Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,774 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (159932 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by carik(m): 9:33am On Jun 07, 2017
Please can anyone update us. The first week of June is over
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hello people. I greet all. I believe all is going well. I was with one of the former management staff that went in a group to PTAD on wednesday 7th June for updates. They asked for when the verification will commence and the PTAD people told them they are still doing their in house Admin work on it and will start when they are ready. My informant told me there was no firm assurance on when it will start. It was discouraging to hear that though the PTAD people confirmed they have all the information they need to start the verification. Invariably, the verification may not start this month to be honest. Let's plan with the fact that it may reach up to July/August before verification will start and payments may then start in September. This Nigeria and all the bureaucracy which make it difficult to move things fast. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
brosiye99:
Hello people. I greet all. I believe all is going well. I was with one of the former management staff that went in a group to PTAD on wednesday 7th June for updates. They asked for when the verification will commence and the PTAD people told them they are still doing their in house Admin work on it and will start when they are ready. My informant told me there was no firm assurance on when it will start. It was discouraging to hear that though the PTAD people confirmed they have all the information they need to start the verification. Invariably, the verification may not start this month to be honest. Let's plan with the fact that it may reach up to July/August before verification will start and payments may then start in September. This Nigeria and all the bureaucracy which make it difficult to move things fast. God help us all.

Thank you @brossiye99, you've been a friend indeed and we appreciate you.
Personally i believe God is in control and will finish what He started for us. I was spiritually inspired last month to know that it may not come before July but i almost doubted it.
Nigeria ministeries are known for excessive bureaucracy
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2017
brosiye99:
No problem as long as it doesn't exceed this year.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
brosiye99:
God bless u for the good work. Thank you brosiye
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by eniwaye2: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Nairaland pls help. A widow woman complain to me that his husband work with Nitel, since the death of his husband in 2010, they only pay her half of his entitlement, and refuse to pay the remaining till now, and other widow have been paid full benefit, she have lodge the complain several times but the person in charge will be telling her, they will soon pay, but as at last year the person started saying another thing that the account number she drop is not correct, later the man in charge still said she should go and print her statement of acct bfor he can pay her, several excuses from the person in charge. I tried to help the woman out by informing my lawyer, but to my surprise the lawyer said he is tired abt the issue, but he said something that the person in charge of the widow woman money have collect it and spent. please anybody that can help the woman should pls show concern, the suffering is too much for her.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by eniwaye2: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
nairaland pls help. A widow woman complain to me that his husband work with Nitel, since the death of his husband in 2010, they only pay her half of his entitlement, and refuse to pay the remaining till now, and other widow have been paid full benefit, she have lodge the complain several times but the person in charge will be telling her, they will soon pay, but as at last year the person started saying another thing that the account number she drop is not correct, later the man in charge still said she should go and print her statement of acct bfor he can pay her, several excuses from the person in charge. I tried to help the woman out by informing my lawyer, but to my surprise the lawyer said he is tired abt the issue, but he said something that the person in charge of the widow woman money have collect it and spent. please anybody that can help the woman should pls show concern, the suffering is too much for her.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by tobore09: 8:21am On Jun 20, 2017
hello anyone with tangible information on nitel payment.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by tobore09: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2017
I heard the payment proceedings has been taken from PTAD to BDP..how true is thatand is the 20yrs arrears still reliable.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
@eniwaye2: I believe you should advise the woman to come to BPE and then Accountant General of the Federation’s office both in Abuja with all documents. The truth is that one man can’t stop the payment except she was being deceived. Where does the man work? Is it with BPE or AGF’s office? She should take it up with these two agencies and the truth will come out. I believe the man has illegally appropriated her late husband’s entitlements. If he is a government worker and still in service, he can be punished if it is found out that he “chopped” the money.
@tobore09: Yes there is a joint committee comprising PTAD, BPE and Accountant General working on the modalities right now. They are to submit a report by this Friday as I heard. PTAD invited BPE and AGF because they were involved in the previous payments so as to harmonise everything and ensure clarity of information. Once this is done, I believe they will call for verification next month July. Good thing that 2017 budget has been passed too.
Regarding the 20 years, I don’t know about that. What I do know is that there are plans being worked out to pay some arrears of the past years together with monthly payment of which has been approved.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
@brossiye,thanks a million for the info. I even heard that oluti was invited by PTAD last 2weeks where he was asked to provide the judgement letter that said nitel should be given 20years which he could not.however he apologized to PTAD madam and alita aliyu which were present.ptad has said they acknowledge the fact that there is backlog of arrears.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by eniwaye2: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2017
@brossiye, thanks for the information, but d truth is that, the woman stays in a village in kwara state and she can't even feed her self let's talk of transport alawance with accommodation yo Abj,

pls don't u knw anybody in dat office dat can render assistant, so that any document thay need, I will just scan it to the person, or u just gv me d person contact so dat we speak to him/her directly.
thanks.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Daewoods(m): 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
Thank God, finally there's light at the end of the tunnel. check today's papers, Tribune.

just the date was published, no venue for verification. can't remember the date I saw tho and don't hv the paper but will snap and upload it tomorrow.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Felepumpin(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
Daewoods:
Thank God, finally there's light at the end of the tunnel. check today's papers, Tribune

Please help post what you have on the Tribune here because of some of us who can't have access to the dailies
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by SlickM(m): 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
Please post what you saw on the dailies biko
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Daewoods(m): 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
Any body else that came across the publication in the paper today should help put all they saw, otherwise it's still tomorrow I can fully help
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
Daewoods:
Any body else that came across the publication in the paper today should help put all they saw, otherwise it's still tomorrow I can fully help
I hope is not the verification for civil servant under defined benefit scheme for sw and nw that u saw which was published on PTAD website
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
segzy3:
I hope is not the verification for civil servant under defined benefit scheme for sw and nw that u saw which was published on PTAD website
I saw that one, does it not concern Nitel?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Daewoods(m): 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
I will snap and post the newspaper tomorrow so we can confirm
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 7:32am On Jun 24, 2017
HisMajesty1:

I saw that one, does it not concern Nitel?
they did not write nitel.it was lucid enough."
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by tobore09: 8:56am On Jun 24, 2017
saw this on ptad website.pls does it include nitel.

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 9:36am On Jun 24, 2017
it surely includes nitel. so many agencies and ministries are involved so they can't select only nitel for verification. as at the date of retirement in 2007, nitel staff were on defined benefits scheme.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 10:25am On Jun 24, 2017
segzy3:
they did not write nitel.it was lucid enough."
I am very positive it includes Nitel, you have to understand that over 15 agencies are also waiting to be verified like Nitel. So it is when the time table is out that they would specify each agencys' verification date and location. Nitel is included, I am very sure of it.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2017
brosiye99:
it surely includes nitel. so many agencies and ministries are involved so they can't select only nitel for verification. as at the date of retirement in 2007, nitel staff were on defined benefits scheme.

thanks for the post as i actually saw the publication yesterday but i want to know does this include staff of the liquidated Nigeria Airways too?..
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 11:04am On Jun 24, 2017
yes for sure the Nigeria airways is involved. they were working closely with the nitel group.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 11:18am On Jun 24, 2017
HisMajesty1:

I am very positive it includes Nitel, you have to understand that over 15 agencies are also waiting to be verified like Nitel. So it is when the time table is out that they would specify each agencys' verification date and location. Nitel is included, I am very sure of it.
I just asked one of the Senior Union member and he made me understand that it is only for the core civil servants excluding parastatals and that the verification exercise was done for only four zones out of six(excluding sw and nc).he said alita and her people will visit PTAD after the holiday precisely on Thursday to know the date for parastatals verification(nitel inclusive)

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by sonya4all(m): 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2017
pls who is uploading the newspaper information for us.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 8:55am On Jun 25, 2017
sonya4all:
pls who is uploading the newspaper information for us.
that is what the newspaper contained uploaded by @tobore.don't border yourself,parastatals are not included.only core civil servant for nc and sw that their verification were suspended are those concerned
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by sonya4all(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2017
OK, thanks
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
Any news on todays meeting please?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by carik(m): 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
HisMajesty1:
Any news on todays meeting please?

any news please
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:09am On Jun 30, 2017
brosiye99:

Please what does "defined benefits scheme" actually means ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Calling / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program / Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.