Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal (6989 Views)

Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi / How Does The Fact That There Are Gay Animals Impact The Idea That Gay Is Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by zainabxel(f): 7:14am On Sep 18, 2015
These are five Muslim countries where being gay is not a crime. What do they have in common? None of them were colonized by the British Empire. Many countries in the Global South, whether Muslim or otherwise, are generally using colonial laws that pre-date their local penal codes to criminalize romantic love between consenting same-sex couples. Whether in West Africa, or Southeast Asia, in the heart of Europe or the Middle East, these countries remind us that the conversation on gay rights is not as clean cut as some might have imagined it to be.
1. MALI
Gays in this African nation might face local homophobia, but the law is on their side. In 2010, a Malian volunteer for the Peace Corps wrote that she looked up the laws dealing with sexuality, and saw that Article 179 of the Malian penal code did not specify heterosexual or homosexual sexual activities, but instead decried public indecency. She said that she was relieved because most “countries in Africa, 38 to be exact, have laws against homosexuality and some with the death penalty.”
2. JORDAN
Jordan was under the Ottoman Empire, where homosexuality was decriminalized 75 years earlier, but between 1922 and 1945 the country was a subject mandated by the League of Nations. However, in 1951 the new nation made homosexuality legal. “Jordan is considered an open minded country, and when coming to cities, the tolerance is even higher,” said the editor of My.Kali, a gay magazine that is based in the capital, talking to the Italian-based e-Zine Il Grande Colibri. “And considering the fact that it’s an Islamic country, the morality of the culture could be a huge pressure to many people to remain discreet, but it never stopped many of my friends and other LGBTQ people to come out and show who they are,” he added.
3. INDONESIA
In Indonesia being gay has been legal since, well, forever. No, really, the country never had any legal prohibitions against homosexuality, at least since its founding as a nation. Further, the country has the longest running LGBT organizations in Asia. Despite having the largest Muslim population, Indonesia has remained a great example of the importance of the separation of religion and state. On the other hand, Singapore (non-Muslim) and Malaysia (Muslim), who are neighbors to Indonesia, have laws that make it illegal to be gay. The later two have both been colonized by the British Empire.
4. TURKEY
In 1858, the Ottoman Caliph decriminalized homosexuality. This affected many countries in three continents. When Turkey became a solo nation in 1920, it didn’t see a need to change this law. Omer Akpinar, who is with KAOS LG, which is one of the largest LGBT organizations in Turkey, told Mashable that their organization was never censored. Jack Scott, a British writer who moved to Turkey with his partner and who is the author of Perking the Pansies: Jack and Liam Move to Turkey, said his “obvious union with Liam has never attracted bad publicity from any Turk,” talking to the real estate company Quest Turkey.
5. ALBANIA
Being gay has been legal in Albania since 1995. This pre-dominantly Muslim nation has been in the forefront of gay rights in the Balkans. In 2013, ILGA Europe said that the country was the friendliest nation to the gays in the area, as it has a welcoming government and an anti-discrimination law. Kristi Pinderi, who is with the LGBT organization Pink Embassy, says that the anti-discrimination law is “important because in theory a teacher, for example, who is transgender, and decides to go and teach wearing a dress, I can’t imagine what the reaction would be, but the law protects that need, if there is a need like that,” talking to the organization International Day Against Homophobia.
Other countries with a large Muslim population and where homosexuality is legal include Abkhazia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Djibouti, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Niger, Northern Cyprus, Palestine, and Tajikistan.
All of the above mentioned countries, like the entire world, have varies challenges for LGBT people. However, because the law is on their side, living in these countries create an atmosphere where one can imagine a fight, a possibility of freedom, and the dream that one day being gay is not any different from being straight.
Afdhere Jama is the author of  Queer Jihad: LGBT Muslims on Coming Out, Activism, and the Faith. He lives in the United States.

Source: http://islamandhomosexuality.com/5-muslim-nations-gay-legal/
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by madridguy(m): 7:34am On Sep 18, 2015
What you calling Lala for ? Na this type of news lala go carry go front page as friday gift for we muslim ? Iranu

5 Likes

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by paulGrundy(m): 8:00am On Sep 18, 2015
I forsee a nairaland Jihad taking place if this thread gets to frontpage. grin grin grin
Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by MrOlai: 8:24am On Sep 18, 2015
The fact that a Muslim country keeps silent on homosexuality or bestiality does not make either of them permissible. In Islam, the punishment for homosexuality or bestiality is Death!

Tirmidhi (1456), Abu Dawood (4462)and Ibn Maajah (2561) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot(Homosexuality), execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone has sexual intercourse with an animal, kill him and kill the animal along with him!"

This is the position of Islam!

2 Likes

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by zainabxel(f): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2015
madridguy:
What you calling Lala for ? Na this type of news lala go carry go front page as friday gift for we muslim ? Iranu
News na news whether Monday or Friday, besides, I wasn't consious of the fact that today is friday
Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by zainabxel(f): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2015
paulGrundy:
I forsee a nairaland Jihad taking place if this thread gets to frontpage. grin grin grin
Hmmn
Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by zainabxel(f): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2015
MrOlai:
The fact that a Muslim country keeps silent on homosexuality or bestiality does not make either of them permissible. In Islam, the punishment for homosexuality or bestiality is Death!

Tirmidhi (1456), Abu Dawood (4462)and Ibn Maajah (2561) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot(Homosexuality), execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone has sexual intercourse with an animal, kill him and kill the animal along with him!"

This is the position of Islam!

So for instance if a man is raped by a gay person, both the culprit and the victim should be killed, now in what part of your mind isn't that a babaric rule?
Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by Empiree: 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
zainabxel:

So for instance if a man is raped by a gay person, both the culprit and the victim should be killed, now in what part of your mind isn't that a babaric rule?
@bolded, that's enough counterclaim.

Rape Is Not Consent. Here we talking about 2 consenting adults doing the thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
Empiree:
@bolded, that's enough counterclaim.

Rape Is Not Consent. Here we talking about 2 consenting adults doing the thing.

Oh let me get you straight. So it right to kill two consenting adults because they both decided to have sex with each other?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by hahn(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

Oh let me get you straight. So it right to kill two consenting adults because they both decided to have sex with each other?

Lol

Nothing wey we no go hear from theists undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by Empiree: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

You know why I dislike atheists?. Is bcus they know not difference btw right and wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
Empiree:
You know why I dislike atheists?. Is bcus they know not difference btw right and wrong.
A simple question was asked...and this is not the answer... let me repeat it

[size=16]
Is it right to kill two consenting adults because they decided to have sex with themselves...?[/size]

I am an atheist and you are a muslim

We would weigh my idea of right and wrong in contrast to yours and we will let people reading this to decide who among the two of us don't know or have a sound view of what is right or wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by Empiree: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

Is it right to kill two consenting adults because they decided to have sex with themselves ...?

I am an atheist and you are a muslim

We would weigh my idea of right and wrong in contrast to yours and we will let people reading this to decide who among the two of us don't know or have a sound view of what is right or wrong.
Dont get it twisted dear brother. I know how Atheists think. They are in different world and I respect that. But here, let's put religion aside for a second and use common sense.

Pay close attention @bolded. You made it sound like MALE & FEMALE consenting adults whereas it is not. If both my parents were to marry and sleep with same sex I wont be here today talking to you. Same applies to you. Can you at least agree to this simple logic?

4 Likes

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Empiree:
Dont get it twisted dear brother. I know how Atheists think. They are in different world and I respect that. But here, let's put religion aside for a second and use common sense.

Pay close attention @bolded. You made it sound like MALE & FEMALE consenting adults whereas it is not. If both my parents were to marry and sleep with same sex I wont be here today talking to you. Same applies to you. Can you at least agree to this simple logic?
[b]

There are 7billion people in this planet and only a small fraction of them have homosexual sex drive.

Your parents are heterosexual because they are born that way, same other people are born homosexuals.

I myself is strongly against homosexuality not because i find it bad (they are not harming or killing anyone) rather i am against it simply because i am a born heterosexual and so i find homosexual relationships disgusting to me because it contradicts my sexual orientation

But there are others born gay and just like i find homosexuality disgusting they also find heterosexual disgusting.

Why should i try to impose my own idea of sexual relationship on another people to the extent of killing them...

What i find to be wrong is hurting other people in fact let us not always paint things mildly radical islam is far more disgusting, dangerous and harmful than homosexual relationships so i see no reason why you should be dabbling into the affairs of people that are not hurting anyone but ignoring the ones who are maiming, destroying and killing the planet and people.

I am still trying to understand why it is ok for you to kill people because of their sexual drive.

Are you not in your show of religious franchise forcing others to conform to your own religious ideas of decency?.

Let me repeat my question again...

Is it right to kill two consenting adults males or two adult females because they choose to have sex with themselves?

You still have not answered that question sir, please answer
[/b]

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by Empiree: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]

There are 7billion people in this planet and only a small fraction of them have homosexual sex drive.

Your parents are heterosexual because they are born that way, same other people are born homosexuals.

I myself is strongly against homosexuality not because i find it bad (they are not harming or killing anyone) rather i am against it simply because i am a born heterosexual and so i find homosexual relationships disgusting to me because it contradicts my sexual orientation

But there are others born gay and just like i find homosexuality disgusting they also find heterosexual disgusting.

Why should i try to impose my own idea of sexual relationship on another people to the extent of killing them...

What i find to be wrong is hurting other people in fact let us not always paint things mildly radical islam is far more disgusting, dangerous and harmful than homosexual relationships so i see no reason why you should be dabbling into the affairs of people that are not hurting anyone but ignoring the ones who are maiming, destroying and killing the planet and people.

I am still trying to understand why it is ok for you to kill people because of their sexual drive.

Are you not in your show of religious franchise forcing others to conform to your own religious ideas of decency?.

Let me repeat my question again...

Is it right to kill two consenting adults males or two adult females because they choose to have sex with themselves?

You still have not answered that question sir, please answer
[/b]
Lies. ...no one born Gay. There is absolutely no proof for such a silly thing. Those that promote homosexual are only trying hard to prove it's natural. No scientific evidence to back their claim.

Its biggest implication so far is strange disease that emerged from it.

5 Likes

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by MrOlai: 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

But there are others born gay...

@johnydon22. Get it right. Nobody is born a gay. God Almighty in His wisdom is not a God of confusion. He would not destroy the people of Lot for Homosexuality and yet still make some people to be born gay. That gays are born gay is an alibi being put forth homosexuals so that they would be allowed to perpetrate their homosexuality.

Nobody is born gay. This is an established fact! If you are initiated into homosexuality today, it's just a matter of time that you'll see it as a normal way of life. This is in accordance with Newton's Law of Inertia. This is a fact!

We have Bestiality in the world today! People who are into Bestiality today are beginning to give the same excuse that they are born that way to have sex with dog, goat, chicken, horse, cow, etc! Similarly, if you are initiated into Bestiality today, it's just a matter of time that you'll see Bestiality as a normal way of life. This is also a fact!

So, Homosexuality is a sin against God Almighty! It is a sin against humanity! Honestly, I pity those who are involved. I pray God Almighty come to their aid to be able to desist from such evil act. It's very pathetic!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
Empiree:
Lies. ...no one born Gay. There is absolutely no proof for such a silly thing. Those that promote homosexual are only trying hard to proof it's natural. No scientific evidence to back their claim.

First you are still dodging the question,

More about homosexuality here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality

In case you are also thinking homosexuality is a human thing, here help yourself read about homosexual behaviours in other animals https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

In fact let me also throw in a video of homosexual lions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7rUMVMJMHg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It's biggest implication so far is strange disease that emerged from it.

And heterosexual sex is excluded from diseases? We all know diseases affect every aspect of sexual orientation be it heterosexual or homosexual.

You are still finding cheap defence to cover up your unfounded dabble into the sexual choice of others literally trying to force down your own idea of decency on others because so says your religion at the same still do not want to pay mind to things that are of great threat to the world e.g: Radical Islam.

Please let me remind you again, you are still avoiding the question i asked this is the fourth time i am going to repeat it and this question remains the subject of this discussion but you are trying to shift it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by MrOlai: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
Empiree:
Lies. ...no one born Gay. There is absolutely no proof for such a silly thing. Those that promote homosexual are only trying hard to proof it's natural. No scientific evidence to back their claim.
It's biggest implication so far is strange disease that emerged from it.

@Empiree. Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by MrOlai: 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

In case you are also thinking homosexuality is a human thing, here help yourself read about homosexual behaviours in other animals https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

And heterosexual sex is excluded from diseases? We all know diseases affect every aspect of sexual orientation be it heterosexual or homosexual.
You are still finding cheap defence to cover up your unfounded dabble into the sexual choice of others literally trying to force down your own idea of decency on others because so says your religion at the same still do not want to pay mind to things that are of great threat to the world e.g: Radical Islam.
Please let me remind you again, you are still avoiding the question i asked this is the fourth time i am going to repeat it.

It's so unfortunate you are defending homosexuality! I'm quite sure you know what the Bible and Qur'an say about it.

For the homosexuality among animals, you cannot use that as a form of defence for homosexuality in humans. Animals are different from humans in so many aspects. God created them differently. Animals don't have any account to give on Judgement Day in the hereafter. Take for instance, a typical baby he-goat would always have sex with its mother. Can you use that to justify a man trying to have sex with his mother?

Most animals have sex with one another in public places. Can you also use that to justify a man having sex with a woman on the street in broad day light? And many more...

So, we are humans. God Almighty in His wisdom has created us for a purpose. He has given us rules on what we should do and what we should not to and we shall be accountable to Him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by Empiree: 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

Please let me remind you again, you are still avoiding the question i asked this is the fourth time i am going to repeat it.

I watched the video before. The same way world of human got messed up in this Last Age, animals are affected too by same Age. Not all of them are homo. Only if you can read animal behaviour, you will realize that decent ones want to get rid of these ones. Believe me.

There is hadith misquoted by true2god a while back where male and female unrelated monkeys committed "illegal intercourse". Although it's not about gay. It's about adultery where a male monkey sneaked in female, took her out in the midnight and slept with her. Her husband found out and the next morning, all monkeys gathered the adulterous monkeys and stoned them.

My point is animal also reason. Lion may not get that kind of punishment or may not even reason that way cus he's the king of the jungle.

To answer your question, it's only govt that has the right to punish gay if it's against law of the land. My understanding is that is a punishable offense in naija but I will not support. jungle justice. If penal code says they should be killed so be it.

I hate to see two stinking phat ¥ss doing sh*t together. Makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrOlai:

It's so unfortunate you are defending homosexuality! I'm quite sure you know what the Bible and Qur'an say about it.
[b]It's so unfortunate you keep quoting telling me what the bible and the Quran say, those two books are drunk and barbaric per say.

The bible also says people should not eat shell fish, wear tattoos, wear clothes sewn from two different fabrics, kill brides that are not virgins

. . I don't see christians yapping and protesting against people that do these, they are only interested in what two people do inside their bedroom... Perverts.

Quran also says fight unbelievers, you can marry up to 4wives, chop off the hands of a thief and so many other barbaric charges.

You have no right to impose your idea of decency based on your religious ideologies on other people...

Religious freedom does not mean you should impose your religious views on others it means you should practise your religion freely on your own so please stop trying to dictate for others how to live their own lives.

I am strictly straight but all i am saying is that you leave you religious beliefs out of the business of other people... You have no business with what two people do in the privacy of their bedroom.

I love girls i have no right to impose my orientation on others or force people to love girls like i do neither do you have the right to prize yourself as the determinant of social ethics based on your religious ideas. . .
[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by Empiree: 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
And fact, you can not compare human to animal. They don't reason like us. Your theory Johnny, is bs.

1 Like

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
Empiree:

To answer your question, it's only govt that has the right to punish gay if it's against law of the land. My understanding is that is a punishable offense in naija but I will not support. jungle justice. If penal code says they should be killed so be it.

Good, bravo. You have just arrived. . .

In Nigeria gays are imprisoned for 14years, In America they have rights just like every other person.

Since the judiciary determines the severity of an action like you have agreed, why not then stick out your religious views on the actions of the citizens of a state and let the judicial arm enforce their laws as stipulated by the constitution.

I hate to see two stinking phat ¥ss doing sh*t together. Makes no sense.
Like i mentioned above it doesn't make sense to me either because i am straight.

My only problem is for you to leave others to their own lives and live yours. Homos hurt or kill nobody any more than you hurt or kill anyone as a heterosexual.

You and i love pvssys, good for us. Nothing gives us the right to impose our own idea of sexual relationships on others. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by MrOlai: 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

[b][i]
And heterosexual sex is excluded from diseases?[/color]

In the faeces in the rectum/anus where the gays insert their anaconda, their are millions of deadly microbes and macrobes which find their ways through the urethra in the anaconda into the man! Have you ever thought of this?

This same homo who has contracted disease through this evil act would still have sex with another persons thereby transmitting/spreading diseases on the land! Some of them still have sex with womem , though they claim to be gays. Remember, diseases are easily transmitted to women!

For the heterosexual sex i e man-woman sex, honeypot is naturally designed to accommodate anaconda anytime any day. No deadly microbes or macrobes in v*gina that would threaten p*nis under normal condition. In fact, STI in heterosexual sex results primarily from sexual immoralities.

So, homosexuality is a serious problem to the society at large!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
Empiree:
And fact, you can not compare human to animal. They don't reason like us. Your theory Johnny, is bs.
The same you gave me a monkey morality analogy. . .Just imagine how you shot yourself on the leg.

I wonder how you people keep a straight face when exhibiting this type of psychological callowness...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrOlai:

In the faeces in the rectum/anus where the gays insert their anaconda, their are millions of deadly microbes and macrobes which find their ways through the urethra in the anaconda into the man! Have you ever thought of this?

This same homo who has contracted disease through this evil act would still have sex with another persons thereby transmitting/spreading diseases on the land! Some of them still have sex with womem , though they claim to be gays. Remember, diseases are easily transmitted to women!

For the heterosexual sex i e man-woman sex, honeypot is naturally designed to accommodate anaconda anytime any day. No deadly microbes or macrobes in v*gina that would threaten p*nis under normal condition. In fact, STI in heterosexual sex results primarily from sexual immoralities.

So, homosexuality is a serious problem to the society at large!

Now take a look at this. . Because numerous heterosexual individuals don't indulge in anal sex?

Anal sex is found also in heterosexual individuals, you still have no arguments here or any support to back up your unwarranted poke nose into the sex life of others.

Talk about societal problems you talk about; Radical islam that has poured untold terror and violence on the world, you talk about honour killings, you talk about beheading people with different religions, you talk about wars and conflicts, you talk about ethnic and religious bigotry and fanatism.

Isn't it hypocritical that you are here ignoring all these problems above that are of imminent threat to the well being of the planet but is only concerned with what two adults do in their bedrooms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by MrOlai: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

Now take a look at this. . Because numerous heterosexual individuals don't indulge in anal sex?
Anal sex is found also in heterosexual individuals...

That is why Anal Sex is a sin too among heterosexual couples as clearly stated in the Qur'an.
Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrOlai:

That is why Anal Sex is a sin too among heterosexual couples as clearly stated in the Qur'an.

Guess what, nobody cares what the Quran says.

The Quran did not find it bad that Muhammed married a 9year old (Pedophilia)

meaning the Quran is selective on what it condemns or makes adjustments to sooth muhammed's sexual perversion.

It disqualifies it to be a determinant to ethical guidance of 21st century beings. .

The world has moved past the primitive stage of conforming to the stipulated morals based on the ideologies of a medieval arab man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by MrOlai: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

Talk about societal problems you talk about; Radical islam that has poured untold terror and violence on the world, you talk about honour killings, you talk about beheading people with different religions, you talk about wars and conflicts, you talk about ethnic and religious bigotry and fanatism.
Isn't it hypocritical that you are here ignoring all these problems above that are of imminent threat to the well being of the planet but is only concerned with what two adults do in their bedrooms

Societal problems whether small or big would always remain societal problems. Religious fanaticism you mentioned is one. Homosexuality is also a societal problem. We should all work collectively to get rid of them in order to have healthy and conducive society. You should not be supporting one and condemning others.
Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrOlai:

Societal problems whether small or big would always remain societal problems. Religious fanaticism you mentioned is one. Homosexuality is also a societal problem. We should all work collectively to get rid of them in order to have healthy and conducive society. You should not be supporting one and condemning others.

Homosexuality hurts no one anymore than heterosexuality does.

Radical islam kills and hurts people, honour killings, ISIS, Boko haram, flogging of rape victims, denying women their rights, stoning of women, wars and conflicts.

These are the obvious societal problems that has thrown this world into chaos.

Face the problems that are of imminent threat to man, stop poke nosing into who someone choose to sleep with that doesn't concern, hurt or kill anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by OgundeleT(m): 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
the way people just think baffle me, God the omni omni created gay, he knew they will be gay be for he created them(bcus he's omniscient), and he cant use his power to change there mind(omnipotent), And at last he will send them to hell fire.
Those who believe everything has been predestined will always be the one to engage in jungle justice whenever someone err, 99% of nigerian are theist and we av so many cases in courts, why cant u people stop approaching court for redress whenever u feel like some one cheat u since it is predestined by God?? Never.
What has gay done to retrogress the society? None. But there powerful God that created gay dont like it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal by johnydon22(m): 10:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
OgundeleT:
the way people just think baffle me, God the omni omni created gay, he knew they will be gay be for he created them(bcus he's omniscient), and he cant use his power to change there mind(omnipotent), And at last he will send them to hell fire.
Those who believe everything has been predestined will always be the one to engage in jungle justice whenever someone err, 99% of nigerian are theist and we av so many cases in courts, why cant u people stop approaching court for redress whenever u feel like some one cheat u since it is predestined by God?? Never.
What has gay done to retrogress the society? None. But there powerful God that created gay dont like it

More like trying to lay out their own ideologies and force it on people.

Nobody cares what anybody believes in, one can believe in A diamond horse for all i care, its not my problem.

My problem comes when you start telling me how to live so in order not to offend your diamond horse, that is the part i tell both you and your horse to fvck off because you both are drunk.

i am seriously bewildered at the hypocrisy of muslims who applaud muhammed who committed pedophilia by consorting with a 9year old child, he is a role model and a hero.

All over the muslim world children are being married off as wives, is pedophilia not a much sicker sexual perversion than homosexuality?

but spell out death sentence and cry foul over who someone chooses to sleep with.

It is an stupid as it it is nonsensical...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should A Good Christian Drink Alcohol? / Pastor Adeboye Preach Against Earring And Make Up And Wigs / What Is An Unbeliever/what Constitutes An Unbeliever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.