Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,506 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:46 PM

What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. (11752 Views)

EFCC To Ekweremadu: We’ll Arrest You If You’ve Gone On Looting Spree / APC Senators To Ekweremadu: Defect Or Be Booted Out Of Office / Saraki Hands Over To Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by oshyno(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lawyers in the house should enlighten us. Will Ekweremadu become the senate president. I doubt APC will allow that happen.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by chimoskyg(m): 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
Only if he will be jailed
Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by myqel(m): 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
I don't know o
Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by oshyno(m): 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
chimoskyg:
Only if he will be jailed

Lets face it man, APC Tinubu oo, Buhari are allover the guyz azz. I doubt he can weather this storm.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by libertyfather(m): 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
Nothing because no corrupt leader in Nigeria can be jailed

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
let me even assume for one second that Saraki gets booted out(even though I know it is an impossibility in the real sense) does the unity forunm senators have the numbers to elect one of theirs as senate president? The last time I checked the like minds comprising of a few APC senators and the PDP senators are in the majority.

Back to the topic.Unless Ekweremadu is impeached by a minimum of 73 senators,he remains the DSP

6 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by modath(f): 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
oshyno:
Lawyers in the house should enlighten us. Will Ekweremadu become the senate president. I doubt APC will allow that happen.

He will have his as$ handed to him as well...

When the government is hell bent on getting you, you will definitely be gotten! smiley

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by baralatie(m): 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
the question is if the fg removes sarai
1,does the PDP have a swing shot to snatch the senate presidency?
I think they do!

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
saraki is going
ekweremadu is going
mark is going
akpabio is already gone
Orji is warming up
Oduah is almost there

---their numbers are growing downward grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by 989900: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
modath:

He will have his as$ handed to him as well...

When the government is hell bent on getting you, you will definitely be gotten! smiley

#Word

"fxckingovernment, they don't run out of time, they don't run out of money"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by modath(f): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
989900:

#Word

"fxckingovernment, they don't run out of time, they don't run out of money"

On point....

PDP call it federal might, i call it "treating F up" cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
Can't wait for that day, in fact penalty for corruption should be death sentence.

4 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by oshyno(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
U guyz dont get it. Ekweremadu is constitutionally elected. If by any means Saraki is removed as the senate president maybe as a result of corruption, I think Ekweremadu becomes the senate president. The did not run a joint ticket. I dont see why Ekweremadu shud go with him if he(Saraki) is booted out.

12 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by BishopMagic: 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
The deputy Senate president will assume that role.

Although, I know the APC will later try to impeach him.

6 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Chimarto: 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hmm
Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Abugab(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
If Saraki gets booted out which is likely or get's highly tamed, Ekweremadu will not survive the wind too. He could likely be pushed out first to pave way for a sim-less change over. Ekweremadu's skeletons will soon be exhumed and brought to the fore and so he can't have a smooth ride.
I am sure APC already has this planned out as Lawal could still lead the senate before this administration expires.
Saraki allowed his ambition to thwart his rational prowess knowing fully well that he is dealing with his likes but with a HIGHER POWER which will be the joker and decider in this game

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by olaboy33(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
The senate forgery saga will be next...no wonder its only ekweremadu it was pointing to

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
If Saraki is convicted, Ekweremadu assumes the position of acting Senate President pending when the Senate elect a new President. When a new SP is elected, he (Ike) reverts to his DSP role.

Ekweremadu can ONLY be removed by 2/3 of Senators present in a sitting provided that they form quorum. So far, PDP has 49 Senators making it impossible for APC Senators to kick him out.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by bettercreature(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Saraki will never go to jail,they just want him out of that office which i hope it will be decided today
If the arrest warrant is issue today,Saraki can not be senate president again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
bettercreature:
Saraki will never go to jail,they just want him out of that office which i hope it will be decided today
If the arrest warrant is issue today,Saraki can not be senate president again

Lolz too much babies on nairaland!!! How does an arrest warrant even begin to remove Saraki from office?

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by bettercreature(m): 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz too much babies on nairaland!!! How does an arrest warrant even begin to remove Saraki from office?
He has become a suspect if the arrest warrant is issued today and a suspect can not preside over the affairs of the senate,he must go and face the law, Ekweremadu will take over pending the time the senate will conduct fresh election,go and read about adolphus wabara

6 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by oshyno(m): 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
If Saraki is convicted, Ekweremadu assumes the position of acting Senate President pending when the Senate elect a new President. When a new SP is elected, he (Ike) reverts to his DSP role.

Ekweremadu can ONLY be removed by 2/3 of Senators present in a sitting provided that they form quorum. So far, PDP has 49 Senators making it impossible for APC Senators to kick him out.

Strange !! When the principal is out, the deputy assumes his position now. Maybe u let us in on what happened when Wabara, Okadigbo were removed.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
oshyno:

Strange !! When the principal is out, the deputy assumes his position now. Maybe u let us in on what happened when Wabara, Okadigbo were removed.
When Wabara was removed Ken Nnamani was elected to succeed him. Senator Ibrahim Mantu (Plateau state) retained his position as DSP.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Gbawe: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:
let me even assume for one second that Saraki gets booted out(even though I know it is an impossibility in the real sense) does the unity forunm senators have the numbers to elect one of theirs as senate president? The last time I checked the like minds comprising of a few APC senators and the PDP senators are in the majority.

Back to the topic.Unless Ekweremadu is impeached by a minimum of 73 senators,he remains the DSP

You'll never change and you will never learn. Do we need to dig up your posts where you spoke with certainty about how GEJ will carry the day and show Tinubu, Buhari et al who is "the most influential politician in Nigeria"? Or shall I remind you of how you pledged to deactivate your account if Buhari won in a certain State he actually did in the end? Yet, showing you have no shame or honour, you are still here and posting.

You have been discredited many times here yet you never learn. Keep turning things illogically on its head, in ignorance of the Nigerian political truth and reality, to speak as if a Senate President can really stand in the way of a determined President especially when the North, a region that feel it was cheated of power over the Yar Adua saga, will always throw Saraki into the lions den than threaten Buhari's Presidency. Perhaps you and your household will protect Saraki. In a battle of supremacy with Buhari, the North will cut Saraki off pronto and the SW will be disinterested in helping him. even SE and SS senators will quickly be whipped into line because those guys are about self-interest while you live to come to Nairaland to talk sentimentally about what you want which, logically, is not feasible. I don't know when you will understand politics is about permanent interest and not permanent enemies/friends. You always talk sentimentally and I have not notice where you have once made logical sense or spoken as if you acknowledge the reality of things. Saraki is a goner if indeed Buhari wants him gone. So also Ekweremadu.

23 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
Gbawe:

You'll never change and you will never learn. Do we need to dig up your posts where you spoke with certainty about how GEJ will carry the day and show Tinubu, Buhari et al who is "the most influential politician in Nigeria"? Or shall I remind you of how you pledged to deactivate your account if Buhari won in a certain State he actually did in the end? Yet, showing you have no shame or honour, you are still here and posting.

You have been discredited many times here yet you never learn. Keep turning things illogically on its head, in ignorance of the Nigerian political truth and reality, to speak as if a Senate President can really stand in the way of a determined President especially when the North, a region that feel it was cheated of power over the Yar Adua saga, will always throw Saraki into the lions den than threaten Buhari's Presidency. Perhaps you and your household will protect Saraki. In a battle of supremacy with Buhari, the North will cut Saraki off pronto and the SW will be disinterested in helping him. even SE and SS senators will quickly be whipped into line because those guys are about self-interest while you live to come to Nairaland to talk sentimentally about what you want which, logically, is not feasible. I don't know when you will understand politics is about permanent interest and not permanent enemies/friends. You always talk sentimentally and I have not notice where you have once made logical sense or spoken as if you acknowledge the reality of things. Saraki is a goner if indeed Buhari wants him gone. So also Ekweremadu.
"tonyebarcanista is back, hope you know that?" quote me anywhere.

6 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by oshyno(m): 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
Gbawe:

You have been discredited many times here yet you never learn. Keep turning things illogically on its head, in ignorance of the Nigerian political truth and reality, to speak as if a Senate President can really stand in the way of a determined President especially when the North, a region that feel it was cheated of power over the Yar Adua saga, will always throw Saraki into the lions den than threaten Buhari's Presidency. Perhaps you and your household will protect Saraki. In a battle of supremacy with Buhari, the North will cut Saraki off pronto and the SW will be disinterested in helping him. even SE and SS senators will quickly be whipped into line because those guys are about self-interest while you live to come to Nairaland to talk sentimentally about what you want which, logically, is not feasible. I don't know when you will understand politics is about permanent interest and not permanent enemies/friends. You always talk sentimentally and I have not notice where you have once made logical sense or spoken as if you acknowledge the reality of things. Saraki is indeed a goner if indeed Buhari wants him gone. So also Ekweremadu.

I beg to differ. There is oo much lacuna in our constitution. A court orders one to appear in court. Another court issues a counter order. This is where these politicians feast on. Another court will order stay of execution till the case and its merit is determined.Saraki continue to be the president while court case continues.

Moreover if Saraki shud solidify his grip on the unity group senators, together with PDP they have upper hand. The senator APC wants to replace Saraki will still be summarily defeated. Then Buhari will have a very turbulent tenure.

9 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by raumdeuter: 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
Just like When Salisu Buhari, Enwerem, Okadigbo were removed from their posts, A new Senate president would be elected

Ekweremadu would never be the Senate President

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by giantstrides(m): 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ekweremadu can never lead the senate, a new president will be elected.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Akanbiedu(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
Gbawe:

Gbawe, e ku ojo meta oo.

Hope you are enjoying the way Nigeria is reseting gradually?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by yhemsy62(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
[Even though dis is getting interesting but I doubt saraki will go to jail. But if truly change as come as apc claimed and saraki eventually go to jail Ekweremadu will emerge as d acting senate president. But am 100% sure apc will find all possible means impeach him.
Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Akanbiedu(m): 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
raumdeuter:
Just like When Salisu Buhari, Enwerem, Okadigbo were removed from their posts, A new Senate president would be elected
Ekweremadu would never be the Senate President

By the time they finish with Saraki, the guy will be begging to resign. His case is in a cooler.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Ekweremadu If Saraki Is Jailed For Corruption. by Caseless: 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
The lagooner will be kicked out too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2017 Budget Faces Fresh Hurdle At National Assembly / Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Minimum Wage, Maximum Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.