Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment (74809 Views)

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 / AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 17, 2015
whatever. move on.Next?
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Damsonkc(m): 5:16am On Oct 17, 2015
diplomat51:
Which site did they edit? Fine,all submissions have ended long before now but which contact dates has been omitted?how did you know they receive 6000 entries on their same Facebook page they last updated in August. Don't forget that I visited the same site 11:49pm Nigeria time. Which HR are you talking about under African Union. When has African Union become company that use the term HR?.Please,with due respect, if you don't have meaningful information to pass across,just go and relax. Thanks. Only when you can give up is on 7th Nov. when pre-deployment training will commence.

If you can read, you would have seen a follow-up comment as regards the change of the date. Second, why do you think the term HR is derogatory and specific to a particular sector? Third, if you can read, you would see in parenthesis that I stated that someone mentioned speaking to someone there, hence the quoted number of applications received. If you indeed visited the website and the Facebook page and you are discerning enough, you would have seen the particular comment I'm referring to. It's written in French, so I understand too why you might have missed it. Telling me I've nothing meaningful to say is very rude of you. No one made you the judge of meaningful information. I sent a screenshot with their phone number. If that isn't meaningful to you, you should prolly resign from your post of judging meaningful comments. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 17, 2015
*pouring water on everyone. *

Calm down biko! angry angry
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by tannyf(m): 6:44am On Oct 17, 2015
diplomat51:
Which site did they edit? Fine,all submissions have ended long before now but which contact dates has been omitted?how did you know they receive 6000 entries on their same Facebook page they last updated in August. Don't forget that I visited the same site 11:49pm Nigeria time. Which HR are you talking about under African Union. When has African Union become company that use the term HR?.Please,with due respect, if you don't have meaningful information to pass across,just go and relax. Thanks. Only when you can give up is on 7th Nov. when pre-deployment training will commence.
Gbam!...Well said.

1 Like

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by TJ0987(f): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hi, I am so sorry for the delay, have seen your mail concerning AU YVC. I was among the pioneer set of the AU YVCs that was 2010, they advertised the program in dailies and we applied, they called us for an interview in the ministry of youth Abuja. The questions asked were normal interview questions like:
1. Formal introduction
2. Working experience if any
3. Current Affairs of African states.
4.They would love to hear if you can make contributions outside your field of studies i.e. flexibility

After the interviews the sent a success text messages to us and went for a three weeks pre deployment training at Obudu mountain resort and Tinapa all in Cross river state. After the training they gave us money for International passport and transport.
wish you good luck

"As shared by a Fellow Nairaland member who participated as far back as 2010.
Cheers"...
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Rich4god(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
I just wished I can be deployed along side a Nigerian (nairalander) to the same locality.... collabo things...
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by mooyewhy(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
TJ0987:
Hi, I am so sorry for the delay, have seen your mail concerning AU YVC. I was among the pioneer set of the AU YVCs that was 2010, they advertised the program in dailies and we applied, they called us for an interview in the ministry of youth Abuja. The questions asked were normal interview questions like:
1. Formal introduction
4.They would love to hear if you can make contributions outside your field of studies i.e. flexibility

After the interviews the sent a success text messages to us and went for a three weeks pre deployment training at Obudu mountain resort and Tinapa all in Cross river state. After the training they gave us money for International passport and transport.
wish you good luck

Cheers"...
Thanks fr the information, but after the training did they deploy everybody that went for the training or there is another selection after that? n fr how Long it was taken for you guys to be deployed. Thanks
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Roseey0(f): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
uboma, davide470 Why was my comment on this thread hidden? What rule did it violate?
Kindly explain.
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by sam4(m): 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
TJ0987:
1. Formal introduction

wish you good luck

Cheers"...
God bless u
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by TJ0987(f): 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
mooyewhy:
Thanks fr the information, but after the training did they deploy everybody that went for the training or there is another selection after that? n fr how Long it was taken for you guys to be deployed. Thanks

"Yes, I was not deployed, all my colleagues both Nigerians and non- Nigerians were not deployed.
Thanks"

According to him, no deployment, but it can be assumed that back then the structure and implementation of the program was not the same as it is now. For example then, they were selecting through interviews, so perhaps then they were only training, and not actually deploying people unlike now.

1 Like

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by mooyewhy(m): 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2015
TJ0987:

"Yes, I was not deployed, all my colleagues both Nigerians and non- Nigerians were not deployed.
Thanks"

According to him, no deployment, but it can be assumed that back then the structure and implementation of the program was not the same as it is now. For example then, they were selecting through interviews, so perhaps then they were only training, and not actually deploying people unlike now.
ok...so someone needs to think twice about the program sef. Thanks a lot
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Kelklein(m): 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
shey na like this we go dey dey ni?...what's the way forward people..?
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by davosky3: 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
Omo we jst av to chill and move on to d next level of our life...Bfre AU we were living, so wateva d outcome we have to move on while hoping fr d best. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by JosephCudjoe(m): 7:21am On Oct 19, 2015
[color=#000000][/color]At all times it is good for one to read all through before making assumptions. If one had paid attention to details in their website you would have noticed this in the bottom of the page where it says it can take an average of 12 months from day of application to day of deployment

"2016: Successful applicants will be deployed to relevant organizations
Disclaimer: it takes on average 12 month from the date of application until final deployment to go through all stages. Applicants are therefore not advised to commit early on and resign from jobs or defer their education and other engagements"
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by famopompy(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2015
JosephCudjoe:
[color=#000000][/color]At all times it is good for one to read all through before making assumptions. If one had paid attention to details in their website you would have noticed this in the bottom of the page where it says it can take an average of 12 months from day of application to day of deployment

"2016: Successful applicants will be deployed to relevant organizations
Disclaimer: it takes on average 12 month from the date of application until final deployment to go through all stages. Applicants are therefore not advised to commit early on and resign from jobs or defer their education and other engagements"

That doesn't change the fact that they said that they will shortlist on the 15th of October. They re crazy

3 Likes

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by andre99(m): 1:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
Good day all, we shouldn't put our annoyance on them, if we had a government that provides job after graduation, no one will bother applying for this because its not a permanent job, it only adds value to your CV, we pray the country gets better.

7 Likes

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by ohosi4real(m): 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
let us forget them, what will be yours will surely be so my brother and sister let us keep praying for God to direct us to your destiny

1 Like

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by cliffemmy(m): 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
Sales & Marketing Executive needed at Code For Nigeria

Salary: N60,000
Qualification: B.Sc,HND,/Professional Certification.
Send your CV to jobs@codefornigeria.com

1 Like

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by tosinbabe(f): 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Thread Closed! gringringrin
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by distinguished1(m): 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
tosinbabe:
Thread Closed! gringringrin
Close ke. No give me hypertension
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Rich4god(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
Check your mail guys.......

All banks are sending alert with regards BVN deadline. Ensure that you have your number. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by oolusola: 8:14am On Oct 24, 2015
cliffemmy:
Sales & Marketing Executive needed at Code For Nigeria

Salary: N60,000
Qualification: B.Sc,HND,/Professional Certification.
Send your CV to jobs@codefornigeria.com

scamer I guess, u ve been posting thesame to all threads
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by ohosi4real(m): 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
There is hope for those who apply for the job. Number 7th you will receive a call up message. Mark my word
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Rich4god(m): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
ohosi4real:
There is hope for those who apply for the job. Number 7th you will receive a call up message. Mark my word
salt and pepper plz...
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by tosinbabe(f): 6:09am On Oct 28, 2015
Brethern I say unto thee, in 10 days all shall be revealed to the glory of God!

1 Like

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by TJ0987(f): 9:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
On the website through which I applied, a guy claims he was contacted on the 26th that he had been shortlisted. He encouraged people not to loose hope, that in due time, everyone would know their fate.
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by ProfDumbledor(m): 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by mooyewhy(m): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2015
TJ0987:
On the website through which I applied, a guy claims he was contacted on the 26th that he had been shortlisted. He encouraged people not to loose hope, that in due time, everyone would know their fate.
pls can u share the link of the website....
Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 29, 2015
Here's it.

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by Kelklein(m): 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
An open letter to the AU chairman on the aborted(?) AUYVC recruitment exercise

This letter is written on behalf of the entire applicants (most especially Nigerians) for the recently submitted online application as volunteers in the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AUYVC).

Dear Mr. Chairman,

Today(29/10/15) marks exactly two weeks after the AUYVC failed to release the list of shortlisted candidate for pre-deployment training as part of the scheduled 2015/16 AUYVC programme. It is no doubt this affects us (Nigerians) the most as records from previous applications showed that Nigerians alone constitute a lion's share of the applicants. So I won't be surprised if the same feat is repeated in this year's exercise, given the frightening level of unemployment in the country today.

If the Union had any reason to discontinue the exercise, we believe the decent thing to do as a reputable organisation, was to communicate this to the applicants either via E-mail or issue a general statement to that effect on their website. The same way they issued the application information. But this was never done or rather has not been done, thereby raising the applicants' hope in vain. But again I am not surprised, this is Africa where the youths are seen more as albatross than as resources.

If the organization want the applicants to simply assume that they were not selected since they never got a pre-deployment E-mail, that would be very myopic and crass irresponsibility on their part for an organization that claims to foster co-operation over an entire continent. The point is, most of the applicants have an online forum where they meet to share information.

Our demand

•An immediate press release from AU explaining to us, in clear terms, the reasons for the delay in shortlisting the names of qualified candidates for pre-deployment training.

•An apology from the youth division of AU for toying with our collective Psyche as African Youths; and lastly

•If the Union wishes to suspend or discontinue with the exercise, this should be communicated to every applicants. If otherwise, a new timeline should be issued immediately and should be stuck to as promptly as possible.

That is how it is done in civilized societies.

Thank you.
Kelklein

Kelklein resides in Lagos and can be reached on 07034509793 or drkelklein@gmail.com

modified: copies of this have been sent to the AU main website, major Nigerian print and online media.

We demand answers and answers we will get!

Lalasticlala...Abeg help us do the needful to this letter as an update to this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2016 Recruitment by famopompy(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
Interesting letter.
God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Custodian And Allied Plc (CAP) / Who Killed Iniobong Ini Umoren? By David Hundeyin / Insourcing Limited is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.