Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health (21153 Views)

How Can I Cure And Restore My Sunburn Permanently? / How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS / Chinese Doctor Grows New Ear On Man's Arm To Restore His Hearing(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by kennysteve77: 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders,

With great joy in my heart I give this brief account of how the internet helped restore my baby's health and prevented possible long-term complications. My lovely eight-month old baby suddenly began having seizures few days ago. It was so severe that it worried me and her mum so much that we though it was a spiritual attack. She would suddenly stiffen her neck and shake with great energy (seemingly unconscious), and then return to normal mode in less than a minute.

It happened like 3-5 times every 15minutes. Everytime it occurred, we felt like weeping as the ever lovely baby seemed to have been strangely hijacked. We rushed to the hospital and some blood tests were recommended. On seeing the results, the Doctors quickly knew it was a brain infection coupled with Malaria. Although some of them were worried that all other symptoms of Malaria and infection were absent in the baby - no high temperature, no yellow eyes, baby actively playing and sucking. The doctors immediately commenced treatment with strong antibiotics passed directly into her bloodstream + antimalarial drugs. Twice daily she was receiving the medications but on the third day, they got more worried that there was no improvement.

My wife was drastically losing her joy while everyone else was praying. On the evening of that third day, my wife picked her phone and began an extensive research on Google.com for possible causes of such condition. She stumbled on a research paper that presented the Negative Effects of Soybean in Babies. This paper caught her attention because two days before the seizures began, she introduced Soybean into our baby's food formula (on a Doctor's recommendation). The article stated that Soybean inhibits the production of Trypsin which is very essential for infants and also triggers irregular impulse in the brain neurotransmitters thereby causing frequent seizures which, after a long period, could render the child epileptic. The paper added that the inhibition of Trypsin could lower the immune system (which could make doctors believe it to be an infection).

We immediately stopped feeding the baby with the formula but we didn't notify anyone of the finding to allow a continued treatment. By the following day, the seizures started fading and in just two days, it went away completely. We are still in awe with this discovery while we are very glad that the baby is back to normal life, but I felt - this might help someone someday.

Cc: lalasticlala

394 Likes 64 Shares

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by adedayourt(m): 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
grin
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by yanabasee(m): 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2015
Internet has helped a lot of people.... Even in the political sector, campaigns are now online... In the education sector, learning is online...

I'm really happy for you! God bless you!

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by rozzyy(m): 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
Internet neva sure until.we begin download food

10 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by MTHBOSS(m): 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good news to h--ear

2 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
Aww! ! smiley
I'm touched grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by BTT(m): 12:13am On Sep 16, 2015
Thank God for your baby and the mum. May God keep them for you.

The internet has sort of made everybody some DIY person.

Cheers bruv.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by libertyfather(m): 12:46am On Sep 16, 2015
Internet happens to be the best place to find cure to all ailments very effective than your doctor's quote me if I'm wrong, before you go to the doctor make your search to aide the doctor as well, some years back When my baby felt sick I took her to the doctor only for him to be prescribing some drugs but during that process I told him my findings and he was surprise cancel the first prescription and re-prescribe... learn from the op search before proceeding to the hospital for quick result

27 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by chuksbogus2001: 4:54am On Sep 16, 2015
thank Godd

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 16, 2015
You are very lucky, but why didn't any of the doctors or nurses think of asking questions before commencing treatment. Why were they not aware of the negative effects of adding Soybean to infants food? Anyways, thank God He saved your family from being a victim of poor medical infrastructure in the country.

16 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by westerm(m): 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
NICE
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
ok

- "It was so severe that it worried me and her mum so much that we though it was a spiritual attack". What nonsense is this?
- "Every time it occurred, we felt like weeping as the ever lovely baby seemed to have been strangely hijacked".What nonsense is this?

Anyway, next time consult a pediatrician....not a generalist medical practitioner.

Can you be kind to share the brand name of this soya formula?

Embrace science .....

14 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by dave2meek(m): 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
Internet makes and mars

2 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by NotNairalandi(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Wisdom is the ability to get information and use it profitably!

5 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by free2ryhme: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
kennysteve77:
Fellow Nairalanders,

With great joy in my heart I give this brief account of how the internet helped restore my baby's health and prevented possible long-term complications. My lovely eight-month old baby suddenly began having seizures few days ago. It was so severe that it worried me and her mum so much that we though it was a spiritual attack. She would suddenly stiffen her neck and shake with great energy (seemingly unconscious), and then return to normal mode in less than a minute.

It happened like 3-5 times every 15minutes. Everytime it occurred, we felt like weeping as the ever lovely baby seemed to have been strangely hijacked. We rushed to the hospital and some blood tests were recommended. On seeing the results, the Doctors quickly knew it was a brain infection coupled with Malaria. Although some of them were worried that all other symptoms of Malaria and infection were absent in the baby - no high temperature, no yellow eyes, baby actively playing and sucking. The doctors immediately commenced treatment with strong antibiotics passed directly into her bloodstream + antimalarial drugs. Twice daily she was receiving the medications but on the third day, they got more worried that there was no improvement.

My wife was drastically losing her joy while everyone else was praying. On the evening of that third day, my wife picked her phone and began an extensive research on Google.com for possible causes of such condition. She stumbled on a research paper that presented the Negative Effects of Soybean in Babies. This paper caught her attention because two days before the seizures began, she introduced Soybean into our baby's food formula (on a Doctor's recommendation). The article stated that Soybean inhibits the production of Trypsin which is very essential for infants and also triggers irregular impulse in the brain neurotransmitters thereby causing frequent seizures which, after a long period, could render the child epileptic. The paper added that the inhibition of Trypsin could lower the immune system (which could make doctors believe it to be an infection).

We immediately stopped feeding the baby with the formula but we didn't notify anyone of the finding to allow a continued treatment. By the following day, the seizures started fading and in just two days, it went away completely. We are still in awe with this discovery while we are very glad that the baby is back to normal life, but I felt - this might help someone someday.

Cc: lalasticlala

Good for you however it will be wise not to encourage this form of self medication through the internet humans are bound to go the extreme.

Dont just jump into conclusion. you might not be lucky next time

It is advisable to see a doctor atleast for monitoring purposes and professional advise

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Neduzze5(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
What could we ever do without Google? grin

On the day I convocated from the University, this was the Speech I gave:

"I won't fail to thank my family, my friends, relations and well wishers for their love and support as I went through this stage of my life. My heartfelt thank goes most especially to Google and Copy and Paste!!" grin grin

8 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by dkronicle(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Same internet also pushed some
peepz to 6ft earlier...
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Sunexy(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Kudos to the internet
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by nanizle(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
Best wishes to your baby @OP smiley Your wife is smart!

And please... don't ever associate any symptom to "spiritual attacks" or "supernatural happenings"... It will lead you nowhere.

Mehn... who knew soybeans could be so dangerous to babies.
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by hayoakins(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
Halleluya somebody.

So happy for you
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by damiloladuke: 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
the internet has chwnged my life drastically too

Isit from working for people have never met or total strangers calling me and asking for blogging training. Or even foreigners asking me to help with their blogs and paying me good money without leaving my home

The internet is the best thing after Jesus Christ to happen to humanity.

4 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Firefire(m): 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
...conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.

Congrats!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by missKiffy(f): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
Thank God, the internet is indeed helpful, I had dried throat a while back and I just goggled treatment for dry throat, I did what I found out, just gaggle with salt water and within days it was gone. Am not saying we shldnt go and see a doctor bt d internet is very useful

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by okooloyun1(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Lilimax(f): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
Internet rocks when used positively for learning.
It helped me a lot during my first pregnancy most especially BabyCenter.com as well as
the on-line Doctor of Moyo Clinic smiley
When I talks about pregnancy with people, you'll hardly know that was my first pregnancy cool

7 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Ogbaruoigwe1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
noted. please announce my arrival moderator
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by BiggerBangs: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
Congrats...the Internet has helped many people including me because if not for Seun's Nairaland too i wouldnt have made 1.2million plus as profit selling my product on Nairaland and making people satisfied too!!

[size=20pt]BiggerBangs[/size] Says so

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Richie0974: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
Wow.... One of the benefit of the Internet....but I think it still does more bad than good...
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by wellmax(m): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
Wonderful!!! The power of knowledge.

Come to think of it, illiteracy is the major cause of problems in Nigeria, medical or otherwise. Have you ever wondered (with due respect) why Northern Nigeria has more people with deformities and abnormalities. Illiteracy is the major cause.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Funjosh(m): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
God Bless Google cool
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by thezoomustfail: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Change A Tooth. / CJN Tanko Muhammad Tests Positive For COVID-19 / The Terrible/harmful Effects Of Postinor2: Factfinder1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.