Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,151 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Dance Movies In Nigeria? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dance Movies In Nigeria? (9019 Views)

Top 10 Pirated Movies In The World / Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! / Nigerian Movies In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2006
d americans have films like honey, u got served, save d last dance etc and in nigeria we dont have any kind of dance movie. what can be done pple ? soundcity pls borrow a leaf from Mtv & start producing dance films ! or we dont need it ?
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by naijadiva2(f): 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2006
we have videos based on dances like these makossa performers. even though we don't have an acting dance movie we still got something. nigerians don't really do those type of dance we see in american movies. we don't break dance or pop lock even though some know how to dance those way, it's not generally are particular way of dancing.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by katherinae(f): 5:08am On Oct 06, 2006
dancing hearts with rita dominic and ramsey noah
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Oracle(m): 5:28am On Oct 06, 2006
Dancing heart is not really a dance movie, itz just that Ramsey Nouah owned a dance school.

There weren't much scenes that showed the dance
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by katherinae(f): 5:30am On Oct 06, 2006
ha that was enough dancing for me sha, i dont thnk we are meant to make those kind o fmovies
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Oracle(m): 5:37am On Oct 06, 2006
i don't think itz enough, compared to the foreign dance movies
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 11:14am On Oct 18, 2006
Maybe our dances are boring? No, it may be because choreographers are yet to discover the movie industry.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by chichimma(f): 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2006
Seun:

Maybe our dances are boring? No, it may be because choreographers are yet to discover the movie industry.

Do you know how many variety of dances are in Nigeria? Diversities of styles of dances and culture. They are definitely not boring,  there is so many we can do ,  if you look at Zule Zoo they have such a good choreography and they are very acrobatic and combine different African styles in their acts. Then look at P-Square in some of their acts oh come on, there is so much we can do in that field combining dance with movies

I think that Nigerian movie producers should look at other storylines than the common present ones. A dance movie might be a start of something new however they should do it in the context of Nigeria and not America or India.  As for dancing heart is not  a dancing movie simply because their was some scenes of dance in it ! Moreover, the choreography of the dances sucked were so bad! That movie can not be classifiied as a dance movie, oh please lipsrsealed
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Radiant(f): 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2006
Dance movies grin grin grin

The ancient drama movies haven't been sorted out and you talk of a dance movie? shocked

That would suck like a pig's ass. Geeeez!!! These people sef
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2006
Yea right dance MOVIES

I think our directors have'nt really tot of it cuz i know of some dancing schools in lagos--- & this gurlz can dance.

It will really sell if they produce any movie lik dat!!! true
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by sidnazious(m): 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2006
[size=8pt]it wud really be cool if we had dance movies, but i think our producers are not ready for that yet. u know it comes with a lot of challenges like training and so on. So let them better stick to what they know.best.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Kajiang02(m): 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2006
Maybe our winner of Nokia/Silverbird arranged context 4 d Guinness book of records cld help initiate one 4 we al
Sombody remind me of ha name,
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2006
her name is kafayat aka kaphy. theres no big deal 2d movies cos we have steppers in naija here. all we need is a good storyline & a dance instructor cos they'll be choreography in it.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by dennylove(m): 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2006
SAINTKOLA,no be lies.they will really need alot of CHOREGRAPHY in the dancing movies. grin grin grin
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by katherinae(f): 3:08am On Oct 19, 2006
guys have u heard geneviev and omotola's voices, yes our so called producers carried them and made movies because they are boht cute nad famous, if they tried to go into dance moveies we will have people like ramsey and osuofia doing the dutty wine in another yet daft and hopeless movie, biko, one can only take so much embarassement. so no lets leave hte dancing to the americans
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2006
dancing requires choreography. this takes time. Given that the time taken to shoot d average home video is like 5 days max, no producer will eva agree 4 a dance movie.
besides, the audience for that kinda thing is smallish,
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 11:46pm On Oct 19, 2006
if they really wanna do it, then time shouldnt be d problem.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by chichimma(f): 1:48am On Oct 22, 2006
katherinae:

guys have u heard geneviev and omotola's voices, yes our so called producers carried them and made movies because they are boht cute nad famous, if they tried to go into dance moveies we will have people like ramsey and osuofia doing the dutty wine in another yet daft and hopeless movie, biko, one can only take so much embarassement. so no lets leave hte dancing to the americans

How many actors and actresses are in the Nigerian industry. Likewise many dancers in the music industry that are good in what they do . In many Hollywood dance movies they mostly take people that are not known stars that are already dancers. Katherinae, you make a point if producers or people can label dance movies as the wacky film Dancing Heart we have a bigger problem than expected in nollywood but if they set a higher standard with real dancers and good choregraphy things might work it will be more costly and will take more time but eventually it will become a success!

I agree with you of they don't have a good plan, actors, storyline and choreagraphy for the dancing movie let them (producers) keep us from the shame and mediocrity.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by aleos(f): 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2006
dance movies will b a very good idea in the movie industry.wat we need are very young actors(teenagers) who can play and act the roles cos most times the little dancing u c in home movies are a little out of place and embarrassing even to me,d viewer
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2006
i seriously do not think omotola and genevieve are made for dance movies, katherinae
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Radiant(f): 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2006
ajiboyet:

i seriously do not think omotola and genevieve are made for dance movies, katherinae

Neither was she implying that undecided
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2006
i think some people have it wrong here

a dance movie is not a movie where people simple dance in it , cos there is nothing in that since most nigerian movies have a party/club scene in them. Neither does using the phrase dance movie mean that one waka pass in the film can gogo shake well

a DANCE MOVIE is where there is a DELIBERATE DANCE CHOREOGRAPHY that is an ESSENTIAL PART of the script so it is not simply that some dancing occurs in the film

so in the light of NOLLYWOOD it cant happen cos a small majority of Nigerians see DANCE as a profession(now i am not talking about those girls wind waists in naija music videos they are not professionals).

the ONLY place i have seen DANCE CHOREOGRAPHY used as an essential part of a script is on stage-most theatrical productions have great choreography in them. Thats where I see the possibility of a NIGERIAN dance movie emerging

1 Like

Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2006
thanks, salsera
you got it all correct
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by LOVE4(f): 5:41am On Oct 24, 2006
What??!! dancing movie??!!
then maybe the movie will feature p square,obesere,pasuma,lol
but on the real lets work on the quality,presentation,plot line and theme of the now love-infested movies we r being fed by force,so maybe if we cld get the best outta that then we cld talk about dance movies.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by peba(m): 7:14am On Oct 24, 2006
Lets start with action not words. i am available for anybody that is planning a dance movie
i have more than 4 dance awards during my undergraduate years, 2 during secondary sch, and currently still fit to go

call me 080 377 9201
prince
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2006
Okey PEBE we ll call you when NEEDED thank you 4 dropin by
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Radiant(f): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2006
lol
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2006
u're funny jay. Anyway, with d way evryone is displaying steps dis days i think we should be able to pull it off. @ least 2 me choreography aint a big deal so long as u focus on it or i'm i wrong ?
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2006
@L.O.V.E
I'm not disputing p-square. At least even if they're not original in their choreography, copying usher raymond exactly is an achievement.
But obesere, pasuma? I bet you don't want to hear my comments

@peba
We need more people like you

Tayo
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by LOVE4(f): 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2006
@ajiboyet
I was not also disputing d fact that Psquare has some nice dance steps,but it being an achievement to them,i wont agree on dat;u said it yurself all their steps r copied frm usher,i feel that every artist needs to improvise,mix and take as examples pplle they look up to,not copy their every step and moves.
U see,what i'm trying 2 say is dat alla this artists cld be great dancers,includin pasuma and obesere in their own lil domain,but wat we dont need right now is a dance movie!! 4 wat exactly?!!who r d features?!!wat dance moves
r they hopin to showcase?!!i hope it's not hip pop dance moves? in dat case why not let's work with wat needs 2 be worked on first,which is providin quality. smiley
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2006
When we talk about dance movies, we're talking about movies like honey, save the last dance (like the first poster said). We're not talking about "ijo fuji"

, or am I mistaken?
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2006
when we say dance movies, we mean things like save the last dance, honey and related stuff. we don't mean "ijo fuji"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . or am I mistaken?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Nollywood Movies – Holy Sinners (episode 1) / What’s Your Favorite Christmas Movie? / The Game , New Ghana Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.