Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop (3317 Views)

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2011? / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by jeff101: 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2009
Got this from the usual suspect-9jahiphop.

http://9jahiphop..com/2009/04/oluwe-future-of-naija-hip-hop.html

[I don't always do this but it is not every time you hear a truly talented Nigerian artist.if you have not heard oluwe before i suggest you go grab a copy of his album "HAPPY DAY" if you can find it.

Oluwe is like 9ice on steroids(x3).i mean this guy is f*@king awesome.
Listening to his album is like an initiation,the way he brings you into his world without even trying is amazing.he blends apala with hip hop in ways never imagined.
from the first track he shows you he means business & he keeps on doing his thing without following any laid down protocol.dude is a beast on the mic.

Oluwe has got this raspy voice you are bound to fall in love with immediately you hear it,but before i tell you why i think he is the future let me explain to you how i came across this guy.2 or 3 months ago i was at a friend's place & was thumbing through his cd rack when he pulled out oluwe's album & told me to listen to it.i declined immediately cos i hate listening to upcoming artistes as most of them end up being copy cats with nothing to offer.fast forward to 3 weeks ago & i am at the barbershop getting my hair cut and as usual we are talking about everything from football to music when he asked me if i had listened to oluwe.it was at this point i realized i was hearing of oluwe from 2 people who i have great respect for cos of their taste in music.it's not like these guys listen to anything but good music.unfortunately i was in a hurry so i didn't get to listen to it until a week ago at the barbershop,and it was after one week of listening to my copy(i had to get mine) that i finally came to this conclusion.

From start to finish "happy day" is an excursion through the dark mind of Ajayi Olumide (oluwe).The bulk of the 12 track album is produced by samklef,while ad10 & shogun take charge of the rest.the album starts off smoothly with "oronyon" followed by "oluwe mawe"(where he glorifies sensi/ganja/mary j albeit secretly) but the song that takes away all the glory is "my home" where he shows his love for naija by imploring Nigerians in diaspora to come back home and he somehow succeeds in making you believe that Nigeria will be great.Most of his tracks like "pelebe,sare,mr apala & akololo" are heavily infused with metaphors and proverbs,so you will have to keep hitting the rewind button to stay in touch.in whatever way you look at it,oluwe succeeds in passing his message across.

In the midst of all the booty shaking & booty worship going on in the industry,oluwe is a breath of fresh air.what makes him stand out is his ability to make timeless music.he makes music that can exported.it's music like this that generates cultlike following.]
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by tosinaded(m): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2009
tales by moonlight undecided
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by princesa(f): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2009
9jahiphop shouldnt tells his wonderful tale alone undecided

music tv shows should
radio station should
little children should
and club house should

if not?
who d hell is he?

1 Like

Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by audio: 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2009
princesa:

9jahiphop shouldnt tells his wonderful tale alone undecided

music tv shows should
radio station should
little children should
and club house should

if not?
who d hell is he?

They are praying on the Zombie nature of the naija public. If they're told whose hot, they generally tend to go with it. However, in this case i will say f*** that. Who the hell is he? I've never heard of him ever.
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by ofokasibe: 8:36am On Apr 14, 2009
wher--e is the fcukin download link to his song?? grin grin grin
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by lalaboi(m): 10:54am On Apr 14, 2009
Nahhhh I think its high time we did something about 9jahiphop.. . . . .They have been responsible for alot of misguided and horrific informations. . . . .

http://www.esnips.com/doc/ea59a6dd-f035-4373-96a8-4699525c2573/Oluwe---Oluwe-mawe

Who da heck will say this is the future of Naija hip hop. . . .

Am watching you guys now. . .Julia and jef101. . . .wouldnt be surprised if they are the same peeps
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by ofokasibe: 11:40am On Apr 14, 2009
GOD BLESS ESNIP, GOD BLESS [b]LALABOI! GOD BLESS NAIRALAND. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

*******OOOOOFFFFFFOOOOKKKKKAAAAAAASSSSSIIIIIBEEEEEEEEE******[/b]
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by khanye(m): 11:48am On Apr 14, 2009
The song na the wackest shit i've ever listened to!
Rubbish angry
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by dominique(f): 1:06am On Apr 15, 2009
we should know by now that anything that comes out from naija hiohop blosgpot is absolute bulls**t, trash, not worth two seconds of my time. . .oluwe ko, aluwe ni tongue
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by jeff101: 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2009
Been gone for a while,did you guys miss me(thanks).i missed you too.whoa a lot has been going on in my absence,i can see shit popping up everywhere.iam julian and jeff at the same time then lalaboi is khanye & tosinaded.

back to the topic
if someone told you 9ice & lord of ajasa will become this big 3 years ago,what would you have said after listening to their debut albums.what i think
(he who must not be named) is trying to say is that in a couple of years oluwe will be a force to reckon with.he is not talking about the present,y'all need to chill out.i finally listened to oluwe"s album and it aint bad at all.if you don't understand yoruba,you don't have to listen to it

@ lalaboi
i double dare you to upload my home,sare,oluwe mawe remix,oronyon & pelebe then see what everyone thinks about it.
let the people jugde.

gotta get back to work.ciao
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by Bamsyle(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2009
I've listened to "Mawe" and must say dude's got a nice/unique concept and style . . . it's got a fine and smooth blend of the old and the new . . . young Akpala Music lovers especially must love this . . .

But calling him "the future of Naija Hip Hop"??

Nah . . . Naija Hip Hop . . . even with the handful of names trying to save the game . . . still needs some shock treatment . . .

That's taking it too far.
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2009
Nigerians and exaggeration grin
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by audio: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2009
If this is the future of Naija Hiphop, then we're dead and buried.
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by mrmetoo1: 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2009
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by TmeD0(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2009
i quite agree with bamstyle on this one.  dude's concept is totally different and will definitely appeal to the apala/fuji younger crowd.
Haruna Ishola and Ayinla Omowura will be proud of the direction this dude's taken their genre of music.

but to call it the future of naija hip-hop is really pushing it! Peace!
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by DBanjFan: 10:50pm On Apr 16, 2009
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axxVRmqztwY&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

GOOD REMIX-brings back memories

FUTURE, remember where you heard it first!!
Re: Oluwe-the Future Of Naija Hip Hop by sesiinc: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2009
Samklef is Talented! He will be shooting yet another video this coming saturday the 26th of sept, 09. He loves to make people feel happy. He's fun, cool, loving, warm and caring. He needs your support spread the word "Samklef NoNi" wink

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: Zlatan – 4 Days In Eko (snippet) / Ileke-idi And What She's Currently Listening To / Mike (project Fame Winner) Fine Fine Lady Ft Illbliss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.