Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Why English Is Hard To Learn? - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Why English Is Hard To Learn? (464 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why English Is Hard To Learn? by happyness200: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2015
Since when i was in primary school i began to learn both English and Arabic as second languages simulteneously. I found no difficulties in learning Arabic because i learned to write and speak good Arabic since when i was in secondary school. But unfortunately, upto this moment five years after my graduation from secondary school i failed to speak English fluently, despite all my efforts to do that. I can only speak simple and poor English in written form, but i can't do it as oral form.

Likewise, i found it difficult to understand native English speakers' accent because they tend to speak so rapidly, unlike African and south Asian (Pakistan, Indian and Bangladesh) whose i have no problem understanding their English accent. But whenever i listened to western people's English i will just think they're speaking other language not English.

Please what is the best method to learn English thereof? Previously i mainly rely on novels as my method of learning English.
Re: Why English Is Hard To Learn? by datYoyo2000(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2015
Go back to primary school.
Op, which school did u attend?
English is complex not so hard.
Re: Why English Is Hard To Learn? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2015
Speaking more to the opposite sex and watching Hollywood movies; the series ones
Re: Why English Is Hard To Learn? by happyness200: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2015
datYoyo2000:
Go back to primary school. Op, which school did u attend? English is complex not so hard.
I don't think i'm young enough to go back to primary school.
Re: Why English Is Hard To Learn? by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 18, 2015
El donia 7elwa!

The best way to learn a language is to speak it.

Find people who are fluent in english and converse with.

Watch lots of movies.

Read the dictionary like a novel and practice pronunciations. Write out your favorite words and try using them in sentences.
Re: Why English Is Hard To Learn? by datYoyo2000(m): 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
happyness200:

I don't think i'm young enough to go back to primary school.
U can try adult school

(1) (Reply)

Home Tutors Needed In Lagos And Ogun States / Mass Communication Project Topics / Start Sellng Waec, Neco And Jamb Result Checkng E-pins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.