Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah (2017 Views)

Buhari Rejects US Gay Marriage. / Rape And Anti-In.ce.st Bill: A Slippery Slope / The Killings In The North, The Facts And The Slippery Slope By Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 11, 2009
Luke 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

With the recent legalization of gay marriages in Iowa and Vermont, we officially entered into the "days of Lot" . . . and all we can look forward to is fire, brimstone and eventual destruction.

I make no bones about it, i am bitterly opposed to gay marriages . . . and to those who are quick to conjure the words "bigot" and "homophobic" each time those on the right voice their opposition to this form of wicked perversion it is more evidence that they need to take a second look at the real meanings of those words. I have no irrational fear of gays, rather i have a fear that their main goal is NOT to fight for equality but to insidiously destroy the very fabric of society - marriage and the family!
There are many who "support" gay marriage, to them it is a sign of being "enlightened" . . . sadly it is they who cannot see beyond their noses. With the legalization of gay marriage, marriage licenses have become no more than a legal contract, a piece of paper that is probably less valuable than your drivers license. Where then would we stop? How can we legalise gay marriage and ignore the polygamists, those who wish to wed their dogs, group marriages, marriages between adults and children? Do they not also wish to "love" too just like us? Why should the "love" between a gay couple be different from that between alhaji and his two wives?

What about our children learning about sex education? For long we have taught them that the p enis is made for the vagina only . . . would we have to include the anus now? What about biology textbooks? Will we have to re-write this to include new functions for the anus too?

The gravest danger however will be to those who conscientiously object to homosexualism. Churches will now be forced to accept gay marriage to avoid being stripped of their tax-exempt status, medical doctors who object on the basis of their faith will be ostracized, ridiculed and perhaps in danger of having their medical licenses revoked for refusing to attend to homosexual couples. Adoption agencies run by faith organisations are gradually being forced out of business if they wont give babies to same-sex couples.
Now we are simply being called "bigots" . . . the violence perpetrated against the Mormon church for *gasp* DARING to exercise their constitutional rights to support Prop 8 is just a tip of the iceberg. Imagine the headlines if some group of christians had surrounded a gay woman, called her names, ripped her flag and trampled on it . . . imagine the outrage. But since this is done against christians no one cares . . .

The bible and the church are the greatest impediments to forcing gay marriage down the throats of the society, very soon they will plot to criminalise possession of the bible and outlaw churches all together. Sounds far-fetched? Well 50yrs ago if you had been told there was something called a homosexual you would have laughed them to scorn . . .
The homosexual lobby is growing in power and influence . . . Ellen Degeneres, Barney Frank, Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow . . . that is why the fact that the majority of Americans oppose gay marriage does not matter. The courts have become tools of tyrany, it doesnt matter what the people say . . . some senile fellow at a bench can simply change the course of our lives with the stroke of the pen. We only care about democracy when it favours us anyway.

When i was 7 yrs old . . . my social studies teacher taught me that a family was = father, mother and children. Never did i think i would live to see the day it would be redefined as father, father and whoever else they choose to adopt.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Sissy3(f): 4:21am On Apr 11, 2009
David why are you all surprised? the end time is near and many things are bound to happen! IMO, this is just the beginning. tomorrow now one person will wake up from their sleep and realize that it is right, {privilege, liberty, freedom, natural right or whatever adjective they deem appropriate to use} to  marry their dogs!
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Sissy3(f): 4:25am On Apr 11, 2009
davidylan:

The homosexual lobby is growing in power and influence . . . Anderson Cooper,

shocked shocked shocked shocked huh? i thought he was . . . .
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:29am On Apr 11, 2009
wetin Anderson do for you? 99%of people are unaware of his orientation. He doesnt throw it in anyone's faces. Infact you'd be hard pressed to find him in a pic with a partner

Abeg leave him alone jare
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by nguage(m): 4:30am On Apr 11, 2009
Honestly, let them do what they want to do. If you don't like gay marraige then don't marry a gay person.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 11, 2009
We only care about democracy when it favours us anyway.

how many times have i said this before? were you not the one saying otherwise when i said that religion and democracy are at least 80% exclusive?

Why should the "love" between a gay couple be different from that between alhaji and his two wives?

we would all appreciate it if you kept your infamous 'no bones' stance on Islam to the religion thread, thank you very much.

as to your complaints about persecution etal, i found this on the web the other day

“Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.” -2nd Timothy 3:12

Don’t be surprised when it comes. The Bible says that all who will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. Not “maybe” but “shall”.

its in your bible , not so? deal with it.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Kobojunkie: 4:47am On Apr 11, 2009
oyb:

how many times have i said this before? were you not the one saying otherwise when i said that religion and democracy are at least 80% exclusive?
I knew I would fine you here with this nonsense again!
@Oyb, instead of going around spewing nonsense may I suggest again that you spend time researching what DEMOCRACY means and how you CANNOT make such a statement as the one you keep making above?

oyb:

we would all appreciate it if you kept your infamous 'no bones' stance on Islam to the religion thread, thank you very much.
as to your complaints about persecution etal, i found this on the web the other day
its in your bible , not so? deal with it.

Forget that I am even a Christian, for a minute, and try to think and think and think again!! Seriously, you sound like a goofhead with that whole democracy is mutually exclusive to religion thing. I mean it got me wondering why some of us Nigerians are too stuck on EGO MODE, that we spend less and less time actually pondering the meaning in the claims we make on here.
DEMOCRACY, in lay man’s terms, is government system that allows people, based on their moral beliefs to choose what they consider suitable for them, in leaders and in their environment. This in turn means that if you believe in some religion (Be it Goth, Satanism, Hinduism, Hare Krishna, KKK, atheism, Buddhism, anythinism), you are allowed to VOTE based on your religious belief, YES OR NO at the ballot. If you have no religious belief, you are allowed to VOTE YES OR NO based on your ideas of how things ought to be for you and yours. It is nothing more than a situation where individuals make decisions that potentially affect the whole. You do not have to be a ROCKET scientist to understand that, you know?

I know you seem to have issues with people making statements against your belief and seem to throw a fit whenever the @poster does this. I mean I have come to understand that like @becomerich, you and some others on here are stuck on some level and that is fine, but dude at least say sensible and meaningful stuff more often than not when you throw your tantrums in your bid to somehow paint Christianity black.

I really do not care what you have to say about the religion, for all I know you could be a disturbed soul crying for help the way you know to and that is fine by me, but just get it right when it comes to democracy is all I ask of you. This lack of understanding is why we are in hell in Africa ! ugh!!

DEMOCRACY DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO THINK OR WHEN TO THINK IT; IT DOES NOT TELL YOU WHAT VALUES YOU SHOULD HAVE AND WHEN TO HAVE THEM. IT SIMPLY ALLOWS YOU TO VOTE WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT VALUES YOU HOLD TO, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT YOUR NEIGHBOUR OR THE NEXT MAN THINKS OR CLINGS TO.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by noetic(m): 4:55am On Apr 11, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I knew I would fine you here with this nonsense again!
@Oyb, instead of going around spewing nonsense may I suggest again that you spend time researching what DEMOCRACY means and how you CANNOT make such a statement as the one you keep making above?

How can u expect an islamic bigot to conduct an objective research or make an objective statement?

@ Topic.

The unfortunate reality has been explicitly stated by the poster. I find consolation in the fact that the scriptures already informs us of this madness.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 11, 2009
I know you seem to have issues with people making statements against your belief and seem to throw a fit whenever the @poster does this. I mean I have come to understand that like @becomerich, you and some others on here are stuck on some level and that is fine, but dude at least say sensible and meaningful stuff more often than not when you throw your tantrums in your bid to somehow paint Christianity black

stating that a simple conviction that religion and democracy are ultimately incompatible does not translate to as you would call it . . .trying to paint christianity black.

abegi, pls don't compare me to becomrich. u want me to start spamming you with satellite images?

How can u expect an islamic bigot to conduct an objective research or make an objective statement?

back at you. going by the thread, how can one expect a christian bigot to do 'conduct an objective research or make an objective statement?' your ilk  are in the religion threads spreading discredited urban legends as gospel truth, not so?

IMHO, this thread captures the issue.

if davidlyan was not a religious christian, would he be bothered by this issue?
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by preselect(m): 5:19am On Apr 11, 2009
let them be angry
all these marriage/abortion/ religion stuff . . haba, who be god here sef? i am a christain, i read the bible, if mallam audu want to read koran, let him be. as far as he dont stop me going to church, no wahala. if my friends want to sleep with cow, let them be. but see what the bible said in deuteronomy. . . ''i have laid before you, two choices. . . .good . . .and evil . . . .choose good . . . bla bla bla . . '' so debatably God is pro choice but he has laid out the conseguences of making the wrong choice, clearly in the bible, as well as the blessing of making the right choices, but yet he gave us a choice. Gracious God.

democracy allows people of all races and cultures to live together in peace, so let them be. God will be the judge.
if i were in california, i would leave the proposition 8 stuff empty. wont vote on it. let people discover God by choice, not by force.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Kobojunkie: 5:26am On Apr 11, 2009
oyb:

stating that a simple conviction that religion and democracy are ultimately incompatible does not translate to as you would call it . . .trying to paint christianity black.
abegi, pls don't compare me to becomrich. u want me to start spamming you with satellite images?

Well, what else do you expect me to do when your response provides me even more reason why I should start considering you yet another @becomerich on here? So In all I posted to you, all you could pick out was my little about Christianity? You proved me right, and I see now how this is just a waste of my time. OMG!! Unbelievable!!
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by TayoD1(m): 5:32am On Apr 11, 2009
@topic,

While the poster dealt with this topic mostly from a religious context, I am yet to find a social reason why gay marriage should be allowed by any society.

I will sure like to hear the arguments for it from the proponents. Don't be afraid to take a stand for gay marriage here if you believe in it. I promise, no one will suspect you to be gay if you do.  grin

@pres-elect,

if i were in california, i would leave the proposition 8 stuff empty. wont vote on it. let people discover God by choice, not by force.
Voting for proposition 8 is not about legislating righteousness.  Even God could not do that (look at the Old Testament), so it is futile for men to attempt it. I will not vote for the legalisation of gay marriage because I do not see how it sustains the society that it expects to subsidise it. Heterosexual marriages on the other hand provide the means to building and sustaining the society.  The society has an existential reason to subsidize it in that regard.  That will be my thinking when I go to vote.  I don't care what anybody does with their ding-dong in private, but I will not subsidise that sexual activity with my taxes.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 11, 2009
@kobojunkie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy

Democracy is a form of government in which power is held indirectly by citizens in a free electoral system. It is derived from the Greek δημοκρατία (dēmokratía (info)), "popular government",[1] which was coined from δῆμος (dêmos), "people" and κράτος (krátos), "rule, strength" in the middle of the 5th-4th century BC to denote the political systems then existing in some Greek city-states, notably Athens following a popular uprising in 508 BC.[2]

In political theory, democracy describes a small number of related forms of government and also a political philosophy. Even though there is no universally accepted definition of 'democracy',[3] there are two principles that any definition of democracy includes. The first principle is that all members of the society (citizens) have equal access to power and the second that all members (citizens) enjoy universally recognized freedoms and liberties.[4][5][6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_liberties

Civil liberties are freedoms that protect the individual from the government. Civil liberties set limits for government so that it cannot abuse its power and interfere with the lives of its citizens.

Common civil liberties include the rights of people, freedom from religion, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech, and additionally, the right to due process, to a fair trial, to own property, and to privacy.

The formal concept of civil liberties dates back to the Magna Carta of 1215 which in turn was based on pre-existing documents.

Democratic Republics such as the United States have a Constitution, a bill of rights and similar constitutional documents that enumerate and seek to guarantee civil liberties. Other states have enacted similar laws through a variety of legal means, including signing and ratifying or otherwise giving effect to key conventions such as the European Convention on Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

It might be said that the protection of civil liberties is a key responsibility of all citizens of free states, as distinct from authoritarian states.

The existence of some claimed civil liberties is a matter of dispute, as are the extent of most civil rights. Controversial examples include reproductive rights, same-sex marriage, and the right to keep and bear arms. Whether the existence of victimless crimes infringes upon civil liberties is a matter of dispute. Another matter of debate is the suspension or alteration of certain civil liberties in times of war or state of emergency, including whether and to what extent this should occur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproductive_rights

Reproductive rights are rights relating to reproduction and reproductive health.[1] The World Health Organisation defines reproductive rights as follows:

"Reproductive rights rest on the recognition of the basic right of all couples and individuals to decide freely and responsibly the number, spacing and timing of their children and to have the information and means to do so, and the right to attain the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health. They also include the right of all to make decisions concerning reproduction free of discrimination, coercion and violence."[2]

Reproductive rights were first established as a subset of human rights at the United Nation's 1968 International Conference on Human Rights.[3] The sixteenth article of the resulting Proclamation of Teheran states, "Parents have a basic human right to determine freely and responsibly the number and the spacing of their children."[4][3]

Worldwide, issues related to reproductive rights are some of the most vigorously contested, regardless of the population's socioeconomic level, religion or culture.[5] Reproductive rights may include some or all of the following rights: the right to legal or safe abortion, the right to control one's reproductive functions, the right to access quality reproductive healthcare, and the right to education and access in order to make reproductive choices free from coercion, discrimination, and violence.[6] Reproductive rights may also be understood to include education about contraception and sexually transmitted infections, and freedom from coerced sterilization and contraception, protection from gender-based practices such as female genital cutting (FGC) and male genital mutilation (MGM).[1][3][6][7]

what exactly is religion's stance on abortion? do religion and democracy share the same stance on this civil liberty?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage

i believe religion's stance on this been made clear.

Same-sex marriage and gay marriage are terms for a legally or socially recognized marriage between two people of the same sex.

The first country to allow same-sex couples to enter into legally recognized marriage was the Netherlands, effective in 2001. Since then, six other countries and five U.S. states have followed suit, though California later revoked the right and has it under judicial review. Proponents of same-sex marriage regard it as a human right to have the benefits of marriage regardless of sexual orientation. Those who oppose same-sex marriage often base their opposition on tradition, religious grounds, parenting concerns, or concerns about unintended consequences of same-sex marriage. Same-sex couples can be civilly united, but not married, in 16 countries and specific jurisdictions within 5 others. Six countries and two U.S. States (NM, NY, also DC) recognize legal same-sex marriages from other jurisdictions but do not perform their own. Political and legal debate continues in over two dozen other countries and multiple U.S. states.

Religious arguments
Main article: Religious arguments about same-sex marriage

Arguments both in opposition to and in favor of same-sex marriage are often made on religious grounds and/or formulated in terms of religious doctrine.

Many objections to same-sex marriage are based upon religious grounds. Religious opponents of same-sex marriage sometimes claim that extending marriage rights to same-sex couples could undercut the conventional purpose of marriage, or would be contrary to God's will.[66][67][68] Some religious advocates of "traditional marriage" contend that to call same-sex relationships "marriages" is a misnomer, because marriage necessarily involves the uniting of two members of the opposite sex.[69][70][71] Other religious opponents argue that same-sex marriage would encourage individuals to act upon homosexual urges, rather than seeking help to overcome same-sex attraction.[68]

Within the Judeo-Christian tradition, religious objections to same-sex marriage are often based upon biblical passages at Genesis 19:5 Leviticus 18:22, and Leviticus 20:13. Within the Christian tradition, such objections are often based on Romans 1, I Corinthians 6:8-10, and Jude 1:7. Religious organizations that oppose same-sex marriage include the Church of God in Christ,[72], The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints[73] the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference,[74] the Conservative Mennonite Conference[75], the Convocation of Anglicans in North America, the Hutterite Brethren,[76] the Orthodox Church in America,[77] the Seventh-day Adventist Church,[78] the Roman Catholic Church, the Southern Baptist Convention,[79] and the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America (OU).[80]

Some moderate and liberal Christians such as the Metropolitan Community Church, the United Church of Christ and progressive congregations within the mainline denominations believe that biblical texts refer only to specific sex acts and idolatrous worship lacking relevance to contemporary same-sex relationships.[81] Some Christians support religious and legal recognition of same-sex marriage based on a moral commitment to equality, or a belief that "human sexual orientations, whether heterosexual or homosexual, are a gift from God."[82] Several Christian denominations support same-sex marriage and perform same-sex weddings. The three largest are Unitarian Universalists[83], the United Church of Canada and the United Church of Christ (UCC).[citation needed]

Judaism, like Christianity, reflects differing views between conservative and liberal adherents. Orthodox Judaism maintains the traditional Jewish bans on both sexual acts and marriage amongst members of the same sex. Orthodox Judaism also refuses to marry even opposite-sex interfaith couples, as in its view a Jew cannot marry a non-Jew.[84] Some Conservative Jews reject recognition of same-sex unions as marriage, but permit celebration of commitment ceremonies, while others recognize same-sex marriage.[85] Members of Reform Judaism support the inclusion of same-sex unions within the definition of marriage.[86] The Jewish Reconstructionist Federation leaves the choice to individual rabbis.[87]

Due to the ambivalent language about homosexuality in Buddhist teachings, there has been no official stance put forth regarding the issue of same-sex marriage.[88]

In an American context, supporters of same-sex marriage such as Americans United for Separation of Church and State argue that by defining marriage as an opposite-sex institution, the state infringes upon the constitutional right to freedom of religion.[89][90][91]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_arguments_about_same-sex_marriage

i think religion's stand on homosexuality, vs the liberal demoocratic stand should be clear. . .
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Kobojunkie: 5:53am On Apr 11, 2009
oyb:

@kobojunkie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_liberties
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproductive_rights
what exactly is religion's stance on abortion? do religion and democracy share the same stance on this civil liberty?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage
i believe religion's stance on this been made clear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_arguments_about_same-sex_marriage
i think religion's stand on homosexuality, vs the liberal demoocratic stand should be clear. . .

Let me start by saying this . . . I know you are not an idiot, you can read and so I know you will eventually read what you posted there so you understand what it says to you. But let me try make it simpler for you to understand .

The first principle is that all members of the society (citizens) have equal access to power and the second that all members (citizens) enjoy universally recognized freedoms and liberties.[4][5][6]

What does the above mean? It means all members of society are considered equal as in no one man’s VOTE IS to be considered more superior to the other man’s. Get it?

Civil liberties are freedoms that protect the individual from the government. Civil liberties set limits for government so that it cannot abuse its power and interfere with the lives of its citizens.

Common civil liberties include the rights of people, freedom from religion, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech, and additionally, the right to due process, to a fair trial, to own property, and to privacy.

Translation, you have a RIGHT TO BE VOTE AND SPEAK YOUR MIND, just as the next man also can.

The existence of some claimed civil liberties is a matter of dispute, as are the extent of most civil rights.[b] [b]Controversial examples include reproductive rights, same-sex marriage, and the right to keep and bear arms. Whether the existence of victimless crimes infringes upon civil liberties is a matter of dispute. Another matter of debate is the suspension or alteration of certain civil liberties in times of war or state of emergency, including whether and to what extent this should occur.

Now, a sensible person reading the above would quickly key in on the word “CONTROVERSIAL” meaning NOT DECIDED ON.

Worldwide, issues related to reproductive rights are some of the most vigorously contested, regardless of the population's socioeconomic level, religion or culture.[5] Reproductive rights may include some or all of the following rights: the right to legal or safe abortion, the right to control one's reproductive functions, the right to access quality reproductive healthcare, and the right to education and access in order to make reproductive choices free from coercion, discrimination, and violence.[6] Reproductive rights may also be understood to include education about contraception and sexually transmitted infections, and freedom from coerced sterilization and contraception, protection from gender-based practices such as female genital cutting (FGC) and male genital mutilation (MGM).[1][3][6][7]

Now this one makes it absolutely clear to you that the dispute is not based on religion, socioeconomic level or even culture only. People across the board contest this on all sides.

Proponents of same-sex marriage regard it as a human right to have the benefits of marriage regardless of sexual orientation. Those who oppose same-sex marriage often base their opposition on tradition, religious grounds, parenting concerns, or concerns about unintended consequences of same-sex marriage.

Ok. This one also makes it clear to you that this is not just about religious differences but NOOO…. For the umpteenth time, you refuse to read as you are too quick to blindly post your silly claim as fact with this.

Many objections to same-sex marriage are based upon religious grounds. Religious opponents of same-sex marriage sometimes claim that extending marriage rights to same-sex couples could undercut the conventional purpose of marriage, or would be contrary to God's will.

Even the post tells you that it is many but NOT ALL objections to same sex marriage. Interesting isn’t it, that the same source you get all this from tries it’s best to educate you on the facts but you continue to skip all that in your bid to claim it supports your claim which is based on nothing but your twist on reality.

Did it ever occur to you that some of those who are PRO all these things happen to be religious people? Or have you not heard of the many gay pastors and the many religious people out there who happen to have had abortions?

You know what, I will take it that you were put here to try my patience. And so this is my last post to you on this issue. There is just so much of this I can take and I think I have reached my threshold.
Advise: Ignorance is not bliss!!
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 11, 2009
Now this one makes it absolutely clear to you that the dispute is not based on religion, socioeconomic level or even culture only. People across the board contest this on all sides.

Proponents of same-sex marriage regard it as a human right to have the benefits of marriage regardless of sexual orientation. Those who oppose same-sex marriage often base their opposition on tradition, religious grounds, parenting concerns, or concerns about unintended consequences of same-sex marriage.

Even the post tells you that it is many but NOT ALL objections to same sex marriage. Interesting isn’t it, that the same source you get all this from tries it’s best to educate you on the facts but you continue to skip all that in your bid to claim it supports your claim which is based on nothing but your twist on reality.

the core objections to homosexuals have always been religious. 90% of posts on nairaland on the subject of homosexuals always refer to the fact that it is a religious abomination etal.oh well, nigera probably cannot be used as  a demographic reference . perhaps the objections in the us are based more on tradition. . .i somehow doubt that the most vocal objectors to homosexuals reference 'parenting concerns and tradition.

Did it ever occur to you that some of those who are PRO all these things happen to be religious people? Or have you not heard of the many gay pastors and the many religious people out there who happen to have had abortions?

i'm not sure that is relevant in this issue. what is the bible's stance on this? some ultraconservatives would simply say that such people are 'not christians'

You know what, I will take it that you were put here to try my patience. And so this is my last post to you on this issue. There is just so much of this I can take and I think I have reached my threshold.

oh well, i actually take it that some nairalanders were put here to try my patience as well. . .

Let me start by saying this . . . I know you are not an idiot, you can read and so I know you will eventually read what you posted there so you understand what it says to you. But let me try make it simpler for you to understand .

thank you for your . .er. . civility
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by blackspade(m): 6:15am On Apr 11, 2009
Yeah, sure. . . . .okay.

undecided
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by blacksta(m): 8:51am On Apr 11, 2009
all these so called rantings are way to intellegient for me - i just have to pass
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nemeziz9ja: 9:02am On Apr 11, 2009
grin
Too much grammar!
Sin is SIN and homosexuality is one of them according to the Holy Book and word of God.
Divine Wisdom is profitable to guide!
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by redsun(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2009
Most times we define theories,beliefs and ideologies as if they are main be static,how it was yesterday is how it should be today,no,we are suppose to evolve along with changing times and redefine our norms and civility.

I personally don't tune in to the frequency of two men getting it on,but people do,i recognize that and that is their fucking lives.We are all different individuals,alienated from one another but we think we are all the same.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2009
damn! i've got a migraine.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by bawomolo(m): 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2009
, I am yet to find a social reason why gay marriage should be allowed by any society.

Why should an adult give you a reason to get married.  Isn't this the same rubbish that was spouted against interracial marriage?

I don't care what anybody does with their ding-dong in private, but I will not subsidise that sexual activity with my taxes.

and what subsidies are needed for homosexual partners?
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 11, 2009
bawomolo:

Why should an adult give you a reason to get married.  Isn't this the same rubbish that was spouted against interracial marriage?

Why should you make an adult a criminal for choosing who to have sex with . . either a 10 yr old or a goat? Interracial marriage and same-sex marriage are not the same . . . this insidiously dishonest attempt to mix them up so the rest of us warning against the destruction of society can shut up wont wash.

bawomolo:

and what subsidies are needed for homosexual partners?

Marital benefits . . . social security is going to crash pretty soon.
Next it wont be same sex couples arguing for rights, it would be cohabiting couples demanding they be legally recognised and that we totally do away with the marriage certificate anyway.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by bawomolo(m): 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2009
Why should you make an adult a criminal for choosing who to have sex with . . either a 10 yr old or a goat? Interracial marriage and same-sex marriage are not the same . . . this insidiously dishonest attempt to mix them up so the rest of us warning against the destruction of society can shut up wont wash.

umm we are talking about relationships between adults.

Next it wont be same sex couples arguing for rights, it would be cohabiting couples demanding they be legally recognised and that we totally do away with the marriage certificate anyway.

too late, there is something called common law marriage that already exists.

Marital benefits . . . social security is going to crash pretty soon.

yeah tax-paying homosexuals and not retiring baby boomers are responsible for the strain on social security. heterosexual households with kids benefit more from tax breaks than homosexual households.

The scare tactics seem to be failing. Congrats to vermont and iowa.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by C2H5OH(f): 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2009
"Gay Marriage"

Baba nla oxymoron to the "T". It just doesn't make sense. Sounds abnormal and perverted. Doesn't have the same ring to it. Hence the distinction.

Marriage is a union between man and wife. No such thing as "gay" marriage or "hetero" marriage.

Marriage has an unmistakable definition that has been recognized in societies all over the world from generation to generation. Attempting to refine that definition because a group of freaks want to perform a sexperiment, is injustice of the highest order.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by bawomolo(m): 9:03pm On Apr 11, 2009
Baba nla oxymoron to the "T". It just doesn't make sense. Sounds abnormal and perverted. Doesn't have the same ring to it. Hence the distinction.

what do you think about las vegas? are the things that happen in las vegas immoral and perverted?

Marriage is a union between man and wife. No such thing as "gay" marriage or "hetero" marriage.

you know damn well you would still vote against it if it was called a civil union.

Marriage has an unmistakable definition that has been recognized in societies all over the world from generation to generation

there are cultures that recognize homosexual unions, polyandry and a host of other things. There is no universal definition of marriage. Not every culture gives a shit about your bible.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 11, 2009
bawomolo:

umm we are talking about relationships between adults.  

Hypocrites . . . does that include polygamy and group marriages?

bawomolo:

too late, there is something called common law marriage that already exists.  

yeah tax-paying homosexuals and not retiring baby boomers are responsible for the strain on social security.  heterosexual households with kids benefit more from tax breaks than homosexual households.

The scare tactics seem to be failing.  Congrats to vermont and iowa.

Congrats to the courts you mean? And some people are complaining that their freedom is slowly being stolen . . . the courts overturn the votes of the majority and we are happy with it in the name of political correctness.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 11, 2009
bawomolo:

you know damn well you would still vote against it if it was called a civil union.

and exactly why are gay unions uncomfortable with being called a civil union with all the rights that come with it? why are they fighting for the re-definition of marriage? Is this fight about "rights" or about a name?

bawomolo:

there are cultures that recognize homosexual unions, polyandry and a host of other things. There is no universal definition of marriage. Not every culture gives a shit about your bible.

Dude keep quiet . . . islamic nations are against gay marriage, is it because they've been reading the bible? China is not legalizing gay marriage, are they closet christians too? this is not about christianity . . . it is about moral depravity at its worst.

You people are nothing but politically correct hypocrites . . . are you in support of legalizing polygamy also? why stop at homosexuals?
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by bawomolo(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2009
Hypocrites . . . does that include polygamy and group marriages?

since when did i have a problem with polygamy, swinging or good ole orgies? I fully believe in freedom of the individual.

Dude keep quiet . . . islamic nations are against gay marriage, is it because they've been reading the bible? China is not legalizing gay marriage, are they closet christians too? this is not about christianity . . . it is about moral depravity at its worst.

Native american and polynesian culture were pretty receptive to homosexual relationship. What are your objections to gay marriage beside religious reasons? What tax money would gay people steal when gay community in states like California and Illinois are some of the highest earners in the country.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by C2H5OH(f): 9:18pm On Apr 11, 2009
bawomolo:

what do you think about las vegas? are the things that happen in las vegas immoral and perverted?
The keyword there is Las Vegas.  If the chickenheads, hoodrats, thugs and dopeheads want to have a good time in Las Vegas, let them have it, while understanding that their freak show signifies stupidity - so long as they are not interfering with society at large.  The gay freaks movement is doing the opposite.  For example, they not only decided that San Francisco is not big enough for them, they also want to dictate how others think about their societal principles and what is acceptable or unacceptable.  In essence what happens in frisco doesn't stay in frisco for them.

I probably would because I strongly disagree with everything that homosexuality represents.  Voting for it would send the wrong message, and that is not the message I want to pass across.  Would I have as much of a problem with it as I do with a redefinition of "marriage", most likely not.

Haha, you are fast slipping into a red herring.  By and large, with the big exception of the big gurus here in America, most other places frown upon homosexuality - big time.  I might be wrong.  Even if there are places that encourage it, those changes didn't start until recently, simply because the association of freaks are busy brainwashing the media/government and making themselves out to be victims.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 11, 2009
this is not about christianity . . . it is about moral depravity at its worst.

so why the choice of naming the topic, and why the biblical quotes?

actually, thats an oxymoron, since its religion that principally defines moral depravity in the first place

abegi instead of getting all steamed up, leave that cesspit of moral depravity and come home , where the governments heads are screwed on in the right orientation.
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by bawomolo(m): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2009
In essence what happens in frisco doesn't stay in frisco for them.

so let's see, there are casino's, strip-clubs, gambling race tracks in places outside Las Vegas which you are fine with but the gays leaving Frisco and Atlanta is a big issue to you?  Aren't homosexual's human or should we quarantine them from morally righteous people like us?

I probably would because I strongly disagree with everything that homosexuality represents.

basically your problem is homosexuals and not marriage itself. just admit it.

By and large, with the big exception of the big gurus here in America,

Is the Netherlands the united states?  I believe they have rights in spain too. Change is inevitable
Re: Gay Marriage: The Slippery Road To Gomorah by C2H5OH(f): 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2009
bawomolo:

since when did i have a problem with polygamy, swinging or good ole orgies? I fully believe in freedom of the individual.

Abeg tell us something new jare.  We know you.

In your perfect society, everything goes.  You would be living in a lawless society without any noteworthy guiding principles.  Nothing short of anarchy is respectable in your book.  Silly guy  grin .

(1) (2) (Reply)

We’ll Pull Out Of Adada State Struggle If : –greater Awgu Warns / Show Me The Map Of Boko Haram Country. It Is Possible. / Breakingnews: Mosque Bombed In Sapele, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.