Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

A Minute Information - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Minute Information (864 Views)

Interested In Winning A 15-minute Conversation With Omoni Oboli? / Last Minute Theme Discovery / Death And A Minute. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Minute Information by Divepen1(m): 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
A Minute Information
Rachael trudged on the street with the hope she would see a place to charge the battery of her phone. The darkness of the area mixed with the cold made everything look eerie.

Rachael kept trekking the dusty street, knowing that she would see a place to charge her phone despite being five streets away from home. The fuel scarcity has affected everyone; even service providers had gone off-line. Five days ago, T.V stations and Radio station went off-line, compelling people to opt for newspapers; however, Newspapers also stopped publication two days ago.

Just as she was about to give up, she saw it- a house, where generator was providing their electricity. Rachael was so happy that she raced to the place and did not stop until she ran into a hefty man.
‘Bros, no vex…’
He grunted.
‘Abeg I fit see place charge phone’.
‘Yes…yes…’

The guy led her to a place in the house, which, when Rachael got to, made her almost run back: many people were there, charging their gadgets; many of them were pressing them even while charging them.
Rachael rushed to plug her phone. She knew every minute count.

‘Sister, you don shake my phone’, someone called.
‘I’ll do it’, she replied.
Rachael was so hungry for information- she needed to know what was happening within the country. She needed entertainment also. Her body tingled when the phone came on, and licked her lower lips when she logged into her blog.

At first, she did not want to write anything but felt people needed information too, so she wrote ‘How’s is it going in your area?’

She felt the need not to write more, so she posted it and she surfed other sites for news. Religious people were already on their knee, especially the Christians who believed this was greatest sign of end time they’ve seen.

Great minds have been questioning the president, Jeremiah Pete, who had been trying to decipher the reason behind this problem.

Just then, she began to receive answers to her question. Rachael hurriedly read people’s answers, just to satisfy her deep hunger for information, and to read the way people would use languages to analyse this problem.

She was enjoying it until she saw one that made muffle a cry.
“I was robbed of my laptop in a house we went to charge. Some of the guys with whom we were charging phones together stuck guns into our back, and asked us to drop our things”.

She replied
‘Where is your place?
And waited agitatedly for his reply, with fear he would not reply that night again.

A big house at Ajede Street at Abesan in Lagos.
Oh God! That was where she was.

She stylishly picked her phone and knew that the best thing she could do was to run, and run she did, pushing past the hefty man, and didn’t stop until she got home.

‘Sister’, someone called from behind her as she stopped.
She turned to see a lanky man panting heavily.
‘I was there also…’

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Minute Information by bishop88: 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
Following,where my mat mak I sitdon
Re: A Minute Information by harjibolar10(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2015
Me I don come ooo

Keep em coming broz
Re: A Minute Information by Kitme(f): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
Guess this is among the 12 novel project I saw in your diary?? cheesy
Nice one, keep 'em coming.
Re: A Minute Information by llaykorn: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
#Following.

Why don't you put some space between your paragraphs, sir?
Re: A Minute Information by Divepen1(m): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2015
llaykorn:
#Following.

Why don't you put some space between your paragraphs, sir?
It's the phone sir.
Re: A Minute Information by stuff46(m): 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
cheesy
Re: A Minute Information by llaykorn: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
Divepen1:
It's the phone sir.

Oh! It looks better now. Have you seen my mail, sir?
Re: A Minute Information by Divepen1(m): 6:02am On Oct 30, 2015
I entered a competition that requires that each person get at least 300 votes to get to the next stage and I've just gotten 157 votes. We are getting nearer to the deadline please I need your support. Here is the link....and it's free.
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10172
Thanks in advance.

(1) (Reply)

My Last... (short Story) / Letters To My Aborted Daughter / Suggestions!!! Need Stories Written By Females On Nl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.