Hello House please am new here.please i want to find out if is possible to get a permanent resident in Norway after my msc.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by fasholasamson: 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
OreoPaschal:

Bro, please can I PM concerning Erasmus Mundus? Thank you.��

Yes...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 15, 2018
Achobandu:
Yes I have. Months ago. Deadline is 5th January, which is today
Alright, my school delayed a bit but I overcame.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2018
arizona20:
Hello House please am new here.please i want to find out if is possible to get a permanent resident in Norway after my msc.

Get married to a Norwegian lady, it's as simple as that..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
I applied for MSc Molecular Biology at NTNU for Autumn 2018, I graduated from Unilag, I studied Cell Biology and Genetics.

If you're an MSc hopefully like me hola.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2018
When did you send yours?
BlueWizAngel:

Alright, my school delayed a bit but I overcame.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 16, 2018
Achobandu:
When did you send yours?
last month according to the Carrier it got there on 29th December
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 3:43am On Jan 24, 2018
Misblah:
hello house, been following this thread, I really need your help guys. I currently applied for the University of Oslo scholarship based masters program to study human rights but the problem is I'm scared of not getting it. Finished uni 3yrs ago, I'd have to spend approximately 70k for TOEFL plus passport money, all of which would be borrowed cash.
Experts in the house, what are my chances of getting the scholarship please? should I take the loan and write the exams and have faith? if I get the admission would it be worth it?
Can't find the scholarship that you mention.

But as always: scholarships are competitive, and there's no way of knowing your chances without info on yourself and the specifics of the scholarship. Claiming anything else would be deception pretty much. I assume you've considered your chances before applying, so I think that you can probably answer the question better than anyone on NL.

With that said, if you do believe you have reasonable chances, I'd say it's worth it. If you get the scholarship you have basically nothing to lose by going anyway. You get to see a new country and make new friends. I speak only for myself, but I've found that connecting with people from other parts of the world is quite elightening, especially in the context of education. Norway is a welcoming country too.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
Guys Nord university sent me this, please what can I do I don't have another higher education document.

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
How can I get the list of recognized Nigeria higher education institute in Norway.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
BlueWizAngel:
How can I get the list of recognized Nigeria higher education institute in Norway.

Norway doesn't recognize Polytechnic, you should have made research by just inputting in Google: List of Nigerian higher education institutions recognised by Norwegian universities, you'd have gotten an answer there before sending your docs. Or alternatively Google GSU List Norway and download the pdf
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2018
skarlett:

Norway doesn't recognize Polytechnic, you should have made research by just inputting in Google: List of Nigerian higher education institutions recognised by Norwegian universities, you'd have gotten an answer there before sending your docs. Or alternatively Google GSU List Norway and download the pdf
okay I didn't know this but the GSU list only states the specific requirements per country it doesn't list out the recognized institutions, anyways and the Google search has given me nothing so far. Thanks for the heads-up about polytechnics though I'll just wait and get my first degree here first.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 29, 2018
BlueWizAngel:
okay I didn't know this but the GSU list only states the specific requirements per country it doesn't list out the recognized institutions, anyways and the Google search has given me nothing so far. Thanks for the heads-up about polytechnics though I'll just wait and get my first degree here first.

The degrees that are accepted is what is shown in the GSU list. They can accept SSCE for undergrad courses but I don't know if there are Norweigian undergrad courses taught in English. That would have been the best bet. Anyways, goodluck
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 29, 2018
skarlett:

The degrees that are accepted is what is shown in the GSU list. They can accept SSCE for undergrad courses but I don't know if there are Norweigian undergrad courses taught in English. That would have been the best bet. Anyways, goodluck
yes there are that's what I applied for but it's usually with a proof of one year of higher education study that was why I sent my OND transcript. Hence the rejection.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by MrsPaige01(f): 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
Hello beautiful people. I want to apply for a bachelor's degree in Norway, but don't know how to go about it. Please if you are in Norway already kindly assist me. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jubs: 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
lobito007:

Nice course. From your stay, what have you discovered to be the criteria considered in their selection? What is the minimum GPA that would make one stand a chance for admission? I have applied 4 Nat Gas Tech.

Bro how did your application for Nat Gas Tech go? I intend to apply for same course.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by effissyman(m): 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
MrsPaige01:
Hello beautiful people. I want to apply for a bachelor's degree in Norway, but don't know how to go about it. Please if you are in Norway already kindly assist me. Thanks

i want to apply too..
any help please
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jimzy4u(m): 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2018
Anybody applying to university of stavanger? Please i need information on how to certify my transcript and degree result. Can i certify it at the federal high as i cant take my transcript to my school for certification cos i actually got it through the backdoor.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2018
jimzy4u:
Anybody applying to university of stavanger? Please i need information on how to certify my transcript and degree result. Can i certify it at the federal high as i cant take my transcript to my school for certification cos i actually got it through the backdoor.

Yeah you can. Surprised you were able to get it despite this NASU strike.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Udopasa: 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
Greetings all. Please, I intend applying for a PhD program in Political science and my question is, are PhD candidates expected to show proof of financial capability and subsequently transfer same to a Norwegian account upon application for a Residence permit? CC: Trilobite, skarlett, starflux, Bandeco, Kulex et cetera
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mtope: 11:59am On Feb 03, 2018
jimzy4u:
at what point do I need to send my certified certificate and transcript because on the application portal
I was just asked to upload some documents. please explain better on how to go about it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Udopasa:
Greetings all. Please, I intend applying for a PhD program in Political science and my question is, are PhD candidates expected to show proof of financial capability and subsequently transfer same to a Norwegian account upon application for a Residence permit? CC: Trilobite, skarlett, starflux, Bandeco, Kulex et cetera
When it comes to PhDs, most of the time you'll be a part of research fellowships which will grant you the needed funding and which equals employment. A PhD thus requires no funding out of your own pockets, at least not most of the time.

One example: https://www.uio.no/english/research/phd/before-applying/
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Udopasa: 4:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
StarFlux:
When it comes to PhDs, most of the time you'll be a part of research fellowships which will grant you the needed funding and which equals employment. A PhD thus requires no funding out of your own pockets, at least not most of the time.

One example: https://www.uio.no/english/research/phd/before-applying/
Many thanks sir for the response. Does it mean that I wouldn't be needing to provide proof (statement of account) of Nok 103950(approximately 4 million naira) which covers living costs to both the Norwegian school and embassy? No need answering this part my brother. Because, from my research, there wouldn't be any need for it since I will be on full scholarship and possibly offered a job as a research assistant or something close to it. Tanx again

And what if the undergraduate degree grade is below the mostly sort after B grade(second class lower) with the post graduate (masters) grade strong enough, will it affect my chances of being admitted?
Kind Regards
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 8:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
mtope:
at what point do I need to send my certified certificate and transcript because on the application portal
I was just asked to upload some documents. please explain better on how to go about it.

Me thinks they have decided to go back to how it was before. Notice they only gave one month for document upload.

They will probably decide on a CGP cutoff mark and invite those who scale through to send transcripts.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mtope: 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2018
[quote author=trilobite post=64788035]

Me thinks they have decided to go back to how it was before. Notice they only gave one month for document upload.

They will probably decide on a CGP cutoff mark and invite those who scale through to send transcripts. [/quo
te]Thank you for your response.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
MrsPaige01:
somebody please assist we newbies
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 9:58am On Feb 18, 2018
Good day everyone, please If someone graduates with a 2.1 (a 3.5). Would someone be kind enough to assist me with some of the questions I have to ask.
1. What are the chances of someone being accepted with that kind of CGPA?
2. Do I need to write GRE to gain admission to a school in Norway?
3. If someone isn't that buoyant, what are the chances of getting a scholarship that covers accommodation and feeding if one hasn't started working yet?
4. In the question above, if I'm to complete admission process from beginning to end (IELTS, GRE, Passport, etc), what's the range of amount I need to budget.
5. Do I need to finish NYSC before starting any applications

Please note I'm in 4th year, computer science in unilag and would be done next year (5 year course). I also want to apply for computer science.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 18, 2018
Olalekank:
Good day everyone, please If someone graduates with a 2.1 (a 3.5). Would someone be kind enough to assist me with some of the questions I have to ask.
1. What are the chances of someone being accepted with that kind of CGPA?
2. Do I need to write GRE to gain admission to a school in Norway?
3. If someone isn't that buoyant, what are the chances of getting a scholarship that covers accommodation and feeding if one hasn't started working yet?
4. In the question above, if I'm to complete admission process from beginning to end (IELTS, GRE, Passport, etc), what's the range of amount I need to budget.
5. Do I need to finish NYSC before starting any applications

Please note I'm in 4th year, computer science in unilag and would be done next year (5 year course). I also want to apply for computer science.

I'm going to answer to the extent of my knowledge;
1. You can be admitted with a second class upper degree
2. No you don't, I think GRE is mostly for those going to the US for masters.
3. There are no such scholarships in Norway because the schools are already tuition free, you just have to provide your living expenses allowance which is currently about N4.7m
4. 150-200k because you need your official transcripts and Nigerian universities usually charge for that. You also need other funds for the running around.
5. Nope, you only need to have money for the living expenses.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
skarlett:

I'm going to answer to the extent of my knowledge;
1. You can be admitted with a second class upper degree
2. No you don't, I think GRE is mostly for those going to the US for masters.
3. There are no such scholarships in Norway because the schools are already tuition free, you just have to provide your living expenses allowance which is currently about N4.7m
4. 150-200k because you need your official transcripts and Nigerian universities usually charge for that. You also need other funds for the running around.
5. Nope, you only need to have money for the living expenses.

Thanks sis. After that 4.7m, hope I don't need any other money?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 19, 2018
Olalekank:

Thanks sis. After that 4.7m, hope I don't need any other money?

That is for one year

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.