Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? (2599 Views)

How To Make A Man Admire You, Chase You, Fall In Love With You And Marry You. / "I Will Marry You" - Oyinbo Man Tells Busty Nigerian Lady Frying Puff Puf Online / This Is What Happens When You Force A Man To Marry You. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 17, 2015
I was listening to a motivational speaker as he was speaking on the topic love and marriage, he then asked a question "can you Marry yourself and still be happy?". What's your take on the question?
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 17, 2015
I will be the most happiest man on earth!
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by adewaletb3(m): 12:06am On Sep 17, 2015
I ain't gay so I can't marry my myself. In other words its not imaginably possible.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 17, 2015
adewaletb3:
I ain't gay so I can't marry my myself. In other words its not imaginably possible.
Hey just step out of that box... It's just a question that's to make you analyze your character towards a fellow human .... Not about being gay or how possible it is

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by lekjons(m): 12:11am On Sep 17, 2015
hell yeah!
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 17, 2015
modelmike7:
I will be the most happiest man on earth!
That's nice .... But are you sure you're not answering the question based on self? Asin trying to get it your way all the time.
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by adewaletb3(m): 12:13am On Sep 17, 2015
klassiquette:

Hey just step out of that box... It's just a question that's to make you analyze your character towards a fellow human .... Not about being gay or how possible it is
Yeah yeah yeah I know just kidding by the way.
Of course I can marry me. wink
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by macsilver(m): 12:44am On Sep 17, 2015
Well OP, I think this question goes way beyond the obvious. Looking at the foregrounding features, I think what the speaker meant is that could you marry someone who posesses the same traits/character as you do.
Now, to answer the question, I'll say no. This is because there wouldn't be fun in the marriage. Humans always see themselves as perfect even if they preach that they are not, their narcissism would always pose as a blindfold to see other people as same as they are. This is my opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by makingsense(m): 1:08am On Sep 17, 2015
Why Not. My parents are Living proof !!
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 17, 2015
klassiquette:

That's nice .... But are you sure you're not answering the question based on self? Asin trying to get it your way all the time.
......... Hmmm, that is another angle to this. Now, thinking!......... But my mind still tells me Yes!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 17, 2015
God forbid I'd prob be depressed to death. As I don't have time for anyone not to even talk about myself. It'd be two chronic introverts staying together.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Exponental(m): 7:41am On Sep 17, 2015
If the question means someone like me in the opposite sex..... No!
I am not perfect, my spouse should be able to compliment my weaknesses thereby making me a better being. Two "me" will not argue, forcefully bringing about stagnancy.
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by IamLEGEND1: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2015
I think I already am
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2015
macsilver:
Well OP, I think this question goes way beyond the obvious. Looking at the foregrounding features, I think what the speaker meant is that could you marry someone who posesses the same traits/character as you do.
Now, to answer the question, I'll say no. This is because there wouldn't be fun in the marriage. Humans always see themselves as perfect even if they preach that they are not, their narcissism would always pose as a blindfold to see other people as same as they are. This is my opinion though.
I'm not disputing your opinion but all what the speaker was trying to say was that if you marry someone that has your character will you be happy? It's a question that's tho challenge you to grade your character that's all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by misspicy(f): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2015
Yes
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Glowstone(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
how do you marry yourself please
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by ideatoprince18(m): 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
That would b d worst mistake..... don't get it twisted ..... I love myself to a fault buh I can't marry someone like me dt is to say a chronic introvert ...always online.... a snub .... wit few friends.... buh probably d best guy to b with to those who are close to me......I'd prefer a loud person.....an EXTROVERT ....A chronic one for dt matter
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
YES
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by missmary(f): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
Craziest couple ever
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by braine(m): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
Marrying a girl who has my character will be soooo sweet. I really wish.
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
klassiquette:
I was listening to a motivational speaker as he was speaking on the topic love and marriage, he then asked a question "can you Marry yourself and still be happy?". What's your take on the question?

Its possible
Its not all gloom and doom
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
modelmike7:
......... Hmmm, that is another angle to this. Now, thinking!......... But my mind still tells me Yes!
What your mind says differs from what reality gives
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Swissheart(f): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
Yes!I can marry 'me'.......me wey no too get wahala...... cool
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by kowalsky: 11:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
nahhhh

Its possible i wont talk to myself for a whole year.
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
Swissheart:
Yes!I can marry 'me'.......me wey no too get wahala...... cool
LOLZ you're sure?
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by Swissheart(f): 11:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
klassiquette:

LOLZ you're sure?
...yeah
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by macsilver(m): 7:42am On Sep 19, 2015
klassiquette:

I'm not disputing your opinion but all what the speaker was trying to say was that if you marry someone that has your character will you be happy? It's a question that's tho challenge you to grade your character that's all

well that means we are saying the same thing then. Kindly read my comment again...
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by tonyx4x44(m): 7:59am On Sep 19, 2015
nope not in Nigeria

it will probably be worth 14 years at kuje prisons
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by abdrazak: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2015
macsilver:
You got it right.

I will also say no.
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by tonyx4x44(m): 8:06am On Sep 19, 2015
macsilver:

seconded...

some level of narcissism in inbuilt in all humans

one way or the other you will resent a clone of yourself

might just work out though with 0.0001 of the human population (there must probably be a match... maybe Ghandi and himself)

abayomi macsilver
guess who this is.. and get an all expense paid trip to catalonia! grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by macsilver(m): 9:09am On Sep 19, 2015
tonyx4x44:

seconded...

some level of narcissism in inbuilt in all humans

one way or the other you will resent a clone of yourself

might just work out though with 0.0001 of the human population (there must probably be a match... maybe Ghandi and himself)

abayomi macsilver
guess who this is.. and get an all expense paid trip to catalonia! grin

lmao, Tony, you dey here! How you dey na? I no want the trip oooo! I WANT THAT MONEY FOR THE ..... Lol.
Re: Can You Marry You And Still Be Happy? by tonyx4x44(m): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2015
macsilver:

lmao, Tony, you dey here! How you dey na? I no want the trip oooo! I WANT THAT MONEY FOR THE ..... Lol.

grin grin grin

come take na...

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Q7D528b3DBY/T0Rifdq7GLI/AAAAAAAAAtM/NeQXaDqnkgQ/s640/1243335_700b.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! / Please Help, She Left This Morning Without Her Cloths. "True Life Story. / [VIDEO + Photos] Nigerian Students Having Raw S*x 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.