Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,390 members, 7,800,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? (2249 Views)

I Am Contemplating On Buying An Android Laptop -help / Has Anybody Used Lenovo A10 Android/laptop, Netbook Before? / Can An Android Laptop Work Like A Window Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by Ajibel(m): 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hello folks,

Please, I have a relative who wants to buy a cheap laptop and after he did some googling, came across cheap Android Laptops he can buy for less than 35,000 naira.

But he isn't a computer expert and doesn't understand much of the specifications.

So I want to ask.

* Can an Android laptop be manageable for a year with little or no issues?

* I know Android apps are for mostly touch screen devices (am I wrong?), so can the apps on it work so well with Keyboard inputs?

* Can he be able to listen to music (download songs)/ watch films (Rip DVDs)/ Surf the internet (Tweet and Facebook)/ View pictures

* Are there Office suites like MS Word/ Excel or similar apps/ PDFs ??

* In fact, can he be able to do basic things n00bs to PCs do on an Android Laptop like a n00b would do on a Windows?

There is a nice Android Laptop we've seen online and intend to buy next week, but I'm not really satisfied with the product details. So folks who have had experience using an Android laptop can please tell me what to expect (like some Pros and Cons)

Thanks smiley
Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by helpinghands(m): 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
Don't buy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
why can't you buy laptop and Android phone separately?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by Fulaman198(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
An Android laptop has very much limited functionality. Aka it's an utter waste of money

1 Like

Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by baba11(m): 6:38am On Sep 18, 2015
Fulaman198:
An Android laptop has very much limited functionality. Aka it's an utter waste of money
I concur with u....it's better to buy windows tablet..

Android laptop/tablet is just an advancement of an android phones with wider interface..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by Pythonian99: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2015
Sorry guys, it's still me Ajibel. The Antispambot in this section banned me for no reason angry and I've mailed the Mods and Supermods, nothing has been done about it cry cry

elijah2u:
why can't you buy laptop and Android phone separately?

We both have smartphones already, but my cousin wants a laptop so that he can be able to practice basic computing. He has been going for computer training but have no laptop due to cash constraint, that's why he needs a cheap laptop.

Fulaman198:

Yea, I know that from what I've read online about Android laptops but we dont need lots of functionalities yet. Just a laptop that can handle basic stuffs like Word documents/ Photos/ DVDs etc. till I can get a good laptop for him like My own laptop (Toshiba) that cost me approximately #125k when I bought it back in 2011.

baba11:

Thanks, but I have my reservations about Tablets smiley I won't spend a dime to buy one even if it is 5k
Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by Pythonian99: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2015
Well, I guess an Android laptop might be a bad business from the feedbacks. But it's cash that is limiting us now. The budget is #35,000 and my cousin doesn't have more than that now.

I'll appreciate if I can have suggestions on Laptops that wont cost more than 35k

Thanks smiley
Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by baba11(m): 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
Pythonian99:
Well, I guess an Android laptop might be a bad business from the feedbacks. But it's cash that is limiting us now. The budget is #35,000 and my cousin doesn't have more than that now.

I'll appreciate if I can have suggestions on Laptops that wont cost more than 35k

Thanks smiley
You can only get fairly used a.k.a London used laptop at that price
Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by Fulaman198(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
baba11:

Android laptop/tablet is just an advancement of an android phones with wider interface..

A windows tablet has all the functionality of a Windows basic laptop smiley
Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by baba11(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

A windows tablet has all the functionality of a Windows basic laptop smiley
That's what I'm saying cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Think An Android Laptop Is Worth A Buy? by tck2000(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Computer Seminars In Nigeria / Please I Need Audio Sound To Text Converter / Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.