Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals (15973 Views)

Miyetti Allah Condemns Killing Of Cows In Ekiti / Buhari Condemns Killing Of Bridget Agbahime In Kano, Sues For Peace / Pipeline Vandals Kill 10 DSS Operatives In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by OnankpaBa(m): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
The Director of Media and Publicity of Oodua People’s Congress, (OPC) led by Otunba Gani Adams, Barrister Yinka Oguntimehin, has condemned the gruesome killing of 10 members of State Security Operatives by pipeline vandals in Isawo, Ikorodu , Lagos state.

Oguntimehin in a release made available to the media in Lagos on Thursday described the action of the vandals as “highly condemnable” and “brazen in its criminality which is injurious to the national psyche only perpetrated by sub – human beings who are not fit to live.”

He lamented that, “it is sad that some miscreants who are being financed by a sinisterly powerful and deadly oil mafia have put paid to the lives and brilliant carriers of 10 wondrous well trained members of the Department of State Security Services.”

Oguntimehin pointed out that the death of those men of honour at the point of service in such a gruesome circumstance was a pointer to the fact that the war against pipeline vandals is not a tea party’s affair which can be taken or approached with kid’s glove

“The death of the bright DSS operatives though sad and sorrowful is a testimony to the fact that the war against pipeline vandals and protection of our common wealth should not be localized within the confine of the regular security agents alone “

“This unfortunate event should kindled our sense of perception and reasoning and task patriotic feeling in us to always treat national issues without sentiment.”

He charged the Federal government that it, ”must realized that oil pipeline vandalism has grown from being a past time of petty and tiny miscreants of the society, it is has assumed an organized high level criminality dimension being controlled by powerful and blood tasting mafia who cannot not be dislodged solely by the regular security agencies.”

Mr Oguntimehin suggested that “it is high time for the Federal government to stop being mono focal in its effort at putting a stop to the activities of vandals with the regimentation to the belief that only the regular trained security agencies can do it. ”

He pointed out that, “The recent , three months monitoring of the pipeline by private groups has proved to all that the engagement of the so called irregular or the socio – cultural groups brought modicum of stability and sanity to pipeline vandalism. This is a pointer to the fact that the war against pipeline vandalism should not be restricted to the regular armed forces.”

“As it is , the Federal government should confront this dare devilry act of pipeline vandalism by involving both the regular armed agencies and the socio-cultural groups which have been tried and successfully monitored the pipelines without major calamity and waste of human resources like this.”

He therefore called on the Federal government to set up a dual joint action task force which should include the regular security agencies and the socio-cultural group to combat the deadly activities of pipeline vandals in Nigeria.

Barrister Oguntimehin while commiserating with the Nation over the death of the DSS operatives tasked the security agencies to fish out the perpetrators of the gruesome murder.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/17/opc-condemns-killing-of-dss-operatives-by-pipeline-vandals/

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by DONSMITH123(m): 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
I should clap for OPC abi? Jobless people. How am i even sure if its not the hand work of OPC.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by bluaero(m): 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
hmm

1 Like

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by SeverusSnape(m): 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
How can Daura Security Service (DSS) be guarding pipeline installations, Only in a government led by Daura Du..ard.

18 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by ajasbaba(m): 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
WHY ARE THEY PRETENDING,WE KNOW IT IS THEIR HANDWORK.

14 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by SeverusSnape(m): 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2015
DONSMITH123:
I should clap for OPC abi? Jobless people. How am i even sure if its not the hand work of OPC .
... Or APC.

21 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by dustmalik: 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
For all we know, OPC may even be complicit in the said act. After all, they use to be in charge of protecting those pipelines. They may not be happy with the termination of their contract.

18 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by Kestolovee95(f): 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
Actually, it was the OPC that killed them for trying to stop them from vandalizing pipeline. The OPC guys are only afraid of the repercussion that'll follow, that's why they are running around trying to dissociate themselves from the killing. Cowards grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by Imortal001: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
DONSMITH123:
I should clap for OPC abi? Jobless people. How am i even sure if its not the hand work of OPC.
Seriously, i dont trust opc and those niger delta boiz!

5 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by kay29000(m): 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
The OPC lost all respect when they allowed money from the last administration to dictate their actions. I won't be surprised if they are behind this killings.

5 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by dustmalik: 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
Imortal001:

They are all one and the same - criminals

4 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by bewla(m): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
c my people in ops
Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by simdam500(m): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
shocked
Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by kimond101: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
Good he condemned?
Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by Tonnniey: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
Its very pathetic that we lost 10 souls watching over the pipelines and preventing fire disaster.

Check my signature below to know how to cut down fat and get a firm tunmmy within 9 days

2 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by Sweetcollins: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
Really, tot OPC has gone into extinction
Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
really

- so there are 10 DSS badges on the loose undecided
- so there are 10 special arms used by the operatives in the hands of criminals shocked

3 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by appini: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
Okay
Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by olaolulazio(m): 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Are they Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by alcmene: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Cowardly organisation

more of a pressure group
Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by Ilekeh(f): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
Who were the vandals?

They've brought their business from the SE abi?

1 Like

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by MadCow1: 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
Mtcheeew
Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by godoluwa(m): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
ok
Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by Atlantian: 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
OPC has killed 10 DSS staff, then turn around to mock them by calling them "10 wondrous, highly trained" officers. Let the con game begin.

1 Like

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by cdoffx(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
thats is so pathetic and one begin to wonder if some conspiracy is not involved
Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by Burger01(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:
How can Daura Security Service (DSS) be guarding pipeline installations, Only in a government led by Daura Du..ard.
Between you and TonyeBarcanista I don't know who get sense pass sad

7 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by GabrielSuswam(m): 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
RIP DSS officials..

Some of you DSS officials might be Igbos, Ijaws, Yorubas, Hausas, Efik or Tiv..

You gave up your lives in active service for my Dear Country Nigeria... You've left your Kids, Your Dads, Your Mothers, Your Sisters and Brothers to the land beyond. I believe heaven will be your final Abode..

Sail On Brodas... 100% respect to u all...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by chax100(f): 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
10 DSS operatives! Nobody is safe anymore. BUHARI should tender his resignation as soon as possible. This is enough to prove that the nation is not under his control. Do you know what is DSS

3 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Imortal001:

The Niger-Delta 'boys' should be the lesser problem to you. Concentrate on Boko Haram whose rampages are killing Nigerians, literally.

11 Likes

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by Atlantian: 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
kay29000:
The OPC lost all respect when they allowed money from the last administration to dictate their actions. I won't be surprised if they are behind this killings.
Without money, there is no respect. Or may be its a lost respect for the poor, cos as far as I am concerned, Money commands more respect that morality.

1 Like

Re: OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals by omogidi234(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Why is OPC the first group issuing press statement? Abi na them do am.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aminu Masari: APC Won’t Find It Difficult Winning 2023 Elections / APC Makes U-Turn, Declares Edo Guber Primaries Inconclusive / Four Nigerian Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram Bomb Trap - Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.