Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 (20552 Views)

Whats Your Say On The New Tecno Droidpad 10 Pro II Tablet...COOL or NOT / Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Sammyblaq(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
ewizard1:

Thank God you said MOST! grin
MOST! I swear like 80%.

Big names/makes don't trip me...What ever they do, the so CHis does too.
Why the high cost?.
A phone selling over 120k... the phone na bomb dictator?
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
Some idiots talking smack about the phone, haven't even seen the phone. Why judge a book by its cover. Every company in the world started from somewhere and gradually built it self up, Tecno is doing just that. People should just chill.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
zenith4biz:
70k for TECNO

Let them put their logo at the back, then we can start our discussion

This phone should be 50k last
Wouldn't it be inferiority complex for some nigerians to say tecno should remove their front logo? Wouldn't you complain on the long run that "Tecno self dey hide their name cos na chinko". It will be a shame should they ever try such.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
OldGist:
TECNO should have started premium initially when they first hit the market. Just imagine Steve Jobs making an iPhone that sells for 10k and later up to 170k in the name of going premium. Remember: As you make your bed, so you must lie on it... TECNO started wrongly and it's too late for them to start correcting their mistakes EXCEPT they unveil a new brand only for premium devices. just my thought though.
Yea Tecno did mess up this time. there are some features that other mid and high phones have especially OTA that haven't infuse into their phones. What baffles me is that they keep on taking us for granted by churning out series of phones with no much difference yet the likes of infinix, innjoo and others are giving samsung headache.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Sandyultimate: 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
pls can u guys cheak the phone before u complai.... yes phones out there have better spec at cheaper price like the xiaomi,elephone etc the same way phones of lower specs cost way higher like oneplus2 that is 1ght of speed and alao htc desire 820 so stop making noise... abi na because u ni fit afford am
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 19, 2015
Seculent:

Still same old specs on their other models... No OS update.

They phone don't worth 40k... Tecno and Jumia will blame themselves for selling this phone at that price.

Only few people will buy it who don't know the crap they are wasting money on.
useless company!! Why would a company make different phones with different ui's/launcher,since the begining of android samsung used touchwizz till this very moment its still touchwizz just that its beign updated.my first android phone is the htc touch 3g slide i remember the ui htc sense fastfoward to years later i used htc one xl the ui is still htc sense just that its an updated one.sony sticked with bravia enginge,xiaomi sticked with miu , tecno....they where doing fine at first cause all first models came with same ui even tho its dam ugly atleast they sticked to something not until they started changing ui/launcher like pant! today you will see aliyun ui,tomorow amigo,next tomorow infinix like ui.

1 Like

Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by tonyx4x44(m): 7:24am On Sep 19, 2015
Mystiq25:
Op I will quote you here and disagree with you, "Devices in its class cost N20,000 more than it does" No devices in its class cost more than N20,000 less than it does eg UMI Iron(43k), Ulefone Be touch 2(47k).

they plenty sself

the almighty xiaomi red mi note 2 45k beats two of this tecno joined together

umi iron

letv one

ulephone betouch 2

all ocean latest devices

meizxu note 2

all these devices go murder that tecno and they are all under 50k +regular updates (except the xiaomi)

no be the same china they dey come from

premium my foot!
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by ApexTitan(m): 8:42am On Sep 19, 2015
Neyoalao:
with 70k i will buy better and worldwide china phones like umi.... elephone... ulephone... meizu..and still have change to buy better things other tham buying a local champion phone that isn't even gonna reach Xda for develppers to twerk it

They twerk phones now eh? grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by krozay(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2015
It can be compared with the galaxy S5
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by dukeo(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2015
Chizak24:
This article was written by Elroy Chibex

TECNO has just launched a new flagship device for 2015 – the TECNO Phantom 5. The MobilityArena.com team was present at the launch event and enjoyed all its glitz and glamour. We already had a unit of this phone even before the launch event, so we got to play with it and discovered what an amazing device it was upfront.

Going through Nairaland and other Nigerian forums, you will see and hear people voicing their various concerns. A TECNO phone for N70,000? Why would you or should you buy a TECNO phone for such a huge price?

This is a reply for all those complaining. I don’t have my allegiance sworn to TECNO or any other brand. Rather, as a more privileged observer these are my thoughts.

TECNO as we know it in the Nigerian market pride themselves as makers of value for money smartphones. Over the years they have done well in that aspect and provide Nigerians with affordable smartphones. In fact to be honest, TECNO has contributed to bringing the internet to many Nigerians.

So, people associate TECNO with cheap devices for the mid and lower class people that can afford it.

I remember 2013 when TECNO launched their first flagship, TECNO Phantom A. People cried wolf, but those that bought it bought it. Next was the even more expensive Phantom Z. Some people even wailed louder, and myself and many others still bought it.

Now we have a much better smartphone and people are still wailing. Again, I believe that people will still buy. People understand value and the Phantom 5 is great value. Devices in its class cost N20,000 more than it does, so it still follows TECNO’s mantra of providing value-for-money smartphones.

Looking at all the cries, complaints and criticisms. I came to two huge conclusions:

The people that are crying do so because they have not held used or even touched this phone
They cry foul because this is a TECNO
Like I said earlier, we already had this device even before it was launched. Mr.Mo is currently playing with his as I type this article.

We all at MobilityArena.com were amazed at the phone. The design and finishing, music quality both on earphone and external speakers – all superb. Trust me: this phone is miles apart from the TECNO phones you used to know. We were greatly impressed by what we saw, and we think it is worth its price.

Brand perception is one of the major things TECNO now has to tackle. People are resistant to change, and as TECNO wants to change their perception, many people are yet to come to terms with doling out that kind of cash for a TECNO device. People are complaining because it is a TECNO.

If it were a Sony, HTC, LG, or even a Xiaomi, we would all be cool with it. But note that the devices from those manufacturers in this class cost much more than the Phantom Z does. There is the value.

There are two advice I have for TECNO:

They should do more of marketing and put more effort to change that perceptions Nigerians have of them.
They should try as much as possible to provide a software update for their phones, especially fr a flagship device like the Phantom 5. That will go a long way in attracting the techies who are the most vocal users.
It would indeed be a sad plight to buy this phone and not get any software update.
If TECNO can do more to market themselves as premium maker (while their younger brother Infinix focuses on mid-low end devices), then assure us of a software update even if its just a single one to Marshmallow, then they have just completed the package.

Please before further criticism, first have a feel of this phone, compare its price with the price of its direct competitors, then come back and let’s talk.

Source
http://mobilityarena.com/tecno-mobile-phantom-5-and-the-dicey-game-of-perception/

Cc Lalasticlala

you may not be the one that wrote this article but then how come [size=14] XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 2 with helio x10 chip clocked @ 2.2ghz cost less [/size]

the writer of dis article no get point

1 Like

Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Seculent: 10:06am On Sep 19, 2015
markmira:

useless company!! Why would a company make different phones with different ui's/launcher,since the begining of android samsung used touchwizz till this very moment its still touchwizz just that its beign updated.my first android phone is the htc touch 3g slide i remember the ui htc sense fastfoward to years later i used htc one xl the ui is still htc sense just that its an updated one.sony sticked with bravia enginge,xiaomi sticked with miu , tecno....they where doing fine at first cause all first models came with same ui even tho its dam ugly atleast they sticked to something not until they started changing ui/launcher like pant! today you will see aliyun ui,tomorow amigo,next tomorow infinix like ui.

I wasn't talking about UI... Do you see me mention UI in my previous post? No

I was talking about specs which Tecno lacks.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by danizy(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2015
dharay99:
grin
marketer, hw much were yhu paid ⁴ds.?
Telme lemme double i† up ⁴yhu.

#70k untop tecno.? Maybe when my
dad bcumz FiFa president daht can happen.
xo u mean ur dad cant even bcom a local club coach not to talk of being a fifA presido
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
Seculent:

I wasn't talking about UI... Do you see me mention UI in my previous post? No

I was talking about specs which Tecno lacks.
hardware plus software makes a great device else some people with high end pc wont be complaining about windows 8.i know what i said bro! You think updates are rolled out just so you can install a new operating system?? NO!!! Some updates are rolled out to fix major flaws in an existing os eg battery life,security issues,camera improvement,better and smooth ui.....before condeming tecno have used four different device manufactured by them they all have one similar problem-the ui breaks down at some point-"unfortunately system ui has stopped"sometimes using a high res image breaks down the ui you will then have to fomart the phone tru recovery,in my case i was unclucky formatting didnt solve mine i had to dispose the device.all am tryna say is its better to stick to something then make it perfect than having so many imperfect things.you get the message?
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Iammelvin(m): 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
I love my zero 2 pass this tin jar winke
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by JanethEze(f): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
Go and buy your nonsense spec asha that can't be compared to phantom 5. Go on. + i bet you just dont have the money

AdmiralDru:
Price is too high for a tecno phone, i'd prefer to use Nokia asha than buying that sh*t.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by JanethEze(f): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
That one wey the camera dey like shit. You like cheap things

Iammelvin:

1 Like

Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by JanethEze(f): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
Exactly what I feel

mykel20:
Some idiots talking smack about the phone, haven't even seen the phone. Why judge a book by its cover. Every company in the world started from somewhere and gradually built it self up, Tecno is doing just that. People should just chill.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by JanethEze(f): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mind you its just 70k, its not N1000,000 . You seem to be talking like 70k is such a huge amount of money. So your dad has to be fifa pres for u to buy the phone. A fresh graduate earning 200k per month can afford this phone oga. Unless u have never seen 100k in your life

dharay99:
grin
marketer, hw much were yhu paid ⁴ds.?
Telme lemme double i† up ⁴yhu.

#70k untop tecno.? Maybe when my
dad bcumz FiFa president daht can happen.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
AdmiralDru:
Price is too high for a tecno phone, i'd prefer to use Nokia asha than buying that sh*t.

See talk. Mumu talk. How would you compare a Phantom with... Sigh! No words.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
JanethEze:
That one wey the camera dey like shit. You like cheap things

Hahaha! Na only camera? The phone gan is fragile. Not even to be compares with the Camon talkless of the Phantom.

1 Like

Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
JanethEze:
Mind you its just 70k, its not N1000,000 . You seem to be talking like 70k is such a huge amount of money. So your dad has to be fifa pres for u to buy the phone. A fresh graduate earning 200k per month can afford this phone oga. Unless u have never seen 100k in your life

Buahahahaaa! See as you fire the guy. You dey vex o
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
Iammelvin:

The zero 2 is not a phone abeg. Cannot be compared to to the Phantom... Far from it.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
markmira:

hardware plus software makes a great device else some people with high end pc wont be complaining about windows 8.i know what i said bro! You think updates are rolled out just so you can install a new operating system?? NO!!! Some updates are rolled out to fix major flaws in an existing os eg battery life,security issues,camera improvement,better and smooth ui.....before condeming tecno have used four different device manufactured by them they all have one similar problem-the ui breaks down at some point-"unfortunately system ui has stopped"sometimes using a high res image breaks down the ui you will then have to fomart the phone tru recovery,in my case i was unclucky formatting didnt solve mine i had to dispose the device.all am tryna say is its better to stick to something then make it perfect than having so many imperfect things.you get the message?

Very make sense post. I noticed my Camon C8 update today. Improving the camera and optimizing the apps and stuff like that. Using a near perfect OS is almost better than wanting bugged upgrades for no entire purpose

1 Like

Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
mykel20:

I think they are best ignored. Not every phone produced is for everyone
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 12:05am On Sep 25, 2015
Sammyblaq:

MOST! I swear like 80%.

Big names/makes don't trip me...What ever they do, the so CHis does too.
Why the high cost?.
A phone selling over 120k... the phone na bomb dictator?

Hehehehehe... It's really ridiculous what does expensive brands sell as premium smartphones. I'm glad a Chinese company is beginning to enter that market too. At least, we would soon start to get them affordable.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 12:37am On Sep 25, 2015
360ng:
i will get this phone next week

That makes two of us.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 25, 2015
Cerebrum:

Very make sense post. I noticed my Camon C8 update today. Improving the camera and optimizing the apps and stuff like that. Using a near perfect OS is almost better than wanting bugged upgrades for no entire purpose
exactly!!
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Sammyblaq(m): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2015
Cerebrum:

Hehehehehe... It's really ridiculous what does expensive brands sell as premium smartphones. I'm glad a Chinese company is beginning to enter that market too. At least, we would soon start to get them affordable.
Thanks to them Chinese.
I don't get the premium shyt. Ma momma will tell you "if a phone can make call and sent sms, leave it".
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:49am On Sep 25, 2015
Sammyblaq:
Thanks to them Chinese.
I don't get the premium shyt. Ma momma will tell you "if a phone can make call and sent sms, leave it".

Gbam! I think the Chinese have really tried. Tecno being the first in Nigeria to make smartphones affordable, I don't think they have forgotten what the Nigeria people need very quickly.
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2015
markmira:

exactly!!

People don't learn in English.. . They like to see bricked infinix phones as examples. LOOL
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Cerebrum:

People don't learn in English.. . They like to see bricked infinix phones as examples. LOOL
lol,how much did you get the camon c8?
Re: Reply To All Those Bashing The New TECNO Phantom 5 by Iammelvin(m): 8:35am On Sep 26, 2015
Cerebrum:

The zero 2 is not a phone abeg. Cannot be compared to to the Phantom... Far from it.
bros which one u dy use

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meta Services - Facebook, Instagram & Whatsapp Are Down In The United States / The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. / Get 9mobile 1gb Data For Just N200 Or Get 5gb For N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.