Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor (2919 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / My Experience With Shoptomydoor / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by MrOrioye(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
I'm sure some (if not most) of you may have tried Shoptomydoor for your freight services. For me, it's my first time with them. I have (just recently) tried MallForAfrica and now its shoptomydoor's turn grin

In this thread, I will be updating you on the entire process, from the moment my item gets delivered to their China warehouse till I get it here in Nigeria.

Also my first time buying directly from a chinese vendor on eBay...#NotEasyIMustSay. I had to translate every word including my own name on the address Hheheehe!

Note: This thread is just for people who wish to know how the process works with this company. How long it takes, customer service, responsiveness, etc.

As soon as my item gets to ShoptoMydoor warehouse. I will be here again to update you....Cheers

Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by MrOrioye(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2015
***Update***

Just this morning Package was delivered to company representing Shoptomydoor at 11:12AM (China Time- They are 7hours ahead of us). I haven't gotten any news from Shoptomydoor but i was able to track package myself online to get this information. I believe, depending on volume of packages they handle hourly, it could take some time for them to sort all packages to different units and send emails to me.

I keep my fingers crossed....waiting patiently grin grin

More updates as they come.

1 Like

Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by MrOrioye(m): 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
***Update***

In no time...messages popped in from ShoptoMydoor at 11:30AM LT. Four messages at once. grin... Repition dey sha...like they sent messages twice perhaps just to ensure you don't skip it.... lolz.

**********************************************************************************

Message #1

You have received this notification from Shoptomydoor.
Dear Mr. Orioye xxxx,

A status change has recently occurred for items ordered under Shipment ######. Click here to log into your warehouse and view this change.

NOTE: We may estimate the values of some of your items for insurance and customs purposes when they do not come with the purchase invoice. if any of our estimates are wrong, please log into your warehouse and use the "upload invoice" button to send us your invoice of purchase. Once received, we will make changes within 24 hours.

If you are still expecting more items that you want shipped together, please wait until all are updated before making payment.

Delivery 1:
Store:
Tracking number:
Delivered: 09-18-2015 06:25

Items / products ordered Value Per Item Quantity Status
PARCEL $0.00 0 Send via Air

Thank you for been a valued customer. We appreciate your business:
Your Warehouse Personnel,
American AirSea Cargo

Thank you for using our shopping system
Shoptomydoor
Phone: 1-888 315 9027
Fax: 1-281 277 9738
URL: www.shoptomydoor.com

Message #2

Dear Mr. Orioye xxxx,

A status change has recently occurred for items ordered under Shipment ####. Click here to log into your warehouse and view this change.

NOTE: We may estimate the values of some of your items for insurance and customs purposes when they do not come with the purchase invoice. if any of our estimates are wrong, please log into your warehouse and use the "upload invoice" button to send us your invoice of purchase. Once received, we will make changes within 24 hours.

If you are still expecting more items that you want shipped together, please wait until all are updated before making payment.

Delivery 1:
Store:
Tracking number:

PARCEL $100.00 1 Send via Air

American AirSea Cargo

Shoptomydoor

Message #3

Dear Orioye Bleep,

You have received the following message from your warehouse personnel:

Dear Customer, We have just received items in your China warehouse and have updated estimated values for the items. Please review these values, and if any is wrong upload your invoices for each shipment so that they can be corrected immediately. Correct values enable us to correctly insure your items for full compensation in case of any issues. Do let us know if you have any questions. Your Warehouse Personnel, Shoptomydoor.com

Shoptomydoor

Message #4

Dear Mr. Orioye Bleep,
Your shipment status has been updated.

A status change has recently occurred for items ordered under Shipment ####. Click here to log into your warehouse and view this change.

Delivery 1:
Store:
Tracking number:

PARCEL $100.00 1 Send via Air

American AirSea Cargo

Shoptomydoor

**********************************************************************************

On logging in to their portal. I was billed as follows

Standard Shipping 8-14days $17.26
CLEARING AND CUSTOM'S DUTY: $10.00
OTHER CHARGES: $0.99
VAT: $0.87 (Probably because i paid with PayPal)

Thats $29.09 Total for a 2.2lbs package (incl $10 customs taxes) (Amounted to Approx N6,408 @220.275 to a dollar)

[s]
Currently having technical issues with portal preventing payment...I've emailed them and now just optimistic that this will be fixed soon and i'll be able to put payment through today.
[/s]

No response received but i tried again and was able to pay using my PayPal account. Now i have a tracking number. Just expecting an official notification from Shoptomydoor acknowledging payment receipt and possible ETA for my package.

More update soon....

Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by MrOrioye(m): 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
***Payment Acknowledged in style***

Dear Orioye xxxx,

Thank you for getting back to us on this.

We tried to work on your request and realised that you have been able to make payment for your order.

Thanks for using Shoptomydoor, we appreciate you and your business.

Shoptomydoor.com
Email: contact@shoptomydoor.com 

Join us on facebook@ www.facebook.com/shoptomydoor.com

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/shop2mydoor

US Main Line: +1 888 315 9027                            

Any feedback or comment on how to improve our service, please email us on contact@shoptomydoor.com
Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by MrOrioye(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
***Update***

09-30-2015 00:00
Booked to depart China on next cargo flight on the 1st October 2015. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 9th October 2015 and will be available for pick up at your selected pick up center or delivered to your door on or before 15th October 2015.

Shoptomydoor

****End****

I tried a second transaction to their US warehouse this time and already having issues. I'll post more info later.

Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:00am On Oct 01, 2015
Hello Mr Orioye,

We appreciate your interest in our services and we see that you have tested our shipping service. However, we would like to know what issues you might be having using the US for your shopping and shipping needs. Kindly provide us with your detail (unit/order number) so we can look into this. We will also appreciate that you send us a feedback via contact@shoptomydoor.com where all issues are thoroughly documented and handled, that helps to trace the root cause of all issues and effectively resolve them.

Again, thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor, we appreciate your business. For queries or help call 0700 800 8000.

MrOrioye:
***Update***

Booked to depart China on next cargo flight on the 1st October 2015. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 9th October 2015 and will be available for pick up at your selected pick up center or delivered to your door on or before 15th October 2015.

Shoptomydoor

****End****

I tried a second transaction to their US warehouse this time and already having issues. I'll post more info later.
Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by delishpot: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
Following
Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by MrOrioye(m): 11:17am On Oct 05, 2015
***Update***

10-05-2015 00:00
Arrived Lagos Airport, undergoing Customs clearing. Shipment estimated to arrive Lagos sorting center after customs clearance on or before 9th of October and will be available for pick up at your selected pick up center or delivered to your door on or before 15th of October, 2015.

Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by MrOrioye(m): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2015
***Update***

10-05-2015 00:00
Arrived Lagos Airport, undergoing Customs clearing. Shipment estimated to arrive Lagos sorting center after customs clearance on or before 9th of October and will be available for pick up at your selected pick up center or delivered to your door on or before 15th of October, 2015.

10-09-2015 00:00
Your shipment has been received in our Lagos sorting center and has been dispatched through Red Star Express (FedEx) with Tracking Number ************ Delivery will be on or before Wednesday the 14th of October. Tracking available at www.redstarplc.com from 12th of Ocotober, 2015.

Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by MrOrioye(m): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
shoptomydoor:
Hello Mr Orioye,

We appreciate your interest in our services and we see that you have tested our shipping service. However, we would like to know what issues you might be having using the US for your shopping and shipping needs. Kindly provide us with your detail (unit/order number) so we can look into this. We will also appreciate that you send us a feedback via contact@shoptomydoor.com where all issues are thoroughly documented and handled, that helps to trace the root cause of all issues and effectively resolve them.

Again, thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor, we appreciate your business. For queries or help call 0700 800 8000.

False alarm. All items from my US warehouse received today with no issues. Your team didn't count properly so they got me thinking some of my items were missing. But when i got my package today, all items were complete contrary to what was recorded on your portal. #CaseClosed
Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 9:06am On Oct 12, 2015
Hello MrOrioye,

We appreciate your genuine remarks on our services. We applogise for the error in updating your warehouse, such human errors might occur but once you alert us, we can assure you that it will be immediately corrected. We are happy that you enjoyed using our service from USA.

Please we will also appreciate that you send your feedback in future via our email: conatct@shoptomydoor.com as this will help us record more effectively aspects of our services that you enjoy and help us in strategising as well as implementing more solutions that will make your shopping or shipping experience even better.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and patronage. Thank you for shopping and shipping with Shoptomydoor.

MrOrioye:

False alarm. All items from my US warehouse received today with no issues. Your team didn't count properly so they got me thinking some of my items were missing. But when i got my package today, all items were complete contrary to what was recorded on your portal. #CaseClosed
Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:20am On Oct 12, 2015
CONGRATULATIONS to the lucky winners of our Snap, Share and Win Contest!

First place winner, Hauwa Hassan
Second place winner, Emmanuel Ibok
Third place winner, Felix Emnas

We appreciate your paticipation. Thank you!
Look out for more of our exclusive promos coming soon!

Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2015
CONGRATULATIONS to the lucky winners of our Snap, Share and Win Contest!

First place winner: Hauwa Hassan
Second place winner: Emmanuel
Third place winne: Felix Emnas

We appreciate your paticipation.
Shoptomydoor truly appreciates your patronage. Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor for your shopping and shipping needs.
Look out for more promos coming soon.

Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by MrOrioye(m): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
***Update***

2:30pm today...I heard a knock on my door. It's FedEx. They're here to deliver my item from Shoptomydoor.

Everything was intact.

This implies that it took shoptomydoor 16days to deliver my package from 18/9/15 to 12/10/15.

Also, it costs $29.09 Total for the 2.2lbs package (incl $10 customs taxes) (Amounted to Approx N6,408 @220.275 to a dollar)

I hope other JJC like me finds this useful.

2 Likes

Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by dearsly(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2016
STMD n Nduka...people warned me not 2 use ya service but u assured me all will b fine..i bought a rosary 4rm amazon 4 N3728.80 and u guys wanna collect N9511.60 to bring it??...is dis d way u act? Shipment #96602

Secondly, a pair of shoe 4rm China cost N7887.6 n u charging me N13,654.36 to ship (Standard shipping) .....Abeg look in2 dis as dis is my 1st time...Prove people wrong n reverse dis outrageous charges. Shipment #96761
Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by omisakint: 11:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
i am starting to to regret shipping with you guys// ,, my sis sent me a some packages clothes, shoes and her used apple tablet... the one she has been using for over 4 years .. the shipment cost was high cause of the value of naira.. i humbly requested that the apple tabelt be remove from my shipment and i willl have to pay for the shipment of the clothes first and later pay for the ipad to be sent out.. but to my gretaest my request was granted and i was told to provide evidence of payment before they ship it out. eveidence of payment on an ipad of 4 years ?/ i called my sis and she was disapponted in my choice of shippong company when she could have pay more lesss to send it to me through fedex or dhl... kindly help fix this issue as i have no means of getting the invoice
Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by deeogboru: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2018
#Beware of Shoptomydoor.

I am one of those who believe in promoting the business interest of Africans in general and Nigerians in particular both on the local and international level, simple because they all sometimes need a helping hand to grow. I am also one of those who believe that we have a duty to offer moral support and advise where possible, when we come across these African owned businesses, especially when we discover that they fail to meet internationally acceptable standards for business ethics and conduct.

The truth is, every new business must have some teething problems at the early stages of their life cycle simply because they are still in the learning phase.

Therefore, whilst i had initially admired Shoptomydoor’s Gung-ho business attitude back by its youthful yes-we-can drive, it has become increasingly very clear that there existed a total lack of respect and willingness to abide by the rules and regulations of the game.

Despite the fact that Shoptomydoor is a very small player and one of the many new entrant trying to punch above its weight in its industry. It strongly believes that it is doing its clients a favour by just being in business. This strong, but false sense of believe starts from the very top of the company and it is expressed in its culture and philosophy. To put it in the words of its president and chief executive, we Africans owe Shoptomydoor a debt of gratitude for what it has been able to achieve in helping us transact door-to-door.

There is a total lack of business and/ or moral ethics in the way Shoptomydoor conducts its affairs. It does not respect its contractual obligations and it certainly feels that at every turn it can pick and choose which parts of its contractual terms and conditions to honour, as long as those chosen parts of its contractual terms and conditions are favourable to the company’s management’s intention. In essence business decisions are taken so that irrespective of the circumstances, it is ALWAYS A WIN FOR SHOPTOMYDOOR AND A LOSE FOR IT’S CLIENTS.

Shoptomydoor can also be found wanting in every aspect of its business, from the information put out in its promotional material which for most part, is at odds with its contractual terms and conditions, to the way your goods are received, weighed, billed and shipped to you.

Every business decision carried out by Shoptomydoor in relation to its dealings with clients are heavily skewed in its favour. For example their procedures for handling issues surrounding errors in weights assigned to goods received, their procedure for weighing/ measuring during the process of repackaging your goods and most importantly the way disputes are resolved.

In fact unless you are able to attend a “privately set up mediation” arranged by Shoptomydoor in the USA, you will not be able to seek remedy for any wrong or perceived wrong doing by Shooptomydoor and if that does not stop you in your tracks, this mediation service needs to be completed before you can, if you still feel aggrieved, head to the courts in the USA at your own expense.

The truth is, just like its famous and current practice which is geared towards penalising and/ or attempting to dissuade the client from having their goods reweighed, Shoptomydoor has made it almost virtually impossible for any of its clients to challenge any of its unethical behaviour.

To buttress my point, when Mr. Nduka Udeh the owner of Shoptomydoor found out about this review, rather than trying to address the issues raised and/ or show that steps are being taken by him and his company to turn a new leaf, he decided to go on the offensive, first by issuing personal insinuating threats to carry out reprisals on any attempt to go public with this review, when the option of blackmail failed to yield the expected results, Mr. Nduka Udeh then followed it up by offering buy my silence.
Re: Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor by djkaneo(m): 3:21am On Aug 02, 2019
I've never had a good experience with shoptomydoor. Now that I've found better options, I'll never have anything to do with them again. Their new "DHL" shipping has taken all of 17 days, still my items are yet to get to Nigeria. They delay items deliberately, they lie and misinform their customers. Hidden charges everywhere. Their 20% refund for delays is a farce. I will never advice anyone to even open their website not to talk of registering with them

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell Airtime Online And Make Money / Any New Shopping Malls Planned In Lagos, Abuja, Kano Or Port Harcourt? / Buy New Apple Macbook Air - N165k, Good For Business - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.