Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (59780 Views)

Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / Kenyan Man Congratulates His Virgin Daughter On Facebook (Photo) / Photo Of Mother Kissing Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day That Got People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by freshvine(f): 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
raayah:

Very Very bad Advice!

Look, my own mother suffered abuse in the hands of her husband after doing heaven and earth for him. You know what my mother told me one day? She sat me down and said, "Raayah. My husband does not love me, If he did, he will not abuse me like this for no reason".

Weeks after that, She moved out and hasn't looked back. She is planning to return the dowry to his people very soon. Life is so much better for her. No more spending nights at the hospital,(Yes, that's how serious the physical and mental abuse was), no more tears.. Life is good!

If you choose to stay with an abusive man because of the "children" or because you cannot "live independently", then say so. Don't tell women to stay with men with abusive men..
Same advice for men, don't stay with abusive women. They can kill

She dared him by doing what? How many of you will fight an agbero who dares you, or a man who disrespects you, Not a lot!
But when it comes to your wife, she does something wrong, you decide to give her head injury!
All of you justifying this abuse are cowards, yes I said it!

My dear thumb up for your orientation concerning gender equality and respect. Your mom did good.

My advice to you in this life is NEVER tolerate any form of abuse whether physical or emotional from your future husband. Just kick him out from your life and look for another man. If they cannot be Perfect let them rot in hell like your mom ex husband.

To you never verbally abuse your husband, if you do and he responds back, dump his ass cos if you allow him the pleasure of responding someday he might go physical.

Keep it up and do not hesitate to dump any man who has the audacity to be irrational at any point in time. Women in the West have embrace single motherhood, baby mamas why can't we enact same here or even surpass their record?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2015
cr7lomo:

Stop twisting it all, there is a difference between marrying an abusive man and provoking a man that is not abusive to the extent that he hits u. Y should u provoke him to hit u if u truly love him. Only a wicked woman like u will do that sort of thing . U can't control ur mouth but u expect him to control his hands because he has no emotions or what

The stereotypical woman talk too much.. lets hit them lol! What about the various men who have talkative wives but don't hit them.. do they have two joysticks?

What happened to your own mouth? Why don't you use it to call her to order?

Besides, Nigerian women are the most submissive and respectful women out there, they respect their marriages a lot. Because you see patience ozokwor acting in a movie abusing her husband does not mean that most women do.

Do you fight everybody that disrespects you? Why only your wife?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
Fundango:
yes those are the part women can use to win men's heart. grin

Abi ooh...Its even much better if the man knows how to work it in the bedroom.... It will be explosive!!
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by dammybrite: 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hullo,miss raayah. no one is supporting anything, d simple fact remains "let patience have her full work in you". What happens when you provoke or dare your boss? I guess you know the answer already.
I understand you perfectly, but you have not rigged well enough into the reason for your parents separation, it surely has a deep cause which you know not.
Finally there is a time for everything, a time to speak and a time to be quiet.

3 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by lilmax(m): 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
Amustical:
HEAR WHAT A MOTHER TOLD HER DAUGHTER ON
HER WEDDING DAY
My daughter,you are now a wife and soon you'll
be become a mother too. God bear me witness
that I taught you how to cook and do other house
chores. I taught you to respect men and to
explain your anger when necessary but if you do
otherwise,i know you,not as a daughter but as my
fellow woman.
My daughter,you see this your husband? He is a
gentleman but don't take advantage of that. Don't
bring out the beast in him.
My daughter,you see
this mark on my forehead?
Your father gave it to me.He tolerated me
everytime but on that day,He came unexpectedly.
It wasn't his intention but i dared him and he hit
me just once
My daughter,Men hate it when you use the word
"YOU CAN'T DO IT".He sure can do more than but
he's just protecting you from harm.
My daughter, whenever there is an arguement or
misunderstanding, try drinking water.You can't
talk when you have water in your mouth.
Now,you have two families.You are very
lucky.Tolerate and appreciate them just as you
did here.
Learn to welcome other people's kids and soon,
children will sorround your table with love.
You see that my big pot? I bought it when i still
had no child but i always cooked with it to feed
those children who had nothing to eat.
Learn to show hospitality. Welcome a visitor and
at least,offer a glass of water.Don't discriminate.
Don't shatter your husband's family. instead,
bring them together.
Learn to appreciate little efforts and soon,they'll
learn to do more.
Today,you are wearing a wedding gown and you
look so beautiful in it but there is still another
gown you need to wear.That is the MATERNITY
gown. I wore it and you shall wear your's too.
When you have a misundertanding, don't come
back here.Sort things out and build a happy
home.I built mine and your father enjoyed me.
Men like food.They like both the kITCHEN food
and the BEDROOM food.Don't deny him any of
the food all because you had an arguement.
If the ones i taught you are not enough, learn
more!
my concern cool if you are not strong then you know when to stop

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
*sobs*
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
dammybrite:
Hullo,miss raayah. no one is supporting anything, d simple fact remains "let patience have her full work in you". What happens when you provoke or dare your boss? I guess you know the answer already.
I understand you perfectly, but you have not rigged well enough into the reason for your parents separation, it surely has a deep cause which you know not.
Finally there is a time for everything, a time to speak and a time to be quiet.

When you provoke or dare your boss, he fires you! If your woman is too much and you cannot communicate effectively with her, Maybe its time for a divorce.. not head injury!

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
Was the husband also advised by his father on how to make his woman happy? Always women-don't you find faults in men too?...... Mtchew

3 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by ogaprime(m): 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
That song "orente" by adekunle gold is for our grandmothers and not for women/ladies of this generation...

They will read it and still yet won't keep it to use it...

2 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by collyno1985: 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
H

raayah:

Very Very bad Advice!

Look, my own mother suffered abuse in the hands of her husband after doing heaven and earth for him. You know what my mother told me one day? She sat me down and said, "Raayah. My husband does not love me, If he did, he will not abuse me like this for no reason".

Weeks after that, She moved out and hasn't looked back. She is planning to return the dowry to his people very soon. Life is so much better for her. No more spending nights at the hospital,(Yes, that's how serious the physical and mental abuse was), no more tears.. Life is good!

If you choose to stay with an abusive man because of the "children" or because you cannot "live independently", then say so. Don't tell women to stay with men with abusive men..

She dared him by doing what? How many of you will fight an agbero who dares you, or a man who disrespects you, Not a lot!
But when it comes to your wife, she does something wrong, you decide to give her head injury!

HmmmM. Go ahead but I pity u. And dat ur silly mom.

Have u care to ask ur mom what she is doing...? or u just has to take sides and see ur father as a bad man.

U beter leave dat ur mom go out and seek for advice. Cus I see her destroying ur life like hers. Don't end up alone. It's dangerous Dan Ebola.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Boyooosa(m): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
goldenruby:
kiss kiss kiss Mothers are Moulders!
and some are MURDERERS.

Pls can somebody help me to convert the post to MP3 so dat i transfer it to my Fiancé's phone...plsssssssssss! angry

4 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2015
collyno1985:
H

HmmmM. Go ahead but I pity u. And dat ur silly mom.

Have u care to ask ur mom what she is doing...? or u just has to take sides and see ur father as a bad man.

U beter leave dat ur mom go out and seek for advice. Cus I see her destroying ur life like hers. Don't end up alone. It's dangerous Dan Ebola.

No, I was there and saw the physical abuse. She is doing very fine! Her life is not destroyed. My siblings are doing fine. My moms Job pays very well. I don't spend nights in the hospital. There are no bruises on my mother's body.

I am in a great relationship with a man who respects and cares for me! I live a very comfortable life. (Check my previous posts).

My mother's life is not destroyed.

Thanks for caring!

7 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by remiotega: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
Som tins Said there tho..very stewpid

Vacancy: Sales girl needed at yaba.Please call if interested.08070752784

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by ireneidiva(f): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
DeRay98:

From your profile you look like a senior teenager and your comment typifies that assertion. Teenagers or teenagers at heart always assume that they know all. The moment they start to hear about an idea or issue or topic they assume it's new and they are well informed on it.
Your insufficient comprehension of the advice is evidenced when you overlook the fact that the mother said she dared her husband and that brought out the monster in him and it happened just once. Who knows how your mum treated your father regularly? You can come here to say she did heavy and earth for him but you won't say the things she did wrongly.
You had better learn the right lessons now otherwise, when your heart starts to pant after a guy you think is prince-sharming(whatever your criteria) you might end up with the wrong guy and your parents history repeats itself.
Be forget your teenage mentality and learn those who have experience to share.
This your grammar can kill!
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Forwetinnah: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2015
..i go drink water still talk o!! cheesy (to cool my BP down tongue )
It's a sin to keep quiet when men are misbehaving

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by deebrain(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
Amustical:
HER WEDDING DAY
fellow woman.
bring out the beast in him. My daughter,you see
me just once
did here.
bring them together.
learn to do more.
more!

This sounds like what my mum would say.

From where u copy this thing?

Love you mummy!

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by ireneidiva(f): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
ayoola648:

I dont blame you.. your mother can't advice you well doesn't mean other mothers can't .. dont forget the marriage vows made during marriage..

sha u ugly ..
see mouth like Mouth Action machine ..
Instead of you to have a reasonable argument, you are using insults. Mouth action machine? Are you even okay?

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Forwetinnah: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
raayah:

Very Very bad Advice!

Thank you....men have been living with this idea that they can do no wrong, especially in marriage

5 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
Women this women that..husband material nko?
Welcome to Nigeria where touts,Rapists and Pedophiles want a wife material and a virgin. Mtchewwwww

6 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by ferdyabu(m): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
The girl must be a Yoruba girl.
They're good at nothing.
They're dirt, don't know how to cook, have sex outside their matrimonial home and to crown it all, their pusssy stinks.
Please disappear and stop wasting the air meant for human beings.I hate uncivilized monkeys like you. When will all you nairaland's tribalists get a life.

2 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by fyneboi79(m): 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
Amustical:
HER WEDDING DAY
fellow woman.
me just once
did here.
bring them together.
learn to do more.
more!
mama u are d bomb!

2 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by queebeediva(f): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
It a good advice but again it takes a good man to appreciate a good woman because most of men these days are something worst but may God always give them their kind of women and save Good women from living in bondage.

2 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by raayah(f): 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
peppyluv02:
Women this women that..husband material nko?
Welcome to Nigeria where touts,Rapists and Pedophiles want a wife material and a virgin. Mtchewwwww

Hahaa... only men have standards ooh!

Once a woman says that she wants a certain type of man.. all hell will be let loose! She is too picky lol

2 Likes

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by agarawu23(m): 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
They're good at nothing.
They're dirt, don't know how to cook, have sex outside their matrimonial home and to crown it all, their pusssy stinks.
all your comments are always tribal comment, why
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by amunekeuto: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
[quote author=jammyunn post=38163743]Tellespecially, that one about bedroom food
Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Praktikals(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
They're good at nothing.

Somebody has skipped his drugs again

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
Amustical:
HER WEDDING DAY
fellow woman.
me just once
talk when you have water in your mouth
did here.
bring them together.
learn to do more.
more!

That part got me. Deep.

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
Amustical:

talk when you have water in your mouth

That part got me. Deep.

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by hugain(m): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2015
That a very good idea of a mother to her daughter, i hope this word seen by every 1 will cheer up our young youth, especially the ladies. tanxs

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by professore(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2015
This is a very reasonable piece of advice

1 Like

Re: Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day by bookface: 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2015
DeRay98:

From your profile you look like a senior teenager and your comment typifies that assertion. Teenagers or teenagers at heart always assume that they know all. The moment they start to hear about an idea or issue or topic they assume it's new and they are well informed on it.
Your insufficient comprehension of the advice is evidenced when you overlook the fact that the mother said she dared her husband and that brought out the monster in him and it happened just once. Who knows how your mum treated your father regularly? You can come here to say she did heavy and earth for him but you won't say the things she did wrongly.
You had better learn the right lessons now otherwise, when your heart starts to pant after a guy you think is prince-sharming(whatever your criteria) you might end up with the wrong guy and your parents history repeats itself.
Be forget your teenage mentality and learn those who have experience to share.

She dared me
She annoyed me
She didn't cook my food
She didn't run when I called her
She ran too fast when I called her

...there are millions more lame excuses why weak men beat their partners.

It is particularly lame to say "She dared me to do it"... Let's hope next time she dares him to do something more outrageous like throw himself off a bridge.

Real men think of their own mums when they see their wives, the last thing they will do is beat her....not for million reasons. In the worst case scenario, you walk out of the marriage, beating a woman is only the preserve of the lame and the cowards

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! / 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.