Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (160007 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2018
I think segzy3 has given us the confirmation as seen from Madam Sharon's response. However, i think it will only be fair for PTAD to pay from January till August or whenever the payment starts. 8-9 months arrears for 2018 would be better than just one month paid at the start. It will mean it will take a lot of time for pensioners to fully get back up financially.

PTAD should please have mercy and make a case for payment of at least 2018 arrears to the approving Ministry of Finance to ease this suffering. The others can then be paid later as she said. God help us
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2018
brosiye99:
I think segzy3 has given us the confirmation as seen from Madam Sharon's response. However, i think it will only be fair for PTAD to pay from January till August or whenever the payment starts. 8-9 months arrears for 2018 would be better than just one month paid at the start. It will mean it will take a lot of time for pensioners to fully get back up financially.

PTAD should please have mercy and make a case for payment of at least 2018 arrears to the approving Ministry of Finance to ease this suffering. The others can then be paid later as she said. God help us
during one of the meetings they had with her,she admitted arrears since 2011 owed to nitel staff but how soon it will be paid is the problem. Check this out

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
Reading all of our post and reply, is there any hope for next of kins?
Because if no arrears would be paid then what are they paying NOK
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
@populardaniel You are absolutely correct. If no arrears are to be paid, then it makes not sense to those who have lost a parent, relation or a dear one. Truth is PTAD has to pay this arreas. The money has been approved! They said we should wait for the budget to be passed, we waited patiently and now they tactically tried to shift computation till August. Look guys, these PTAD guys are trying to play on our intelligence; they are buying too much time. Same thing is happening in DSC and co. They make a lot of interest in just a day not to talk of 1 month. Billions of naira is involved here and what is paining me the most is that the so called representatives are quiet about the whole thing, it is very annoying! If they have been carrying us along, we would not be this worries na. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt sha Let us still wait and see what comes up in August.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
arewaa

I believe we Nitel/Mtel should thank our God as of today. We should glorify God for keeping us alive to receive this benefits.
I,m just around 70 years old, retired 13 years ago after serving for 35yrs, Most of my good friends are gone. The jnr. ones and the snr. ones. I also believe that we are lucky to have somebody like the ES of PTAD as the head of that body. I will call her
" Pensioner,s Beacon Of Hope " She is all Pensioner,s hope.
What we have been fighting for in years, endless meetings, " fake news " etc with no concrete response then is now over.
We are now having it on a platter of gold. Since we have all done the verification to ascertain the trueness of our claim as pensioners,
and computations will be finalized by 7th Aug. I am sure we shall very soon smile to our different Banks.
We, Pensioners, have in the past years collected benefits. Most Nitel ex-staff simply fritter it away and that is why 75% of
Nitel Pensioners as at today live in abject poverty and squalor. Buying common drugs was very difficult for them. Well, another bounty is coming our way, I pray we make good use of it by planting the seed, watering it for good future yields.
As for the NOKs who are shouting loud today, I pray they make good use of the benefits. God Bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
Hello guys. I think @PTAD have finally cleared the air about how payments will be done. From what they told the Delta steel company guys, they said their computations have been concluded and that beginning from August, they (DSC pensioners) will begin to get pensions for love. @Ptad also mentioned that pension arrears will only be paid when the Federal Govt makes funds available. They also said other agencies (nitel/mtel inclusive), will have theirs finally computed subsequently.
From the above, I think what @ptad wants to do is to first of all start paying regular pensions from September, pending when the FG will graciously approved funds for the backlog of arreas; only God Almighty knows how long this will take. So all those thinking of "fat" alerts after computation, sorry to dash your hopes. Check these out

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
Nigerian citizen have completely lost their rights in the hands of this Government,,,,if the people verified are to be placed on monthly pension, what happens to the NOKS ,whose hopes has been on this relieve money......what happens to the still living nitel staffs that will be paid monthly pension after years of accumulated debts.ailment that needs lump sums of money to attend to their health....is it the monthly pension that will take care of past years.....why Wont this Government do the needful n pay the money as proposed, .....the money in question was called so so billions of naira n was put in the budget.....The money got approved ,,,,,why won't ptad pay off this money so people can start life afresh....why must they collaborate with some elements in the Government to use people's money for their personal business n pay them their hard earned money ,their entitlement after using such to grow their bank account!
SOMEONE ONCE SHOUTED IN THIS COUNTRY,,,,,,,,,GOD DEY OOOOOOO.....
remember u working today can fall victim of what u are doing to others someday in the hands of another,

we don't have who to speak for us, just God in heaven
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 2:09am On Aug 02, 2018
obynolucy:
Nigerian citizen have completely lost their rights in the hands of this Government,,,,if the people verified are to be placed on monthly pension, what happens to the NOKS ,whose hopes has been on this relieve money......what happens to the still living nitel staffs that will be paid monthly pension after years of accumulated debts.ailment that needs lump sums of money to attend to their health....is it the monthly pension that will take care of past years.....why Wont this Government do the needful n pay the money as proposed, .....the money in question was called so so billions of naira n was put in the budget.....The money got approved ,,,,,why won't ptad pay off this money so people can start life afresh....why must they collaborate with some elements in the Government to use people's money for their personal business n pay them their hard earned money ,their entitlement after using such to grow their bank account!
remember u working today can fall victim of what u are doing to others someday in the hands of another,

Too bad peanut's to be paid. while we are supposed to be paid 20 years pension buy out. What a life of continual abject poverty. Injustice is the perfect word for this whole none sense.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 9:07am On Aug 03, 2018
obynolucy:

But Atens warned us to avoid the verification. I'll rather say we chose what we got. So let's not start complaining.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
obynolucy:

I'm afraid this is a false alarm meant to demoralise people unnecessarily.
Was there any time PTAD promised payment of a lump sum ? Even the arrears were not promised to be paid once.
And what else is the purpose of PTAD setup and subsequent verification if not to place pensioners on monthly pensions for life ?
I cannot understand the veiled jubilation in this post as if the writter just returned from Mars and never heard of PTAD and it's assignment from the word go.

Matter of fact, the fact that PTAD took dilligence in verifying NOKs is a testimony that arrears will be paid because they cannot be placed on monthly pensions but only arrears acrued to their deceaseds will be paid to them, though may be in batches as will apply to all verified ex-staff.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 4:49am On Aug 04, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Was there any time PTAD promised payment of a lump sum ? Even the arrears were not promised to be paid once.
And what else is the purpose of PTAD setup and subsequent verification if not to place pensioners on monthly pensions for life ?
I cannot understand the veiled jubilation in this post as if the writter just returned from Mars and never heard of PTAD and it's assignment from the word go.

Matter of fact, the fact that PTAD took dilligence in verifying NOKs is a testimony that arrears will be paid because they cannot be placed on monthly pensions but only arrears acrued to their deceaseds will be paid to them, though may be in batches as will apply to all verified ex-staff.
you r spot on

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

I personally feel most of these guys supporting and beating the drum for ptad all have personal interests on this matter. Interests beyond the monthly payment because I can't believe there is a single Nitel staff who has gone through though years of unpaid pension or entitlement who would settle for monthly pension. How old are the youngest of them who were disengaged with more than 10yrs in service? How many more years do they have to live out here on earth that they would be pleased with the term "pension for life"? And mind you, in a country like Nigeria. We only have a topic now because this particular regime made pension matters one of their priority. Each day am disheartened that there are no longer men with substance who understand what it means to stand up for their right. Lump sum is our due by the law but everybody is quick to give up and chicken up to everlasting suffering. 99percent of nitel ex staff are in abject poverty and it doesn't seem like they'ld be coming out of it anytime soon, all a product of ignorance and cowardice. I wish everyone well.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2018
@michtz, I think You're absolutely correct. I want to believe all those supporting the PTAD guys are either not even directly affected or are just talking out of ignorance. Look, if you say you will start paying pensioners pensions after about 7 years of not paying and you are paying only one month at a time, then you are not being sensitive to these pensioners. Like you said, they are not growing any younger. My dad is in his 70's and servevd this nation for 35 years. Is it when he is dead that you will now start paying the arreas? How can you owe pensions for over 7 years and you just wake-up one day and say you want to integrate them into one stupid pay roll for monthly pensions after over 5 months of verification. What will one month pension do for someone who may not have had an income after 7 years! Well, to be fair to the ptad guys, I might not totally put all the blame on them. The federal government has to do more and release the funds. Ask your self; how much self will it take to pay these arrears. I tell you, it may not take up to 100 billion. It may interest you to know that most of these guys may not even receive up to 100K as pensions and they are happy that they have some verification to start paying monthly pensions! I also largely blame the Obasanjo and Goodluck administrations. Look at how they quickly payed the defunct NEPA guys all their entitlements, but look at how they where all lukewarm about the nitel/mtel payment, may be if they had shown more concern, by now the whole thing may have been cleared. Like i will keep on saying, these guys are not begging for this mony o, it is thier right, they have worked for it, PAY THEM NOW THAT THEY ARE STILL ALIVE! It's very sad I tell you.

3 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
if I recall ,Ptad said they are waiting for federal Governmnet to approve this money as submitted in 2018 budget. the money submitted was the arrears of pensioners accrued over the. years. ..cos even before verification they know on the average what is been owned ....same nitel carried out verification n made payment in the past, so they know ,,,what amount was at stake, .same money they submitted in the budget! same ptad said after approval of the budget that they are now trying to finish computation, ,,,now why is nobody asking these people what they intend to do with billions of pensioners money they asked to be approved n got approved. why not pay arrears n later take data for live pensioners for their right payment of pension for life. which is their right! ..

I pray some one or a powerful organization ,body will come into this matter n help these old Pappas n mama's get their right,from this country....
I pray some is not planning to use the money come 2019 election!

glad please do what's needful n right before God n man,so that ur conscious will be clear....

said it before ,where u are today, someone else will be there tomorrow. ask yourself if ur the one being treated like this ..Jesus Christ said do unto others that which u will love done to u..leave religion out of it n face the fact.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mummyfe: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
i think people affected should protest to TV stations.both in Lagos and abuja. elections are coming and this is the best opportunity to push the people involved to pay the accrued money.
if they offer monthly pension for now, and people start collecting it, then forget about getting the rest of the bulk money for the next few years.

4 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by eddie7: 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mummyfe:
i think people affected should protest to TV stations.both in Lagos and abuja. elections are coming and this is the best opportunity to push the people involved to pay the accrued money.
if they offer monthly pension for now, and people start collecting it, then forget about getting the rest of the bulk money for the next few years.
Well said cos the right time to act is NOW.... all efforts should be channelled towards drawing attention of the government and parliament especially those ones seeking re-elections or vying for fresh positions
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by 0taPiaPia(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
eddie7:

Well said cos the right time to act is NOW.... all efforts should be channelled towards drawing attention of the government and parliament especially those ones seeking re-elections or vying for fresh positions
Good luck

Very true. Right timing is now. Can a new thread be pushed to front-page for this course ?.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by justpeehay(m): 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
Okay so what's next now?

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
AREWAA
I have been following this thread keenly.I can also feel the pulse of the writer.....boiling. I will somehow advise that he should display a bit of decorum. I am an ex Nitel staff,70 yrs old, retires 13 yrs ago, after serving 35 solid yrs. We have been on this issue for the past year. There was no head, no tail. I have attended series and series of meetings where nothing tangible was achieved. Just suddenly, PTAD came around to listen to Pensioner,s plight. Today under the amiable ES, .... May God Continue To Bless Her ) Pensioner,s Beacon Of Hope...announce Nitel Verification, then Computation finished today 8 Aug 2018.
What next..... our Payment. My advice is to stay calm and very soon, we all that have labored for the benefits will start collecting it.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by eddie7: 11:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
0taPiaPia:

Very true. Right timing is now. Can a new thread be pushed to front-page for this course ?.
Yea a new thread can be created especially now that verification has been concluded
You can create it and we'll push the write ups
Nice concept from you sir
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 5:04am On Aug 09, 2018
AREWAA
I thank almighty GOD for seeing this glorious morning. After verification of all Nitel ex-staff all over the states in Jan 2018 many of us ( some are late now ) were extremely happy then that at last, our silent prayers are been heard. Months after that, there were computations of the verified pensioner,s. These computations took almost 8 months. It finished on Aug 8, 2018. I believe next is payment. Now is when we need to be very calm. Please note that it is when you are payroll monthly that you can press or ask for arrears. You can then ask for 20yrs,50yrs even 100yrs
arrears. They ...PTAD... will listen to you. Let's apply logic and sound reasoning to all our actions at all times. Good day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2018
arewaa:
AREWAA
I thank almighty GOD for seeing this glorious morning. After verification of all Nitel ex-staff all over the states in Jan 2018 many of us ( some are late now ) were extremely happy then that at last, our silent prayers are been heard. Months after that, there were computations of the verified pensioner,s. These computations took almost 8 months. It finished on Aug 8, 2018. I believe next is payment. Now is when we need to be very calm. Please note that it is when you are payroll monthly that you can press or ask for arrears. You can then ask for 20yrs,50yrs even 100yrs
arrears. They ...PTAD... will listen to you. Let's apply logic and sound reasoning to all our actions at all times. Good day.
mr arewa,the arrears will be paid in no distant future. God is great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2018
Good news and at the same time confusion....Mrs ikpeazu just said in the Twitter handle up in the chat when the money for Delta steel is approved they will be panther 13 years arrears ...which approval again,is it 2019 budget approval or or the already approved 2018 budget where they made submission for this money n it got approved
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:28am On Aug 10, 2018
obynolucy:
Good news and at the same time confusion....Mrs ikpeazu just said in the Twitter handle up in the chat when the money for Delta steel is approved they will be panther 13 years arrears ...which approval again,is it 2019 budget approval or or the already approved 2018 budget where they made submission for this money n it got approved

Please the tweet said "released" rather than "approved". When talking about funds, they mean two different things. Finds have to be approved, i.e, a budget, before it can be released. So, to expect the release of funds means it has been approved but awaiting release.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Please the tweet said "released" rather than "approved". When talking about funds, they mean two different things. Finds have to be approved, i.e, a budget, before it can be released. So, to expect the release of funds means it has been approved but awaiting release.
ok, let's just be optimistic n hope for the best when it eventually gets released .
Thanks for the correct n update on that..as it affects all nit just me
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
obynolucy:

ok, let's just be optimistic n hope for the best when it eventually gets released .
Thanks for the correct n update on that..as it affects all nit just me

We shall smile as we have been destined to.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mikejohnson: 9:24pm On Aug 19, 2018
What about the fate of those that spent less than10years with Nitel
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
Mikejohnson:
What about the fate of those that spent less than10years with Nitel
I think by rule of national service, if u don't serve up to 10 years in any government office,u will not be entitled for pension pay
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
from ptad

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2018
This month is almost gone and nothing has been said. What kind of a country is this ?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
Arewaa
My good friend, it is almost over. Simply remember that after a very dark night, the glorious morning will come. We have endured for 8years, 8 months and 8 days. Let us continue to pray hard and I am very certain, we shall all smile to our deferent banks. It is better late as we are having it now than never.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 12:00am On Aug 25, 2018
@arewaa yes it's almost over. No matter the delay in paying these arrears, I strongly believe it will not be exceeded December. But I also believe payments of pensions will begin next week. My condolences goes out to the family of late Mr Onwunka, who died within the week. He was former acting territorial manager Benue Exchange before his retirement in 1996. May God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Calling / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program / Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.